PDA

View Full Version : Two players away from forfeit

Dawgfan77
11-19-2020, 09:22 AM
Told y'all last weekend things were bad in Vegas.... well here we are with only 55 Scholarship players. Have to have 53 to play SEC games. You can blame it on Covid all you want but Leach and Cohn have destroyed what took 10 years to build.
Based on what I was told this week don't look for us to finish the season. CML can't get to key west fast enough

Activated Alpha
11-19-2020, 09:26 AM
Told y'all last weekend things were bad in Vegas.... well here we are with only 55 Scholarship players. Have to have 53 to play SEC games. You can blame it on Covid all you want but Leach and Cohn have destroyed what took 10 years to build.
Based on what I was told this week don't look for us to finish the season. CML can't get to key west fast enough

Holy shit, not this again. What would you have anyone do about the current situation? We all get it. Some players don't like him, but that's the way it is right now. The way this year is playing out, I really don't care if we play. We are going to be with Leach for at least 3 years. Stop with all this doom and gloom.

KOdawg1
11-19-2020, 09:30 AM
The best thing for us recruiting wise is to not play.

HoopsDawg
11-19-2020, 09:35 AM
We have Covid testing later today. If one scholarship player tests positive, we will have to cancel this weekend's game.

Dawgfan77
11-19-2020, 09:35 AM
Holy shit, not this again. What would you have anyone do about the current situation? We all get it. Some players don't like him, but that's the way it is right now. The way this year is playing out, I really don't care if we play. We are going to be with Leach for at least 3 years. Stop with all this doom and gloom.
I respect your opinion but here's the deal. Leach staff ran off several players that they didn't have too. It is doom and gloom because he made a decision to get rid of these players. Some of these players didn't opt out due to covid they opted out cause Leach is acting like a dumbass.

Mobile Bay
11-19-2020, 09:36 AM

You are misinformed.

If you have 53 or more and the appropriate positions have players, you must play.

You can play with as few as 11 players.

Mobile Bay
11-19-2020, 09:36 AM
I respect your opinion but here's the deal. Leach staff ran off several players that they didn't have too. It is doom and gloom because he made a decision to get rid of these players. Some of these players didn't opt out due to covid they opted out cause Leach is acting like a dumbass.

He had to cut out the rot. You obviously do not realize how bad it was.

Dawgfan77
11-19-2020, 09:37 AM

That's the worst thing for recruiting. Word is getting out about how bad it is.

bluelightstar
11-19-2020, 09:41 AM

Coach Jolly Roger has absolutely made us worse than we had to be. I’m not saying whether he will or won’t work long term (though my suspicion is a coaching search in a few years), but his approach and stubbornness are also responsible for this disaster just as much as any player.

Dawgfan77
11-19-2020, 09:43 AM
You can cut out the rot on you can bad mouth cuss out call kids names be condescending in front of teammates and push kids to the limit until they finally say F U leach.
You don't realize how bad it is.

Matt3467
11-19-2020, 09:44 AM

So you think we're barely fielding a team without COVID?

Cooterpoot
11-19-2020, 09:44 AM

They ran off Marcus Murphy (and Murphy really chose to leave but it was because of his coach chewing on his ass) and Kylin Hill. That's all. A couple got the boot for breaking rules they knew about. The rest chose to leave due to lack of playing time or whatever reason they choose to use. But, no, Leach hasn't "run off" a bunch of players.

KOdawg1
11-19-2020, 09:45 AM

So going out and getting skull drug by Georgia and Ole Miss would be better than not playing? Wrong.

If you don't play, you can blame it on covid.

Offshore Dawg
11-19-2020, 09:47 AM

This all day long and all week long.

HoopsDawg
11-19-2020, 09:50 AM
So you think we're barely fielding a team without COVID?

We only had 83 scholarship players due to tutorgate. We've had 17 opt outs and transfers since the spring. So we're down to only 66 scholarship players right there that have nothing to do with Covid. Then injuries have taken us down to 54-55 available players.

Matt3467
11-19-2020, 09:55 AM
We only had 83 scholarship players due to tutorgate. We've had 17 opt outs and transfers since the spring. So we're down to only 66 scholarship players right there that have nothing to do with Covid. Then injuries have taken us down to 54-55 available players.

Tutorgate wasn't Leach's fault so that's another handicap he's had to deal with since coming here but are you also saying opt outs have nothing to do with COVID?

Dawgfan77
11-19-2020, 09:57 AM
They ran off Marcus Murphy (and Murphy really chose to leave but it was because of his coach chewing on his ass) and Kylin Hill. That's all. A couple got the boot for breaking rules they knew about. The rest chose to leave due to lack of playing time or whatever reason they choose to use. But, no, Leach hasn't "run off" a bunch of players.
You and both know why those players were kicked off due to leach archaic rules...

HoopsDawg
11-19-2020, 09:59 AM
Tutorgate wasn't Leach's fault so that's another handicap he's had to deal with since coming here but are you also saying opt outs have nothing to do with COVID?

Did I say tutorgate was Leach's fault? The only opt out that may be Covid related is Pickering. So not really.

Jack Lambert
11-19-2020, 10:00 AM
I thought it was Moorhead who set our program back years. That is what everyone was saying this time last season. So either Moorhead screwed up and Leach is stuck trying to fix it or Moorehead was not the problem and should still be our coach. I am glad I don't have to sit around some of your families table for Thanksgiving. A Lot of you probably can't decide should I eat the ham or turkey. Y'all are just comical at this point. Everyone is laughing at us. Leach isn't going anywhere so get over it.

