PDA

View Full Version : Let me go ahead and say it first

Duckdog
11-28-2020, 02:49 PM
The gal kicking for Vandy was some lame ass gimmick shit. Manufactured history, sooo brave. GTFO!

chef dixon
11-28-2020, 03:05 PM
Why does it bother you so much?

Quaoarsking
11-28-2020, 03:12 PM
I don't have any inside info, but I'm betting they planned to use someone else for kickoffs and just use her for FG/XP, but when it became likely that those wouldn't be happening today, they improvised something for her since she got all the pregame attention.

BeardoMSU
11-28-2020, 03:24 PM
Prayers sent**

vv83
11-28-2020, 03:28 PM
The gal kicking for Vandy was some lame ass gimmick shit. Manufactured history, sooo brave. GTFO!

wow you must have such a massive dong, only a real man could start this thread

Jack Lambert
11-28-2020, 03:31 PM
What happen to the real kicker?

RocketDawg
11-28-2020, 03:53 PM
What happen to the real kicker?

Out with Covid I believe.

Duckdog
11-28-2020, 03:53 PM
Soo brave

Hambone
11-28-2020, 03:55 PM
Good thing you probably keep your wife in the kitchen where she belongs.... *

BeardoMSU
11-28-2020, 04:02 PM
Soo brave

So is this thread, lol.

R2Dawg
11-28-2020, 04:25 PM
Such a lame PR stunt. Girls have no business on a football field with grown men. This isn't being gender biased or discriminatory to women either. Men and women are not the same for those intellectually challenged.

vv83
11-28-2020, 04:41 PM
Such a lame PR stunt. Girls have no business on a football field with grown men. This isn't being gender biased or discriminatory to women either. Men and women are not the same for those intellectually challenged.

How was it a PR stunt?

Quaoarsking
11-28-2020, 04:53 PM

If there's ever a female student who can help any of our men's teams win, we sure as hell better sign her up, no matter whose feelings it hurts.

Imagine if Vanderbilt had lost 13-12 with two missed extra points because they refused to let a female kicker who could've made them join the team becuase "girls have no business on a football field."

Joebob
11-28-2020, 05:51 PM
I say good for her. I don't know if it was a PR stunt or not, I can see where Vandy's football program might be tempted to do that. But if she was the next best kicker they had, why the heck not.

Tbonewannabe
11-28-2020, 06:03 PM
I don't have a problem with it but it was a PR stunt. Did they hold an open tryout for any interested kickers? There weren't any former Juco or high school kickers interested?

DEDawg
11-28-2020, 07:39 PM
I don't have a problem with it but it was a PR stunt. Did they hold an open tryout for any interested kickers? There weren't any former Juco or high school kickers interested?

You can?t just clear a former juco or HS kicker to play in an NCAA game in 3 days

SailingDawg
11-28-2020, 07:40 PM

Choose my snarky response:

I bet you're fun at parties!

You're not in marketing, are you?

Statecoachingblows**
11-28-2020, 07:43 PM
That "stunt" female has more national championships than any Vandy football player has or will have at any point in the foreseeable future.

Duckdog
11-28-2020, 07:45 PM
Yeah in womens soccer. If any of yall think this was some kind of sports chamging event you are a ****ing idiot

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-28-2020, 07:48 PM

She's 6'2" and not a beanpole lol, I GUARANTEE you she has 20 lbs on that Rodrigo Blankenship kid from UGA, yet nobody said he should get cut.

Vandy lost their kicker. the best kicker that tried out was Sarah Fuller, so they played her. End of story. the sexism is in thinking they should have picked someone based on gender, rather than the quality of their kicking

R2Dawg
11-28-2020, 07:50 PM
My point is even kickers have to be prepared to make a tackle or make a football play in case in breaks down. So here he comes on a muffed kick, 4.4, 220lbs and she is in the way. What happens? Answer geniuses?

So you geniuses really think a female belongs on the field with those male athletes? Yall need your heads examined.

The PR stunt is just that trying to push a political narrative that a female can do anything a male can do. Part of the feminist movement. I am not biased. There are many things a woman can do that a man can't, it works both ways. You think there isn't a male kicker out there as good as she is?

