PDA

View Full Version : 2nd lowest point total scored vs OM in 2020

Coach34
11-28-2020, 08:13 PM
If you are happy about today- I dont know what to tell you.

Kiffin gave up 3 easy FG's because of "analytics" which would have given them 37-40 points
We scored 24 points against one of the worst defenses in the country.

Vandy scored 21
SC scored 42
Auburn 35
UPig 33
Bama 63
Kentucky 41
Florida 51

Cant wait for more of this awful shit next year

msstate7
11-28-2020, 08:15 PM
Growth, baby

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2020, 08:16 PM

Kiffin gave up 3 easy FG's because of "analytics" which would have given them 37-40 points

Vandy scored 21
SC scored 42
Auburn 35
UPig 33
Bama 63
Kentucky 41
Florida 51

Just a shit post that isn't reality.

Young team & Austin Williams fumbled at the 1 inch.

msstate7
11-28-2020, 08:17 PM

What part of his post is incorrect?

Coach34
11-28-2020, 08:18 PM

Players fumble all the time. The post is 100% and if you are happy about today you are a moron

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2020, 08:19 PM
What part of his post is incorrect?

The "Can't wait for more of this awful shit next year" part.

It's not awful. We're light year's better on offense than we were last year. Last year our only offense was the QB scrambling. Now we score through executing the offense which provides infinitely more upside.

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2020, 08:20 PM
Players fumble all the time. The post is 100% and if you are happy about today you are a moron

Big difference in being happy with outcome of the game vs being happy with the direction of the program. Big difference.

MetEdDawg
11-28-2020, 08:21 PM
How many of those teams have a freshman QB?

How many of those teams have a defense depleted so badly that they can't really give the offense a short field to work with or turn the ball over? Happy? No. But seeing what 49 guys bought into Leach can do? Yes.

I get it. You want to be right about Leach. But we took 49 scholarship players into Oxford with a freshman QB, a freshman RB, and a freshman WR leading in their respective categories.

The team we have left plays damned hard. And if you want to give OM the field goals, give us the fluke fumble at the 1 by Austin Williams as a TD since we are giving teams things they didn't earn.

Get that out of here tonight. We played hard. Offense looks better. Still needs work. Defense is insanely depleted. And we were 10 point underdogs. We shouldn't have won. We didn't win. But we very well could have.

This was the most meaningless Egg Bowl in the last 20 years. I'll be ok. Not happy but can see the progress.

msstate7
11-28-2020, 08:24 PM

How many of those teams have a defense depleted so badly that they can't really give the offense a short field to work with?

I get it. You want to be right about Leach. But we took 49 scholarship players into Oxford with a freshman QB, a freshman RB, and a freshman WR leading in their respective categories.

The team we have left plays damned hard. And if you want to give OM the field goals, give us the fluke fumble at the 1 by Austin Williams as a TD since we are giving teams things they didn't earn.

Get that out of here tonight. We played hard. Offense looks better. Still needs work. Defense is insanely depleted. And we were 10 point underdogs. We shouldn't have won. We didn't win. But we very well could have.

This was the most meaningless Egg Bowl in the last 20 years. I'll be ok. Not happy but can see the progress.

Moral victory, eh?

lastmajordog
11-28-2020, 08:25 PM
I saw great stuff but I HATE this offense. I want only the best for the “DOGS” but I miss some pound football when need be.

msu15
11-28-2020, 08:30 PM

Vandy scored 21
SC scored 42
Auburn 35
UPig 33
Bama 63
Kentucky 41
Florida 51

Leach makes 200 times more than you do for a reason.

chef dixon
11-28-2020, 08:32 PM
Is anyone surprised by this post

MetEdDawg
11-28-2020, 08:33 PM
Moral victory, eh?

Not really. But more along the lines of we did what we realistically should have been expected to do. We were a 10 point underdog that threw a pass into the end zone to tie the game at the end of regulation. And we have 49 scholarship players.

We didn't win the game and I don't do moral victories. But I am at least capable of taking information from a loss and using it to understand things. Fumble at the 1 was a 14 point swing. Team played hard. Defense depleted of more than half its starters. Offense led by guys only a very small few thought could make a significant impact immediately.

I'm pleased that I see very clear evidence of growth on both sides. And that's been missing from our program the lat 4 years.

Coach34

only because my ex asked me turn down the GA position 22 years ago

msstate7
Delere

Matt3467
11-28-2020, 08:34 PM

How many of those teams have a defense depleted so badly that they can't really give the offense a short field to work with or turn the ball over? Happy? No. But seeing what 49 guys bought into Leach can do? Yes.

^^^^

Coach34
11-28-2020, 08:35 PM

is anyone surprised we scored less on the one of the worst D's in the country other than Vandy?

ShotgunDawg
Moral victory, eh?

Not as much as last week, but verification of progress yes

lastmajordog

Just being objective.....could you say that about JM the last two years?...

chef dixon

Is that the coaching equivalent of "blew my knee out in high school"

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2020, 08:36 PM
I saw great stuff but I HATE this offense. I want only the best for the “DOGS” but I miss some pound football when need be.

We'll be able to beat the blue bloods with this offense. They'll be forced into a 3-8 & we'll pick them apart. You can't do that with the ground and pound. Those days are over

Alphadog
11-28-2020, 08:36 PM
Damn I can?t tell when you?re kidding or really being an obnoxious asshole

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2020, 08:37 PM

Damn, Good things she's your ex

I have the upmost respect for you & most of your opinions. You know that, but I truly believe we're growing & getting better here. I think winning big is closer than we think

msstate7
11-28-2020, 08:37 PM
We'll be able to beat the blue bloods with this offense. They'll be forced into a 3-8 & we'll pick them apart. You can't do that with the ground and pound. Those days are over

Yep, Bama is toast

Maroonthirteen
11-28-2020, 08:41 PM
I'll give Leach this. He is getting maximum effort out the players left.

However his offense isn't some magical scoreboard tilting machine that it's made out
To be. True we have a freshman QB, RB and WR. But this offense will always be what it was tonight, V Vandy and in UGA. All talk and little substance.

6-8 wins is your ceiling.

ScoobaDawg
11-28-2020, 08:41 PM

Nope. He's being a damn troll like always.
He delights in state playing bad and had a tweet ready to send as the clock struck zero..

I saw plenty of heart from our 45 players tonight especially will and walley

ScoobaDawg
11-28-2020, 08:44 PM

Sounds like too bad you have screwed up too bad over the past 22 years to never have a chance... Damn dude. Way to live in the past as an example. The ultimate AL bundy reference.

HancockCountyDog
Are we just going to ignore the fact that our defense was very good and we will be losing some studs up front?

I want things to be better as well, pretending we are getting better after punting 6 times, scoring 24 points against maybe the worst defense I?ve ever seen is comical.

