PDA

View Full Version : 2 cents

BuckyIsAB****
11-22-2020, 01:18 PM
First off, Which ever one of y?all it was that was saying will Rogers was ?my QB? and not yours and that he would struggle to keep his job, eat it and I told you so. He is a winner. Been telling it for a while.

More importantly we have got to change the way we are lining up and playing vs trips. We are giving about 8 yards of cushion and still getting ran by. Come down and be physical at least we will get beat swinging. Our zone drops by LBs have to change. All we do is stare at the QB. Brule made one good play bc he turned and look and found 3 and made a play on the ball. It is a crying shame Arnett coaches to not give up the big play and all we give up is big plays. Our alignment and everything we do with our safeties are playing not to get beat over the top and it lost us the game. The pass interference call in the first quarter was awful and it played a huge hand in them winning.

This offense is going to work. When we run the ball it is bc Will checked to it. I think he can afford to check a little bit more but Leach will always give him hell for It. He looks at it like bunting. Amazing what a half decent OL will do. Winning the vandy game with the OL we had was a miracle. If you don?t like it get off and go like someone else.

We should have won it. 49 players be damned. Those are the 49 best we got so let?s play. If we can get some back we will beat OM. They won?t stop us. We won?t stop them but we can get more stops than they can.

Maroonthirteen
11-22-2020, 01:31 PM
nevermind

enjoy your day.

Santiago
11-22-2020, 02:07 PM
Rogers... AKA "The Cowboy". Love Dari on SEC Network when he throws that out there. Rogers seemed to make the reads fast last night, and to think only a true freshman and the more reps the better they all perform. His accuracy is a Leach QB trait, and that perfection an entire game will wear teams out.
Walley , putting up numbers on one of the best defenses in the country, and sporting the Flying M postgame(that just goes with this offense).
Tulu siting last night.
Austin doing what Austin does.
Heath...missed him last night. He will ball out , if this egg bowl moves to Dec 19. TSUN cannot contain Heath before or after a catch.

We have guys that have swagger and want to knock the *** out of someone as soon as they step off the team bus. That is my favorite part of this Fighting 49 (or do we say 59).

BuckyIsAB****
11-22-2020, 02:10 PM
I have no idea where the cowboy comes from never heard it in my life

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2020, 02:17 PM
Come on guys

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51YsDww4vKL.jpg

Dogbone
11-22-2020, 02:52 PM
Come on guys

LMAO

Commercecomet24
11-22-2020, 02:52 PM
Come on guys

They must not be old enough to remember Gun

R2Dawg
11-22-2020, 03:17 PM
I understand why so many MSU fans were down on our D after Joe but no need to doubt this D. We know how to play D. Yes we get the occasional Sirmon D but for the most part MSU gets nasty types that play high level D. We still got that, I don't care what the recruiting rankings say. They should revise some of that if a D player chooses MSU. He might be undervalued for some reason. Before many jump on I'm saying that in comparison to all the 5 star D at UGA.

DeltaChicagoDog
11-22-2020, 03:23 PM
LMAO

Believe it was Will Rogers who said something to the effect of, "buy land, fellas. 'Cause God ain't making any more of it."

Dogbone
11-22-2020, 03:55 PM
Believe it was Will Rogers who said something to the effect of, "buy land, fellas. 'Cause God ain't making any more of it."

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Maroonthirteen
11-22-2020, 05:07 PM
"I never met a man I didn't like." -Will Rogers

"Will Rogers never met Dick Vitale." -MSU Student section

RougeDawg
11-22-2020, 05:09 PM
I understand why so many MSU fans were down on our D after Joe but no need to doubt this D. We know how to play D. Yes we get the occasional Sirmon D but for the most part MSU gets nasty types that play high level D. We still got that, I don't care what the recruiting rankings say. They should revise some of that if a D player chooses MSU. He might be undervalued for some reason. Before many jump on I'm saying that in comparison to all the 5 star D at UGA.