Her championships were not in football.

Use your brain folks.

chef dixon
11-28-2020, 07:50 PM

They said on the broadcast there were no students on campus. It was literally just the football team and the girls soccer team who was only still there because they just played in the SEC tournament.

R2Dawg
11-28-2020, 07:52 PM
You can?t just clear a former juco or HS kicker to play in an NCAA game in 3 days

But you can a girl that isn't on the team?

I don't know the backstory but I bet there are some players on that team that kicked in HS. I'll bet. This was a PR stunt, plain and simple. SEC got their headline story in a year of Covid football.

R2Dawg
11-28-2020, 07:54 PM
She's 6'2" and not a beanpole lol, I GUARANTEE you she has 20 lbs on that Rodrigo Blankenship kid from UGA, yet nobody said he should get cut.

Vandy lost their kicker. the best kicker that tried out was Sarah Fuller, so they played her. End of story. the sexism is in thinking they should have picked someone based on gender, rather than the quality of their kicking

So you think men and women are exactly the same? If you do, I can't help you. Men play men sports, women pay women sports. That is the way it is. That isn't sexism.

R2Dawg
11-28-2020, 07:56 PM

It ain't about weight. I know some overweight women that would get destroyed by a 150lb man. Do you understand the differences in men and women?

Matt3467
11-28-2020, 07:56 PM
What happens if she kicked it off for real or if she kicked a field goal then got trucked by a 250+ib guy? Are people going to be harsh on that man for making the tackle?

Besides look at her kick. You're telling me no one on that team can do better than that?

Todd4State
11-28-2020, 07:57 PM
If a girl could help us I would want her on the team.

Matt3467
11-28-2020, 07:58 PM

Absolutely not. Men and women do not belong on the same field together in a sport this rough. That's a very slippery slope you're condoning.

Quaoarsking
11-28-2020, 08:00 PM
My point is even kickers have to be prepared to make a tackle or make a football play in case in breaks down. So here he comes on a muffed kick, 4.4, 220lbs and she is in the way. What happens? Answer geniuses?

So you geniuses really think a female belongs on the field with those male athletes? Yall need your heads examined.

The PR stunt is just that trying to push a political narrative that a female can do anything a male can do. Part of the feminist movement. I am not biased. There are many things a woman can do that a man can't, it works both ways. You think there isn't a male kicker out there as good as she is?

Her championships were not in football.

Use your brain folks.

So if Vanderbilt had lost 13-12 on two missed extra points and it came out that there was an available Vanderbilt student who could have made those XPs, but Mason didn't add her on the team because she's a girl, you would think Mason had made the right decision?

R2Dawg
11-28-2020, 08:01 PM
What happens if she kicked it off for real or if she kicked a field goal then got trucked by a 250+ib guy? Are people going to be harsh on that man for making the tackle?

Besides look at her kick. You're telling me no one on that team can do better than that?

No one will answer that. I asked the same question. The reason is it blows their entire cover for this narrative. They don't want to acknowledge a girl getting trucked, knocked out, hurt, humiliated on the field where she don't belong.

Matt3467
11-28-2020, 08:02 PM
So if Vanderbilt had lost 13-12 on two missed extra points and it came out that there was an available Vanderbilt student who could have made those XPs, but Mason didn't add her on the team because she's a girl, you would think Mason had made the right decision?

Flip it around what happens if she gets seriously injured by a grown man? How do you think that'd look?

R2Dawg
11-28-2020, 08:02 PM

Yep but not for your reasons but reasons I gave.

You haven't answered my question? No one has or will.

Quaoarsking
11-28-2020, 08:03 PM
Flip it around what happens if she gets seriously injured by a grown man? How do you think that'd look?

She left the field as soon as she kicked. She wasn't going to be in position for that.

R2Dawg
11-28-2020, 08:04 PM

So what if your momma could kick. You be OK with her being on the field and maybe getting trucked?

Quaoarsking
11-28-2020, 08:04 PM
Yep but not for your reasons but reasons I gave.

You haven't answered my question? No one has or will.

Which question? I'll answer it.