Coach34

No- it was I was offered a college GA job but it didnt pay shit but tuition and my pregnant wife refused to be the only bread winner for me to live my dream. I made the stupid decision to stay with my ex-wife. Hundreds of coaches make that decision every year.

Coach34
11-28-2020, 08:46 PM
Are we just going to ignore the fact that our defense was very good and we will be losing some studs up front?

I want things to be better as well, pretending we are getting better after punting 6 times, scoring 24 points against maybe the worst defense I?ve ever seen is comical.

yeahhhhh- posters dont want this kind of honesty tonight

HoopsDawg
11-28-2020, 08:49 PM

They really don't. Ignorance is bliss I guess. We punted 6 times against that defense. As Hancock pointed out, UF, Bama, South Carolina and UK punted a combined 6 times total against Ole Miss.

If you can't figure out some sort of running scheme vs that Ole Miss defense, you aren't a good coach. If you burn 2 timeouts on offense at the end of the game when you are down 2 scores. You aren't a good coach. This isn't 1995.

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2020, 08:50 PM
I'll give Leach this. He is getting maximum effort out the players left.

However his offense isn't some magical scoreboard tilting machine that it's made out
To be. True we have a freshman QB, RB and WR. But this offense will always be what it was tonight, V Vandy and in UGA. All talk and little substance.

6-8 wins is your ceiling.

Gonna disagree.

This offense gives us a chance to score on the blue bloods, which we've always had trouble doing. We're just in the process of getting good enough at it right now to score against anyone running a 3-8.

We're making strides, big strides.

BayouDawg
I chalk up the missed opportunities as the reason for only scoring 24. Bad snaps freshman qb missing reads, drive killing penalties.

ShotgunDawg

We just see things differently. That's fine.

Joebob
11-28-2020, 08:51 PM

I'm going to have to disagree with this. While I certainly see signs of life with the offense, I just don't see us really going anywhere with it as long as we stay this one dimensional, especially against SEC defenses. Maybe I'll be wrong. If so, I'll have learned something new. But right now I don't see any more upside for it than running the Wishbone. For me, it's all about having balance and making the defense play you honest, and Leach just doesn't seem interested in that.

msu15
11-28-2020, 08:51 PM
Yep, Bama is toast

The irony here is you think Howland is building something and are excited about our team this year.

BeardoMSU
11-28-2020, 08:52 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zzw7VwNoYM&ab_channel=Bradley

Commercecomet24
11-28-2020, 08:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zzw7VwNoYM&ab_channel=Bradley

You're still the best!

msstate7
11-28-2020, 08:55 PM
The irony here is you think Howland is building something and are excited about our team this year.

I think we will be a decent team in basketball. Howland has proven he can be respectable (6th most wins in sec last 3 years). Leach hasn't proven that, yet... he certainly could, but he hasn't. And I have no illusions of grandeur in basketball. We could be a decent team, but I ain't saying we gonna be thumping Kentucky bc we played mizzou close and lost (equal comparison)

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-28-2020, 08:56 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Quaoarsking
11-28-2020, 08:59 PM
Coach34 has been bashing Leach and calling him a terrible coach for 15+ years, going back to his days on SixPackSpeak. Of course he's going to be find anything he can to criticize Leach over - he can't handle being wrong about anything.

BeardoMSU
11-28-2020, 09:00 PM
only because

https://i.gifer.com/7MAx.gif

Percho
11-28-2020, 09:00 PM

Vandy scored 21
SC scored 42
Auburn 35
UPig 33
Bama 63
Kentucky 41
Florida 51

Who of any had any hope of hail mary points to tie?

I am neither happy nor unhappy and see much improvement with a lot of young guys that have a lot to learn yet showing signs that they can learn.

Put that in your pipe.

Captain Falcon
11-28-2020, 09:04 PM
We barely had 200 yards against an awful Vandy team that spotted us 5 turnovers three weeks ago.

We aren’t where we need to be yet, and we definitely left opportunities out there today that would’ve allowed us to win the game. But we were dead in the water three weeks ago and have shown some pretty clear growth offensively.

If you want to be pissed we lost the Egg then I get that. But we are a very much a work in progress and have shown clear signs of progress the last two weeks, so I will allow myself to be encouraged by that.

Coach34
11-28-2020, 09:05 PM
Coach34 has been bashing Leach and calling him a terrible coach for 15+ years, going back to his days on SixPackSpeak. Of course he's going to be find anything he can to criticize Leach over - he can't handle being wrong about anything.

What am I wrong about? He is a complete failure in Year 1 in the SEC. A Complete Failure

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2020, 09:05 PM
We barely had 200 yards against an awful Vandy team that spotted us 5 turnovers three weeks ago.

We aren’t where we need to be yet, and we definitely left opportunities out there today that would’ve allowed us to win the game. But we were dead in the water three weeks ago and have shown some pretty clear growth offensively.

If you want to be pissed we lost the Egg then I get that. But we are a very much a work in progress and have shown clear signs of progress the last two weeks, so I will allow myself to be encouraged by that.

Good measured post

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2020, 09:06 PM
What am I wrong about? He is a complete failure in Year 1 in the SEC. A Complete Failure

He's been a complete failure in year 1 everywhere he's been, but we also see the long term results. It's clear as day that we're improving & it's likely we'll see the same results here but with better defense

He's not a quick fix guy. I think he'll be running circles around Kiffin soon

msstate7

Well, I gotta give you credit for that point... we were as bad as I've saw offensively vs vandy, and today was just disappointing. Progress, I guess

thf24
You can tell by posts like this when 34 is getting worried he's eventually going to turn out to be wrong.

BeardoMSU
11-28-2020, 09:08 PM
You can tell by posts like this when 34 is getting worried he's eventually going to turn out to be wrong.

He'll just move the goalposts. Rinse. Repeat.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2020, 09:09 PM
He'll just move the goalposts. Rinse. Repeat.

This.

bluelightstar
11-28-2020, 09:09 PM
The pure air raid may eventually work in the SEC (doubt it), but it is beyond me how people are convincing themselves we are almost there based on a mediocre offensive against maybe the worst defense in the country

Coach34
11-28-2020, 09:13 PM
He's been a complete failure in year 1 everywhere he's been, but we also see the long term results. It's clear as day that we're improving & it's likely we'll see the same results here but with better defense

He's not a quick fix guy. I think he'll be running circles around Kiffin soon

Ok. If you think so. Other coaches win in other leagues and then fail in the SEC. This will likely turn out the same way as Sumlin, Nutts, Bielema, etc

Coach34
11-28-2020, 09:14 PM
The pure air raid may eventually work in the SEC (doubt it), but it is beyond me how people are convincing themselves we are almost there based on a mediocre offensive against maybe the worst defense in the country

This

Bdawg
11-28-2020, 09:15 PM

I can't really emphasize enough how stupid this comment makes you look. But sorry you missed out on all that money! Damn.