HancockCountyDog
11-19-2020, 10:04 AM
I actually agree that it is best that we stop playing - blame everything on Covid and just focus on next year.

HoopsDawg
11-19-2020, 10:07 AM
I thought it was Moorhead who set our program back years. That is what everyone was saying this time last season. So either Moorhead screwed up and Leach is stuck trying to fix it or Moorehead was not the problem and should still be our coach. I am glad I don't have to sit around some of your families table for Thanksgiving. A Lot of you probably can't decide should I eat the ham or turkey. Y'all are just comical at this point. Everyone is laughing at us. Leach isn't going anywhere so get over it.

Just b/c Leach has been a disaster this year doesn't mean Moorhead should still be the coach.

Extendedcab
11-19-2020, 10:09 AM
You and both know why those players were kicked off due to leach archaic rules...

And what rules do you consider archaic?

HoopsDawg
11-19-2020, 10:11 AM
And what rules do you consider archaic?

booting a player for 1 positive weed test. Most schools it takes 3 failed tests.

Jack Lambert
11-19-2020, 10:11 AM
I actually agree that it is best that we stop playing - blame everything on Covid and just focus on next year.

I think regardless there will be plenty of guys to fill the roster next season. Got to figure with this year not county for illegality there will not be room on a lot of teams so there will be a lot of guys in the transfer portal to pick up and or many highschool available to sign. This could end up being good.

Jack Lambert
11-19-2020, 10:13 AM
You all need to remember that If all teams play 10 games at best only 7 teams in the SEC will have a regular winning season.

HoopsDawg
11-19-2020, 10:20 AM
I think regardless there will be plenty of guys to fill the roster next season. Got to figure with this year not county for illegality there will not be room on a lot of teams so there will be a lot of guys in the transfer portal to pick up and or many highschool available to sign. This could end up being good.

We can only sign 26 and that includes transfers. Most of our seniors are going to move on. We will not have 80 players on scholarship next season.

StarkVegasSteve
11-19-2020, 10:21 AM
It's best for us to go ahead and finish out the season. Players like Walley, Heath, Marks, Johnson, Forbes, etc. need all the reps they can get against SEC competition. This is a time we need to start trying some new players out as well. Remember, even if you shut it down it's not like you can continue to practice. We would be done with team activities until after the new year. Also, remember that there's no guarantee we'll have a spring this time around. It's likely but I'm certain it won't be normal spring practices. And what does shutting it down really accomplish at this point? Are people going to magic forget we suck and have no offense? NO. They're probably more likely to say that we used COVID as an excuse to shut it down which will make us look even worse. That shows no confidence from the coaching staff.

MadDawg
11-19-2020, 10:28 AM
booting a player for 1 positive weed test. Most schools it takes 3 failed tests.

Wait. Does anyone really believe this?

Matt3467
11-19-2020, 10:32 AM
Did I say tutorgate was Leach's fault? The only opt out that may be Covid related is Pickering. So not really.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the opt out rule put in place because of Covid?

Mobile Bay
11-19-2020, 10:34 AM
You can cut out the rot on you can bad mouth cuss out call kids names be condescending in front of teammates and push kids to the limit until they finally say F U leach.
You don't realize how bad it is.

You mean do the same things Nick Saban, Bear Bryant, Pat Dye, Darrel K Royal, Steve Spurrier, and any other great coach you can name does or did?

Foootball isn't for pussies who get there feelings hurt.

HoopsDawg
11-19-2020, 10:36 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the opt out rule put in place because of Covid?

We only have 4 opt outs. Kylin and Murphy are listed as opt outs, they were booted. Tyler Williams opted out for other reasons. And then Pickering.

Matt3467
11-19-2020, 10:40 AM

We only have 4 opt outs. Kylin and Murphy are listed as opt outs, they were booted. Tyler Williams opted out for other reasons. And then Pickering.

We've had 13 transfers? I know we've had several but thought it was around 7 or 8 not 13.

TNDawg35
11-19-2020, 10:44 AM
So Moorehead let’s the patients run the Asylum, and everyone bitches. Then Leach comes in and says either get with program and do what is expected, or get the 17 out. Then when “certain” people can’t take the heat and get their feelings hurt cause Leach/Arnett isn’t babying them, people wanna bitch.

Some of y’all need to make up your mind about who is at fault.

Oh and we all know.... Cohen is a horrible AD, Leach can’t run an offense against a drop 8, Mullenz is the greatest coach all time, and recruits are jumping ship***

I miss anything?

PendingTransaction
11-19-2020, 10:44 AM
Don't worry guys. This 2021 class will have 22 freshman who start and be better than everyone on the current roster. You know, "his players."

Cooterpoot
11-19-2020, 10:50 AM

Those kids knew the rules though. And one of them had been in trouble before. The rules are the rules no matter what the job is.

Cooterpoot
11-19-2020, 10:53 AM
Anybody that thinks this staff cusses kids more than that Mullen staff is crazy. Getting called soft and a ***** is way down the cussing pole. I can assure you, Hev went waaaaay beyond that.

HancockCountyDog
11-19-2020, 10:55 AM

Depending on how good the player is - that number is flexible at most schools.

Extendedcab
11-19-2020, 10:55 AM

I actually applaud Leach on this one for several reasons.

