Hopefully our safeties learn to turn their hips by then

Homedawg
11-22-2020, 11:18 PM
Way too high

Sounds about right to me

Cooterpoot
11-23-2020, 12:36 AM
Hopefully our safeties learn to turn their hips by then

Hopefully we don't call a zero coverage blitz on 3rd and 20. I wouldn't touch that line.

Santiago
11-23-2020, 07:40 AM
I will do the math during time off Thursday/Friday, but does anyone know off hand the total players from MS on MSU team, compared to that of TSUN?
There is that pride also which I hope helps us recover from the GA game and ready for this one.

Jarius
11-23-2020, 08:36 AM
We will know in the first 10 minutes of the game whether or not it’s going to be worth watching. This one would be a good one to Watch for a few minutes and then Live bet.

Jack Lambert
11-23-2020, 08:59 AM
I predicting their QB is will confused over our defense and and have a repeat of the Arkansas game. Our defense is going to have numerous turnovers.

Jarius
11-23-2020, 09:03 AM
I predicting their QB is will confused over our defense and and have a repeat of the Arkansas game. Our defense is going to have numerous turnovers.

I think he will light us up. Our safeties are horrible without Murphy and Peters. We are going to have to outscore them IMO.

Santiago
11-23-2020, 10:07 AM

Agree, the key is can our line, and blitzing rattle him. Also, Corrall tends to get over hyped in games when there are big crowds, etc. This year helped him since limited fans to affect him. So our team if fired up, and getting to him will get in his head.

StarkVegasSteve
11-23-2020, 10:14 AM
Agree, the key is can our line, and blitzing rattle him. Also, Corrall tends to get over hyped in games when there are big crowds, etc. This year helped him since limited fans to affect him. So our team if fired up, and getting to him will get in his head.

I have a feeling Arnett is going to throw zone blitzes at him and try to get him to force throws to Moore and Yeboah. Errol and Brule are going to have to be on their game because they're probably going to have to cover Yeboah some of the ballgame.

Cooterpoot
11-23-2020, 10:24 AM
Only shot we've got is ball control and defensive/special teams scores. We can't score with them unless we control it like we did vs GA and eat up the clock.
I know their defense sucks, but they can score.

HoopsDawg
11-23-2020, 10:31 AM
The way to beat Ole Miss is to run the ball. We can't run it. We will lose.

FISHDAWG
11-23-2020, 10:37 AM
I think Elijah Moore is going to feel the need for redemption and I don't think there is anyway we can cover him or counter his production ... this game will be about priming this young team for the next several years

HailStateSZN19
11-23-2020, 10:49 AM
Teams with more secondary talent that we have, especially now, have keyed in on Moore every single week. He’s still been the best WR in the SEC this year. He’s gonna get his and he’ll feast on our secondary, he just will. You just can’t let someone like Mingo or Sanders or Yeboah to have a field day along with him. And keep Ealy/Snoop bottled up.

Idk what to expect score wise or W/L wise but I think it’s going to be an entertaining game. I don’t think either team will run away from the other. I think it’ll go within 10 points of either team.

HancockCountyDog
11-23-2020, 10:54 AM

I actually disagree - They aren't athletic on defense, they will try the 3-8, but I don't see it being successful and they will be forced to blitz and I think we can burn them.

Johnson85
11-23-2020, 10:57 AM
IF we're really playing this week, Ole Miss and giving up the points seems like the easy play. Maybe we're figuring things out, but even if we are, it will at best be a close game.

The under looks tempting. If the UGA game wasn't a fluke and we are starting to figure things out, we might slow this game down a lot.

HoopsDawg
11-23-2020, 11:10 AM
I actually disagree - They aren't athletic on defense, they will try the 3-8, but I don't see it being successful and they will be forced to blitz and I think we can burn them.

Well, they are 117th in the country in rushing defense. But they are also 110th in the passing defense. So they are terrilbe at both.

They will sit back in the 3-8 and try to force checkdowns and mistakes. Our margin for error will be very thing b/c they are going to score at will.

confucius say
11-23-2020, 11:11 AM

It was a little better this past week. Minus sacks, we ran 11 times for 38 yards.
Not great, but not horrible. 3.5 yards a carry vs Uga could easily translate to 4.5 vs Mississippi.

HancockCountyDog
11-23-2020, 11:13 AM
Well, they are 117th in the country in rushing defense. But they are also 110th in the passing defense. So they are terrilbe at both.

They will sit back in the 3-8 and try to force checkdowns and mistakes. Our margin for error will be very thing b/c they are going to score at will.

I really don't agree with you here. I think our defense can cause a few stops - not many but enough.

If we can continue to hit the check downs and not turn it over, their DL will not be able to put pressure on us. Its a really great setup for us to be successful. The GA game should give everyone on our offense a lot of confidence to move the ball. I don't think they will be able to make the swing passes and check downs be 3-4 yard gains. I think they will end up being 5-6 yard gains and that will work all the way down the field.

I also expect us to burn clock. Our DL will cause them problems.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this is a good matchup for us.