BuckyIsAB****
11-28-2020, 09:15 PM

Geez man

HoopsDawg
11-28-2020, 09:16 PM

It's twilight zone. I guess fans being fans. Leach can be successful here if he will adapt a little. If he doesn't adapt, we will fail. He's around a .500 coach now at WSU and MSU combined.

Coach34
11-28-2020, 09:19 PM
It's twilight zone. I guess fans being fans. Leach can be successful here if he will adapt a little. If he doesn't adapt, we will fail. He's around a .500 coach now at WSU and MSU combined.

exactly

BeardoMSU
11-28-2020, 09:19 PM
I can't really emphasize enough how stupid this comment makes you look. But sorry you missed out on all that money! Damn.

It's forgivable to lack self awareness, not to mention just a general perspective about life, when you're a thriving internet personality and cult hero. It's a grind.**

https://media1.giphy.com/media/erldqIniuBYo8/giphy.gif

tcdog70
11-28-2020, 09:21 PM
In the second half
1. Chop block kills the drive.
2. Cole’s’ s shitty snap kills the drive
3. Ditto on Cole.

We still score as many points as the Rebs. In the first half the fumble snatches away a TD and give them one. 14 point turn around. And on the Hail Mary, Walley was interfered with.just saying

lastmajordog
11-28-2020, 09:21 PM

Gun I wasn?t talking about GnP......I was referencing being ABLE to stick it up the wazoo when needed. It is difficult to do that from a total shotgun formation. Surely you understand that. Especially in the redone.

BayouDawg
11-28-2020, 09:23 PM
In the second half
1. Chop block kills the drive.
2. Cole’s’ s shitty snap kills the drive
3. Ditto on Cole.

We still score as many points as the Rebs. In the first half the fumble snatches away a TD and give them one. 14 point turn around. And on the Hail Mary, Walley was interfered with.just saying

No no. The drop 8 defense caused all that

Quaoarsking
11-28-2020, 09:24 PM

He turned around the attitude of the team. That's no small accomplishment. He's been competitive lately with true freshmen in the major contributing roles.

It could have been a lot worse. We could easily be 0-8 right now, and we could have been a lot less competitive.

maroonmania
11-28-2020, 09:27 PM

This is just a crap thread and the type that makes a lot of folks wish C34 would just post less. We have AT LEAST 2 more years of Leach and he has obviously lost a lot of players that didn't buy into his ways. Between that and injuries and COVID, given what he has left, I am just fine with what I'm seeing on the field. At least they are giving a good effort and I see some improvement on the offensive side. Attrition has just killed our defense. But WHAT good does a post like this do unless you are just trying to influence the fan base to NOT support the current HC. And like I said, this isn't a deal where a coaching change might be made, this is a situation where Leach has 2 more years no matter what. A post like this does nothing but create negativity in the fanbase. Now if we are still bad next year with a year to learn the system AND a spring practice and players not quitting then I could understand a post like this. But given the situation, this thread is crap.

BeastMan
11-28-2020, 09:28 PM

Was that cooch worth the loss of $5M a year lol

BeardoMSU
11-28-2020, 09:31 PM

Yep. Lets throw the pregnant wife/child under the bus...

https://media.tenor.com/images/9f99aff4127d94d08a7c9651de290962/tenor.gif

Coach34
11-28-2020, 09:32 PM

Not even a little. Biggest regret of my life.

Bdawg
11-28-2020, 09:32 PM

I can agree with this. Right now, I am neither bullish nor bearish on Leach. But I am willing to see things play out and give the man some time, especially after a craptastic, crazy Covid year. We have seen nothing like it. But I have seen some improvement lately and that give me some hope. I feel better about Leach right now than I did with Moorhead. But Leach needs to recruit better than he ever has on both sides of the ball in order for him to succeed. If he recruits well and get the players he wants for the most, I think he will have success here. But I'm willing to give him 2 more years to see if he can do it, because his track record says he can.

Activated Alpha
11-28-2020, 09:46 PM

What was Mullen's SEC record his first year here? Holy shit man, I respect your insight and posts, but you and Hoops have to take a chill pill. This sight is starting to be unbearable with you two.

msstate7
11-28-2020, 09:48 PM
What was Mullen's SEC record his first year here? Holy shit man, I respect your insight and posts, but you and Hoops have to take a chill pill. This sight is starting to be unbearable with you two.

Mullen took over a team that wasn't good at all, and played one of the toughest schedules in the country. Every state fan was excited about mullen. There was zero concern over Dan his first season

Activated Alpha
11-28-2020, 09:53 PM
Mullen took over a team that wasn't good at all, and played one of the toughest schedules in the country. Every state fan was excited about mullen. There was zero concern over Dan his first season

Only because Mullen came after Croom. Hell you could have put a mob bucket out there as a coach and it would have been better than Croom. But still, tell me again what was Mullen's SEC record in his first year? I understand being bitter about losing to the shitbirds, but this doom and gloom shit on this board is getting to be intolerable.

Cooterpoot
11-28-2020, 09:54 PM
C34 is a bitter guy for some reason. Year one with little talent to match the system is a big issue. Give it another year. Happy about losing? No. But I'm giving him time to get some players and work some things. Playing with 50 scholarship guys is a killer too. But we play harder than the last few years, are in better shape, and have some young talent and some good players coming in. If we suck in a couple years, we'll still be in better shape than we were last few years.

Cooterpoot
11-28-2020, 09:57 PM

Dan had talent minus a QB.

msstate7
C34 is a bitter guy for some reason. Year one with little talent to match the system is a big issue. Give it another year. Happy about losing? No. But I'm giving him time to get some players and work some things. Playing with 50 scholarship guys is a killer too. But we play harder than the last few years, are in better shape, and have some young talent and some good players coming in. If we suck in a couple years, we'll still be in better shape than we were last few years.

Cooter, you said this offense sucks and wouldn't work like 2 hours ago

maroonmania

I'm sure Leach could have handled some things better, but Mullen, unlike Leach, at least didn't inherit a group of players that had been coddled for the past 2 years. And believe me, if he had, given the way he and Hevesy and some of the rest of that staff loved to chew ass, we would have lost a fair share of players under him as well.

msstate7
11-28-2020, 09:58 PM
Dan had talent minus a QB.

Mullen is a better coach

Bdawg
11-28-2020, 09:59 PM

I could also say because of the culture Leach inherited, this team wasn't all that good either.

HoopsDawg
Cooter, you said this offense sucks and wouldn't work like 2 hours ago

LOL, yes he did.

Coach34
Maybe you guys will be right for a change. But the fact this site exists is because I've been right more than not. I dont think the Leach experiment works out. I may be wrong- but you mf'ers know I'm right alot more than I'm wrong. Hobby Lobby

msstate7
11-28-2020, 10:00 PM
LOL, yes he did.

