PDA

View Full Version : Quick Thoughts...

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2020, 10:52 PM
Damn I hurt for our players tonight. After all they've been through, their effort deserved to win tonight. However, great effort & it's easy to see that Leach is building this right way. This game reminds me a lot of Mullen's game vs LSU in 2009 when Tyson didn't pitch the ball to Boobie. The corner has been turned IMO

Here are some thoughts:

1. If Stetson Bennett would've played tonight, we win by 10.

2. Will Rogers is so calm & accurate. Wish he had a little more arm strength, but maybe that will come with age. Love how accurate he is & how easy the game comes to him.

3. When this offense runs correctly, it looks easy & the QB gets the ball out quick. That's what we did for much of the night tonight.

4. Tonight was the best the OL has played all year for 3 quarters but then it regressed back to bad in the 4th quarter. Not sure if UGA made a DL adjustment or what, but our OL fell apart down the stretch.

5. Love what Arnett is doing in the front 7 & absolutely hate what he's doing on the back end. We're young at corner & opted out at safety. It's touch & go.

6. Walley has the look of a guy that's going to play for a really long time.

7. Can't wait to see this offense with the quickness of Tulu, Walley, Knox, Moore, Nabers, & Heath. It's going to be absolutely lethal.

8. To Deion, Calloway, & John Lewis. Come on fellas. You saw tonight. We just need a few more pieces & you can play early. Come play for your home state. You'll win & are joining a good program now.

9. To these guys that opted, with the exception of Pickering, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Leach is going to win without you & the culture we're currently developing will win big.

10. Can we put to rest that this offense won't work in the SEC? It can & will

KOdawg1
11-21-2020, 10:53 PM
For the first time since the LSU game, I'm encouraged.

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2020, 10:56 PM

You should be. In the LSU game, we hit balls over the top. In this game, we ran the offense correctly until the OL gave out at the end

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-21-2020, 10:59 PM
We seem to have turned the corner. First game since Arky where the O played hard. First game since LSU where their body language was positive all game. Best execution all year. Most physical play all year on O. Defense played theri ass off, which they didn't do vs Vandy.

I can't see this team going back to mopey, "woe is me" attitudes and lazy effort.

Walley will be all SEC and an NFL player. He's really, really good. Also still maintain Johnson is a better RB than Marks, he had several good runs tonight and is getting better and better. Both need strength and both will be good, but I think Johnson is shiftier and has better vision

msu15
11-21-2020, 11:00 PM
I am so proud of our program right now. That was Mississippi State on both sides of the ball.

HoopsDawg
11-21-2020, 11:02 PM
I had basically zero hope for Leach. After this game, you can see a little bit of light. I do think UGA wasn't comfortable in the 3-8 and once the LB's quit dropping 8 yards it was game over for our offense. But glad to see a glimmer of hope.

parabrave
11-21-2020, 11:02 PM

Hate to say it but Matt Corral is going to set another record next week. Preston needs safety help. Kiffen will run him to death .

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-21-2020, 11:04 PM
I am so proud of our program right now. That was Mississippi State on both sides of the ball.

100% Staet football = Physical, high effort, team first attitudes.

No moping, no half assed routes, no lazy blocks, no pointing fingers, no giving up at the end.... THAT is State football and if Leach can keep them playing like that the fanbase will be completely behind him soon

Turfdawg67
11-21-2020, 11:05 PM
Most psychotic fan base around... LOLZ

ShotgunDawg
Hate to say it but Matt Corral is going to set another record next week. Preston needs safety help. Kiffen will run him to death .

Yeah, our defense doesn't stand a chance vs them, but offensively we may be able to put up a fight.

defiantdog
Nope..... UGA has a better OL. Corral is awful out of the pocket. Not saying we win..... but these guys will play.

Bothrops
11-21-2020, 11:08 PM
Leach is getting a little taste of what it will take to win in the SEC. Gotta recruit well and coach them to no end and never take a week off.

HoopsDawg
according to 247, UGA has the most talented roster in CFB 2020. 16 five stars, 51 four stars.

KOdawg1

We'll be able to generate a little more pressure than we did tonight. They're gonna light it up though, no doubt

ShotgunDawg
Nope..... UGA has a better OL. Corral is awful out of the pocket. Not saying we win..... but these guys will play.

