PDA

View Full Version : Is Malzahn gone if we beat him?

msu15
11-28-2020, 06:00 PM
NT

Saltydog
11-28-2020, 06:32 PM
He may be gone regardless.

Cooterpoot
11-28-2020, 06:36 PM
His buyout is huge. Going to be hard to get rid of him but he should be gone no matter what.

Dawgology
11-28-2020, 06:39 PM
We won’t win another game this year. We won’t play a worse defense than what we are playing tonight.

Coach34
11-28-2020, 06:46 PM
Auburn has a huge decision to make. They return alot and will be very good next year. This was a rebuilding year with almost wholesale new players in the trenches. Do you stick with Malzahn and win 9-10 games next year or do you take a chance on Hugh Freeze?

TUSK
11-28-2020, 06:54 PM
His buyout is huge. Going to be hard to get rid of him but he should be gone no matter what.

It's about to drop (I read Dec. 1st) from $21M to $15M...

He's prolly gonna get beaten by A&M, and if he loses to y'all, too, he's in baaaaaad trouble...

Remember, he got "suspect" wins vs UK, Arkie, and OM.... He should be 2-6ish....

I may have mislead y'all.... I think the buyout drops TO $21M, not FROM... sorry...

regardless, they got it...

Tbonewannabe
11-28-2020, 06:58 PM

He's prolly gonna get beaten by A&M, and if he loses to y'all, too, he's in baaaaaad trouble...

Remember, he got "suspect" wins vs UK, Arkie, and OM.... He should be 2-6ish....

He didn't beat Ark except by the refs.

Liverpooldawg
11-28-2020, 07:35 PM
Just announced, we don't play next week at all.

Saltydog
11-28-2020, 07:37 PM
Yella Wood has deep pockets......

Commercecomet24
11-28-2020, 07:48 PM
I think Gus is gone and auburn gets freeze. That don't care that freeze is cheat and charlatan

Saltydog
11-28-2020, 07:53 PM
He's the perfect fit. A dirty sob of a coach for one of the dirtiest programs in the NCAA not named Ole Miss.

TUSK
11-28-2020, 07:54 PM
I edited my earlier post for accuracy (I think)... sorry, guys....

Commercecomet24
11-28-2020, 07:56 PM
He's the perfect fit. A dirty sob of a coach for one of the dirtiest programs in the NCAA not named Ole Miss.

Yep those 2 programs are peas in a pod. Both as dirty as can be.

R2Dawg
11-28-2020, 07:57 PM
He may be gone regardless.

It has gotten smaller every year. May be close now but he is safe our game.

coachnorm
11-28-2020, 09:03 PM
Auburn has a huge decision to make. They return alot and will be very good next year. This was a rebuilding year with almost wholesale new players in the trenches. Do you stick with Malzahn and win 9-10 games next year or do you take a chance on Hugh Freeze?

I really can not get an understanding on what difference there is between the two coaches. Does one have a better scheme? Does one have better game composure? Does one have better connections for assistant coaches? Can either recruit better than the blue bloods? Maybe someone can school me up on this issue.

Lord McBuckethead
11-28-2020, 09:24 PM
Yella Wood has deep pockets......

Yella wood has been making bank for the past 9 months too.

DownwardDawg
11-28-2020, 09:41 PM
I think Gus is gone and auburn gets freeze. That don't care that freeze is cheat and charlatan

I'll be shocked if anything other than this happens.

msstate7
11-28-2020, 09:42 PM
Auburn needs to go get freeze

coachnorm
11-28-2020, 10:34 PM
Auburn needs to go get freeze

Auburn needs to study Arizona State with Herm Edwards. He brought in great coaching talent and has established himself quickly in Los Angeles. He is going to be impactful soon. I personally believe that Hue Jackson is a future impactful college coach even though he was not a successful NFL coach.

Todd4State
11-29-2020, 01:03 AM

I may have mislead y'all.... I think the buyout drops TO $21M, not FROM... sorry...

regardless, they got it...

That's a LOT of money considering what Freeze would also cost. I'm guessing around 30 million all told. Not to mention I'm sure they lost money this year and took a hit because of the pandemic.

Todd4State
11-29-2020, 01:09 AM
Auburn needs to study Arizona State with Herm Edwards. He brought in great coaching talent and has established himself quickly in Los Angeles. He is going to be impactful soon. I personally believe that Hue Jackson is a future impactful college coach even though he was not a successful NFL coach.

It kind of makes me wonder why Auburn has never tried to do what Alabama did and go for a coach with NFL ties like Saban? Since Saban has been there it was Tuberville and then Chizik (LOL), and now Mahlzahn. Bill O'Brien would make a lot of sense to me if he went there. Successful at Penn State in very dire circumstances and has ties to Georgia. Coached under Bellichick. And you may be right about Hue Jackson too. He may be more of a fit in the PAC 12 though because that's where he coached college ball.