The state of Mississippi has historically produced more defensive talent than current day offensive talent. We should always have a solid D based on what the high schools produce. Add in the fact that rural Mississippi high schools are not as watched by the recruiting services and you have a ton of Jonathan Banks diamonds across the state. I prefer we keep it that way. Hell, Chris Jones was an example of a kid on very few radars before he became one of the most sought after recruits in the nation.

Where we are lacking is the skill offensive guys, and air it out QB types. The QB part is taking care of itself. Mississippi lacks in this ares and it seems each year the few go elsewhere. Leach going into Texas and other parts to fill these needs for his offense should only further improve it.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2020, 05:37 PM
The state of Mississippi has historically produced more defensive talent than current day offensive talent. We should always have a solid D based on what the high schools produce. Add in the fact that rural Mississippi high schools are not as watched by the recruiting services and you have a ton of Jonathan Banks diamonds across the state. I prefer we keep it that way. Hell, Chris Jones was an example of a kid on very few radars before he became one of the most sought after recruits in the nation.

Where we are lacking is the skill offensive guys, and air it out QB types. The QB part is taking care of itself. Mississippi lacks in this ares and it seems each year the few go elsewhere. Leach going into Texas and other parts to fill these needs for his offense should only further improve it.

Our defense should always be good enough...

In the past decade, we've only had a bad defense twice & once was when we had the worst DC in college football (Sirmon) and the 2nd was last year when we had tutor gate and a massive culture issue on the team.

As long as MSU has the right culture, a competent DC, & few opt out/suspensions, our defense should keep us in every game except vs Bama.

Thus, it's all about the offense. Our normal defense starts MSU off at a 6-6 or 7-5 record every year. Anything in addition to that or in reduction to that is on the offense

BuckyIsAB****
11-22-2020, 07:01 PM

Lots of MS HS teams throw it around. 7 on 7 is just about to AAU level. Not to come at you but the whole narrative about HS offenses here is out of date. You get down to smaller school ball and they are wing t heavy. Nothing wrong with that either

msu15
11-22-2020, 08:30 PM
nevermind

enjoy your day.

What are you a *****?

Jack Lambert
11-22-2020, 08:47 PM
Crazy they get their 5 star QB and best WR back for our game. I keep hearing how Ole Miss is going to eat our DB's up. Well State will only have to defend one WR this saturday unlike last night where GA and two to three four and five stars on the field at one time. Ole Miss will get thier passing yards but it will not be as hard to defend as last night just due to the fact they don't have the same offensive talent as GA.

maroonmania
11-22-2020, 09:29 PM
Crazy they get their 5 star QB and best WR back for our game. I keep hearing how Ole Miss is going to eat our DB's up. Well State will only have to defend one WR this saturday unlike last night where GA and two to three four and five stars on the field at one time. Ole Miss will get thier passing yards but it will not be as hard to defend as last night just due to the fact they don't have the same offensive talent as GA.

Pisses me off that JT Daniels is even eligible and pisses me off more that he becomes healthy enough to play just in time for us. The NCAA can go you know where. JT Daniels transfers 3000 miles across the country for NO other reason than he had lost his starting gig at USC and gets his waiver because schools like Georgia get special treatment. We can't even get a guy eligible that transfers to us from Louisville who is from Birmingham because he is roughly 40 miles outside of the NCAA's stupid 100 mile radius rule (which is a discriminatory rule to rural schools). I truly hate the NCAA. In my view we lost to Georgia last night with them playing an illegal player.

BuckyIsAB****
11-22-2020, 09:32 PM

We won?t be scared but Mingo and Moore are better than pickens and number 7. They have been this year for sure. OMs OL is not as good as UGA. Our OL is better than their DL and our DL is better than their OL but not by as much. I believe we can get enough stops to win the game especially if we can get some of our guys back

bulldawg28
11-22-2020, 09:58 PM
Mingo isn't better than #7 or #1 from Ga. However, I agree Moore is a more dangerous player.