He's never wrong bc he's on both sides of the fence

HoopsDawg
11-28-2020, 10:00 PM
Only because Mullen came after Croom. Hell you could have put a mob bucket out there as a coach and it would have been better than Croom. But still, tell me again what was Mullen's SEC record in his first year? I understand being bitter about losing to the shitbirds, but this doom and gloom shit on this board is getting to be intolerable.

If anyone tries to compare the first year of Leach to the first year of Mullen, they immediately lose any crediblity. I've never been so happy to be 5-7 as I was under Mullen.

KOdawg1
11-28-2020, 10:02 PM
Here's the deal. A few weeks ago, I was convinced this offense would never work in the SEC. I still think that, but I think if he adapts, it has a chance. Leach's pass to run ratio seems to be moving heavier towards pass as his career goes on. That's not going to work. At Texas Tech, he ran the ball much more, and I think he needs to move back to that. I know he's not gonna abandon the air raid. I'm not advocating for him to. But he's got to establish a better running game than he has now. This simple draw BS isn't enough. He needs more pre-snap movement, sweeps, counters, maybe a read option. Those are easy 8 yard gains that he's giving up on in favor of check down passes. The defense isn't having to think. A thinking defense is a slow defense.

Right now, this offense will put up enough points to beat bad teams. If you have a negative play, the drive is toast. If you have to move with a sense of urgency, you're toast. If you have a 3rd or 4th and short, you're limited on what you can do because you literally have two running plays. It doesn't make sense. Leach can keep doing this and he'll win 4-5 games a year and will retire to Key West in 2 more years. Or he can adapt, add creativity and a better running game, and bump our ceiling to 7-8 wins. It's up to him.

Activated Alpha
11-28-2020, 10:03 PM
If anyone tries to compare the first year of Leach to the first year of Mullen, they immediately lose any crediblity. I've never been so happy to be 5-7 as I was under Mullen.

Why were you happy though? Mullen had OOC cupcakes to beat and to instill his offense accordingly. However he only won 3 SEC games that year and wasn't that much better the next year. You and C34 have grinded out an agenda over the past 6 weeks against Leach even though everyone else can understand the odds stacking against him. You are the one with not a lot of credibility.

Jack Lambert
11-28-2020, 10:04 PM

I listen to the radio and Matt said there was only 47 scholarship players and we played 14 freshman. We have a good core of guys to build around. OLe miss dressed out 30+ more guys then we had.

msstate7
11-28-2020, 10:06 PM
Why were you happy though? Mullen had OOC cupcakes to beat and to instill his offense accordingly. However he only won 3 SEC games that year and wasn't that much better the next year. You and C34 have grinded out an agenda over the past 6 weeks against Leach even though everyone else can understand the odds stacking against him. You are the one with not a lot of credibility.

Georgia tech and Houston weren't cupcakes. Didn't we play the hardest schedule in the year that season?

HoopsDawg
11-28-2020, 10:07 PM

I have no agenda except I want State to win. I was optimistic when we hired Leach. This season has been one of the worst coaching jobs I've ever witnessed.

Coach34
11-28-2020, 10:13 PM
Georgia tech and Houston weren't cupcakes. Didn't we play the hardest schedule in the year that season?

LMAO- Ga Tech and Houston both won 10 games in 2009 that season. Our fans will go to any lengths to try and prop up coaches that suck

Really Clark?
11-28-2020, 10:16 PM

We did, hardest schedule in the country Dan’s first year

Alphadog
11-28-2020, 10:22 PM
LMAO- Ga Tech and Houston both won 10 games in 2009 that season. Our fans will go to any lengths to try and prop up coaches that suck
We may not win another game in while Leach is coach here but a high school offensive coordinator saying a SEC head coach sucks is funny to me. If only you would have gotten that GA gig you would be the one we are criticizing on this board tonight.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-28-2020, 10:23 PM
I've never been more embarrassed for a grown ass man than I am for C34. To be a Fing HS coach and literally maintain that had he taken a GA job he'd be making 5M a year is the most uncle Rico thing I've ever literally witnessed.

And yes, he'll just move the goalposts no matter what happens going forward. Remember when he said this D would be bottom in the SEC? And then it was top till 2 they lost 4 starters? Yeah he literally counted pic 6's against the D because once the ball is intercepted the "offense becomes the defense". Literally- apparently if Costello throws an int and neither he nor the WR can run the CB down it's Arnett's fault. Now he pretends he never said any of it and shits on the O

How anyone can crap on an O with True Fr leading the way at every skill position, no depth at all, and that's getting better, I have no idea. But some still do.

And yeah this year has sucked. I'm old enough to remember (because I'm more than 1 year old) when this entire board was in agreement than JoMo had destroyed our culture and 2020 would be a loss because of it. Flash forward to 2020 and the new coach has to clear out the culture issues, and people are shocked, shocked!, that the product on the field isn't good.

Fact is Leach has fixed the culture, we have a lot of young talent that's improved drastically, and we've got Leach guys coming in. Let's not forget Leach has never been a quick fix guy, so this isn't out of the norm.

Things are looking up, it's a shame some of y'all are too stubborn to admit it/too impatient to give Leach a pass for this year

msstate7
11-28-2020, 10:24 PM
We may not win another game in while Leach is coach here but a high school offensive coordinator saying a SEC head coach sucks is funny to me. If only you would have gotten that GA gig you would be the one we are criticizing on this board tonight.

C34 and I have butted heads too many times to count, but it's dumb to be critical of him bc he's a HS coach. Hell, that makes him more qualified than almost all of us here to critique a coach

msu15
11-28-2020, 10:26 PM
C34 and I have butted heads too many times to count, but it's dumb to be critical of him bc he's a HS coach. Hell, that makes him more qualified than almost all of us here to critique a coach

He loses all credibility when he calls Mike Leach, who's had more success than fat boy would ever dream of, a "shit coach". C34 is pathetic

Alphadog
11-28-2020, 10:32 PM
He loses all credibility when he calls Mike Leach, who's had more success than fat boy would ever dream of, a "shit coach". C34 is pathetic

this right here is correct. He just inferred that if he had taken the GA gig that he would be a successful D1 coach like Leach. To that I call bullshit

Matt3467
11-28-2020, 10:33 PM

I'm pretty sure this years schedule would be plenty tougher than the one Dan had in '09 then you throw in covid and our team dropping like flies.

maroonmania
11-28-2020, 10:34 PM

And not just a random SEC HC, an SEC HC that has 141 P5 wins.

Tbonewannabe
11-28-2020, 10:37 PM

Didn't you say this defense was going to be Sirmon level bad?