Coach34
11-23-2020, 01:06 PM
Mississippi’s offense is better than Georgia’s. We will have to keep burning clock and shortening game. Mississippi is going to score 30-plus

defiantdog
11-23-2020, 01:13 PM
Mississippi’s offense is better than Georgia’s. We will have to keep burning clock and shortening game. Mississippi is going to score 30-plus

It should be a fun game to watch..... But we won't be able to keep up. Our D will get gassed and our O isn't good enough to score 40+.

Jarius
11-23-2020, 01:15 PM
We need to control the ball and play keep away like we did with UGA. It will frustrate them and make them impatient when they do get the ball.

parabrave
11-23-2020, 01:54 PM

Yep.

confucius say
11-23-2020, 02:05 PM
Mississippi's tempo will be the biggest difference from uga. Playing 20 scholly guys on defense against a tempo offense is a safety issue. Not smart.

Jarius
11-23-2020, 02:55 PM
Mississippi's tempo will be the biggest difference from uga. Playing 20 scholly guys on defense against a tempo offense is a safety issue. Not smart.

Which is why we really need the game to be moved to 12/19.

confucius say
11-23-2020, 03:01 PM
Which is why we really need the game to be moved to 12/19.

Any reason we are not doing so? We are under 53 so we can right?

Johnson85
11-23-2020, 03:50 PM
Any reason we are not doing so? We are under 53 so we can right?

Ole Miss has already had two games cancelled. If this one cancels, that more or less ensures one of their games won't be made up, which means the SEC will get less tv money.

I'm mostly for playing and getting money and treating this year as a chance for practice, but I don't really want to play an uptempo offense with a severely depleted defense because Ole Miss has already lost two games.

confucius say
11-23-2020, 04:05 PM
Ole Miss has already had two games cancelled. If this one cancels, that more or less ensures one of their games won't be made up, which means the SEC will get less tv money.

I'm mostly for playing and getting money and treating this year as a chance for practice, but I don't really want to play an uptempo offense with a severely depleted defense because Ole Miss has already lost two games.

Just one game cancelled right? Vs Aggie?

Johnson85
11-23-2020, 04:17 PM
Just one game cancelled right? Vs Aggie?

I had it in my head that their off week Nov. 7th was a cancelled game, but I guess it was just an off week. So I really don't get the need to push so hard to play if we can both make it up Dec. 19th.

BuckyIsAB****
11-23-2020, 04:37 PM

And their defense is the worst we will see all year long. I would rather be in our shoes than them. We can get a pick or two off of corral. Biggest concern to me against them is deep ball obviously and their tempo

confucius say
11-23-2020, 05:31 PM
And their defense is the worst we will see all year long. I would rather be in our shoes than them. We can get a pick or two off of corral. Biggest concern to me against them is deep ball obviously and their tempo

Yep on tempo. Which is why we should push it to 12-19

Coach34
11-23-2020, 05:50 PM

With 2 weeks to get ready for us- their D will play decently

Jarius
11-23-2020, 05:51 PM
The line has dropped to 8.5

gravedigger
11-23-2020, 06:01 PM
Ole Miss is a 12 point favorite.

Gun to my head I take ole miss and lay the points. I'd bet the over as well.

I would have lost vs Georgia though. Had no idea we'd be disciplined enough to sustain drives or they'd be bull headed enough to keep trying to run the ball. So totally wrong on both counts in that game.

Ole Miss's tempo game will ruin us. With our without healthy personnel. We dont have the running game to control the clock. The combination is a disaster for us.

THat said, I hope we play. Never back down from defending the egg. Never.

BuckyIsAB****
11-23-2020, 06:12 PM
With 2 weeks to get ready for us- their D will play decently

2 weeks ain?t gonna make a difference for as bad as they are and as bad as our safeties are

BuckyIsAB****
11-23-2020, 06:13 PM
Would you rather be the team with the improving offense and decent defense or the team with a good offense and worst defense in school history

Coach34
11-23-2020, 06:30 PM
2 weeks ain?t gonna make a difference for as bad as they are and as bad as our safeties are

yeah yeah. Wyatt- your son is awesome and their D dont stand a chance. I hear ya. The Cowboy is going to be a good QB. No doubt. I may be wrong- I just dont think we can score like they can. It doesnt take a very good D to slow us down offensively. I know everybody is giddy after Saturday, but I'm gonna have to see more evidence

R2Dawg
11-23-2020, 06:39 PM
yeah yeah. Wyatt- your son is awesome and their D dont stand a chance. I hear ya. The Cowboy is going to be a good QB. No doubt. I may be wrong- I just dont think we can score like they can. It doesnt take a very good D to slow us down offensively. I know everybody is giddy after Saturday, but I'm gonna have to see more evidence

Same here 34. Their D will give us problems, watch and see. They will be jumping every short route we have. I got to see more on O as well. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. LSU now UGA for only a half too. I ain't falling for it twice in one year. If we look better another game or two then maybe we are actually getting better.

parabrave
11-23-2020, 06:45 PM
The line has dropped to 8.5

Hmm betting the house. Look did we see what a guy starting his 1st game did to our DBs. I know we are missing players but it is what it is. Kiffen for sure saw it and Moore is going to look like Jerry Rice out there and Corrall is going to light us up. The only hope we have is to blitz the shit out of OM. You hit Corrall a few times and he gets happy feet. And our 5 yard pass routes are not going to keep up with OM. The only thing that will is some 50 yd runs up the middle, well we know that isn't going to happen.

