PDA

View Full Version : Leach is doing the right thing tonight...This is how you build culture....

BogeyGolfer
11-21-2020, 09:22 AM
respect and pride. You take the men who want to play, and you suit up and play the game. This is how you gain the respect of your team, the quitters can stay behind. ( when I say quitters, i'm not referring to those who are sick or forced to sit out due to covid procedures)

kojak
11-21-2020, 09:31 AM
Yes. And the players that are suiting up deserve our overwhelming support and respect.

msstate7
11-21-2020, 09:35 AM
Did we have a choice?

TNDawg35
11-21-2020, 09:40 AM
Did we have a choice?

Yes. We are under the limit and could have canceled.

robert
11-21-2020, 09:42 AM
My biggest concern is the team might be looking past Georgia with an eye on the Ole Miss game***

msstate7
11-21-2020, 09:44 AM
Yes. We are under the limit and could have canceled.

Thanks.

TheLostDawg
11-21-2020, 09:48 AM
https://twitter.com/GrindSimmons94/status/1329930061059923972?s=19

Cooterpoot
11-21-2020, 09:49 AM
Did we have a choice?

Not really. Did everything we could to get out of it.

TheLostDawg
11-21-2020, 09:54 AM
Glad we have some high profile guys acknowledging the heart and toughness it takes to stay when everyone else is quitting around you. We have true leaders staying and a lot of really good young guys getting experience. Hopefully we are heading back to where we were during the Dak years (leadership and the team pushing each other every practice/staying after+ give everything they have every play, even if it entails stepping on an opposing player or two).

msbulldog
11-21-2020, 10:02 AM
I'll be supporting my team! 100% HAIL STATE!!

bluelightstar
11-21-2020, 10:10 AM
What? Leach (and Cohen) wanted this game canceled. I guess you think the SEC is ?building character?.

Cowbell
11-21-2020, 10:52 AM
Will fully support our guys that play tonight - proud of them. But I took Georgia and the points.

Quaoarsking
11-21-2020, 10:52 AM
What? Leach (and Cohen) wanted this game canceled. I guess you think the SEC is ?building character?.

That is inconsistent with both the rules and what the media is reporting.

Cooterpoot
11-21-2020, 10:57 AM
That is inconsistent with both the rules and what the media is reporting.

It's true. The SEC is basically forcing us to play. The kids want to play, but it's a poorly handled situation by the SEC.

BogeyGolfer
11-21-2020, 11:20 AM
Based on my understanding of the rules ....

Hambone
11-21-2020, 11:43 AM
Correct, we were told we could cancel this game and the coaches and players were asked. The team decided they wanted to go ahead and play.

Cooterpoot
11-21-2020, 11:50 AM
Correct, we were told we could cancel this game and the coaches and players were asked. The team decided they wanted to go ahead and play.

This is false. Our admins and coaches tried to work out something with the SEC but we were "asked" to play by the conference.

BogeyGolfer
11-21-2020, 11:53 AM
Would SEC ask us to play UGA but not ask Texas AM, LSU and others who have missed two weeks to play CBS games.. Sorry, I ain?t buying it...

Quaoarsking
11-21-2020, 11:58 AM
This is false. Our admins and coaches tried to work out something with the SEC but we were "asked" to play by the conference.

Sorry, but that's totally inconsistent with everything that's out there, with SEC rules, and with what the SEC has already done with games that are more important. For example, Alabama/LSU is a bigger rivalry, a bigger TV draw, and doesn't have an available makeup date since Alabama will presumably be in the SECCG on 12/19.

Cooterpoot
11-21-2020, 12:00 PM
Would SEC ask us to play UGA but not ask Texas AM, LSU and others who have missed two weeks to play CBS games.. Sorry, I ain?t buying it...

We will miss our second game next week, IMO. But I can absolutely tell you we really had no choice. The SEC pushed us to play. We tried really hard to get out of it, but telling the conference no isn't really an option.

Hambone
11-21-2020, 12:02 PM
Sorry Cooter you usually have spot on info, but you have been misinformed this time.

