PDA

View Full Version : Toughness and grit tonight, fellas

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-21-2020, 10:32 PM
Toughness and grit will carry you far in life. Not sulking. Sucking it up. Moving on. Handling business and adversity. These guys on our team are showing it tonight.

SaintDawg
11-21-2020, 10:45 PM
Great showing. Proud of the guys!

Hambone
11-21-2020, 10:49 PM
Agreed. Played their asses off.

Looks like some groundwork was just laid before our eyes.

Dawgface
11-21-2020, 10:52 PM
Agreed. Played their asses off.

Looks like some groundwork was just laid before our eyes.

And it certainly looked liked a team that believes in their head coach.

Lord McBuckethead
11-21-2020, 11:00 PM
Hell of a game. I, along with most fans, like to win. But what we love is our guys playing hard and competing. Other than UF and Alabama, it looks like we have the talent on roster to play ball. As the system gets clearer and we can expand to those plays that work down field, we are going to be alright.

Great effort on defense tonight. All they could do was toss 50 50 balls, and when our dudes are all literally playing all the snaps on the back end, can't fault that. We really did bring the heat in the front 7.

Todd4State
11-21-2020, 11:18 PM
Hell of a game. I, along with most fans, like to win. But what we love is our guys playing hard and competing. Other than UF and Alabama, it looks like we have the talent on roster to play ball. As the system gets clearer and we can expand to those plays that work down field, we are going to be alright.

Great effort on defense tonight. All they could do was toss 50 50 balls, and when our dudes are all literally playing all the snaps on the back end, can't fault that. We really did bring the heat in the front 7.

Most of our guys just have to develop as football players- and they will. And we'll add talent around them and we will get better.

hp22
11-21-2020, 11:22 PM
I enjoyed watching that. Great effort from everyone on that field. Tip of the hat to guys like Eiland, Thompson, Spencer and Kobe Jones.

Martin Emerson, Brule, Craft, Watson, Crumedy....and several others....they bust their ass. Then our offense has MULTIPLE Freshman leading the way. We took a step today.

Commercecomet24
11-21-2020, 11:33 PM
We got a bunch of freaking fighters left on this team. Leach has separated the wheat from the chaff. If we had our normal starters on defense we win this by 10+. Leach is only going to keep players who want to compete. I'm proud of what I saw tonight from the players and coaches. How easy would it have been to say we're missing a bunch of players, playing big bad uga at their home to just mail this one in. The players Nor coaches did that tonight. If this was JoMo we would've lost by 50.

Dawgcap
11-21-2020, 11:35 PM
Said it another thread. To get rid of a crappy smell you have to clean the turds out of the room.
Everyone says we are behind Mississippi in this in this and we are. Matt Luke wasn?t a great coach but he brought in and disciplined their team. Moorhead didn?t and Leach never had a spring to clean the turds out. When players quit in the middle of a season you have problems. These would of been taken care of in a normal season.
We now have players representing us and themselves in a positive light. Support now is imperative. Never been prouder

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-22-2020, 12:36 AM
Agree Dawgcap. I?m not a social media guy, but I hope our fans let these players know we appreciate the effort and for representing not only the team, but themselves and their families in a positive light.

hp22
11-22-2020, 01:37 AM
I dont know that I've seen Brule, Emerson or Craft take one play at half speed any point this year. They bring it.

I dont care when the egg bowl is. Next week or next month. I want to win. Let's continue to build.

R2Dawg
11-22-2020, 04:17 PM
Toughness and grit will carry you far in life. Not sulking. Sucking it up. Moving on. Handling business and adversity. These guys on our team are showing it tonight.

Agree, I'll take a bunch of 1-3 star tough, gritty guys over team of 5 star spoiled talent any day. And BTW probably beat your team of 5star. When you do both, like Bama does a lot, well then you got something. 5 stars don't get you jack.