Just thought I'd go ahead and get this out of the way

https://media.tenor.com/images/961044341e3bf6d800670e0514f3ce0d/tenor.gif

Correct!

Fader21
11-25-2020, 09:24 PM
Coach was quick to jump in on this thread

BayouDawg
11-25-2020, 09:32 PM
Sadly stans didnt leave us much of a choice by letting the culture decay so much. Really fond memories of stans though.

Liverpooldawg
11-25-2020, 09:56 PM
We still haven't got back to where we were as a total program so you are actually correct.

BayouDawg
11-25-2020, 09:58 PM
We still haven't got back to where we were as a total program so you are actually correct.

We havent gotten to the level of players fighting in the stands on national tv. So technically you are correct.

Captain Falcon
11-25-2020, 10:06 PM
The end of Stansbury?s tenure was a total mess, don?t let what?s happened since make you forget that. The program was dying a slow, painful death Stans?s last two years.

Rick Ray was the worst hire we possibly could have made and an incredibly unqualified candidate. The Howland hire made sense at the time but we now see his best coaching days are probably behind him.

I get that we are a young team, but struggling to break 40 points is a Rick Ray problem and starting Year 6 of Howland like this sends a horrible message to the fan base.

tcdog70
11-25-2020, 10:22 PM
No shit SHERLOCK. Stans won tonight..just saying

tcdog70
11-25-2020, 10:25 PM
We havent gotten to the level of players fighting in the stands on national tv. So technically you are correct.

Dude —one time -that happened. WTF—Stans kicked the guy who started the fight off the team. And the team voted to keep Sidney. Hell, we won 2o games that year.

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2020, 10:47 PM
LOL. And we're off....

PGHBulldogBG
11-25-2020, 11:01 PM
This thread is the definition of beating a dead horse lol. Shotgun if you start this thread once weekly people will still start the debate

Quaoarsking
11-25-2020, 11:30 PM

He's hasn't gotten to to early Stansbury level, but he's surpassed late Stansbury for sure.

https://i.imgur.com/jR2KkiM.png

SPMT
11-25-2020, 11:31 PM
True

ShotgunDawg
11-25-2020, 11:35 PM
No no no guys, this was a joke. I didn't actually mean for you to discuss it

CaptainObvious
11-25-2020, 11:44 PM

Frankly, a fight amongst State players on the bench tonight would have showed more excitement than that offensive explosion.****

PGHBulldogBG
11-25-2020, 11:45 PM
He's hasn't gotten to to early Stansbury level, but he's surpassed late Stansbury for sure.

Wow @ Rick Ray year 1. I?m surprised we won 3 SEC games that year.

Todd4State
11-25-2020, 11:47 PM
No no no guys, this was a joke. I didn't actually mean for you to discuss it

You're the one that opened up this portal to MSU MB hell.**

BayouDawg
11-25-2020, 11:55 PM
Dude —one time -that happened. WTF—Stans kicked the guy who started the fight off the team. And the team voted to keep Sidney. Hell, we won 2o games that year.

Generally when something like that happens the coach does not last long after. And stans was gone a year later. I loved stans but that doesnt change the fact he lost control of the program.

Liverpooldawg
11-25-2020, 11:55 PM

We got rid of the cause of that, and it wasn't Sidney, no matter what your opinion of him. That was why I never paid much attention to the hue and cry about that, Sidney being a lazy fat dude was a totally separate deal.

BayouDawg
11-25-2020, 11:57 PM
We got rid of the cause of that, and it wasn't Sidney, no matter what your opinion of him. That was why I never paid much attention to the hue and cry about that, Sidney being a lazy fat dude was a totally separate deal.

I loved stans but it doesnt change the fact that he lost control of the program.
It is what it is.

Todd4State
11-26-2020, 12:00 AM
I loved stans but it doesnt change the fact that he lost control of the program.
It is what it is.

Some MSU fans have a hard time letting go. Doesn't mean Stansbury wasn't bad. It just means that like most people it was time for him to move on.