Cooterpoot
11-21-2020, 12:03 PM
Sorry, but that's totally inconsistent with everything that's out there, with SEC rules, and with what the SEC has already done with games that are more important. For example, Alabama/LSU is a bigger rivalry, a bigger TV draw, and doesn't have an available makeup date since Alabama will presumably be in the SECCG on 12/19.

No it's not. It's well known what's happening. Lots of folks know what's happening. TV isn't even reporting we're at 49 players. There's a reason it's not being reported.

Cooterpoot
11-21-2020, 12:05 PM
Sorry Cooter you usually have spot on info, but you have been misinformed this time.

Same to you, we will have to disagree. If you ask around, I believe you'll find it's true. And we aren't the only team pushing the limits today in the SEC . But we're the worst.

Jarius
11-21-2020, 12:06 PM

No he hasn’t been. We petitioned the SEC to not play and they are making us play. That’s why the plane was delayed an hour yesterday.

Heydawg
11-21-2020, 12:10 PM
Just curious, how does the SEC ?make? a school play a game? It?s not like we aren?t already treated like the stepchild of the conference.

Quaoarsking
11-21-2020, 12:11 PM
No he hasn?t been. We petitioned the SEC to not play and they are making us play. That?s why the plane was delayed an hour yesterday.

If we have any injuries tonight, that's an 8-digit lawsuit waiting to happen. I am extremely skeptical the SEC would risk that over a game that won't matter.

Again, the Alabama-LSU game isn't going to be made up unless Alabama is available on 12/19. If the SEC let that happen, they can let this game be postponed.

Jarius
11-21-2020, 12:14 PM
If we have any injuries tonight, that's an 8-digit lawsuit waiting to happen. I am extremely skeptical the SEC would risk that over a game that won't matter.

Again, the Alabama-LSU game isn't going to be made up unless Alabama is available on 12/19. If the SEC let that happen, they can let this game be postponed.

Be skeptical if you want to be. We petitioned to not play and were told to play anyway. The reason that was off the record was for Georgia to be able to get into a NY6 bowl. That’s more money. It’s always about money.

Quaoarsking
11-21-2020, 12:17 PM
Be skeptical if you want to be. We petitioned to not play and were told to play anyway. The reason that was off the record was for Georgia to be able to get into a NY6 bowl. That’s more money. It’s always about money.

As if beating us on 11/21 instead of 12/19 (or not at all) was going to make Georgia any more likely to play in a NY6 bowl.

The SEC has delayed a bunch of games and outright canceled a marquee matchup. I don't have any inside information, but it is unfathomable they would break its established rules to force this game to happen today, and that Leach, Cohen, and Keenum would all silently roll over and allow it without a peep.

Jarius
11-21-2020, 12:21 PM
As if beating us on 11/21 instead of 12/19 (or not at all) was going to make Georgia any more likely to play in a NY6 bowl.

The SEC has delayed a bunch of games and outright canceled a marquee matchup. I don't have any inside information, but it is unfathomable they would break its established rules to force this game to happen today, and that Leach, Cohen, and Keenum would all silently roll over and allow it without a peep.

Ok. Ask other people on here who have sources within the department. IYOK said the same on genespage. Cooter has sources. The entire genespage staff is saying we tried to not play. I’m sure C34 heard the same. This is what happened. Whoever is saying otherwise is misinformed.

Quaoarsking
11-21-2020, 12:27 PM
Ok. Ask other people on here who have sources within the department. IYOK said the same on genespage. Cooter has sources. The entire genespage staff is saying we tried to not play. I’m sure C34 heard the same. This is what happened. Whoever is saying otherwise is misinformed.

Well, if that's true Sankey is a white collar criminal who must resign immediately and be held personally responsible for any injuries that happen tonight. Every back-of-the-phone-book lawyer in the South is licking their lips right now.

Jarius
11-21-2020, 12:39 PM
Well, if that's true Sankey is a white collar criminal who must resign immediately and be held personally responsible for any injuries that happen tonight. Every back-of-the-phone-book lawyer in the South is licking their lips right now.

It is complete bullshit that we are playing today. It’s not fair to the kids to go through this. We have 20 defensive players on scholarship that made the trip.

Bothrops
11-21-2020, 12:51 PM
This was our choice to play.

Jarius
11-21-2020, 12:59 PM
This was our choice to play.

