PDA

View Full Version : Witnessed the best HS game I have ever seen tonight AND ITS STILL GOING!

curmudgeon
11-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Germantown at Ridgeland. First ever meeting between county rivals.

G-town has to win to clinch a playoff spot. Jumps out to a 10-0 lead in the first quarter. Ridgeland scores to cut it to 10-7, but G-town answers to make it 17-7.

Right before halftime, Ridgeland fakes a punt on 4th and 5 deep in their own territory and converts. Turns it into a last second score before the half. 17-14 Germantown at halftime.

Germantown extends the lead to 24-14 at the end of the 3rd quarter, Ridgeland answers with a big run, 24-21 on the first series of the fourth. Germantown scores to seemingly put the game away 31-21 wit 5:00 to go, but Ridgeland scores twice in 56 seconds, but misses the second extra point. 34-31 with 1:48 to go.

Germantown gets the ball, and drills a 56 yard field goal to tie it. Would have been good from 60+. 34-34 headed to overtime.

msstate7
11-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Germantown hs can kick a 56-yard fg and we can't kick a 40+ yarder

curmudgeon
11-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Kicker is a junior. He will be playing Division I football in my opinion. Hopefully we don't let the kid do what the guy from Brandon did a few years back - go to a Sun Belt school and be a two time Lou Groza finalist.

OT: Ridgeland scored on first play. Sacked G-town QB on 1st down, a couple of incomplete passes later its 4th and goal from the 22 and Ridgeland intercepts in end zone. 41-34 final. Great game. Ridgeland goes to Clarksdale, Germantown is sacrificed to Oxford in the first round.

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2013, 10:49 PM
Kicker is a junior. He will be playing Division I football in my opinion. Hopefully we don't let the kid do what the guy from Brandon did a few years back - go to a Sun Belt school and be a two time Lou Groza finalist.

OT: Ridgeland scored on first play. Sacked G-town QB on 1st down, a couple of incomplete passes later its 4th and goal from the 22 and Ridgeland intercepts in end zone. 41-34 final. Great game. Ridgeland goes to Clarksdale, Germantown is sacrificed to Oxford in the first round.

Problem is, don't we have a kicker commitment right now? Cooke?

With Bell only being a Junior and Cooke coming in, how many kickers can you afford to have on scholarship?

CadaverDawg
11-08-2013, 10:56 PM
How did Germantown give up 2 TD's with less than 5:00 to play?

I thought Chris was coaching DL at Georgia

Todd4State
11-08-2013, 11:04 PM

With Bell only being a Junior and Cooke coming in, how many kickers can you afford to have on scholarship?

If he can play, we need to get him.

Homedawg
11-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Germantown hs can kick a 56-yard fg and we can't kick a 40+ yarder

Off a tee and wider goal posts. Not saying he can't kick but bell made long ones in hs too. The tee is huge.

Homedawg
11-08-2013, 11:10 PM

Based on our current fg percentage either not enough or way too many. Depends on how one looks at things. !

Homedawg
11-08-2013, 11:10 PM
How did Germantown give up 2 TD's with less than 5:00 to play?

I thought Chris was coaching DL at Georgia

Classic!!!!

LeakyD
11-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Bell only a sophomore.

curmudgeon
11-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Ridgeland scored then had a very quick 3 and out followed by a two play drive.

To make matters worse, the weird "not gonna happen" scenario happened and Germantown missed the playoffs witha 7-4 record. Vicksburg got in.