BuckyIsAB****
11-23-2020, 06:48 PM

I am not Wyatt. Pretty lame of you to keep spouting that on here tbh.

We all know you believe you know it all but you don?t know me

confucius say
11-23-2020, 09:24 PM
I thought Rogers came from an OM family? Maybe I'm wrong but I thought I remembered hearing that

Coach34
11-23-2020, 09:25 PM
I am not Wyatt. Pretty lame of you to keep spouting that on here tbh.

We all know you believe you know it all but you don?t know me

I would be 100% shocked if you arent Wyatt. The only other person you could be is Jake Wimberly. And I dont think you are him either. Tell Pickens I said hello

confucius say
11-23-2020, 09:28 PM
I would be 100% shocked if you arent Wyatt. The only other person you could be is Jake Wimberly. And I dont think you are him either. Tell Pickens I said hello

Damn sure ain't Jake. No offense to Jake, but Bucky knows way more x and o than Jake.

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2020, 11:35 AM

Def will not be the first time you have made an ass of yourself around here

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2020, 11:37 AM
I was here when Will was still wearing OM gear. You can fact check that if you wish detective 34

bulldawg28
11-24-2020, 04:38 PM

Lol....He loves Will and all Brandon players.

Lord McBuckethead
11-24-2020, 04:52 PM
I would have placed them at 18 pts, personally.

HancockCountyDog
11-24-2020, 05:23 PM
This is starting to feel like 2016 to me. We have the better defense. We will get stops - i don't think they will.

I can't imagine giving us 8.5 points, let alone 12.0.

NCDawg
11-25-2020, 06:25 PM
This is starting to feel like 2016 to me. We have the better defense. We will get stops - i don't think they will.

I can't imagine giving us 8.5 points, let alone 12.0.

I don't know. The Ole Miss QB is a good passer and they have pretty good receivers. Our DB's aren't the greatest and it doesn't appear we're too good at blitzing. I'm afraid we will give him too much time to pass, and that could spell a lot of trouble.

parabrave
11-25-2020, 07:06 PM
At 9.5 and 67.5.

R2Dawg
11-25-2020, 07:13 PM

Our D could certainly flip this game to us. Not sure about our O. On paper, we should be able to score some points but I've seen us play teams last in rushing D UK few years ago and can get 2 yards a rush. OM at home and motivated (lost 2 in a row). Been a long time since a team won 3 in a row I think.

Wouldn't touch this game with 10ft pole betting wise.

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2020, 08:56 PM
Lol....He loves Will and all Brandon players.

If they were not any good nobody would support them. They are both starting maybe there is something to the Brandon kids and you just like to argue.

bulldawg28
11-26-2020, 04:15 PM
If they were not any good nobody would support them. They are both starting maybe there is something to the Brandon kids and you just like to argue.

I'm not knocking Brandon they have good talent that comes through the school. However, you go overboard with these two. They're not on Jerious Norwood's level.

Jarius
11-26-2020, 05:29 PM
Looks like Malik Heath was practicing today. That’s a good sign.

bulldawg28
11-26-2020, 05:39 PM

Is Wadley Malik's backup? If so the roles need to change. Malik can't do any of the things Wadley does.

KOdawg1
11-26-2020, 05:52 PM
Is Wadley Malik's backup? If so the roles need to change. Malik can't do any of the things Wadley does.

Walley is a slot receiver. Heath is outside.

KOdawg1
11-26-2020, 05:53 PM

It is. He's roommates with Jordan Davis and Tyrus Wheat, so hopefully they can come back too. Just depends on when they were exposed.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2020, 05:56 PM
This looks like the same egg bowl
thread that's been on here since the creation of this board. Pretty much every year it's said om offense will destroy us, boat race, etc.. They might do that but it hasn't happened very often, in fact we've boat raced them more in the last 11 years than they have us.With this game you never know what's gonna happen.

KOdawg1
11-26-2020, 06:12 PM
This looks like the same egg bowl
thread that's been on here since the creation of this board. Pretty much every year it's said om offense will destroy us, boat race, etc.. They might do that but it hasn't happened very often, in fact we've boat raced them more in the last 11 years than they have us.With this game you never know what's gonna happen.

Good points. Truthfully, the opposite of what you think will happen usually happens. I think 2018 was the only year in recent years where the result of the game went down like I thought it would.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2020, 06:32 PM
Good points. Truthfully, the opposite of what you think will happen usually happens. I think 2018 was the only year in recent years where the result of the game went down like I thought it would.

Yep my 55 years on this earth this game more than any other always seems to go the opposite. You can really never ever tell with this one.