1) Push a young person to be better than they think they are
2) Build a team with people that not only wants to succeed, but knows what it takes to do it (not only in sports but in life)
3) Teach young people that there are consequences in life - do "X" and the consequence is "Y" and you don't always get to chose what "Y" is - especially when "X" is negative
4) Provide more structure than they may have had growing up

Is this pushback a Millennial thing, do anything you want attitude as long as I am not physically hurting anyone else? I miss the days when kids looked and acted like they had a purpose in life. I miss:

Tucked in shirts
Button down shirts
Neat hair - crew cuts were the norm when I was a kid
No drinking until 18 (beer)
No DOPE at all of any kind - not only would it disqualify you from sports but it would get you expelled from school as well
Poor grades (less than a C average) disqualified you from extracurricular activities
etc.

PGHBulldogBG
11-19-2020, 11:01 AM
The issue right now is 100 percent on Cohen for hiring Moorhead in the first place and the debacle after the Egg Bowl. He should?ve either fired him then when coaches like Drinkwitz were still available or kept him another year. If he hired Neal Brown when he had the chance after Mullen I would bet a lot of money we wouldn?t be in this situation. While I don?t think Leach will work here, he does get a pass this year due to COVID and the big mess he inherited. I kind of wish Moorhead would?ve stayed another year now knowing that Chadwell is out there and is available and has a really small buy out. Yes, I know he had some NCAA issues, but nothing compared to Freeze and people through around his name. He is the best coach out there for a school like Miss State. I have a feeling USC will hire Napier over him though and that will come back to bite them

Hot Rock
11-19-2020, 11:05 AM
Leach will succeed here and when he does, I will be screaming my head off at you guys for all your doom and gloom.

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-19-2020, 11:26 AM
I personally watched Mullen dress down in extreme language players, coaches, video staff, etc his first year here. Leaving because of that is an excuse and weak.

Johnson85
11-19-2020, 11:29 AM
Those kids knew the rules though. And one of them had been in trouble before. The rules are the rules no matter what the job is.

Have we really kicked kids off the team for one failed drug test?

Jack Lambert
11-19-2020, 11:32 AM
We can only sign 26 and that includes transfers. Most of our seniors are going to move on. We will not have 80 players on scholarship next season.

I think you are wrong. Ole Miss signed more than 26 when they came off restrictions.

https://247sports.com/college/ole-miss/Season/2019-Football/Commits/

StarkVegasSteve
11-19-2020, 11:33 AM
I personally watched Mullen dress down in extreme language players, coaches, video staff, etc his first year here. Leaving because of that is an excuse and weak.

See this is where I'll give Leach a little bit of a reprieve. Mullen, Hev, and Co. were doing that from Day 1 when they stepped in the building. Those first winter workouts and spring practice was a gut check for a lot of players, coaches, and support staff. I remember hearing multiple stories of Dan's first meeting with the trainers, managers, support staff, etc. and he literally looked all of them in the face and said I'd fire every one of you if I could because my program doesn't employ losers. I believe that a few of these opt outs, transfers, or whatever you want to call them would've been solved in the spring. Now, the thing with Dan was that he wasn't cussing just to do it. He had a point he was trying to make as well. And he got that point across very quickly.

TNDawg35
11-19-2020, 11:39 AM
The issue right now is 100 percent on Cohen for hiring Moorhead in the first place and the debacle after the Egg Bowl. He should?ve either fired him then when coaches like Drinkwitz were still available or kept him another year. If he hired Neal Brown when he had the chance after Mullen I would bet a lot of money we wouldn?t be in this situation. While I don?t think Leach will work here, he does get a pass this year due to COVID and the big mess he inherited. I kind of wish Moorhead would?ve stayed another year now knowing that Chadwell is out there and is available and has a really small buy out. Yes, I know he had some NCAA issues, but nothing compared to Freeze and people through around his name. He is the best coach out there for a school like Miss State. I have a feeling USC will hire Napier over him though and that will come back to bite them

The Moorehead debacle was on Keenum. Cohen had made it clear Moorehead was done after the egg bowl. When we won, Keenum told Cohen we couldn?t fire a coach who was 2-0 in the egg bow and back to back bowls. After the Gay/Schrader and Bowl performance, Keenum finally said ok he?s gone. Then Cohen fired him.

Napier was interested and was having serious talks until Keenum renighed. Once he did, Napier got butthurt and said eat shit when we came back to him the 2nd time.

That?s when Cohen was going with Judge and he was bringing in Will Hall and gonna be a ?CEO? type coach until the Giants came calling. I honestly think it would have been a good hire as long as he brought in a good staff and from all names I heard, he was.

Now the Moorehead hire was labeled as a great hire by literally everyone in the CFB.

The only thing I fought Cohen on is I would have went Satterfield instead of Moorhead.

HoopsDawg
11-19-2020, 11:51 AM
I think you are wrong. Ole Miss signed more than 26 when they came off restrictions.

No, they could count more players back than we can.

HoopsDawg
11-19-2020, 11:52 AM
We've had 13 transfers? I know we've had several but thought it was around 7 or 8 not 13.

Yes. 13 transfers.

DLGDawg
11-19-2020, 11:57 AM
The Moorehead debacle was on Keenum. Cohen had made it clear Moorehead was done after the egg bowl. When we won, Keenum told Cohen we couldn?t fire a coach who was 2-0 in the egg bow and back to back bowls. After the Gay/Schrader and Bowl performance, Keenum finally said ok he?s gone. Then Cohen fired him.

Napier was interested and was having serious talks until Keenum renighed. Once he did, Napier got butthurt and said eat shit when we came back to him the 2nd time.

That?s when Cohen was going with Judge and he was bringing in Will Hall and gonna be a ?CEO? type coach until the Giants came calling. I honestly think it would have been a good hire as long as he brought in a good staff and from all names I heard, he was.

Now the Moorehead hire was labeled as a great hire by literally everyone in the CFB.

The only thing I fought Cohen on is I would have went Satterfield instead of Moorhead.

