PDA

View Full Version : Fred Thomas out tonight for NCAA violation...

messageboardsuperhero
11-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Per someone on SPS.

Bracky Brett strikes again.

Dawg61
11-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Bracky hates flat-tops

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Good gawd Brackey.

Robbie Faulk ‏@Rivals_Robbie 12m
MSU says that Fred Thomas is being held out of tonight's game for a violation of the NCAA outside competition rule.

starkvegasdawg
11-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Good gawd Brackey.

Robbie Faulk ‏@Rivals_Robbie 12m
MSU says that Fred Thomas is being held out of tonight's game for a violation of the NCAA outside competition rule.

Oh hell. Don't tell me he played church league basketball too. Did he give Redmond two more games just for spite?

Duckdawg
11-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Nevermind

Dawg61
11-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Nevermind

Fred Thomas plays football? No wonder we suck

Political Hack
11-08-2013, 08:24 PM
I heard that he had a free throw shooting contest with a kid in elementary school, and if that's not a serious impediment to the NCAA's ability to to do what's best for student athletes, then I don't know what is.******

Duckdawg
11-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Yeah, in my drunk, lake house sitting, grilling mind I saw Fred Ross and responded. My bad.

CadaverDawg
11-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Word on the street....

Bracky saw a guy with a flat top selling drugs on an episode of cops last night. Result= Fred gets a game

TopDog58
11-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Carskadon say on the tweeter that Fred played in a charity game and was forced to sit for 1 game. NCAA just flat out sucks balls.

Todd4State
11-08-2013, 11:06 PM
I heard that he had a free throw shooting contest with a kid in elementary school, and if that's not a serious impediment to the NCAA's ability to to do what's best for student athletes, then I don't know what is.******

That sounds like something we do during a stoppage in play during a football game. Brought to you by Domino's pizza of course.

messageboardsuperhero
11-08-2013, 11:09 PM
Carskadon say on the tweeter that Fred played in a charity game and was forced to sit for 1 game. NCAA just flat out sucks balls.

It's against NCAA rules to play in a damn charity basketball game? That is terrible.

I seen it dawg
11-08-2013, 11:17 PM
It's against Brackys rules. He is a sorry sack of shit.

sbcmortgageman
11-09-2013, 07:24 AM
I don't know what he did so I won't comment on that. But I am impressed on how this was kept quiet until tipoff. That's a dang first.

Will James
11-09-2013, 07:58 AM
It's against Brackys rules. He is a sorry sack of shit.

Yep. This should be the last straw. How can Strick save face after this allowing that dumbass to continue working. I bet the other AD's laugh at him during their meetings.

Political Hack
11-09-2013, 08:17 AM
NCAA suspended a freshman at Colgate a year for playing in 3 church league games while he was on a two year mission between high school and college.

messageboardsuperhero
11-09-2013, 08:28 AM
NCAA suspended a freshman at Colgate a year for playing in 3 church league games while he was on a two year mission between high school and college.

I'm as ready to see Bracky go as the next guy, but after reading about exactly why Thomas couldn't play, this suspension is on the NCAA. They have some ridiculous rules when it comes to playing in charity/church games. The NCAA is ridiculous.

Oh well, the suspension was only one game, so it's over and there's no really point in going on about it.

Political Hack
11-09-2013, 08:35 AM
why does Thomas get one game for a charity game and the Colgate kid gets one year for three games?

I realize that works in our favor, but that's garbage. the NCAA is a joke.

starkvegasdawg
11-09-2013, 08:41 AM

Unless the charity was raising money for his family how the blue hell is that a NCAA violation? How about the coaches vs cancer games? Those are raising money for a charity. Shouldn't all the players in that tournament not suspended? Stupid asinine NCAA rules and our paranoid compliance director.

DownwardDawg
11-09-2013, 08:47 AM
why does Thomas get one game for a charity game and the Colgate kid gets one year for three games?

It is absolute garbage!!! Remember the Boise State sanctions a few years back? I can't remember the exact details, but it was some freshman football signees that came to school early to start working out with the team. They slept on the floor of some of the other Boise football players apartments. The NCAA decided this was impermissible benefits. Players sleeping on other players floors and couches.

ckDOG
11-09-2013, 08:57 AM
I'm as ready to see Bracky go as the next guy, but after reading about exactly why Thomas couldn't play, this suspension is on the NCAA. They have some ridiculous rules when it comes to playing in charity/church games. The NCAA is ridiculous.

Oh well, the suspension was only one game, so it's over and there's no really point in going on about it.

Did the NCAA know about it and point this out or did we volunteer the info? If it truly was an instance of him playing a charity game, I say just ignore it and let the NCAA make an ass out of themselves on their own time.

Coach34
11-09-2013, 09:05 AM
I don't know what he did so I won't comment on that. But I am impressed on how this was kept quiet until tipoff. That's a dang first.

Amen

Political Hack
11-09-2013, 09:14 AM
Did the NCAA know about it and point this out or did we volunteer the info? If it truly was an instance of him playing a charity game, I say just ignore it and let the NCAA make an ass out of themselves on their own time.

I'm sure we self reported it. No way they'd ever be able to keep track of that. The Colgate kid self reported too... and he got a year.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 09:23 AM
My only thought is: I wonder if this rule wasn't enforced if it would open up some loophole that would cause a major problem. The NCAA is terrible, and if we are taking the rule at face value this suspension is ridiculous, but I wonder if there is more to it and it's something we don't understand.

Perhaps, playing in charity game is a slippery slop and opens up a loophole towards something that is actually illegal. Not sure.

messageboardsuperhero
11-09-2013, 09:38 AM

I guess the same reason that girl got in trouble for using "school water" to wash her car, but Cam got nothing for taking $200,000.

The NCAA is a total crapshoot.