So far, looks like anti trump versus trump

Of course every thing ends up being that regardless

was21
11-26-2020, 07:17 PM
it's already ended up like that...regardless

bulldawg28
11-26-2020, 08:04 PM
So far, looks like anti trump versus trump

No...People would rather play with Kiffin. He's more relatable. If it's Trump vs ant Trump Leach would win in a landslide. The only people that care about the egg bowl are primarily southerners. Southerners voted for Trump. Anyways, politics has nothing to do with peoples choice regarding this selection.

TUSK
11-26-2020, 08:22 PM
LOL... this is more like Woodrow Wilson vs LBJ....

:rolleyes:

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2020, 08:55 PM
No...People would rather play with Kiffin. He's more relatable. If it's Trump vs ant Trump Leach would win in a landslide. The only people that care about the egg bowl are primarily southerners. Southerners voted for Trump. Anyways, politics has nothing to do with peoples choice regarding this selection.

I get the feeling that our 52 ish scholarship players left really like playing for Leach.

PGHBulldogBG
11-26-2020, 09:00 PM
Unfortunately for either Mississippi school, they hired a name to get them on the news instead of good coaches. In the past 20 years, Ole Miss hired 1 good football coach and so did MSU. For MSU we hired a coach that constantly wanted to leave the 9 years he was here, for Ole Miss, they hired one of their own but was a cheater and a fraud. So this is where we are today

Todd4State
11-26-2020, 09:06 PM

What's their recruiting ranking again?

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2020, 09:32 PM
Unfortunately for either Mississippi school, they hired a name to get them on the news instead of good coaches.

Are you saying that Leach nor Kiffin are good coaches?

PGHBulldogBG
11-26-2020, 09:50 PM
I?m not saying they aren?t good coaches, but I think they are both over hyped for what they are. Both are B- hires. Kiffin was fired from USC because he was getting beat by teams with insufficient talent. Leach has won 1 divisional title and I believe it was shared in many years of coaching. Ole Miss hiring Kiffin and not Tom Allen is a blessing for us

Percho
11-26-2020, 10:25 PM
Methinks we should always see ourselves with the best still ahead of us, otherwise heaven means naught.

Todd4State
11-26-2020, 10:26 PM
I?m not saying they aren?t good coaches, but I think they are both over hyped for what they are. Both are B- hires. Kiffin was fired from USC because he was getting beat by teams with insufficient talent. Leach has won 1 divisional title and I believe it was shared in many years of coaching. Ole Miss hiring Kiffin and not Tom Allen is a blessing for us

Well, I'm not sure who we could have hired who was better. I wish we were Alabama and could just throw money at Dabo like Alabama threw money at Saban until he said no.

Our options were Leach, Joe Judge, and Napier.

And then as far as rumored interest Sark, Jeff Monken, Troy Calhoun, Todd Grantham, and Gene Chizik.

So that's what we're looking at on paper.

Napier is the best fit for what you typically think of MSU football- he didn't want to be here.

Cohen tried to hire Judge. The Giants swooped in and no one is going to blame him for that. Thing about that is who knows how he would be as a coach anyway? He basically has about the same resume' as Croom and would have brought back some people with ties to Croom when he was here.

Then you have Leach.

We're basically in the same market as South Carolina and Kentucky when it comes to coaches.

PGHBulldogBG
11-26-2020, 10:29 PM
Well, I'm not sure who we could have hired who was better. I wish we were Alabama and could just throw money at Dabo like Alabama threw money at Saban until he said no.

And then as far as rumored interest Sark, Jeff Monken, Troy Calhoun, Todd Grantham, and Gene Chizik.

Napier is the best fit for what you typically think of MSU football- he didn't want to be here.

Cohen tried to hire Judge. The Giants swooped in and no one is going to blame him for that. Thing about that is who knows how he would be as a coach anyway? He basically has about the same resume' as Croom and would have brought back some people with ties to Croom when he was here.

Then you have Leach.

We're basically in the same market as South Carolina and Kentucky when it comes to coaches.

While I agree the choices last year were bad, and I wouldn?t want Napier he is winning with Huds players, it goes back to Cohens poor choice of Moorhead over Neal Brown

ShotgunDawg
11-26-2020, 10:44 PM

Then you have Leach.

And Tennessee, A&M, Auburn, etc.

Hell UGA hired Kirby, Clemson hired Dabo, and Ohio St hired their OC.

Todd4State
11-27-2020, 12:41 AM
While I agree the choices last year were bad, and I wouldn?t want Napier he is winning with Huds players, it goes back to Cohens poor choice of Moorhead over Neal Brown

I agree. Napier was just the flavor of the month our boosters latched on to.

I'm kind wondering if he will even get the South Carolina job that he wanted so bad- it sounds like Beamer has the momentum there for now.

Todd4State
11-27-2020, 12:42 AM
And Tennessee, A&M, Auburn, etc.

Hell UGA hired Kirby, Clemson hired Dabo, and Ohio St hired their OC.

Exactly.

bulldawg28
11-27-2020, 02:28 AM
I get the feeling that our 52 ish scholarship players left really like playing for Leach.

Lol..52? That's almost 40% that don't. Try again.

bulldawg28
11-27-2020, 02:38 AM
What's their recruiting ranking again?

Recruiting rankings? Damn dude you're reaching hard. They only have 14 commitments and they're individually ranked higher than Leach's class. Kiffin has taken a less talented team and competed at a way higher level than Leach.

TUSK
11-27-2020, 03:35 AM
It takes a lot of dumb ass to not get a thread locked for Poli reasons...

Reminds me why I don't vote....

Carry on.....

was21
11-27-2020, 11:30 AM
Did State consider Beamer?

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2020, 11:51 AM
Did State consider Beamer?

I don't think so & I don't think we should have

msbulldog
11-27-2020, 01:04 PM
Recruiting rankings? Damn dude you're reaching hard. They only have 14 commitments and they're individually ranked higher than Leach's class. Kiffin has taken a less talented team and competed at a way higher level than Leach.

They only have 1 more win than us and much better skill players on offence.

bulldawg28
11-27-2020, 01:55 PM
They only have 1 more win than us and much better skill players on offence.

Before the start of the season no one was saying this. We had the PAC 12 league leading Qb. We had the SEC's leading rusher and solid WR'S. Our offensive line was considered a strength with starters returning and plenty of depth. Injuries have not been an issue. However, coaching has been a problem.

was21
11-27-2020, 03:05 PM
why not

Turfdawg67
11-27-2020, 05:18 PM
Before the start of the season no one was saying this. We had the PAC 12 league leading Qb. We had the SEC's leading rusher and solid WR'S. Our offensive line was considered a strength with starters returning and plenty of depth. Injuries have not been an issue. However, coaching has been a problem.

You're right, our RB and OL should've been better. The end. Their QBs and WRs have been and are better than ours. Anything other than that and your Leach dislike is blinding your thinking.

Turfdawg67
11-27-2020, 10:04 PM
This is not the right thread... but re-watching the UGA game, it's encouraging that when Kirby switches to a "traditional" D right before the half, we exploited it and scored a TD in less than 2 minutes.

Lord McBuckethead
11-28-2020, 11:22 AM

Disagree. When you remove the tribalism, people vote for who they actually align with more, and apparently that is Kiffin.