Off topic, but I saw where Judge got into a fist fight with one of his coaches. There's you some fire !!

confucius say
11-19-2020, 12:02 PM
You mean do the same things Nick Saban, Bear Bryant, Pat Dye, Darrel K Royal, Steve Spurrier, and any other great coach you can name does or did?

And hevesy and mullen and crew. At least the cussing out and condescending part.

confucius say
11-19-2020, 12:05 PM
Leach will succeed here and when he does, I will be screaming my head off at you guys for all your doom and gloom.

Define succeed. Bc even if he averages 7-5 like dan did, the goalposts will move.

Cooterpoot
11-19-2020, 12:10 PM
Have we really kicked kids off the team for one failed drug test?

Yes. But those kids knew the rule. Two out of 80 kids didn't follow the rule.

Cooterpoot
11-19-2020, 12:10 PM

He's correct.

FISHDAWG
11-19-2020, 12:12 PM
So going out and getting skull drug by Georgia and Ole Miss would be better than not playing? Wrong.

If you don't play, you can blame it on covid.

and yet people here are calling our players quitters** .... I heard Leach on the radio this am say we were playing Georgia and if there was a covid threat he was unaware of it but he was sure the media would let him know so he could plan accordingly ... another beaut from Leach - I loved it. I think we need to finish if possible and incorporate this season into the learning curve. Maybe the taste of this season will remain with the team and help drive better determination.

Cooterpoot
11-19-2020, 12:14 PM

Correct except the Moorhead being a great hire part. SI wrote an article proclaiming him the next great thing. Lots of people didn't have the same opinion.

Cowbell
11-19-2020, 12:43 PM

Agreed

Dawgfan77
11-19-2020, 12:48 PM
No he won't. We basically hired Ballard at the end of his career.

msu15
11-19-2020, 12:55 PM
Man you are clueless

CaptainObvious
11-19-2020, 01:17 PM

You must have a pussified baby that was on the team. I?m sure he is a little sweetie-pie and the apple of your eye, but any player that walked because of Leach?s tough coaching style might as well have the sex change.

SPMT
11-19-2020, 01:18 PM

Amen!

Saw the same.

msbulldog
11-19-2020, 01:21 PM

And Mullen, Hev, Grantham and the rest of that crew.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-19-2020, 01:41 PM
Steve said on boneyard it's going to take at least 2 years to get back to full numbers.

Crazy that Leach was able to find dudes who meet his requirements in a state with legal weed and find disciplined players out on the west coast and now we have guys quitting because he's too tough on them.

HoopsDawg
11-19-2020, 01:51 PM
Steve said on boneyard it's going to take at least 2 years to get back to full numbers.

Crazy that Leach was able to find dudes who meet his requirements in a state with legal weed and find disciplined players out on the west coast and now we have guys quitting because he's too tough on them.

It's not that simple. Leach didn't recruit these players. Leach hasn't really formed relationships with most of these players. We haven't lost 18 players b/c Leach is being too tough on them. There are a variety of reasons.

Quaoarsking
11-19-2020, 03:10 PM
The mod team needs to change the thread title. If we don't have enough players, the game is postponed, not forfeited. We didn't forfeit to Auburn.

PGHBulldogBG
11-19-2020, 03:10 PM
I am all for players following rules, but to legitimately kick players off the team for failing a drug test just for pot is ridiculous if that?s really true. I will hold off on commenting further until it?s discovered if that is a true fact or not, but if it is Leach is just digging himself a bigger hole

Johnson85
11-19-2020, 03:19 PM
Yes. But those kids knew the rule. Two out of 80 kids didn't follow the rule.

I can't believe 78 out of 80 football players on an SEC team have not smoked weed since August, or whenever drug testing started under Leach (do they test in the summer?). If that's true, kudos to our players because that would be way more compliance than most major programs.

Quaoarsking
11-19-2020, 03:20 PM
I am all for players following rules, but to legitimately kick players off the team for failing a drug test just for pot is ridiculous if that?s really true. I will hold off on commenting further until it?s discovered if that is a true fact or not, but if it is Leach is just digging himself a bigger hole

I don't know if it's true either, but if they were told ahead of time what would happen after a positive test, they have no leg to stand on.

Jack Lambert
11-19-2020, 03:54 PM
No, they could count more players back than we can.

I kind of have a feeling the rule will be relaxed a little this year. Isn't that an SEC rule?

Dawgfan77
11-19-2020, 03:58 PM
The mod team needs to change the thread title. If we don't have enough players, the game is postponed, not forfeited. We didn't forfeit to Auburn.

If we don't have enough players we can't play any games so we have to forfeit. Rumors swirling around that we won't travel tomorrow if we get one positive test

somebodyshotmypaw
11-19-2020, 04:02 PM
Is this pushback a Millennial thing, do anything you want attitude as long as I am not physically hurting anyone else? I miss the days when kids looked and acted like they had a purpose in life. I miss:

Tucked in shirts
Button down shirts
Neat hair - crew cuts were the norm when I was a kid
No drinking until 18 (beer)
No DOPE at all of any kind - not only would it disqualify you from sports but it would get you expelled from school as well
Poor grades (less than a C average) disqualified you from extracurricular activities
etc.

I miss those days also. Many think that "kids have changed". The truth is that kids haven't changed. Instead our expectations of them have changed. We don't demand as much. We don't expect as much. We don't force them to achieve as much.

Extendedcab
11-19-2020, 04:04 PM
I kind of have a feeling the rule will be relaxed a little this year. Isn't that an SEC rule?