Todd4State
11-28-2020, 10:37 PM
Here's the deal. A few weeks ago, I was convinced this offense would never work in the SEC. I still think that, but I think if he adapts, it has a chance. Leach's pass to run ratio seems to be moving heavier towards pass as his career goes on. That's not going to work. At Texas Tech, he ran the ball much more, and I think he needs to move back to that. I know he's not gonna abandon the air raid. I'm not advocating for him to. But he's got to establish a better running game than he has now. This simple draw BS isn't enough. He needs more pre-snap movement, sweeps, counters, maybe a read option. Those are easy 8 yard gains that he's giving up on in favor of check down passes. The defense isn't having to think. A thinking defense is a slow defense.

Right now, this offense will put up enough points to beat bad teams. If you have a negative play, the drive is toast. If you have to move with a sense of urgency, you're toast. If you have a 3rd or 4th and short, you're limited on what you can do because you literally have two running plays. It doesn't make sense. Leach can keep doing this and he'll win 4-5 games a year and will retire to Key West in 2 more years. Or he can adapt, add creativity and a better running game, and bump our ceiling to 7-8 wins. It's up to him.

Sounds a lot like Dan Mullen's offense most of the time he was here.

msstate7
11-28-2020, 10:38 PM
I'm pretty sure this years schedule would be plenty tougher than the one Dan had in '09 then you throw in covid and our team dropping like flies.

In 2009, we celebrated moral victories against the likes of #17 LSU. Now we beating our chest for only losing to OM by 7.

Matt3467
11-28-2020, 10:40 PM
I respect C34 and usually always enjoy reading his takes but it's clear here that he and plenty others on this board have an ax to grind with Leach. I really don't think they want him to succeed. Regardless of how our record is at the end of the year this year has been the most difficult year in the history of MSU football and it's much more difficult for us than probably any other D1 team I know of with covid, culture, opt-outs, tap outs combined. I don't always agree that moral victories are good but in this case I'm very happy with what I see. I believe that 3 years from now barring any more virus issues that we will be very good.

msstate7
11-28-2020, 10:41 PM
I respect C34 and usually always enjoy reading his takes but it's clear here that he and plenty other on this board have an ax to grind with Leach. I really don't think they want him to succeed. Regardless of how our record is at the end of the year this year has been the most difficult year in the history of MSU football and it's much more difficult for us than probably any other D1 team I know of with covid, culture, opt-outs, tap outs combined. I don't always agree that moral victories are good but in this case I'm very happy with what I see. I believe that 3 years from now barring any more virus issues that we will be very good.

Yay, we hung with OM. When did they pass us as a program?

Matt3467
11-28-2020, 10:44 PM

We can change the subject. When did we pass OM as a program? Historically speaking we haven't.

msstate7
11-28-2020, 10:47 PM
We can change the subject. When did we pass OM as a program? Historically speaking we haven't.

We've clearly been better the last few years.

Did you (or anyone here) say OM had passed us as a program preseason? No

Captain Falcon
11-28-2020, 11:02 PM

I think the seeds were sewn in the Moorhead era when we had a chance to create some real separation given their NCAA issues and didn?t do it. They were a 4-8 team last year and we beat them by one point at home. And recruiting-wise they?ve hit on some guys in key positions where we have not.

This year they returned a lot offensively and have stayed in tact, while our roster was a mismatch of parts to begin with and has had a ton of turnover and young guys being thrown into the fire.

I thought they were getting way ahead of us until the last two games. Now I feel differently, even after they beat us today.

Cowbell
11-28-2020, 11:06 PM
This is correct

Cowbell
11-28-2020, 11:11 PM

You don't pay 5 mil for a 7-8 win ceiling

Percho
11-28-2020, 11:13 PM
This is just a crap thread and the type that makes a lot of folks wish C34 would just post less. We have AT LEAST 2 more years of Leach and he has obviously lost a lot of players that didn't buy into his ways. Between that and injuries and COVID, given what he has left, I am just fine with what I'm seeing on the field. At least they are giving a good effort and I see some improvement on the offensive side. Attrition has just killed our defense. But WHAT good does a post like this do unless you are just trying to influence the fan base to NOT support the current HC. And like I said, this isn't a deal where a coaching change might be made, this is a situation where Leach has 2 more years no matter what. A post like this does nothing but create negativity in the fanbase. Now if we are still bad next year with a year to learn the system AND a spring practice and players not quitting then I could understand a post like this. But given the situation, this thread is crap.

AMEN Thanks

Todd4State
11-28-2020, 11:13 PM

Have they? It took us losing how many players for them to beat us today?

Cowbell
11-28-2020, 11:16 PM
I respect C34 and usually always enjoy reading his takes but it's clear here that he and plenty others on this board have an ax to grind with Leach. I really don't think they want him to succeed. Regardless of how our record is at the end of the year this year has been the most difficult year in the history of MSU football and it's much more difficult for us than probably any other D1 team I know of with covid, culture, opt-outs, tap outs combined. I don't always agree that moral victories are good but in this case I'm very happy with what I see. I believe that 3 years from now barring any more virus issues that we will be very good.
It's not that there's an ac to grind. But it's clear that our offense is very limited and not because of talent. That's only obvious to those that want to see it. Hopefully adaptations are part of the offseason.

Todd4State
11-28-2020, 11:17 PM
And about Dan Mullen- if the season ended today offensively we would have averaged as many points as Dan's offense did against SEC opponents in 2010 and 2011. I'm only using SEC opponents since that's all Leach has to play in year one. Since everyone felt so good about Dan's offense in 2009.

Todd4State
11-28-2020, 11:19 PM
It's not that there's an ac to grind. But it's clear that our offense is very limited and not because of talent. That's only obvious to those that want to see it. Hopefully adaptations are part of the offseason.

So- in theory our offense will be the same when Leach gets upperclass players and more players that fit his system? Correct?

This despite players running open on every play.

Todd4State
11-28-2020, 11:21 PM

So we should pay even more for coaches? The 5 million dollar thing is absolutely irrelevant and ridiculous.

We're not paying 5 million for one season. We're paying 5 million for long term overall success.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-28-2020, 11:24 PM

I'm sorry, what about last years 1 point win because of a missed extra point means we were "clearly better"? We were better the 3 years before that. But we aren't the better PROGRAM.

A team can go up and down year to year. A program includes national perception, prestige, ability to attract a good coach, recruiting, facilities, and yes, wins. We've only been better than them recently in wins. Was 2019 Auburn the better program than 2019 Bama? No, but Auburn was able to win because teams change year to year.

Well, State never really separated from OM. We were relatively up with Jackie, we were relatively down withCroom, we were relatively up till Freeze got things going, both programs skyrocketed to even heights in '13-'15, and Om fell off about 2 wins a year relative to us for a few years after that. Now JoMo created a soft culture Leach had to fix, and Luke left Kiffin no such issues and a lot of talent on O.

We're the same. '16 we beat them but the overall W-L's were the same. '17 we lost but had the better team. '18 we beat them and had the better team. Last year we essentially tied and had even teams. This year we have even teams and a fumble was the difference in the game. Nothing about our recent relative program success over them is drastic enough to make us a better PROGRAM overall to a level where OM can't ever beat us.