DownwardDawg
11-22-2020, 10:04 PM
They must not be old enough to remember Gun

So sad

Maroonthirteen
11-23-2020, 07:45 AM
What are you a *****?

Oh, I was just laughing at the irony of the OP saying if fans don't like the OLine to "get off". Yet 1/3 of the post is bitching about the defense. The only consistent unit on this team.

msstate7
11-23-2020, 07:57 AM
Oh, I was just laughing at the irony of the OP saying if fans don't like the OLine to "get off". Yet 1/3 of the post is bitching about the defense. The only consistent unit on this team.

Sec ranks...
Total offense - 13th
Yds/play - 14th
Scoring offense - 13th
Sacks allowed - 12th

Total defense - 4th
Yds/play - 5th
Scoring defense - 6th
Sacks - 3rd

BrunswickDawg
11-23-2020, 08:20 AM
Mingo isn't better than #7 or #1 from Ga. However, I agree Moore is a more dangerous player.

And Mingo missed their last game is listed as questionable with an injury for this weekend.

BuckyIsAB****
11-23-2020, 08:48 AM

I wasn?t bitching about the whole defense. I was bitching about our safeties and how we align to trips. The front 7 played pretty well as they have done all year. The secondary struggled pretty much as they?ve done all year. It cost us the game

BuckyIsAB****
11-23-2020, 08:49 AM
Sec ranks...
Total offense - 13th
Yds/play - 14th
Scoring offense - 13th
Sacks allowed - 12th

Total defense - 4th
Yds/play - 5th
Scoring defense - 6th
Sacks - 3rd

What was UGA ranked passing the ball coming into the game

BrunswickDawg
11-23-2020, 09:11 AM

They were 11th at 209 ypg; now 9th at 237 ypg

BuckyIsAB****
11-23-2020, 09:25 AM
They were 11th at 209 ypg; now 9th at 237 ypg

Yea so they are not a good passing team. Daniels is not that good. Hate to tell everybody. There is a reason he was not playing to begin with. Pickens is a good player. Their backs and OL are good but 7 had like 10 catches coming into the game, I did not look that is what the announcers said on the TV. And he torched us. We are going to have to get a lot better talent in the secondary (esp at S) or change how we are aligning. Playing scared and still getting beat deep does not make sense

bulldawg28
11-23-2020, 09:36 AM
Yea so they are not a good passing team. Daniels is not that good. Hate to tell everybody. There is a reason he was not playing to begin with. Pickens is a good player. Their backs and OL are good but 7 had like 10 catches coming into the game, I did not look that is what the announcers said on the TV. And he torched us. We are going to have to get a lot better talent in the secondary (esp at S) or change how we are aligning. Playing scared and still getting beat deep does not make sense

Daniels isn't good? You're really fishing again. We have to get better all across the board in the SEC not just safety. No SEC safety can cover a legit SEC WR one on one. It's called mismatches for a reason. They were put in bad situations. Their Qb recognized it and took advantage of it.

BrunswickDawg
11-23-2020, 09:58 AM

There is a huge difference in Stetson Bennett and JT Daniels. HUUUUUUUGE. Bennett is basically Mike Henig without the broken collar bones - which why their passing and receiving numbers were so low coming into our game. DAniels threw for almost 2700 yards at USC. Burton (#7) is a true freshman who was a 4 star 96, and was the #82 overall recruit last class. Yes, our safeties were bad and they took full advantage - but saying Daniels and Burton aren't good is a bad take.

Cowbell
11-23-2020, 11:34 AM
There is a huge difference in Stetson Bennett and JT Daniels. HUUUUUUUGE. Bennett is basically Mike Henig without the broken collar bones - which why their passing and receiving numbers were so low coming into our game. DAniels threw for almost 2700 yards at USC. Burton (#7) is a true freshman who was a 4 star 96, and was the #82 overall recruit last class. Yes, our safeties were bad and they took full advantage - but saying Daniels and Burton aren't good is a bad take.