Oh Perfect, if they can't pass test 1, reduce the standard and if they can't pass test 2 then reduce the standard again and if they can't pass test 3 reduce the standard again until anyone barely breathing can pass it.

What a joke, do we not strive to be all we can be anymore, or do we just settle for the lowest common denominator in human behavior? We will soon be a nation of do nothings, a people that do not accept responsibility or have any inkling of what it means!

Dawgfan77
11-19-2020, 04:19 PM
Down to one positive test tomorrow and we are done for Saturday one more injury or transfer and we are down for the year. Powers Warren now In portal

FISHDAWG
11-19-2020, 04:21 PM
Down to one positive test tomorrow and we are done for Saturday one more injury or transfer and we are down for the year. Powers Warren now In portal

anyone know the story on this ? ...... I don't even know the guy

Quaoarsking
11-19-2020, 04:23 PM
If we don't have enough players we can't play any games so we have to forfeit. Rumors swirling around that we won't travel tomorrow if we get one positive test

Not correct. It will not be a forfeit. The game would be rescheduled to 12/19 or canceled if Georgia is playing in the SECCG that day.

It's also possible there is a larger schedule redoing to put the game on a different day, but it will never go down as a forfeit for us. Not a single game in all of college football this year affected by COVID has been forfeited.

BrunswickDawg
11-19-2020, 04:25 PM

His Dad is the commissioner of the Big 10. Is a JR, hasn't seen the field this year; only got on the field once last year.

Dawgfan77
11-19-2020, 04:26 PM
Not correct. It will not be a forfeit. The game would be rescheduled to 12/19 or canceled if Georgia is playing in the SECCG that day.

It's also possible there is a larger schedule redoing to put the game on a different day, but it will never go down as a forfeit for us. Not a single game in all of college football this year affected by COVID has been forfeited.

Your not understanding. We won't have enough players to make a game let alone a make up game. I know about the dates. It has nothing to do with dates it's about we won't have the players to meet the requirements to play the games.... not hard to understand

Cooterpoot
11-19-2020, 04:35 PM
Your not understanding. We won't have enough players to make a game let alone a make up game. I know about the dates. It has nothing to do with dates it's about we won't have the players to meet the requirements to play the games.... not hard to understand

Not true. But not far away either. We've got 60 players still. Injuries or opt outs could still get us, but we aren't there yet.

Dawgfan77
11-19-2020, 04:36 PM
Not true. But not far away either. We've got 60 players still. Injuries or opt outs could still get us, but we aren't there yet.

54 now. We had 55 before Warren opted out. Have to have 53

Offshore Dawg
11-19-2020, 04:37 PM
Just forfeit and save face

Quaoarsking
11-19-2020, 04:38 PM

Even if we can never make it up, it will NOT be a forfeit. There have been and will be 0 COVID-related college football forfeits, even with some games permanently canceled.

Wisconsin is 2-0, not 2-2.

Mobile Bay
11-19-2020, 04:42 PM

Converted to WR from tight end. I bet all those guys go before it's over.

Mobile Bay
11-19-2020, 04:44 PM
54 now. We had 55 before Warren opted out. Have to have 53

No we don't

Reading your posts I wonder if you can read, but lets try anyway.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/sec-announces-minimum-roster-requirements-for-its-2020-college-football-season-covid-19-protocols/#:~:text=SEC%20teams%20will%20need%20to,by%20the%2 0league%20on%20Friday.

SEC teams will need to have at least 53 scholarship players available, including a quarterback, seven offensive linemen and four defensive linemen, according to guidelines announced by the league on Friday. If a team can't meet the minimum requirements, it can choose to play anyway. Otherwise, its game will be rescheduled or declared a no contest.

HoopsDawg
11-19-2020, 04:45 PM

so we have 63 scholarship, uninjured players. 9 are quarantined. 54 available for UGA.

Can't offered any targeting penalties, injuries or positive tests during or after UGA or Egg Bowl gets canceled.

Bothrops
11-19-2020, 04:56 PM
We knew there would be attrition, but we don't have to make a new daily thread about it. Leach isn't going anywhere unless he quits, which I don't anticipate. Y'all got that in there...

Dawgfan77
11-19-2020, 04:59 PM
No we don't

Reading your posts I wonder if you can read, but lets try anyway.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/sec-announces-minimum-roster-requirements-for-its-2020-college-football-season-covid-19-protocols/#:~:text=SEC%20teams%20will%20need%20to,by%20the%2 0league%20on%20Friday.

We had 55 scholarships players able to play... we lost Warren we are now at 54...

You may need to reread that again but if you can't here is some math...55-1=54. We won't play with less than 53.... doesn't include walk-one has to be 53 scholarships

Cooterpoot
11-19-2020, 04:59 PM
so we have 63 scholarship, uninjured players. 9 are quarantined. 54 available for UGA.

Can't offered any targeting penalties, injuries or positive tests during or after UGA or Egg Bowl gets canceled.

But I think we might have more available next week. Not many, but a couple. Of course, particular unit numbers could get us too. It's all getting tight.

Dawgfan77
11-19-2020, 05:00 PM

I Don't expect UGA game to happen

Captain Falcon
11-19-2020, 05:02 PM

We have finished testing for the week and still have 54. All signs point to us playing Saturday night barring a late unforeseen change. We played Vandy with 55 two weeks ago.

Quaoarsking
11-19-2020, 05:03 PM

It may not, but if it doesn't it will not go down as a forfeit (loss) for us and will be made up in December if possible.

Mobile Bay
11-19-2020, 05:12 PM
We had 55 scholarships players able to play... we lost Warren we are now at 54...

