PDA

View Full Version : Some Decent Games Today

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2020, 10:14 AM
Why in the world did the SEC pass on having games on Thanksgiving and Black Friday?

Makes no sense.

Either way, here are the games I'm watching today:

11:00 AM - Iowa State @ Texas on ABC

Noon - Nebraska at Iowa on Fox

2:30 - Notre Dame @ UNC on ABC

7:00 - Oregon @ Oregon State on ESPN.

The Egg Bowl would've gotten astronomical ratings last night or tonight. Pretty big scheduling miss by the SEC

yjnkdawg
11-27-2020, 11:27 AM
Why in the world did the SEC pass on having games on Thanksgiving and Black Friday?

Makes no sense.

The Egg Bowl would've gotten astronomical ratings last night or tonight. Pretty big scheduling miss by the SEC

Probably because of the SEC's Covid testing procedures. Yep, the Egg Bowl on Thanksgiving night and the Iron Bowl today would have probably been played if not for Covid. Covid has effected and changed a lot of people's lives. I have learned during all this, that there are some things in life a lot more important than what a sports' team does or doesn't do.

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2020, 11:28 AM
Probably because of the SEC's Covid testing procedures. Yep, the Egg Bowl on Thanksgiving night and the Iron Bowl today would have probably been played if not for Covid. Covid has effected and changed a lot of people's lives. I have learned during all this, that there are some things in life a lot more important than what a sports' team does or doesn't do.

The Big 10, Pac 12, and ACC figured it out.

msstate7
11-27-2020, 12:00 PM
aTm has to be really pulling for UNC today. I don't think ND can beat Clemson again, so if the following happens, aTm can be a playoff team...

ND drop a game before and lose acc championship

Alabama beat Florida in sec championship

aTm win out

None are that unlikely

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2020, 12:09 PM
aTm has to be really pulling for UNC today. I don't think ND can beat Clemson again, so if the following happens, aTm can be a playoff team...

ND drop a game before and lose acc championship

Alabama beat Florida in sec championship

aTm win out

None are that unlikely

Good points.

DawgNsuds
11-27-2020, 01:04 PM
Yet we have so many fans complain when the Eggbowl is played on Thanksgiving.(not aimed at you, I don't know your opinion on it), but your post makes a valid case for why the administrations from the two schools accept the Thanksgiving slot, its just a prime opportunity.

Makes no sense.

msstate7
11-27-2020, 01:05 PM
Yet we have so many fans complain when the Eggbowl is played on Thanksgiving.(not aimed at you, I don't know your opinion on it), but your post makes a valid case for why the administrations from the two schools accept the Thanksgiving slot, its just a prime opportunity.

The slot isn't as good now with the nfl playing there too.

maroonmania
11-27-2020, 01:14 PM
Not sure how many of you have paid attention to Malik Willis at Liberty, but I'm sure glad he didn't stay at Auburn. He is the exact jdual threat type QB that Malzahn has had tremendous success with. He is WAY better than Bo Nix ever thought about being. Gus should be kicking himself for letting that guy leave.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-27-2020, 01:19 PM

So COVID takes the weekend off after Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday? Do the fans in the stands in Austin right now know they are safer tomorrow?

DawgNsuds
11-27-2020, 01:47 PM
The slot isn't as good now with the nfl playing there too.

I'm in my late 50's and the NFL has played Thanksgiving day for as long as I can remember

msstate7
11-27-2020, 02:17 PM
I'm in my late 50's and the NFL has played Thanksgiving day for as long as I can remember

Lions at lunch. Cowboys in afternoon. The night spot for nfl is new, and the egg bowl is a night spot.

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2020, 02:48 PM
Here's a good question: What SEC teams would Sam Ehlinger start for?

Alabama - No

UGA - with Daniels No

Florida - No

Kentucky - Yes

Vandy - Yes

Tennessee - Yes

LSU - Yes

Auburn - No

MSU - Not in Leach's offense. Would've started for Moorhead. Not accurate enough for Leach

Ole Miss - No

Arkansas - Maybe

A&M - Maybe

South Carolina - Yes

Mizzou - Yes

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2020, 03:22 PM
Texas gonna fire Herman at some point?

Sheehs. I didn't realize they had the 17th best roster in the country. He can't recruit either

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2020, 04:02 PM
FWIW, I think Will Rogers could be very similar to Ian Book from a talent standpoint, by the time he's a 3rd year player. Similar skill sets, size, & athleticism

yjnkdawg
11-27-2020, 07:41 PM
So COVID takes the weekend off after Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday? Do the fans in the stands in Austin right now know they are safer tomorrow?

I don't know what Covid does. I'm pretty sure the SEC Office, after they made the decision to go ahead and play the 10 game SEC schedule. announced that all the SEC games would be played on Saturdays only.

PGHBulldogBG
11-27-2020, 07:47 PM
Matt Campbell is a fantastic coach. If a blue blood gets to him look out bama and clemson

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2020, 08:49 PM
Matt Campbell is a fantastic coach. If a blue blood gets to him look out bama and clemson

But that's what is sad about college football. He shouldn't have to go to a blue blood. He should be able to build at Iowa State