Having Wheat & Davis back will be huge vs OM

Todd4State
11-21-2020, 11:09 PM
Our youth and depth was the difference tonight.

Losing Heath, Wheat, and Jordan Davis might have been. Heath is the closest thing we have to a deep threat- although Walley is certainly emerging and Wheat would have helped the pass rush.

I don't have any suggestions for Arnett when we literally have zero safeties on the roster. I mean- what do you do with that?

Cowbell
11-21-2020, 11:10 PM
This game gives me a lot of encouragement. So proud of the players playing.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-21-2020, 11:11 PM

Preston IS a safety. His problem doesn't seem to be athletic, he just doesn't know his assignments well enough to react fast. He pauses and so gets burned. His form is also bad. He's a guy who is taking heat, but if we didn't have opt outs, injuries, and recruiting misses would get another year to put it together before he was called upon. I think he'll be ok next year but he's a liability now

RiverCityDawg
11-21-2020, 11:12 PM
Having Wheat & Davis back will be huge vs OM

They won't be back if the game stays next week.

Todd4State
11-21-2020, 11:13 PM
Preston IS a safety. His problem doesn't seem to be athletic, he just doesn't know his assignments well enough to react fast. He pauses and so gets burned. His form is also bad. He's a guy who is taking heat, but if we didn't have opt outs, injuries, and recruiting misses would get another year to put it together before he was called upon. I think he'll be ok next year but he's a liability now

He's really more of a hybrid LB/S like Whitley.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-21-2020, 11:13 PM

Losing Heath, Wheat, and Jordan Davis might have been. Heath is the closest thing we have to a deep threat- although Walley is certainly emerging and Wheat would have helped the pass rush.

I don't have any suggestions for Arnett when we literally have zero safeties on the roster. I mean- what do you do with that?

Well, I don't blitz on 3rd and long. I really REALLY like Arnett BUT I thought sometimes he put unnecessary stress on the DBs

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2020, 11:14 PM
They won't be back if the game stays next week.

We're already below the 53, so it'll be easy for next week to be cancelled

Todd4State
11-21-2020, 11:16 PM
Well, I don't blitz on 3rd and long. I really REALLY like Arnett BUT I thought sometimes he put unnecessary stress on the DBs

It seemed to me like when we rushed three we got picked apart. I thought we had way more success bringing pressure than not.

bobcat91
11-21-2020, 11:19 PM

You do what he has been doing which is installing his system and working on getting better each week. He is going to have to recruit and can sell playing time. We had Freshmen everywhere tonight and it will be the same next year. But two things happened tonight that show what the future holds. One they played there ass off for the team and the coaches. They executed this offense until they simply tired out. And they did it with true Freshman at the QB, RB and WR positions.

Its funny folks who loved the LSU game but quit on this coach and this team afterwards, believe this offense is antiquated and can't work. Mike Leach didn't win Big 12 Coach of the Year, Pac 12 Coach of the year and the NCAA Coach of the year twice, because he doesn't know what he is doing. What is true is our fans have cornered the market on being ignorant dumbasses who want instant results. They are pathetic.

DownwardDawg
11-21-2020, 11:21 PM
You do what he has been doing which is installing his system and working on getting better each week. He is going to have to recruit and can sell playing time. We had Freshmen everywhere tonight and it will be the same next year. But two things happened tonight that show what the future holds. One they played there ass off for the team and the coaches. They executed this offense until they simply tired out. And they did it with true Freshman at the QB, RB and WR positions.

Its funny folks who loved the LSU game but quit on this coach and this team afterwards, believe this offense is antiquated and can't work. Mike Leach didn't win Big 12 Coach of the Year, Pac 12 Coach of the year and the NCAA Coach of the year twice, because he doesn't know what he is doing. What is true is our fans have cornered the market on being ignorant dumbasses who want instant results. They are pathetic.

Happy thanksgiving!!

Jarius
11-21-2020, 11:22 PM
We need the OM game to get moved to 12/19. We have a real chance to beat them. Especially with a full deck on defense.

Jack Lambert
11-21-2020, 11:23 PM
We'll be able to generate a little more pressure than we did tonight. They're gonna light it up though, no doubt

I bet you were one of the 1000's who said that last season.