R2Dawg
11-28-2020, 08:06 PM
The other piece of this is the team and locker room issue.

Same as women serving on the front lines in the military and the draft. So yall OK with that? You want your sister or daughter fighting in the middle east against Arab men in front line combat? I don't care if she is a good shooter. Got the fox hole issues too like the lockerroom.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-28-2020, 08:07 PM
So you think men and women are exactly the same? If you do, I can't help you. Men play men sports, women pay women sports. That is the way it is. That isn't sexism.

Did I ever say men and women were the same? You're not very bright if you think that's what I said

It's because men and women arent' the same that we have separate divisions. Women would get destroyed if men were allowed to play vs them. It's why this transgender issue is so stupid and not fir to women. HOWEVER, the reason we keep womens sports separate is to protect them from men. Men's teams don't need to be protected from women.

Men shouldn't be allowed to play on a women's team but women should be allowed to play on a mens team because very very few women can do that.

The fact is kickers rarely have to make tackles, they are rarely athletically comparable to a 6'3" LB, and even then are rarely even in shape. Most kickers have arms that look like mine. On top of that, many kickers are physically small.

Why would I worry about a 6'2" female taking the field for 2-5 low risk plays when I don't worry about the men described above doing the same game in game out for years? Sarah Fuller knows the risks, she's an adult, and she's objectively not in any more of a physical risk of getting steamrolled than many male D1 kickers

R2Dawg
Which question? I'll answer it.

Several in many of the replies about a woman having to execute like a man against a man. Not even, not fair and downright wrong. Several forms of it.

Matt3467
She left the field as soon as she kicked. She wasn't going to be in position for that.

Even if she left the field immediately after a kickoff that leaves them outnumbered. It doesn't make sense either way for a woman to be out there.

R2Dawg
11-28-2020, 08:09 PM
Did I ever say men and women were the same? You're not very bright if you think that's what I said

It's because men and women arent' the same that we have separate divisions. Women would get destroyed if men were allowed to play vs them. It's why this transgender issue is so stupid and not fir to women. HOWEVER, the reason we keep womens sports separate is to protect them from men. Men's teams don't need to be protected from women.

Men shouldn't be allowed to play on a women's team but women should be allowed to play on a mens team because very very few women can do that.

The fact is kickers rarely have to make tackles, they are rarely athletically comparable to a 6'3" LB, and even then are rarely even in shape. Most kickers have arms that look like mine. On top of that, many kickers are physically small.

Why would I worry about a 6'2" female taking the field for 2-5 low risk plays when I don't worry about the men described above doing the same? Sarah Fuller knows the risks, she's an adult, and she's objectively not in any more of a physical risk of getting steamrolled than many male D1 kickers

There are so many other parts of this yall are not seeing and never will. I am done.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-28-2020, 08:11 PM
Even if she left the field immediately after a kickoff that leaves them outnumbered. It doesn't make sense either way for a woman to be out there.

lol so you know what's best for them than the coaches?

Mason had 3 options: 1) Have her kick and stay on the field to help tackle. 2) have her kick and leave the field to protect herself. 3) have someone else kick and stay on the field.

They had tryouts, he felt 2) was his best bet. You're a fool to say he should have gone with 3) when you have no clue how the other kickers looked, you simply have no info to say Mason and his ST coach were wrong

Quaoarsking
11-28-2020, 08:11 PM
Several in many of the replies about a woman having to execute like a man against a man. Not even, not fair and downright wrong. Several forms of it.

She volunteered for it, she wasn't forced. And if she gives Vanderbilt the best chance to win, even by leaving the field after the kick, it's foolish not to use her.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-28-2020, 08:12 PM
There are so many other parts of this yall are not seeing and never will. I am done.

"Yeah I could totally destroy you right now in like, a million ways, but I don't feel like it right now" sure thing bud

Quaoarsking
11-28-2020, 08:12 PM

Same as women serving on the front lines in the military and the draft. So yall OK with that? You want your sister or daughter fighting in the middle east against Arab men in front line combat? I don't care if she is a good shooter. Got the fox hole issues too like the lockerroom.