BeardoMSU
11-28-2020, 11:24 PM

How much were we paying Dan when he left, and how much did we offer him to stay? And what was his yearly avg in wins?

Cowbell
11-28-2020, 11:26 PM
So we should pay even more for coaches? The 5 million dollar thing is absolutely irrelevant and ridiculous.

We're not paying 5 million for one season. We're paying 5 million for long term overall success.

Todd go back read the context / he was talking down the road.

Percho
11-28-2020, 11:26 PM

At the end of last year's game with OM did you think we would beat OM this year? What about when we retained JOMO?

Did your opinion change the day we hired ML?

Did it change again?

What were your expectations this morning relative to today's game?

Cowbell
11-28-2020, 11:27 PM
How much were we paying Dan when he left, and how much did we offer him to stay? And what was his yearly avg in wins?

We aren't talking average. We are talking ceiling

Cowbell
11-28-2020, 11:29 PM
So- in theory our offense will be the same when Leach gets upperclass players and more players that fit his system? Correct?

This despite players running open on every play.

I'm taking scheme and play calling. There is not enough deception in this offense to slow down fast defenses. It will have to be adjusted to do anything memorable here. But I love our young players.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-28-2020, 11:29 PM

If anyone's wondering we matched Florida's $6M offer.

Some people are still suck in old ways. Coaching salaries have been booming for a while. Stop thinking of what a coach "deserves" to get paid or you'll always be shaking your head at how much a given coach is underperforming. The reality is the difference between a 6 win and an 8 win coach is several millions in value ot the athletic program, let alone the local economy. THAT'S why the salaries keep booming, you can't afford to not pay them

Percho
11-28-2020, 11:31 PM

It's limited because of Fr LT Fr QB Fr WR Fr RB's and because of reps at practice.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-28-2020, 11:31 PM
We aren't talking average. We are talking ceiling

Dan won 10 games once, Jackie won 10 games once, and Leach has won 11 and 10 games a his previous 2 stops.

So yeah, I'd say our ceiling under Leach is about the same as our ceiling always has been

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-28-2020, 11:32 PM
It's limited because of Fr LT Fr QB Fr WR Fr RB's and because of reps at practice.

Not to mention the culture problems. The players are way more focused now than they were

Matt3467
11-28-2020, 11:33 PM

No but it never came to mind until you mentioned it. Aside from very recent years OM is ahead of us. Even in recent years they've typically been ahead of us in talent as well. OM recruits itself well. You can argue ethics but the point still stands.

Todd4State
11-28-2020, 11:35 PM
I'm taking scheme and play calling. There is not enough deception in this offense to slow down fast defenses. It will have to be adjusted to do anything memorable here. But I love our young players.

This offense isn't about deception. And sidebar- I think that really only masks so much anyway. How many times did Ole Miss screw up today because they had three or four guys going in motion and did two or three fakes and we still typically stopped it.

Leach is about running the same play so many times that the players know them in and out so well that they become almost impossible to defend. That's why he has had success everywhere else and why year one is usually rough. It's the Bruce Lee method of one kick perfectly 1000 times vs 1000 kicks one time.

That's why those of us that understand Leach are excited about the progress right now. Now if we're still getting shut out by Kentucky then yeah- maybe worry. But that's not what's happening right now. We're starting to execute and that will only get better with time and in our case experience. Rogers next year will be light years better than he is now...and imagine where he is going to be in 2023? Same with guys like Walley, Marks, Cross, and etc.

Todd4State
11-28-2020, 11:39 PM
No but it never came to mind until you mentioned it. Aside from very recent years OM is ahead of us. Even in recent years they've typically been ahead of us in talent as well. OM recruits itself well. You can argue ethics but the point still stands.

By my count we are 16-14 against them on the field since 1991. 17-17 since 1987. For context with this discussion.

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2020, 11:43 PM
By my count we are 16-14 against them on the field since 1991. 17-17 since 1987. For context with this discussion.

This year should have an asterisk or not count

Todd4State
11-28-2020, 11:47 PM
This year should have an asterisk or not count

No different than Ole Miss wins in 2014, 15, or 17.

To me, it is what it is. Ultimately this loss goes back to Moorhead's horrible culture and Mullen's terrible recruiting four-five years ago. Part of this we did to ourselves if we're being honest. But at least I feel like we are moving forward in the right direction now.

Cowbell
11-28-2020, 11:49 PM
Dan won 10 games once, Jackie won 10 games once, and Leach has won 11 and 10 games a his previous 2 stops.

So yeah, I'd say our ceiling under Leach is about the same as our ceiling always has been

That's not what the previous poster said. Some of you guys need to learn how to comprehend and follow a discussion. He said 6-8. I'm not arguing with him or you.

Cowbell
11-28-2020, 11:55 PM
This offense isn't about deception. And sidebar- I think that really only masks so much anyway. How many times did Ole Miss screw up today because they had three or four guys going in motion and did two or three fakes and we still typically stopped it.

Leach is about running the same play so many times that the players know them in and out so well that they become almost impossible to defend. That's why he has had success everywhere else and why year one is usually rough. It's the Bruce Lee method of one kick perfectly 1000 times vs 1000 kicks one time.

That's why those of us that understand Leach are excited about the progress right now. Now if we're still getting shut out by Kentucky then yeah- maybe worry. But that's not what's happening right now. We're starting to execute and that will only get better with time and in our case experience. Rogers next year will be light years better than he is now...and imagine where he is going to be in 2023? Same with guys like Walley, Marks, Cross, and etc.
I have followed leach since his days at Kentucky, I've read his books. I love the guy -was excited about the hire. But his offensive creativity has all but stopped the last decade. He is going to have to update it some for us to reach our potential. You can understand Leach and still not agree with his scheme. All of his assistants who have went on to have more success than him have made taken his principals and added more layers to take advantage of all situations that may arise in a game.
"Those of us that understand Leach" - get out of here with that man.

shrimp
11-28-2020, 11:57 PM
Maybe you guys will be right for a change. But the fact this site exists is because I've been right more than not. I dont think the Leach experiment works out. I may be wrong- but you mf'ers know I'm right alot more than I'm wrong. Hobby Lobby

The fact that you misspelled a lot in a sentence proclaiming to be right is hilarious to me. Maybe you will figure it all out in another 22 years.

RezDog7
11-29-2020, 12:10 AM

Vandy scored 21
SC scored 42
Auburn 35
UPig 33
Bama 63
Kentucky 41
Florida 51

Put all your freshmen on offense and see what happens big shot. You're the biggest ****ing tool shed in our fan base.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2020, 12:23 AM

If there is one thing we can bank on, its coach's hot takes about our coaches.
I am happy that our 49 damn players, suited up and battled. 17 everyone else. And 17 this entire thread. I would love to see 34 line up against a spread team with less than half the talent you had to start the season with these restrictions along with random folks being out week to week.