Dawgcap
11-21-2020, 11:24 PM
I had basically zero hope for Leach. After this game, you can see a little bit of light. I do think UGA wasn't comfortable in the 3-8 and once the LB's quit dropping 8 yards it was game over for our offense. But glad to see a glimmer of hope.
Always a addendum when wrong. My thoughts are that to get rid of a crap smell you have to clear the turds in the room. What happened tonight was playing a game with players that want and deserve to be there. This is a process and we showed we are capable of playing without the turds

RiverCityDawg
11-21-2020, 11:25 PM

Whitley wasn't a hybrid though. He was a true safety that just hit like a linebacker. Pre-Achilles and ACL injuries he was a ballhawk back there. I'm hopefully Preston can improve his coverage/ball-hawking abilities because I do see the Whitley reference in the way he runs to the ball carrier and arrives with bad intentions.

hp22
11-21-2020, 11:27 PM
Great effort tonight. Huge step forward. Let's go to oxford and leave everything we have on that field. Let's give them hell.

KOdawg1
11-21-2020, 11:28 PM
I bet you were one of the 1000's who said that last season.

I didn't say anything last year. I didn't know what to expect last year.

You'd lose that bet.

Jarius
11-21-2020, 11:28 PM
It seemed to me like when we rushed three we got picked apart. I thought we had way more success bringing pressure than not.

We got picked apart for about 10 yards. We never gave up 20 yards. It was an awful call.

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2020, 11:30 PM

THIS

hp22
11-21-2020, 11:33 PM
It is a joy to watch Brule play football. Full speed.

Can say the same about Watson, Emerson, Forbes, Craft, Crumedy, etc. That starts with guys like spencer, Thomspon and Kobe. Set the bar seniors and go win an egg bowl.

Jarius
11-21-2020, 11:35 PM
THIS

I’m quite certain that we don’t have the dumbest fans in America but we have a lot on this board that are extremely stupid.

parabrave
11-21-2020, 11:39 PM

And he will be out there on an Island next week/

Jack Lambert
11-21-2020, 11:50 PM
I didn't say anything last year. I didn't know what to expect last year.

You'd lose that bet.

Rest assured most on this board was calling it last season. I don't believe anything until it happens. That's why I don't gamble. I kind of wonder how many took State and the spread tonight?

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2020, 11:51 PM
I’m quite certain that we don’t have the dumbest fans in America but we have a lot on this board that are extremely stupid.

We have people that are too knee jerk from one game to the next & don't see the big picture.

I'm pretty terrible with recruiting, but I think I do pretty well with the actual big picture perspective when it comes to games.

Commercecomet24
11-21-2020, 11:53 PM
We need the OM game to get moved to 12/19. We have a real chance to beat them. Especially with a full deck on defense.

Agree 100%. Get some of our guys back on defense and we can give em heck.

Commercecomet24
11-21-2020, 11:56 PM
And he will be out there on an Island next week/

I'm thinking the egg bowl gets moved to December 19

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2020, 11:58 PM
I'm thinking the egg bowl gets moved to December 19

If we get it moved to December 19th, there's a good chance we have our pass rushers & CJ Morgan back

Commercecomet24
11-21-2020, 11:59 PM
If we get it moved to December 19th, there's a good chance we have our pass rushers & CJ Morgan back

Exactly and I think we have a shot at it getting moved, just have to see how it plays out.

Dawgcap
11-22-2020, 12:00 AM
I?m quite certain that we don?t have the dumbest fans in America but we have a lot on this board that are extremely stupid.

This

KOdawg1
11-22-2020, 12:05 AM

I'm not sure how much help CJ Morgan will be. He's a good leader, but unless his rehab just went spectacular, I don't think he'll have the speed to help us.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2020, 12:13 AM
I'm not sure how much help CJ Morgan will be. He's a good leader, but unless his rehab just went spectacular, I don't think he'll have the speed to help us.

It's a low bar to help us back there. He's been practicing, so we'll see

Jarius
11-22-2020, 12:15 AM

CJ Morgan is probably my favorite bulldog on the team, but I don’t see him being much help. I sure hope I’m wrong. He deserves it.