If you're a coach at MSU and you win the SEC you're probably going to be set for life in the eyes of some of our fans and that's not a good thing because the reality is coaches in sports have a shelf life and then it's time to move on. Same with any coach at any level basically.

BayouDawg
11-26-2020, 12:01 AM
Some MSU fans have a hard time letting go. Doesn't mean Stansbury wasn't bad. It just means that like most people it was time for him to move on.

If you're a coach at MSU and you win the SEC you're probably going to be set for life in the eyes of some of our fans and that's not a good thing because the reality is coaches in sports have a shelf life and then it's time to move on. Same with any coach at any level basically.

Very true

jmac
11-26-2020, 07:50 AM
No shit SHERLOCK. Stans won tonight..just saying

Western KY scored 90+ points plus shot 87% from the foul line (27 of 31)!

99jc
11-26-2020, 09:58 AM
This thread is a joke just like Howland and this Moorhead Shitshow he is running. i could get pickup game players and compete better than this team!

tcdog70
11-26-2020, 10:11 AM

Might be easier to move on if our program hasn’t been shitty to average since we booted Him. Say what you want but if we had left Rick alone we would have been to many post seasons and would have continued to wax that Rebel ass.

Percho
11-26-2020, 10:20 AM

1948–1975 UCLA ----- John Wooden

I wonder just when he should have moved on?

Quaoarsking
11-26-2020, 11:32 AM
Might be easier to move on if our program hasn’t been shitty to average since we booted Him. Say what you want but if we had left Rick alone we would have been to many post seasons and would have continued to wax that Rebel ass.

Except probably not. The trajectory of the late Stansbury years in no way supports that the last 5 years would have been as good as Howland's 5. Although to be fair, we would probably have been much better in Ray's 3 years.

Coach34
11-26-2020, 11:35 AM
Stands is 0-4 at making the NCAA Tourney at Western Kentucky. He misses it again this season and he may be available for hire.

Cooterpoot
11-26-2020, 12:10 PM
MSU doesn't give two shits about basketball. Howland isn't good (glad everyone else is finally getting on board with that), but our program is dead by our own doing. Other than hiring Ray, we hired a guy to get us back on the map, but he's done all he can do. He's got little left in the tank. The Hump should be imploded. It's a terrible venue and facility. It's a eyesore on campus. We keep patchworking it to death. We forced out the students with the awful seating arrangements. Basketball is well behind football and baseball in importance to MSU. We're getting what we put into it.

bobcat91
11-26-2020, 12:19 PM
Howland has nothing left, but he has made us decent after the death penalty imposed by hiring Rick Ray. That is the single worst hire in MSU history. Having said that, the truth of the matter is no one wants this job. Its a dead end and coaching searches showed how little interest there was after Stansbury.

BeardoMSU
11-26-2020, 12:38 PM
Jesus.

Firing Stans didn't destroy our program. Hiring Rick Ray did that job.

If anything, we waited too long to get rid of Stans. I wish we would've encouraged him to take that Clemson job when he was courted.

BeardoMSU
11-26-2020, 12:40 PM
MSU doesn't give two shits about basketball. Howland isn't good (glad everyone else is finally getting on board with that), but our program is dead by our own doing. Other than hiring Ray, we hired a guy to get us back on the map, but he's done all he can do. He's got little left in the tank. The Hump should be imploded. It's a terrible venue and facility. It's a eyesore on campus. We keep patchworking it to death. We forced out the students with the awful seating arrangements. Basketball is well behind football and baseball in importance to MSU. We're getting what we put into it.

Dose of reality^^^

Leeshouldveflanked
11-26-2020, 12:51 PM
Frankly, a fight amongst State players on the bench tonight would have showed more excitement than that offensive explosion.****

They would all swing and miss, but Ado would pick up 3 fouls.

Coach34
11-26-2020, 01:54 PM
Howland has nothing left, but he has made us decent after the death penalty imposed by hiring Rick Ray. That is the single worst hire in MSU history. Having said that, the truth of the matter is no one wants this job. Its a dead end and coaching searches showed how little interest there was after Stansbury.