You may need to reread that again but if you can't here is some math...55-1=54. We won't play with less than 53.... doesn't include walk-one has to be 53 scholarships

READ DIPSHIT

If a team can't meet the minimum requirements, it can choose to play anyway.

TNDawg35
11-19-2020, 05:23 PM
This board would be a lot easier and better to read if we would just make a sticky at the top that is a list of who hates Cohen and who hates Leach so the same damn people don’t have to make a thread everyday. It’s the same freaking people with the same freakin shit everyday.
Cohen sux, worst AD ever...
Cohen botched the baseball hire, even tho Schloss is the reason Schloss isn’t here. YEA read that again, Schloss agreed to the contract and terms, then decided to air some dirty laundry about himself that after the Cann accident, there was no way Cohen could hire him. People would have a field day with him if it had made it out.

Leach hates players...
Leach doesn’t form “relationships”
Kids will smoke pot...
Can’t kick a kid off for one failed drug test...
Can’t cuss players...
Leach is too hard, BUT Arnett is fine even tho every wk he says our defense sucks donkey NUTZ in a presser...

What the 17 do some of you think happens if you fail a drug test at work? Your ass is FIRED! Not oh well maybe I didn’t form a good enough relationship with my employee so its my fault he turned to drugs. Get that shit out of here...

Oh and for some of you, if you think Todd Grantham didn’t dog cause the shot of the defense, your nutz...

somebodyshotmypaw
11-19-2020, 05:25 PM
Oh Perfect, if they can't pass test 1, reduce the standard and if they can't pass test 2 then reduce the standard again and if they can't pass test 3 reduce the standard again until anyone barely breathing can pass it.

What a joke, do we not strive to be all we can be anymore, or do we just settle for the lowest common denominator in human behavior? We will soon be a nation of do nothings, a people that do not accept responsibility or have any inkling of what it means!

Yep. That is how the world is heading. If folks can't meet a standard, just lower the standard to nothing so that everyone can meet it.

RocketDawg
11-19-2020, 05:42 PM
Maybe archaic notion here - but wouldn't it have helped to still have athletic dorms so the athletes would be in their own controlled environment, their own bubble?

Todd4State
11-19-2020, 05:44 PM
This board would be a lot easier and better to read if we would just make a sticky at the top that is a list of who hates Cohen and who hates Leach so the same damn people don’t have to make a thread everyday. It’s the same freaking people with the same freakin shit everyday.
Cohen botched the baseball hire, even tho Schloss is the reason Schloss isn’t here. YEA read that again, Schloss agreed to the contract and terms, then decided to air some dirty laundry about himself that after the Cann accident, there was no way Cohen could hire him. People would have a field day with him if it had made it out.

Leach hates players...
Kids will smoke pot...
Can’t cuss players...
Leach is too hard, BUT Arnett is fine even tho every wk he says our defense sucks donkey NUTZ in a presser...

What the 17 do some of you think happens if you fail a drug test at work? Your ass is FIRED! Not oh well maybe I didn’t form a good enough relationship with my employee so its my fault he turned to drugs. Get that shit out of here...

Oh and for some of you, if you think Todd Grantham didn’t dog cause the shot of the defense, your nutz...

I have to spread some rep around so that you can get more rep.

It's hilarious to me-MSU fans when Moorhead was here- "We need discipline!". Cohen hires a guy known as a disciplinarian- "Why is Leach kicking all these players off the team and yelling at them !?"

Dawgfan77
11-19-2020, 05:46 PM
READ DIPSHIT

If a team can't meet the minimum requirements, it can choose to play anyway.

I can read jackass. I'm telling you that MSU WONT PLAY if we have less than 53. Can we we could but WE won't.
Jesus you try being information to the uninformed and some jackass tries to act big and bad. 17 off mobile or get some damn sources

Quaoarsking
11-19-2020, 05:51 PM
I can read jackass. I'm telling you that MSU WONT PLAY if we have less than 53. Can we we could but WE won't.
Jesus you try being information to the uninformed and some jackass tries to act big and bad. 17 off mobile or get some damn sources

You were misinformation, not information, as soon as you typed the word "forfeit."

Mobile Bay
11-19-2020, 05:51 PM

I did include the source when I first posted this and you were still saying we had to forfeit. Which is not true and now you have been called out on your crap.

Go become a Bama fan.

BrunswickDawg
11-19-2020, 05:59 PM
https://twitter.com/scoutstever/status/1329558219274989576?s=21

Dawgfan77
11-19-2020, 06:14 PM
I did include the source when I first posted this and you were still saying we had to forfeit. Which is not true and now you have been called out on your crap.

Go become a Bama fan.

Bama fan. Original
You know what I won't bring anymore inside information here. In fact peace out folks.
It's people like mobile that ain't got a GD clue. Good luck getting folks to post inside shit here anymore.
Hailstate

DeltaChicagoDog
11-19-2020, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=TNDawg35;1287022]This board would be a lot easier and better to read if we would just make a sticky at the top that is a list of who hates Cohen and who hates Leach so the same damn people don’t have to make a thread everyday. It’s the same freaking people with the same freakin shit everyday.

+1, man. Even in a thread about the 2004 Auburn team the Eeyore'ing was underway within 5 posts.

Cooterpoot
11-19-2020, 06:45 PM

We're playing. Unless someone gets hurt loading the plane, it's done.

Cooterpoot
11-19-2020, 06:47 PM
Bama fan. Original
You know what I won't bring anymore inside information here. In fact peace out folks.
It's people like mobile that ain't got a GD clue. Good luck getting folks to post inside shit here anymore.
Hailstate

I laughed, I cried, I saw a troll leaving.