KOdawg1
11-22-2020, 12:19 AM
CJ Morgan is probably my favorite bulldog on the team, but I don’t see him being much help. I sure hope I’m wrong. He deserves it.

I'm with ya. He's a bulldog. But he was slow before a devastating injury. You typically don't get faster after major surgery. But maybe he can elevate those younger guys. Lord knows, we need it.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2020, 12:23 AM
Can you guys imagine what we're going to look like in two years with this young core?

Bothrops
11-22-2020, 12:30 AM
I'm with ya. He's a bulldog. But he was slow before a devastating injury. You typically don't get faster after major surgery. But maybe he can elevate those younger guys. Lord knows, we need it.

Morgan has good instincts. He knows to catch a ball headed in his direction.

KOdawg1
11-22-2020, 12:33 AM
Morgan has good instincts. He knows to catch a ball headed in his direction.

That's fine. It's hard to catch a ball thrown to a defender 5 yards past you though.

Todd4State
11-22-2020, 12:55 AM
We got picked apart for about 10 yards. We never gave up 20 yards. It was an awful call.

Right. But it seemed like it was always on third down and when they got those 10 yards they converted every time keeping the drive going.

BTW I was speaking in more general terms and wasn't defending any play calls.

Todd4State
11-22-2020, 12:56 AM
Exactly and I think we have a shot at it getting moved, just have to see how it plays out.

I want it moved just so we'll be more likely to be at full strength at that time.

If the rumor is true about us doing the SEC a solid by playing tonight I hope they hold up their end of the rumored bargain.

Commercecomet24
11-22-2020, 01:08 AM
I want it moved just so we'll be more likely to be at full strength at that time.

If the rumor is true about us doing the SEC a solid by playing tonight I hope they hold up their end of the rumored bargain.

Same here.

Todd4State
11-22-2020, 01:11 AM
Same here.

They kind of owe us for 2013 when they told us we would get Vanderbilt when they wanted us to play Oklahoma State and then they gave us a really good South Carolina team on the road.

yjnkdawg
11-22-2020, 01:20 AM
I imagine since we played UGA between the hedges, with 49 scholarship players, as the SEC Office "really" wanted the game to be played as scheduled, there shouldn't be any issue in requesting and getting approval for the Egg Bowl to be moved to December 19th.

Todd4State
11-22-2020, 01:52 AM
I imagine since we played UGA between the hedges, with 49 scholarship players, as the SEC Office "really" wanted the game to be played as scheduled, there shouldn't be any issue in requesting and getting approval for the Egg Bowl to be moved to December 19th.

I agree. It would be a nice made for TV match up for the league for December 19th as well.

bulldawg28
11-22-2020, 06:22 AM
I give Leach and the remaining players credit. That was a complete turnaround. We were 2 Defensive lineman away from winning that game. The guys just ran out of gas.

Jarius
11-22-2020, 08:20 AM
Let’s move the egg bowl to Christmas Day. Can you imagine?

msstate7
11-22-2020, 08:33 AM
Let’s move the egg bowl to Christmas Day. Can you imagine?

It would be competing with saints game.

Sienfield
11-22-2020, 08:48 AM

This is what i saw too. I think Georgia gave us more open space in the middle than what we have been seeing. We played a great game though and without Daniels and his receiver (197 yards) we would have won. Think about this Georgia has more 5 star players than players we took to the game yesterday.

Jarius
11-22-2020, 09:21 AM
It would be competing with saints game.

I mean I know it’s not gonna get moved to Christmas Day but we don’t have to play at the same time as the Saints.

Turfdawg67
11-22-2020, 11:31 AM
Always a addendum when wrong. My thoughts are that to get rid of a crap smell you have to clear the turds in the room. What happened tonight was playing a game with players that want and deserve to be there. This is a process and we showed we are capable of playing without the turds

They have to keep it going b/c they constantly mocked the fact that Leach needs "his" players to make this go. Last night was played with Leach-type players and the know-it-alls realize they were wrong.

msstate7
11-22-2020, 11:34 AM
They have to keep it going b/c they constantly mocked the fact that Leach needs "his" players to make this go. Last night was played with Leach-type players and the know-it-alls realize they were wrong.

Are you a bot? You've ripped into leach the last month, and now you somehow flipping sides?