We've only had 1 coaching search and that was when we were labeled "the most dysfunctional program in the country". Howland was delivered to us on a silver platter and was done before we pulled the trigger on Ray

Coach34
11-26-2020, 01:57 PM
Stands hasnt coached an NCAA Tourney game as a HC since 2009

Cowbell
11-26-2020, 09:28 PM

This is very accurate. College basketball in itself is going down the drain imo. Poor quality product due to overrated selfish players, the aau system, and kids more worried about getting to the league early.

DownwardDawg
11-26-2020, 09:50 PM
You guys still watch MSU men's basketball?????! Lol

Todd4State
11-27-2020, 12:45 AM

I think the bottom was going to fall out anyway and then it would have been like Jackie's last three years.

Common theme here- MSU replacing a coach with a shitty one. Curious to see how Stricklin handles a major hire at Florida.

Todd4State
11-27-2020, 12:46 AM
1948–1975 UCLA ----- John Wooden

I wonder just when he should have moved on?

Yeah- that's the exception.

Liverpooldawg
11-27-2020, 02:29 AM

Stans was on our staff for basically everything we have ever done in basketball other than with Babe. Stansbury was absolutely not "bad". Good grief you stated that like it was absolutely true. It is anything but true. How many coaches at MSU have won a major (football, men's basketball, and baseball) at MSU? In my lifetime it's Babe (barely), Stans, and three baseball guys. Excuse me if I think it's a big deal. Your statement is absolutely asinine.

Liverpooldawg
11-27-2020, 02:35 AM
Jesus.

Firing Stans didn't destroy our program. Hiring Rick Ray did that job.

If anything, we waited too long to get rid of Stans. I wish we would've encouraged him to take that Clemson job when he was courted.

The reason we had to hire a Rick Ray was we fired Stans like we did. That is the unvarnished truth. I don't have much inside info at MSU but I absolutely did back then. It was a screw up that haunts us to this day in multiple sports. It is on Allyn McKeen levels.

Cooterpoot
11-27-2020, 03:27 AM
The reason we had to hire a Rick Ray was we fired Stans like we did. That is the unvarnished truth. I don't have much inside info at MSU but I absolutely did back then. It was a screw up that haunts us to this day in multiple sports. It is on Allyn McKeen levels.

Well, you're wrong but carry on. Stans got his ass in some things. He was warned and given every chance in the world to correct it. Then he lost control of the program. Stans is still one of the least respected coaches in the country. He's likely done at WKY soon too.

BeardoMSU
11-27-2020, 12:54 PM

"Like we did"? How so?

We fired/asked him to step down at the end of several tumultuous underachieving seasons with various embarrassments along the way. He was let go at the end of the season, too, not in the middle, 3 games in, or any other time that would've put us behind the 8-ball in terms of conducting a legitimate coaching search to find his replacement. The problem was we hired Rick Ray.

Also, all the players (all contributors, too) that Ray had to kick off the team when he arrived just shows how rotten to the core we were at the end of Stans' tenure.

PGHBulldogBG
11-27-2020, 01:32 PM

No, we could?ve hired Kermit instead of Ray. That is on strickland

Quaoarsking
11-27-2020, 02:06 PM
Stands is 0-4 at making the NCAA Tourney at Western Kentucky. He misses it again this season and he may be available for hire.

I don't think a program like Western Kentucky is going to fire a guy for this record. It's not his fault CUSA is a 1-bid league these days.

2016-17 Western Kentucky 15-17 9-9 7th
2017-18 Western Kentucky 27-11 14-4 3rd NIT Semifinal
2018-19 Western Kentucky 20-14 11-7 2nd
2019-20 Western Kentucky 20-10 13-5 2nd Pandemic

Coach34
11-27-2020, 04:00 PM
I don't think a program like Western Kentucky is going to fire a guy for this record. It's not his fault CUSA is a 1-bid league these days.