BeardoMSU
11-19-2020, 06:58 PM
A mod still needs to update the title of this thread, since we, in fact, won't have to forfeit.

Dogbone
11-19-2020, 07:08 PM

You need to stay off this board for awhile. It's obvious you hate Leach but your pulling Lies and hate out of your ass. Leave!

Turfdawg67
11-19-2020, 07:16 PM
Bama fan. Original
Hailstate

Look, here's my deal... MS7 doesn't seem to post 17 times on your threads so you're good with me. But, if you are leaving, can you take a couple of self-proclaimed insiders (on this thread too) with you??

Mobile Bay
11-19-2020, 07:19 PM
Bama fan. Original
Hailstate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0BTdo6qGwo

Hambone
11-19-2020, 07:38 PM
So failed drug tests are archaic?

Bothrops
11-19-2020, 07:58 PM
Good luck getting folks to post inside shit here anymore.
Hailstate

Doesn't all shit come from the inside?

Commercecomet24
11-19-2020, 08:23 PM

Leach hates players...
Kids will smoke pot...
Can’t cuss players...

Wow! This maybe the greatest post ever made on here! Kudos!!! I can't rep this enough!

bulldawg28
11-19-2020, 08:25 PM
Regardless of what people want to say what's happening with the football program is not normal. Excluding Covid-19 this is uncanny. Parents will not allow their kids to come to state if they have equal options. The word is growing and spreading.

Todd4State
11-19-2020, 08:41 PM
Regardless of what people want to say what's happening with the football program is not normal. Excluding Covid-19 this is uncanny. Parents will not allow their kids to come to state if they have equal options. The word is growing and spreading.

Maybe word will spread that we're not a country club anymore and we'll actually get football players that can execute a high school offense instead of being coddled. I'd hate to lose Fabian Lovett's Dad.**

Cooterpoot
11-19-2020, 08:42 PM

Strange, we aren't losing recruits. Take that crap somewhere else.

Todd4State
11-19-2020, 08:42 PM
https://twitter.com/scoutstever/status/1329558219274989576?s=21

Sucks to lose our Big 10 connection.**

Cowbell
11-19-2020, 08:49 PM
Well that escalated quickly.....

HoopsDawg
11-19-2020, 09:34 PM

we will

bulldawg28
11-19-2020, 10:06 PM

Crap huh? Ok. You and your *insiders* will see.

bulldawg28
11-19-2020, 10:07 PM
Maybe word will spread that we're not a country club anymore and we'll actually get football players that can execute a high school offense instead of being coddled. I'd hate to lose Fabian Lovett's Dad.**

Where are they?

Mobile Bay
11-19-2020, 10:37 PM

It isn't normal I agree. Normal=average=mediocre.

2007 Alabama was abnormal and had about the same results. Only Saban had a spring and summer so nobody noticed how much rot he processed. Leach's first year at WSU, similar. You can have a winning program or you can have a bunch of entitled pussies. Pick one. Because the Venn diagram of the two does not overlap.

HoopsDawg
11-19-2020, 10:39 PM
It isn't normal I agree. Normal=average=mediocre.

2007 Alabama was abnormal and had about the same results. Only Saban had a spring and summer so nobody noticed how much rot he processed. Leach's first year at WSU, similar. You can have a winning program or you can have a bunch of entitled pussies. Pick one. Because the Venn diagram of the two does not overlap.

LOL, dude keeps talking about Saban's first year at Bama. LOL

msstate7
11-19-2020, 10:47 PM
LOL, dude keeps talking about Saban's first year at Bama. LOL

I think it's close to a mathematical certainty that we go 12-0 and play in the sec champ year 2. Saban did it

Liverpooldawg
11-19-2020, 10:54 PM
We hired a coach that was a TOTAL non fit for our current roster and everything we had been for over a decade. That was absolutely certain to totally destroy the program. It had to be a deliberate choice on whoever made the decision. If that wasn't the deliberate choice whoever made the decision should have someone granted power of attorney over their affairs. If it was deliberate, whoever it was made a HUGE longshot bet that Leach could rebuild it. If it doesn't work, and we are going to find out because we are stuck with him for a few years, it goes without saying that whoever did it will have possibly made the worst decision in the entire history of MSU athletics. Given our history that is absolutely mind boggling.

confucius say
11-19-2020, 11:14 PM

A lot of parents, sure. But I think that's kind of the point. We'll see how it works and if we can get back to being the 7-5 program dan had us.

Maroonbulldog
11-19-2020, 11:31 PM

Interesting tidbit you have there-thanks for sharing.

I live in Starkville. Interact w folks in the community and also on campus staff daily -a lot of them people who are involved with athletics ( both admin and coaches).... and I had no clue how bad it was. Thank the Internet and it?s anonymous sources for getting this word out.

Todd4State
11-20-2020, 12:23 AM
Where are they?

Well, the first place I would look if I were you would be here.

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Season/2021-Football/Commits/

Todd4State
11-20-2020, 12:24 AM
I think it's close to a mathematical certainty that we go 12-0 and play in the sec champ year 2. Saban did it

That's not the point though. It's very common for coaches to take a year or two to get their program going.

Todd4State
11-20-2020, 12:27 AM
We hired a coach that was a TOTAL non fit for our current roster and everything we had been for over a decade. That was absolutely certain to totally destroy the program. It had to be a deliberate choice on whoever made the decision. If that wasn't the deliberate choice whoever made the decision should have someone granted power of attorney over their affairs. If it was deliberate, whoever it was made a HUGE longshot bet that Leach could rebuild it. If it doesn't work, and we are going to find out because we are stuck with him for a few years, it goes without saying that whoever did it will have possibly made the worst decision in the entire history of MSU athletics. Given our history that is absolutely mind boggling.