DeltaChicagoDog
11-22-2020, 11:53 AM
Are you a bot? You've ripped into leach the last month, and now you somehow flipping sides?

I don't post much, so won't say much about this. Almost all have had criticism. Not all criticism is negative or destructive. 3 or 4 have turned every single thread into negative Eeyore'ing about CML. Even a thread about the 2004 Auburn team. The same 3 or 4. Turf was not one of them.

Santiago
11-22-2020, 11:57 AM
This is what i saw too. I think Georgia gave us more open space in the middle than what we have been seeing. We played a great game though and without Daniels and his receiver (197 yards) we would have won. Think about this Georgia has more 5 star players than players we took to the game yesterday.

I was wondering though for 3 quarters when they did try to come up closer than 8 yards, that Rogers knew it and was finding guys in the next pocket over them.
As Rogers improves, the defense will have to choose wisely. He will be like having a coach on the field calling plays.

Turfdawg67
11-22-2020, 12:01 PM
I don't post much, so won't say much about this. Almost all have had criticism. Not all criticism is negative or destructive. 3 or 4 have turned every single thread into negative Eeyore'ing about CML. Even a thread about the 2004 Auburn team. The same 3 or 4. Turf was not one of them.

Thanks bro. To be fair, I did post our 2nd half possessions against Vandy, which made me physically ill.

R2Dawg
11-22-2020, 04:10 PM
Damn I hurt for our players tonight. After all they've been through, their effort deserved to win tonight. However, great effort & it's easy to see that Leach is building this right way. This game reminds me a lot of Mullen's game vs LSU in 2009 when Tyson didn't pitch the ball to Boobie. The corner has been turned IMO

Here are some thoughts:

1. If Stetson Bennett would've played tonight, we win by 10.

2. Will Rogers is so calm & accurate. Wish he had a little more arm strength, but maybe that will come with age. Love how accurate he is & how easy the game comes to him.

3. When this offense runs correctly, it looks easy & the QB gets the ball out quick. That's what we did for much of the night tonight.

4. Tonight was the best the OL has played all year for 3 quarters but then it regressed back to bad in the 4th quarter. Not sure if UGA made a DL adjustment or what, but our OL fell apart down the stretch.

5. Love what Arnett is doing in the front 7 & absolutely hate what he's doing on the back end. We're young at corner & opted out at safety. It's touch & go.

6. Walley has the look of a guy that's going to play for a really long time.

7. Can't wait to see this offense with the quickness of Tulu, Walley, Knox, Moore, Nabers, & Heath. It's going to be absolutely lethal.

8. To Deion, Calloway, & John Lewis. Come on fellas. You saw tonight. We just need a few more pieces & you can play early. Come play for your home state. You'll win & are joining a good program now.

9. To these guys that opted, with the exception of Pickering, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Leach is going to win without you & the culture we're currently developing will win big.

10. Can we put to rest that this offense won't work in the SEC? It can & will

Agree with some of your points but have you learned nothing on #10? One game, wait not even an entire game of decent O and you want to say this O has arrived? For MSU sake I want it to work too but lets see it for several games first.

Remember LSU? UGA did the Pellini D coaching gig again, even played man some. We were better on O but much of it was what UGA was not doing on D. Watch first half and 2nd half. Tale of two halves due to what UGA doing on D. We do the same thing regardless. Yes we were better in some spots.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2020, 04:49 PM
Agree with some of your points but have you learned nothing on #10? One game, wait not even an entire game of decent O and you want to say this O has arrived? For MSU sake I want it to work too but lets see it for several games first.

Remember LSU? UGA did the Pellini D coaching gig again, even played man some. We were better on O but much of it was what UGA was not doing on D. Watch first half and 2nd half. Tale of two halves due to what UGA doing on D. We do the same thing regardless. Yes we were better in some spots.

Sure. Ok. It works and it's going work. Stop the madness. It's worked for 20 years

messageboardsuperhero
11-22-2020, 05:10 PM

Kirby Smart said in his PC that they played us exactly the same as everyone has been, and that they didn?t make any adjustments at all in the second half. If you don?t believe me, go watch the video. He literally said those exact words.

UGA played a handful of snaps in man to mix up coverages, but they pretty much dropped back in zone all night, rushing three or four.