This is dead on.

I'm just glad we have a freshman Qb that can already make reads and check it down to a run.

BuckyIsAB****
11-23-2020, 02:12 PM

UGA wanted Mingo bad. I think you were the main one who said Will wasn?t any good either so.

BuckyIsAB****
11-23-2020, 02:16 PM

We made Daniels look better than he is. Ole miss is going to line up in trips and pick on our safeties as long as we keep lining up the way we are. That was my whole point. We are playing scared and understandably so from Arnetts perspective. But if we are playing scared and still giving up big plays we might as well bring more than they can protect and come down and be physical. It is impossible to play man from 8 yards off

BuckyIsAB****
11-23-2020, 02:18 PM
If we are going to play scared then we need to drop off and play a true quarters or 7 look. If we are going to do what we have been doing we might as well go down swinging. We will get more pressure on OM than we did UGA. I think we can confuse Corrall bc be will turn it over.

Was not trying to just dog the defense out they played hard and we won up front all night. But we have to change that. Just my opinion

BuckyIsAB****
11-23-2020, 02:20 PM
Daniels isn't good? You're really fishing again. We have to get better all across the board in the SEC not just safety. No SEC safety can cover a legit SEC WR one on one. It's called mismatches for a reason. They were put in bad situations. Their Qb recognized it and took advantage of it.

Na. I just know what I?m talking about. Lots of SEC safeties cover 1 on 1. Daniels is no game changer. Pickens is legit other than him they won?t scare anyone. They are still going to hand it off first

BuckyIsAB****
11-23-2020, 02:39 PM
Or a 3 deep cloud look to trips with man to the 1 WR side would help too. Could double cloud it. It?s what we see a lot on offense so we know what it looks like

BrunswickDawg
11-23-2020, 02:48 PM
We made Daniels look better than he is. Ole miss is going to line up in trips and pick on our safeties as long as we keep lining up the way we are. That was my whole point. We are playing scared and understandably so from Arnetts perspective. But if we are playing scared and still giving up big plays we might as well bring more than they can protect and come down and be physical. It is impossible to play man from 8 yards off

No doubt we made him look terrific (and DJ Shockley blowing him after every pass made him sound like a Heisman candidate), but he's also already proven to be a servicable QB at USC. He was also the difference in UGA winning and losing. Under Bennett, who is arguably the worst QB in the SEC, UGA loses that game.

BuckyIsAB****
11-23-2020, 03:01 PM
No doubt we made him look terrific (and DJ Shockley blowing him after every pass made him sound like a Heisman candidate), but he's also already proven to be a servicable QB at USC. He was also the difference in UGA winning and losing. Under Bennett, who is arguably the worst QB in the SEC, UGA loses that game.

The pass interference in the first quarter was terrible. Daniels noodle armed it and they got bailed out

R2Dawg
11-23-2020, 06:28 PM

Useless comparison. Daniels hasn't played all year and Pickens has been out. Everyone is dissing on our secondary but Forbes and Emerson can play. Got some BS PI calls. Those two can tackle too.

Also UGA made some big passing plays but we had decent coverage on several of the plays. Daniels ball placement was perfect all night.

Our safeties are head hunters. Craft and Preston are young but they tackle well. Missing Murphy, Morgan and Peters hurts. I feel very good about D going forward.

Jury still out on O.

BuckyIsAB****
11-23-2020, 06:54 PM
Useless comparison. Daniels hasn't played all year and Pickens has been out. Everyone is dissing on our secondary but Forbes and Emerson can play. Got some BS PI calls. Those two can tackle too.

Also UGA made some big passing plays but we had decent coverage on several of the plays. Daniels ball placement was perfect all night.