What a stupid, shortsighted take.

Lord McBuckethead
11-29-2020, 12:25 AM
The fact that you misspelled a lot in a sentence proclaiming to be right is hilarious to me. Maybe you will figure it all out in another 22 years.

Yeah, he has basically forgot what life, college, and football is all about. Drank the cool-aid, 34 has.

Todd4State
11-29-2020, 12:28 AM
I have followed leach since his days at Kentucky, I've read his books. I love the guy -was excited about the hire. But his offensive creativity has all but stopped the last decade. He is going to have to update it some for us to reach our potential. You can understand Leach and still not agree with his scheme. All of his assistants who have went on to have more success than him have made taken his principals and added more layers to take advantage of all situations that may arise in a game.
"Those of us that understand Leach" - get out of here with that man.

Well, sorry but you clearly don't understand his philosophy.

DeltaChicagoDog
11-29-2020, 12:35 AM

What would our record be so far this year if we swapped rosters with Bama on offense? What do you suppose the ceiling would be?

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2020, 12:37 AM
What would our record be so far this year if we swapped rosters with Bama on offense? What do you suppose the ceiling would be?

I doubt he responds

MoreCowbell
11-29-2020, 01:31 AM
Big difference in being happy with outcome of the game vs being happy with the direction of the program. Big difference.

Even if you two are not the same person, I am convinced you are.

BrunswickDawg
11-29-2020, 08:08 AM

It's the cost of doing business in the SEC. You might as well bitch about the cost of bread and milk.

msstate7
11-29-2020, 08:11 AM
I doubt he responds

Why would he? Is leach gonna start bringing in #1 classes?

RezDog7
11-29-2020, 10:27 AM
Why would he? Is leach gonna start bringing in #1 classes?

Will any coach ever bring in #1 classes at MSU. If you can't see the improvements this team has made in the last two weeks, I don't know what to tell you. Some people just can't help but to bitch.

SDDawg
11-29-2020, 10:38 AM

Vandy scored 21
SC scored 42
Auburn 35
UPig 33
Bama 63
Kentucky 41
Florida 51

I agree Lee, this was terrible. Must be awful to be an OM fan today and to know that they nearly gave up the win on the final play against an MSU team this bad. I mean, this is the worst MSU team in nearly 20 years and they barely secured a win at home. Seems like a bad day for OM fans as well.

Fader21
11-29-2020, 10:38 AM

Wow I usually love reading Coach's stuff but this by far is the dumbest post I've ever seen you make. Don't blame is on a 22 year grudge. If college coaches believed you were the helluva coach that you perceived yourself as they would have offered you other jobs in that 22 years after the wife mistake.

SDDawg
11-29-2020, 10:39 AM

Right, Ole Miss has accomplished nothing. The 2014 Peach Bowl against TCU is one of their BIG HIGHLIGHTS from the last 10 years of the program. Think about that for a sec.

Tbonewannabe
11-29-2020, 11:16 AM
Wow I usually love reading Coach's stuff but this by far is the dumbest post I've ever seen you make. Don't blame is on a 22 year grudge. If college coaches believed you were the helluva coach that you perceived yourself as they would have offered you other jobs in that 22 years after the wife mistake.

Lots of coaches go from high school to college staffs. Gus Malzahn went from high school coach to Arkansas offensive coordinator for 1 year to Ark St head coach.

was21
11-29-2020, 11:19 AM
And by the time he never adapts it will be time for him to call it quits and head on down to the keys...for good..along with his 20 million dollars

Cowbell
11-29-2020, 11:29 AM

I don't understand why people keep saying this. The Dallas Cowboys could trade rosters with bama right now and be instantly better...

Cowbell
11-29-2020, 11:31 AM

I have to disagree with this. Not defending the guy because I wouldn't want my kids playing for the guy. But you have opportunities in life that you have to act on or they never present themselves again.

Cowbell
11-29-2020, 11:35 AM
I doubt he responds
Gun I'm not a coward - I try not to speak unless I have accurate information to back up or it's a rational opinion. I always respond. On the other hand, I have challenged you several times on this board when you make irrational statements and you never say anything again.

Coach34
11-29-2020, 12:04 PM

Me doing it holds alot more weight than you guys that make tacos, change oil in lawnmowers, and stock shelves at Wal-Mart saying how great he is doing.

Coach34
11-29-2020, 12:11 PM
When you look at it- here is what it comes down to:

We play against the same defense every week now. Teams play a 3 man front and just sit back and cover. They blitz once in a blue moon- but play after play its a 3 man front with some variances in coverage. That's just not a good offense for this league and it's boring as shit to watch. Next year? It will be the same shit week after week

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-29-2020, 12:11 PM
Everyone needs to pump the brakes and see how this plays out. No one has a crystal ball about how the Leach tenure will ultimately turn out, so to act like you know exactly what will happen is just silly.

Leach has won in places like Starkville. It's hard to win in both Lubbock and Pullman and the guy did it at both. So I have some hope he can do it here too.

This year should be a wash for all teams. Covid made it extremely difficult for all teams to prepare adequately, and especially hard for teams changing offensive philosophies. Also, the fans have no idea what kind of restrictions coaches were dealing with on a day to day basis.

The offense looked pretty bad in the middle of the season, and gave me a lot of doubt. But, we turned it around some in the last 2 games , and showed life despite starting a majority of freshman and having 49 scholarship players available. That gives me some hope for the future. It would have been very easy to just give up on the season and we did not do that. I credit Leach for that leadership.

So going forward, we will see. I do think Leach can be successful here, but I will base all thoughts going forward on results. All other fans should do the same.

BeardoMSU
11-29-2020, 12:12 PM
Me doing it holds alot more weight than you guys that make tacos, change oil in lawnmowers, and stock shelves at Wal-Mart saying how great he is doing.

Lolz. Yes, that's it.

tcdog70
11-29-2020, 12:16 PM

A HS coach. You give too much credit to being a HS COACH.80% of HS coaches aren?t that sharp. The elite HS coaches win any where they go because 80% of their competitors are not very good at what they do. I was a referee for almost 30 years, hell most Coaches didn?t even know the rules of football, the ones that did whipped that ass.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2020, 12:32 PM
Everyone needs to pump the breaks and see how this plays out.

Pump the break University

Do we have a choice but to let it play out?

Would destroy message boards if we didn't discuss this stuff

BayouDawg
11-29-2020, 12:41 PM

We play against the same defense every week now. Teams play a 3 man front and just sit back and cover. They blitz once in a blue moon- but play after play its a 3 man front with some variances in coverage. That's just not a good offense for this league and it's boring as shit to watch. Next year? It will be the same shit week after week

But to be fair you have to throw in the probability that our players will be more comfortable at attacking this. I dont think its fair to assume we wont be better at learning how to find the space in defenses.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-29-2020, 01:16 PM
Pump the break University

Do we have a choice but to let it play out?