You aren?t convinced that Leach?s offense will work here. I won?t waste my time arguing. But let?s not act like UGA found some schematic secret sauce in the fourth quarter, when their own coach said they changed nothing. We just got worn down blocking their DL.

HoopsDawg
11-22-2020, 05:14 PM
Kirby Smart said in his PC that they played us exactly the same as everyone has been, and that they didn?t make any adjustments at all in the second half. If you don?t believe me, go watch the video. He literally said those exact words.

UGA played a handful of snaps in man to mix up coverages, but they pretty much dropped back in zone all night, rushing three or four.

You aren?t convinced that Leach?s offense will work here. I won?t waste my time arguing. But let?s not act like UGA found some schematic secret sauce in the fourth quarter, when their own coach said they changed nothing. We just got worn down blocking their DL.

I've never heard of an OL getting worn down blocking another team's Dline. That's not really a thing.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2020, 05:16 PM
I've never heard of an OL getting worn down blocking another team's Dline. That's not really a thing.

I think UGA's players just started jumping routes on their own. Not a scheme thing or even a coach driven thing. Just players recognizing our plays quicker & jumping the routes.

Leach has said he hasn't installed the entire playbook & I wonder if he's got some tricks up his sleeve in the future to handle defenses that start doing that. You'd think he's seen it plenty of times.

HoopsDawg
11-22-2020, 05:21 PM
I think UGA's players just started jumping routes on their own. Not a scheme thing or even a coach driven thing. Just players recognizing our plays quicker & jumping the routes.

Leach has said he hasn't installed the entire playbook & I wonder if he's got some tricks up his sleeve in the future to handle defenses that start doing that. You'd think he's seen it plenty of times.

I agree with you on UGA jumping the routes. They played much softer in the first half than any of our previous opponents. I don't think they were coached that well on the 3-8.

But that's 6 straight opponents running the same scheme. That has to make you think if you are Leach. If he has a "trick up his sleeve" as you said, last night would have been the right time to use it.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2020, 05:26 PM
But that's 6 straight opponents running the same scheme. That has to make you think if you are Leach. If he has a "trick up his sleeve" as you said, last night would have been the right time to use it.

True.

Jarius
11-22-2020, 05:32 PM
Their DL not giving us time to throw the football in the second half was the biggest factor.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2020, 05:33 PM
Their DL not giving us time to throw the football in the second half was the biggest factor.

For sure, it's just a matter of why were we able to block them in the 1st half but not the 2nd?

What happened?

Todd4State
11-22-2020, 06:06 PM

Will has to start using his eyes better to manipulate defensive players and maybe pump his some to keep them from jumping routes. That will come in time.

Todd4State
11-22-2020, 06:08 PM
For sure, it's just a matter of why were we able to block them in the 1st half but not the 2nd?

What happened?

We got worn out. Leach wants to use a rotation of 10 offensive linemen and we had 6-7 and most of them are underclassmen.

HoopsDawg
11-22-2020, 06:38 PM
We got worn out. Leach wants to use a rotation of 10 offensive linemen and we had 6-7 and most of them are underclassmen.

Lol

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2020, 06:43 PM
Will has to start using his eyes better to manipulate defensive players and maybe pump his some to keep them from jumping routes. That will come in time.

He will. That's next year. Baby steps.

Imagine where he'll be by year 3, 4, and maybe 5?

Todd4State
11-22-2020, 06:45 PM
Lol

That's what I said when I read your posts the past two months regarding Leach.

Todd4State
11-22-2020, 06:48 PM
He will. That's next year. Baby steps.

Imagine where he'll be by year 3, 4, and maybe 5?

Exactly. He's only going to get better. And he'll have more weapons at his disposal. Our team just has to grow up. Playing as a freshman or sophomore in the SEC is brutal unless you are a Jeffrey Simmons type phenom. And even then Simmons grew as a player here.

R2Dawg
11-22-2020, 08:52 PM

Watch the game for yourself. It wasn't the same. Sure Kirby will say that because if he doesn't he looks like an idiot coach. Walleys great TD was man to man. Commentators even talked about it. Look at how ineffective our O was in second half. Sorry the truth hurts.