It was clearly not deliberate because if it was Cohen wouldn't have offered the job to Judge first. And he wouldn't have talked to Napier either if that was the case as well.

The fact of the matter is going forward based on the way the game of football is changing we're probably going to hire coaches that throw the ball at least some. Unless we go triple option and hire a service academy coach or something like that.

bulldawg28
11-20-2020, 05:51 AM
Well, the first place I would look if I were you would be here.

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Season/2021-Football/Commits/

The first place you'd better look is internal.

FISHDAWG
11-20-2020, 08:11 AM
You need to stay off this board for awhile. It's obvious you hate Leach but your pulling Lies and hate out of your ass. Leave!

I think he's spot on with that assessment ... and it's an opinion like everyone else here - advice: Don't come on here as a new member with 65 post and start telling other posters to leave

msstate7
11-20-2020, 08:21 AM
That's not the point though. It's very common for coaches to take a year or two to get their program going.

Yeah, I was just playing around. I don't even the most optimistic posters here are predicting a leach turnaround in year 2 like saban

BrunswickDawg
11-20-2020, 08:27 AM
It was clearly not deliberate because if it was Cohen wouldn't have offered the job to Judge first. And he wouldn't have talked to Napier either if that was the case as well.

The fact of the matter is going forward based on the way the game of football is changing we're probably going to hire coaches that throw the ball at least some. Unless we go triple option and hire a service academy coach or something like that.

If we went triple option we just might as well give up football. Service academies have a legit reason to run it, but you think this season is bad, let's let every SEC team put 10 in the box and man cover our 2 WR (who will be even worse than what we have now) against a QB that makes Chris Relf's throwing look like a Heisman candidate.

DownwardDawg
11-20-2020, 09:18 AM
The first place you'd better look is internal.

That's a rich post right there!!!

msstatelp1
11-20-2020, 09:22 AM

Here's the original guidance from September:

CBS Sports

SEC teams will need to have at least 53 scholarship players available, including a quarterback, seven offensive linemen and four defensive linemen, according to guidelines announced by the league on Friday. If a team can't meet the minimum requirements, it can choose to play anyway. Otherwise, its game will be rescheduled or declared a no contest.

The SEC's minimum thresholds mirror those announced by the Big 12 but with one major difference. The Big 12's 53-player minimum includes walk-on players while the SEC guidelines only includes scholarship athletes. Teams are capped at 85 scholarship players.

Schools can also request to have a game rescheduled if they determine that "there are compelling reasons why it cannot begin a contest" that are unrelated to the player minimums. The final decision on a postponing or declaring a no-contest in that situation will lie with league commissioner Greg Sankey.

It would be unprecedented for a team to fall below 53 available scholarship players during a normal season. But with COVID-19 contract-tracing protocols in place, college football teams are dealing with waves of absences from practices and games. Missouri, for example, is already expecting to be down at least 12 players for its season-opener against Alabama on Sept. 26 due to COVID-19 protocols.

Several college football games, including five scheduled for Week 3, have been canceled or postponed as teams deal with COVID-19 outbreaks or depleted depth at certain positions due to contract-tracing requirements. Charlotte had to cancel its game against North Carolina scheduled for Saturday because of depleted depth on its offensive line despite the fact that only one member of its program tested positive during Monday's round of 200 tests.

NCAA and SEC guidelines say that players who have been in contact with individuals who test positive for 15 minutes without face coverings are deemed to have been in "high-risk" contact. Those individuals are required to quarantine for 14 days. Players who test positive must sit out for 10 days and be symptom-free for three days.

Sorry meant to reply to the OP.

HancockCountyDog
11-20-2020, 09:46 AM

This is an accurate post. The rest of this thread is just noise.

HoopsDawg
11-20-2020, 10:20 AM
If we went triple option we just might as well give up football. Service academies have a legit reason to run it, but you think this season is bad, let's let every SEC team put 10 in the box and man cover our 2 WR (who will be even worse than what we have now) against a QB that makes Chris Relf's throwing look like a Heisman candidate.

That's basically what we did. Leach should be coaching at WSU, Hawaii, or SMU not an SEC program. Just like option coaches belong at the service academies not Georgia Tech.

speedy1972
11-20-2020, 10:32 AM

I spoke with a former athletic academic staff member who's responsibility was to organize the football players' class schedule and keep up with their grades, etc. Hevessy told this staff member that in order for him to get his message across to these players that he HAD to start mother17ing them and stop being nice to them. He said that. So yeah, under Mullen and his staff, they weren't holding church.

RiverCityDawg
11-20-2020, 11:36 AM
I spoke with a former athletic academic staff member who's responsibility was to organize the football players' class schedule and keep up with their grades, etc. Hevessy told this staff member that in order for him to get his message across to these players that he HAD to start mother17ing them and stop being nice to them. He said that. So yeah, under Mullen and his staff, they weren't holding church.

Yep. And Joe's practices were the complete opposite. All encouragement, no ass kicking. A former player told me after watching pre-season practice in 2018 that Joe's style was so different and soft that it was going to be a big problem. I didn't believe him at the time, but boy was he right.

Cooterpoot
11-20-2020, 12:15 PM
Crap huh? Ok. You and your *insiders* will see.

1. Who said I'm an insider? I certainly haven't.
2. Who we going to lose? A kid LSU offered? A kid that might flip to OM? I don't see it. Most of the offensive guys were recruited by Leach before he got here. They know him.