Of course. Women in combat was settled years ago. If my daughter wants to be on the front lines and has the correct skillset and experience that makes her the best for the job, she should not be denied the opportunity on account of her gender.

Liverpooldawg
11-28-2020, 08:19 PM
Well they haven't won a game, and won't. What do they have loose? I thought it was cool.

Matt3467
11-28-2020, 08:32 PM
lol so you know what's best for them than the coaches?

Mason had 3 options: 1) Have her kick and stay on the field to help tackle. 2) have her kick and leave the field to protect herself. 3) have someone else kick and stay on the field.

They had tryouts, he felt 2) was his best bet. You're a fool to say he should have gone with 3) when you have no clue how the other kickers looked, you simply have no info to say Mason and his ST coach were wrong

Lol did you see the kick? Mason felt he needed to find someway to stay relevant apparently. When she gets hit by a 250+ib linebacker named Darnell people may change their minds. You're probably one of those people that think it's okay for men and women to be in each others restrooms too.

Joebob
11-28-2020, 08:33 PM

Man, you sound like me 30 years ago. Come on, stop digging that hole.

Statecoachingblows**
11-28-2020, 08:46 PM
Of course. Women in combat was settled years ago. If my daughter wants to be on the front lines and has the correct skillset and experience that makes her the best for the job, she should not be denied the opportunity on account of her gender.

Yessir

BeardoMSU
11-28-2020, 08:55 PM
I thought it was cool.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/KyGFI9p94VNpBRnOhT/giphy.gif

Lord McBuckethead
11-28-2020, 09:28 PM

How is it manufactured? They had only 1 attempt to kick the ball, and she trotted out there and kicked it. College football is fun yo.

Todd4State
11-29-2020, 04:01 AM
Absolutely not. Men and women do not belong on the same field together in a sport this rough. That's a very slippery slope you're condoning.

Not really. The caveat is the person HAS TO be able to handle to handle the sport physically. That's an expectation. That's not really any different than anyone else. If a guy can't handle it physically they're not going to be out there either.

Cooterpoot
11-29-2020, 06:54 AM
But can she make a sandwich?

MSUMatt
11-29-2020, 09:21 AM
Has she been on the team all year? I?m not sure of the answer. If the answer is no, then it was a gimmick or pr stunt. Got not problem with her kicking or playing at all. Proud she got her a little pooch kick in. Was wanting to see her attempt a field goal.

I never saw a range on her. Did they ever say what her longest attempt in practice has been

Mjoelner34
11-29-2020, 10:07 AM
The best part about this is that this is right in the wheelhouse of what the shitheads up north would do for PR including a 'cute' slogan with bumper stickers and tee shirts and a pre-made 30 for 30 but Vandy stole their thunder.

Cooterpoot
11-29-2020, 10:27 AM
I really don't see the big deal. Girls have kicked in college ball before. This was just a P5 thing.

SDDawg
11-29-2020, 10:45 AM
Why does it bother you so much?

There are some very "small" men online this weekend posting about the Vandy kicker. Pretty sad group.

Duckdog
11-29-2020, 03:02 PM
Well I guess the PR stunt coach mason pulled yesterday couldnt even save his ass or maybe it got him fired

Dannyripms
11-30-2020, 03:03 AM
He's saying it was a PR stunt just for the fact that she only been on team for 3 days. If she was the legit kicker than good for her and them. But it was only meant for PR. I bet you guys think its ok for a trans man to beat the hell out of women in MMA too, or have grown ass men running track against the women because they feel like a woman. Ridiculous. The party of science believes in 23 dozen different genders.

Matt3467
11-30-2020, 08:56 AM
He's saying it was a PR stunt just for the fact that she only been on team for 3 days. If she was the legit kicker than good for her and them. But it was only meant for PR. I bet you guys think its ok for a trans man to beat the hell out of women in MMA too, or have grown ass men running track against the women because they feel like a woman. Ridiculous. The party of science believes in 23 dozen different genders.

Yea don't think there's an area where PC culture hasn't infected.

Duckdog
11-30-2020, 03:11 PM
So now she gave a halftime speech and is also named co-sec special teams player of the week. Hahahaha you just cant make this shit up