Our safeties are head hunters. Craft and Preston are young but they tackle well. Missing Murphy, Morgan and Peters hurts. I feel very good about D going forward.

Jury still out on O.

Daniels wasn?t the point. The point was Mingo and Moore are better than number 7. They are. If we don?t change how we are playing alignment wise at safety they will hurt us.

Forbes has been picked on at times. He doesn?t always play with great effort either. He got beat (and that?s going to happen to the best of them) but then he watched his boy make the tackle and he just gave a little shove. Not to mention the play vs 6 from bama where he just quit on it for a TD.

I like him he is going to be good not trying to bash him, he?s def one of the best we have but we made Daniels and the others look better than they are. If they don?t get the awful PI call early on 3rd down we win the game

Westdawg
11-23-2020, 08:13 PM
Or a 3 deep cloud look to trips with man to the 1 WR side would help too. Could double cloud it. It?s what we see a lot on offense so we know what it looks like

I don't know if I would dbl cloud. I know with the 3-3-5, you run a lot of UNO and variances of Cov 3.
I called some Q/Q/H when we ran the 3-3-5 out west. (Quarter/Quarter/Half)

The issues we will face with OM is their play-action is so dang lethal, and I'm afraid it could be cryptonite this week because they have had some great success rushing against a 30 front this year. Their inside run blocking has been significantly improved and they attack the edge with speed. They will have a unique advantage on us especially without Davis and Wheat

bulldawg28
11-24-2020, 01:32 AM
UGA wanted Mingo bad. I think you were the main one who said Will wasn?t any good either so.

What does recruiting have to do with play. In that case I'll use your analogy. Both #7 from GA and #1 were recruited and ranked higher than your homeboy Mingo. So they're better, right?Actually it's clear they are. #7 is a true freshman and he's already better than Mingo. In regards to Will I said he'd have to fight to keep his job next year and I still believe it. He played his best game last week. However, one game doesn't solidify a starting role for the future. Stop beating your chest for these Brandon kids and being blind. It's ok Bucko to be their #1 fan which you are.

bulldawg28
11-24-2020, 01:39 AM
Na. I just know what I?m talking about. Lots of SEC safeties cover 1 on 1. Daniels is no game changer. Pickens is legit other than him they won?t scare anyone. They are still going to hand it off first

I played safety in the SEC and would know more than you on the subject. Covering an SEC WR does not take away from the WR having the advantage. Which is what I said. That's a bad match up for any safety to be on an island continually with no pressure. Add that with fatigue which the guys clearly had and you get what happened Saturday.

shrimp
11-24-2020, 08:50 AM
I played safety in the SEC and would know more than you on the subject. Covering an SEC WR does not take away from the WR having the advantage. Which is what I said. That's a bad match up for any safety to be on an island continually with no pressure. Add that with fatigue which the guys clearly had and you get what happened Saturday.

Kenzaki Jones? Creator of the Dog Pound Rock! Is that you?

Hot Rock
11-24-2020, 09:12 AM
Well, 28 was Kenzaki's jersey number. There may have been several safeties wear that number. The list would certainly be short. Let's say he knows more than we do and let it go at that.

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2020, 11:44 AM
What does recruiting have to do with play. In that case I'll use your analogy. Both #7 from GA and #1 were recruited and ranked higher than your homeboy Mingo. So they're better, right?Actually it's clear they are. #7 is a true freshman and he's already better than Mingo. In regards to Will I said he'd have to fight to keep his job next year and I still believe it. He played his best game last week. However, one game doesn't solidify a starting role for the future. Stop beating your chest for these Brandon kids and being blind. It's ok Bucko to be their #1 fan which you are.

I will make a wager with you that Will starts every game till he graduates here. Barring injury or Leach retiring. You name the stakes. Don?t get mad now that you were wrong. Mingo is better than 7. It is not close. 7 was a nobody till the other night. Mingo had better stats in every category is bigger stronger and faster. Period.