Would destroy message boards if we didn't discuss this stuff

There are just 2 very clear sides in the argument.

No one knows anything going forward based on this season. Good or bad.

That's what I was getting at.

RezDog7
11-29-2020, 01:19 PM

Dude, take your L and enjoy the rain hitting that tin roof on your trailer.

Coach34
11-29-2020, 08:18 PM
A HS coach. You give too much credit to being a HS COACH.80% of HS coaches aren?t that sharp. The elite HS coaches win any where they go because 80% of their competitors are not very good at what they do. I was a referee for almost 30 years, hell most Coaches didn?t even know the rules of football, the ones that did whipped that ass.

And as a HS Coach- year after year I see referees on Friday night that are among the dumbest people I've ever met. Some that havent seen a dentist since Reagan was President. HS coaches today teach Math, Technology, Science and other relevant classes. Hell, I was on the Academic Competition Team in juco that finished 4th out of 18 teams. Leach is a lawyer. Acting like Coaches are dumb is really just being disingenuous

Coach34
11-29-2020, 08:20 PM
Dude, take your L and enjoy the rain hitting that tin roof on your trailer.

I could never live in a rolling house. I have to have a big kitchen and an area for grilling. But feel free to keep throwing your personal insults that are far off base as usual

R2Dawg
11-29-2020, 09:34 PM

Were you the founder of the 2012 "I believe tour"?

Facts are facts. When the air raid is lighting people up, we can call it that but so far what has been shown is worst O in MSU history or at least tied with WCO from Croom.

R2Dawg
11-29-2020, 09:51 PM
There are just 2 very clear sides in the argument.

No one knows anything going forward based on this season. Good or bad.

That's what I was getting at.

True but this thread started out with facts only.

Too many on the other side insists that Leach's system is working and we have turned the corner, we are competing with blue bloods now (after UGA loss) like we never have before.

I don't know how it turns out either but like Moorhead, after a certain time it became clear he was lost and didn't know how to get out. Leach looks much the same. We ain't going to run the ball on weak run Ds in 3 man front. He just proved it. He does what he does every game regardless of what a D does or not. He has 20 years to prove it too.

Yes I know but he's a winner, well one caveat - he ain't done it in the SEC. We'll see but pump the brakes on we gonna win 8 next year (Gun) and anyone else. Just an ignorant prediction based on what we have witnessed this year.

R2Dawg
11-29-2020, 09:58 PM

Even if this O where to ever work, I hate watching it. It is boring as all get out. I've had to watch some ole Jackie ball film while stuck at house this Thanksgiving to get the yuck out of my MSU system.

R2Dawg
11-29-2020, 10:00 PM

We have been better overall than OM for 11 years now. Might could argue longer than that but the Croom years probably evens us up.

Todd4State
11-29-2020, 11:40 PM
We have been better overall than OM for 11 years now. Might could argue longer than that but the Croom years probably evens us up.

Croom did OK against Ole Miss- 2-3. Jackie/Croom had a three year losing streak to them between 2002-2004. Dan offset that from 2009-2011. We have a winning record against Ole Miss since 1991 and are even with them going back to 1987 even with Felker only winning once against them.

Dawgology
11-30-2020, 12:17 AM
I’ll stick to my prediction. We will be lucky to average 6 wins a year while he is here.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2020, 12:23 AM
I’ll stick to my prediction. We will be lucky to average 6 wins a year while he is here.

Want to wager that we win at least 6?

msu15
11-30-2020, 12:46 AM

You got the stones to put money on it?

HailStateSZN19
11-30-2020, 12:57 AM
Even if this O where to ever work, I hate watching it. It is boring as all get out. I've had to watch some ole Jackie ball film while stuck at house this Thanksgiving to get the yuck out of my MSU system.

So don’t watch it lol. Take Leach’s advice and find another team to cheer for and watch.

But don’t try & jump back on board and act like you knew it’d get going and be fun when he gets the offense overhauled and gets more weapons here and the offense really starts clicking.

Todd4State
11-30-2020, 01:39 AM
So don’t watch it lol. Take Leach’s advice and find another team to cheer for and watch.

But don’t try & jump back on board and act like you knew it’d get going and be fun when he gets the offense overhauled and gets more weapons here and the offense really starts clicking.

I don't understand fans like him. They're basically saying that they like a certain scheme more than they like MSU. If we had hired Jeff Monken I wouldn't have been real happy about running the triple option but I wouldn't have run him and his offense down like a few of our fans seem intent to do.

DeltaChicagoDog
11-30-2020, 01:52 AM
I don't understand why people keep saying this. The Dallas Cowboys could trade rosters with bama right now and be instantly better...

I bolded the line in your previous post that I was curious about - the part about talent and coaching/system and success.

If talent, whether that means rating out of HS and/or player maturation/development within the system, does not factor into how successful we are on the field, as you implied, then theoretically our record would be no different no matter who took the field for MSU under CML - our current roster, Bama's, or the '85 Bears.

ETA: given the above quote, we don't disagree. Maybe I'm just not understanding the point you were making about talent in a previous post. Wouldn't be the first time my reading comprehension was lacking.

FISHDAWG
11-30-2020, 10:17 AM

We aren?t where we need to be yet, and we definitely left opportunities out there today that would?ve allowed us to win the game. But we were dead in the water three weeks ago and have shown some pretty clear growth offensively.

yep ... and that progress has basically been because of only ONE position change - we have seen improvement since Will took over at QB so imagine the potential improvement when we add a few more stud recvrs and the OL & Defensive secondary get this much needed experience behind them .... I'm one of the skeptical guys but I also have the capacity for objective reasoning and I'm seeing life coming back to a team that seemed dead - I don't care who the opponent is or was .... NEVER forget that we scored no offensive points against Kentucky ... Or that our defense scored more than our offense against Arky ..... look around objectively and see the future potential

tcdog70
11-30-2020, 12:20 PM

most of the whinners are the same people that wanted to fire Cohen after his first couple of years.. Cohen had won every where he had Coached and Most of Us knew he would win here given a chance--same thing with Leach--he is proven not like JOMO. Give him some time.

Hot Rock
11-30-2020, 12:42 PM

Vandy scored 21
SC scored 42
Auburn 35
UPig 33
Bama 63
Kentucky 41
Florida 51

Dude, 45 scholarship players.. so many freshmen starting and two weeks in a row showing progress. I just think you got a hard on for this offense because you could never coach it in a way to make it work. Leach can.. and hen he gets everyone trained up and completed roster and they winning games at a rate you would never believe will you shut up then? probably not, you will never admit you are wrong about anything.

If I am wrong and he never gets it done, at least I am supporting the guy long enough to give him a real chance.