2016-17 Western Kentucky 15-17 9-9 7th
2017-18 Western Kentucky 27-11 14-4 3rd NIT Semifinal
2018-19 Western Kentucky 20-14 11-7 2nd
2019-20 Western Kentucky 20-10 13-5 2nd Pandemic

They fired the coach before Stands when he was 90-63 as HC and had 2 NCAA's in 5 seasons. WK expects to make the NCAA's

BeardoMSU
11-27-2020, 04:46 PM
They fired the coach before Stands when he was 90-63 as HC and had 2 NCAA's in 5 seasons. WK expects to make the NCAA's

Was about to ask what their recent history was, so thanks.

Ari Gold
11-27-2020, 04:47 PM

A coach nearing his 20th season as The HC and has never made the sweet 16...
That is some elite company...

Coach34
11-27-2020, 04:57 PM
Was about to ask what their recent history was, so thanks.

98-03- Dennis Felton had them in the NCAA's 3 times then left for a bigger job
04-08- Darrin Horn- NCAA Sweet 16 and left for a bigger job
09-12- Ken Macdonald had 1 NCAA berth in 4 years and was pushed out with 67-48 record
12-16- Ray Harper had 2 NCAA's in 5 years- pushed out at 90-63 for going 18-16 his last season
17- Present- Stands with no NCAA appearances. If Stands misses the NCAA Tourney this year- he will be their 1st coach of the modern era not to make the NCAA's within 5 years of coaching there

Ari Gold
11-27-2020, 05:51 PM
Until the majority of our fans can move past the 14 years of mediocrity that was the Stan’s years , It doesn’t matter who the head coach is here..

This isn’t a highly sought after job, and it never has been.... I’m still shocked we convinced a multi final four coach to come here from all the way cross country and start a total rebuild
Where not only does he have to bring talent to a program that has NEVER put kids in the league but he has to convince them to play in front of half empty arena.. and don’t give me the the “ win and we will show up” bullshit.. last years team finishes 4th in the league and we were never even close to a full house for any game

If most of you want CBH gone, then thats fine .. just be careful what you wish for..
A program with zero history .. won’t attract many top or hot guys
A coach “ who of we did fire” with the pedigree of CBH wont be easy to sell to the next guy for his job stability
The out dated Hump
Zero fan support
And most of all look who will be doing the hiring

Acid mouth
11-27-2020, 05:58 PM
What Stansbury accomplished during his time on our coaching staff becomes more amazing as the years go by. Some of you have come to that realization over the years while others just aren't capable of grasping that concept. Kinda like leading a horse to water. We just aren't a men's basketball school. It's apparent that it is not a priority. Carry on

BeardoMSU
11-27-2020, 06:28 PM
Until the majority of our fans can move past the 14 years of mediocrity that was the Stan’s years , It doesn’t matter who the head coach is here..

This isn’t a highly sought after job, and it never has been.... I’m still shocked we convinced a multi final four coach to come here from all the way cross country and start a total rebuild
Where not only does he have to bring talent to a program that has NEVER put kids in the league but he has to convince them to play in front of half empty arena.. and don’t give me the the “ win and we will show up” bullshit.. last years team finishes 4th in the league and we were never even close to a full house for any game

If most of you want CBH gone, then thats fine .. just be careful what you wish for..
A program with zero history .. won’t attract many top or hot guys
A coach “ who of we did fire” with the pedigree of CBH wont be easy to sell to the next guy for his job stability
The out dated Hump
Zero fan support
And most of all look who will be doing the hiring

Ouch.

BeardoMSU
11-27-2020, 06:33 PM
True to form, WKY blew a 10 point second half lead, lol. I'm sure he was twirling his right index finger in the air the whole time, though.**

CaptainObvious
11-27-2020, 07:05 PM
Who cares! It is men?s basketball. Our program is historically in the bottom 1/3 of a historically Top Heavy League.

Probably the only so-called major sport in the SEC where the Baseball program carries it financially.