Well we always have a choice. No one held a gun to our head. We asked to not play and the sec told us to play or forfeit.

Santiago
11-21-2020, 01:03 PM
respect and pride. You take the men who want to play, and you suit up and play the game. This is how you gain the respect of your team, the quitters can stay behind. ( when I say quitters, i'm not referring to those who are sick or forced to sit out due to covid procedures)

Good post, and agree. Unfortunate for those sick or covid procedures, but I am watching tonight's game with pride start to finish for these guys.

BankerDog
11-21-2020, 01:34 PM
For as many people who talk about snowflakes on here, you all crying about lawsuits are snowflakes. Real ball players play. Cohen and the crew may not have wanted to play, but you?re gonna find out a lot about our guys tonight. I?m excited to see how we compete

messageboardsuperhero
11-21-2020, 01:41 PM
Cooter is right on this. The players want to play because players always want to play. But coaches and admins did not want to have to play this game today with only 49 scholarship guys available.

And I agree with Cooter that there is some kind of understanding with the SEC that if we take one in the chin today for the good of the league and we have the same number or fewer available next week, they will let the EB be moved to 12/19. No inside info on that, but just a gut feeling.

Hambone
11-21-2020, 01:56 PM
So.......

“IF you guys play for us (The SEC) this weekend and get humiliated, We’ll let you move your rivalry game????”

That MAY be some of the dumbest logic I’ve ever read on this board. And there has been some pretty crazy crap on here.

messageboardsuperhero
11-21-2020, 02:16 PM
So.......

“IF you guys play for us (The SEC) this weekend and get humiliated, We’ll let you move your rivalry game????”

That MAY be some of the dumbest logic I’ve ever read on this board. And there has been some pretty crazy crap on here.

More like ?we desperately need to play as many games as possible for the TV money, and you guys playing short handed this week would be a big help. We need you to play, and if you?re in this same position or worse next week, we?ll talk about moving the EB date to a time at the end of the year when you have more than the 53 minimum available.?

It?s really not that crazy.

Hambone
11-21-2020, 02:21 PM
By that logic, wouldn’t they just MOVE this week??

Considering they have a full slate minus A&M/Ole Miss?

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2020, 02:26 PM
Whether or not Leach & Cohen wanted to play this game is irrelevant.

The thought is that if some guys step up tonight & they'll have a platform from which to lead for the rest of their career at MSU.

It's reasonable to say that all those 49 guys there tonight are "fox hole guys" & fox holes guys can lead because you can trust them under adversity

Lord McBuckethead
11-21-2020, 03:12 PM
Well we always have a choice. No one held a gun to our head. We asked to not play and the sec told us to play or forfeit.

That is exactly how everygame is probably figured, unless both teams can't go and you can reschedule it.

CaptainObvious
11-21-2020, 03:26 PM

That is absurd. They cannot make State forfeit without requiring other teams who were under the limit to also forfeit for not playing. I would love to be an attorney with that ammo to go to war with.

Jarius
11-21-2020, 05:01 PM
FWIW, Robbie Faulk just said the EB would probably be moved to Dec 19th.

msstate7
11-21-2020, 05:06 PM
FWIW, Robbie Faulk just said the EB would probably be moved to Dec 19th.

Good deal. Why though? If we can play tonight, why not next week? Seems pretty dumb to me

Mobile Bay
11-21-2020, 05:09 PM
Glad we have some high profile guys acknowledging the heart and toughness it takes to stay when everyone else is quitting around you. We have true leaders staying and a lot of really good young guys getting experience. Hopefully we are heading back to where we were during the Dak years (leadership and the team pushing each other every practice/staying after+ give everything they have every play, even if it entails stepping on an opposing player or two).

Dillon Day got caught on camera in the open doing the same thing that happens in the pit every play.

Mobile Bay
11-21-2020, 05:10 PM

Where are you getting this crap from?

ShotgunDawg
11-21-2020, 05:14 PM
Good deal. Why though? If we can play tonight, why not next week? Seems pretty dumb to me

My guess is that was the deal. Play tonight & we'll be able to move your rival game to Dec 19th. I don't want to play OM with 49

KOdawg1
11-21-2020, 05:16 PM
Where are you getting this crap from?