Hey I hope his O works here because that is best for MSU but one good half against UGA doesn't prove anything. I just said lets see how it plays out over several games. Everyone forgot LSU? Everyone said we shouldn't have drank the koolaid now I am saying pump the brakes and everyone is freaking out.

Can't help some people. Some of you are so sensitive and take the bait so easy.

messageboardsuperhero
11-22-2020, 09:19 PM

I do not disagree, but that is just how it looked to me. They did not look to be running any exotic blitz packages or stunts- their DL just beat us at the end of the game. We had the advantage the first three quarters, but in the fourth quarter they won the LOS.

Their DL had a talent, depth, and experience advantage. Not sure if it?s really any more complicated than that.

messageboardsuperhero
11-22-2020, 09:29 PM
Watch the game for yourself. It wasn't the same. Sure Kirby will say that because if he doesn't he looks like an idiot coach. Walleys great TD was man to man. Commentators even talked about it. Look at how ineffective our O was in second half. Sorry the truth hurts.

Hey I hope his O works here because that is best for MSU but one good half against UGA doesn't prove anything. I just said lets see how it plays out over several games. Everyone forgot LSU? Everyone said we shouldn't have drank the koolaid now I am saying pump the brakes and everyone is freaking out.

Can't help some people. Some of you are so sensitive and take the bait so easy.

I watched the entire game. UGA did play SOME man to man, but they were overwhelmingly dropping in zone and rushing 3-4. We know this offense feasts against man, but we were pretty solid against zone tonight until their DL took over in the fourth quarter.

They were running the same scheme in the fourth quarter, but their LBs were dropping a little shallower and jumping the short routes. I thought we had some opportunities in the intermediate-deep passing game, but we could not hold blocks long enough to take advantage.

You all do realize that Georgia is pretty okay on defense right? What exactly were your expectations for us offensively in this game, and how did we fail to meet them? We moved the ball better and scored more points than anyone other than Bama and Florida- two of the top three or four offenses in America.

Of course we will let the season play out, but there is nothing wrong with recognizing a little progress. Rogers is just a true freshman making his second career start.

Coach34
11-22-2020, 09:33 PM
Our guys played their ass off. Best game we played all season
Georgia players were not excited even a little bit to play us. They had zero intensity or fire during the game
Georgia's D looked like they hated playing what they were playing
I like Rogers as a QB- he will get nothing but better.
Dont bet on the Egg Bowl

maroonmania
11-22-2020, 09:37 PM
Georgia players were not excited even a little bit to play us. They had zero intensity or fire during the game
Dont bet on the Egg Bowl

Egg bowl is going to be rough with our depleted defense, especially in the secondary. Even with Daniels that was still a fairly pedestrian offense from GA that put up 31 on us. I could easily see OM putting up 50.

HoopsDawg
11-22-2020, 10:31 PM
Dont bet on the Egg Bowl

You said it. UGA plays with more intensity in their spring game.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2020, 10:33 PM
You said it. UGA plays with more intensity in their spring game.

Why do we do this to ourselves? Why? What’s the point?

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2020, 10:33 PM
Egg bowl is going to be rough with our depleted defense, especially in the secondary. Even with Daniels that was still a fairly pedestrian offense from GA that put up 31 on us. I could easily see OM putting up 50.

If we can get it moved to Dec 19, we’ll have our pass rushers back

DownwardDawg
11-22-2020, 10:46 PM

Some people are just wired that way. They can't help it. If we beat Florida, well Florida sucks. Not we were just better. If their neighbor kills a giant buck, somebody must have scared the buck and made him get up and walk by the neighbor. Some folks are just like that.

Commercecomet24
11-22-2020, 10:49 PM
Some people are just wired that way. They can't help it. If we beat Florida, well Florida sucks. Not we were just better. If their neighbor kills a giant buck, somebody must have scared the buck and made him get up and walk by the neighbor. Some folks are just like that.

I'll never understand people with that mentality either.

Todd4State
11-23-2020, 01:07 AM

Yes but we have a higher percentage of fans that are like that.

maroonmania
11-23-2020, 06:17 PM

I don't know but if anyone had a reason to not want to be there playing it was our guys. Georgia's biggest problem is not playing without emotion, its that they have just continually regressed as a football team through the entire season. Anyone who hasn't seen that hasn't been watching them.