PDA

View Full Version : Baseball

Homedawg
11-24-2020, 07:50 PM
4 players have chosen to leave and won't be back next spring. Just not going to play this spring and wanted an opportunity to, can't blame them.
Puckett
Berry
Watkins
Eagan
There could be more that I'm not aware of... but these are what I've heard...

HoopsDawg
11-24-2020, 08:28 PM
4 players have chosen to leave and won't be back next spring. Just not going to play this spring and wanted an opportunity to, can't blame them.
Puckett
Berry
Watkins
Eagan

Seems logical. I wish them all well. Puckett and Berry in particular need as many live AB's as possible.

Cowbell
11-24-2020, 08:42 PM
Puckett
Berry
Watkins
Eagan

Thanks for the update

Coach34
11-24-2020, 08:43 PM
We should be f'ing good in beisball this season

ShotgunDawg
11-24-2020, 08:44 PM
We should be f'ing good in beisball this season

Gonna have to find enough offense

Homedawg
11-24-2020, 09:12 PM

I think Tanner and James have both stepped it up. But yes that's the weakness

MsStateBaseball
11-24-2020, 09:17 PM
Thanks.

Homedawg
11-24-2020, 09:24 PM
I think Tanner and James have both stepped it up. But yes that's the weakness

Meaning Logan Tanner. Tanner Allen is gonna be Tanner allen

MsStateBaseball
11-24-2020, 09:35 PM
When we go against a stud LHP and bullpen LHP, that?s the problem as of today.

I?m hoping Cumbest will hit good against lefty?s. Since I didn?t see fall ball, I don?t know if any new LH hitters can hit LHP consistently.

This is where small ball will come in handy and our stacked pitching staff. Going to be some close games next spring.

KOdawg1
11-24-2020, 09:59 PM
When we go against a stud LHP and bullpen LHP, that?s the problem as of today.

I?m hoping Cumbest will hit good against lefty?s. Since I didn?t see fall ball, I don?t know if any new LH hitters can hit LHP consistently.

This is where small ball will come in handy and our stacked pitching staff. Going to be some close games next spring.

I don't see Cumbest excelling at football or baseball as long as he does both. He's a developmental guy in both sports, and it's kinda hard to develop when you're splitting practices. I think he has a brighter future in baseball.

Todd4State
11-25-2020, 02:33 AM
Eagan leaving is the only one that sort of surprises me. I guess he wants to go somewhere to be a starting pitcher if I had to guess.

The others...not so much.

It's getting to the point where if you are not a three year draftable prospect you're probably not going to get to play a lot at MSU. Unless you are a super role guy like subamarine/sidearm/arm angle guy or you defy the odds like Elijah MacNamee.

Todd4State
11-25-2020, 02:36 AM

Gautreau is going to have to earn his paycheck this year.

The problem I see is most of our power guys are younger- Logan Tanner and Kamren James. We're going to need the veterans that are more hit for average guys to string hits together and it would be nice if someone busted out.