It's not crap. Idk why some of y'all can't understand this.

Todd4State
11-21-2020, 05:21 PM
My guess is that was the deal. Play tonight & we'll be able to move your rival game to Dec 19th. I don't want to play OM with 49

And if so that's a good move by Cohen. We're going to be undermanned anyway and yeah we'll probably lose but at least we'll lose with Heath, Wheat, and Jordan Davis.

Also- since Ole Miss hasn't been hit as hard by COVID there is a chance that they might get hit with it by then and have to sit some players out themselves whereas most of our guys will have immunity built up.

Mobile Bay
11-21-2020, 05:50 PM
It's not crap. Idk why some of y'all can't understand this.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Leach say, "Lets play, Arrr" at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Jarius
11-21-2020, 05:54 PM
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Leach say, "Lets play, Arrr" at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

It’s coming from people who cover the program for a living. Basically of them. Not the people in your post.

Mobile Bay
11-21-2020, 06:01 PM
It’s coming from people who cover the program for a living. Basically of them. Not the people in your post.

If you are too young not to know the people in my post, well I don't trust your judgement.

It's also been confirmed by none other than Abe Froman, the sausage king of Chicago.

DeltaChicagoDog
11-21-2020, 06:07 PM
If you are too young not to know the people in my post, well I don't trust your judgement.

It's also been confirmed by none other than Abe Froman, the sausage king of Chicago.

This is true. I saw him.

KOdawg1
11-21-2020, 06:07 PM

Whatever dude. Believe what you want to believe. I don't really care.

Commercecomet24
11-21-2020, 06:11 PM
I don't really know what all went down about tonight's game. I've heard different stories from players on the team, athletic dept people, boosters etc..and I'm not sure what to believe happened. The one thing I do know for a fact is the players going out there tonight want to be out there and are going to give everything they've got. They more than likely will get blown out but they deserve our respect and admiration. They're doing their best to represent us and I for one respect the heck out of them. I don't or will not have a negative thing to say about them. They're giving their all. And from what ive heard so are the coaches. Just my opinion which don't count for much.

Mobile Bay
11-21-2020, 06:11 PM
This is true. I saw him.

Last time I saw Abe he was giving money to two honkeys dressed as Hassidic diamond merchants so they could buy four fried chicken and a coke, and some dry white toast.

Jarius
11-21-2020, 06:12 PM

Post your way through it bud. It’s gonna be ok.

msstate7
11-21-2020, 06:12 PM

So we want to play tonight, but we wanna delay the egg next week?

Mobile Bay
11-21-2020, 06:13 PM
I don't really know what all went down about tonight's game. I've heard different stories from players on the team, athletic dept people, boosters etc..and I'm not sure what to believe happened. The one thing I do know for a fact is the players going out there tonight want to be out there and are going to give everything they've got. They more than likely will get blown out but they deserve our respect and admiration. They're doing their best to represent us and I for one respect the heck out of them. I don't or will not have a negative thing to say about them. They're giving their all. And from what ive heard so are the coaches. Just my opinion which don't count for much.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

dawgoneyall
11-21-2020, 06:13 PM
My biggest concern is the team might be looking past Georgia with an eye on the Ole Miss game***

Why the ***.

Commercecomet24
11-21-2020, 06:19 PM
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

One of my favorite passages.

Jack Lambert
11-21-2020, 06:39 PM
These 49 guys will be the core of the team to build on. I bet one thing they play thier asses off and don't quit.

msbulldog
11-21-2020, 07:09 PM
And smack somebody in the mouth! HAILSTATE!

Mobile Bay
11-21-2020, 07:12 PM
Post your way through it bud. It?s gonna be ok.

These guys eat at better places than we do. Seriously, the food there is really expensive. The soup is ****ing $10!

They also buy women. They have men sell them their daughters. They only ask how much for the little girl?

Dogbone
11-21-2020, 07:13 PM
Leave it all on the field. Hail State!!

Mobile Bay
11-21-2020, 07:17 PM
These 49 guys will be the core of the team to build on. I bet one thing they play thier asses off and don't quit.

These guys have found their inner pirate!

yjnkdawg
11-22-2020, 01:12 AM

I knew Jack was a smart man. :)