PDA

View Full Version : Anybody remember this Egg Bowl TD?

Indndawg
11-23-2020, 03:58 PM
https://fb.watch/1XSZdbUo4C/

Maroonthirteen
11-23-2020, 06:54 PM
I remember winning that game but not the play. Thanks for the link!

It was a semi unexpected win. I can't recall how well OM did that year but we didn't have a great year. Started off with the loss to Memphis. Memphis had a decent team that year. Tying AState at home. Tying Arkansas in Little Rock. Todd Jordan got hurt v AR and we had Bama the next week. Taite got suspended for the Bama game. So, the polish rifle story was conceived. However, Jordan hobbled around in Tuscaloosa enough to get us through the game. THen he was much better v OM. As seen in the video. It was a good way for Jordan to finish up a long career.

Edit to add: I believe I do remember OMs 93 year. They were in ncaa hot water. I believe this was Billy Brewers last game.

RocketDawg
11-23-2020, 07:10 PM
The video that popped up after the Eric Moulds fleaflicker catch was pretty impressive too - AN225 landing in Anchorage.

Todd4State
11-24-2020, 02:49 AM
That's my personal favorite random MSU football play of all time! Everything about it is beautiful. From the trickery to the fact the QB's name was Todd to the fact that Eric Moulds burned them and was almost as wide open as CJ Sirmones. And then the fact that it was against Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl which we won. BEAUTIFUL!

Todd4State
11-24-2020, 02:51 AM
I remember winning that game but not the play. Thanks for the link!

It was a semi unexpected win. I can't recall how well OM did that year but we didn't have a great year. Started off with the loss to Memphis. Memphis had a decent team that year. Tying AState at home. Tying Arkansas in Little Rock. Todd Jordan got hurt v AR and we had Bama the next week. Taite got suspended for the Bama game. So, the polish rifle story was conceived. However, Jordan hobbled around in Tuscaloosa enough to get us through the game. THen he was much better v OM. As seen in the video. It was a good way for Jordan to finish up a long career.

Edit to add: I believe I do remember OMs 93 year. They were in ncaa hot water. I believe this was Billy Brewers last game.

Everything you just typed is correct. Also- with the Polish Rifle story Greg Plump and Rodney Hudson also got into trouble as well as Taite which is why they were also out.