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2020, 11:48 AM

Geez it is almost exactly what I said, we should change how we are aligning to and playing vs trips to help our safeties out. If 12 keeps his eyes out of the backfield and flips his hips or just tackles their guy we don?t give up an easy ass touchdown on 3rd and 20. Also if we don?t line him up 8 yards deep on 3 every time with spot dropping staring at the QB zone drops it would help us too. We either stare at the QB or blitz at LB vs the pass not much else and it has hurt us all year. Which was my whole point

I won?t debate you on what you played or did not play. Doesn?t matter to me

bulldawg28
11-24-2020, 12:35 PM
Geez it is almost exactly what I said, we should change how we are aligning to and playing vs trips to help our safeties out. If 12 keeps his eyes out of the backfield and flips his hips or just tackles their guy we don?t give up an easy ass touchdown on 3rd and 20. Also if we don?t line him up 8 yards deep on 3 every time with spot dropping staring at the QB zone drops it would help us too. We either stare at the QB or blitz at LB vs the pass not much else and it has hurt us all year. Which was my whole point

I won?t debate you on what you played or did not play. Doesn?t matter to me

You initally blamed the safeties talent level. My comments and justification is it wasn't a talent issue. Pure schematics and fatigue caused those big plays.

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2020, 08:53 PM
You initally blamed the safeties talent level. My comments and justification is it wasn't a talent issue. Pure schematics and fatigue caused those big plays.

It is a talent issue. We do not have a single SEC ready safety on the roster rn. Effort is great and that is all you can ask. They tackle decent enough but they can?t cover at all. So why not change what we are doing and if we are gonna bring pressure (we should bc we will never cover them or anyone else consistently) bring more than they can protect. If they score they score fine but at least we will not be gassed

bulldawg28
11-26-2020, 04:08 AM
It is a talent issue. We do not have a single SEC ready safety on the roster rn. Effort is great and that is all you can ask. They tackle decent enough but they can?t cover at all. So why not change what we are doing and if we are gonna bring pressure (we should bc we will never cover them or anyone else consistently) bring more than they can protect. If they score they score fine but at least we will not be gassed

I could say the same about the offense aka the Qb position. Leach has never struggled this way offensively. Man, we need a legit signal caller. See how easy that is? The safeties are fine and are SEC talented. We're playing with our 3rd string freshman and sophomores at this point due to injuries and opt outs. They're doing exactly how you would expect inexperienced players to perform.

BuckyIsAB****
11-26-2020, 10:47 AM
I could say the same about the offense aka the Qb position. Leach has never struggled this way offensively. Man, we need a legit signal caller. See how easy that is? The safeties are fine and are SEC talented. We're playing with our 3rd string freshman and sophomores at this point due to injuries and opt outs. They're doing exactly how you would expect inexperienced players to perform.

If you can compare our Safety play to our QB play and say they are they same rn you are just looking for an axe to grind

msstate7
11-26-2020, 01:08 PM
If you can compare our Safety play to our QB play and say they are they same rn you are just looking for an axe to grind

Neither Rogers or Costello qualify yet in passer rating; but if they did, Rogers would be 12th in the sec, and Costello would be 13th. Our qb play is at the bottom of the conference

BuckyIsAB****
11-26-2020, 01:24 PM
Neither Rogers or Costello qualify yet in passer rating; but if they did, Rogers would be 12th in the sec, and Costello would be 13th. Our qb play is at the bottom of the conference

Ok

bulldawg28
11-26-2020, 01:39 PM

Our defense has outperformed the offense so it's a pretty easy assessment. Our safety play has also been more positively consistent than Qb play. We aren't losing games because of safety play. However, our Qb's have been terrible as a whole and the reason why we are losing. Whether it's not checking into run plays, throwing ints, dumping to the Rb 80 times a game they've been abysmal.

bulldawg28
11-26-2020, 01:39 PM

This all day.

bulldawg28
11-26-2020, 01:40 PM