PDA

View Full Version : Pickering Out...

TNDawg35
11-18-2020, 02:57 PM
Twitter verse is saying Pickering opted out today... can?t get much worse that?s for damn sure...

BigDawg81
11-18-2020, 03:06 PM
Twitter verse is saying Pickering opted out today... can?t get much worse that?s for damn sure... He opted out but he said isn't transferring. So, it sounds like he will be back fof 2021

StarkVegasSteve
11-18-2020, 03:12 PM
How many players do we even have left at this point? Even a minor COVID outbreak we'll probably take us out of any game left on our schedule.

bluelightstar
11-18-2020, 03:12 PM
we are about to spend the next several games getting brutalized like we haven't been since 2005

Captain Falcon
11-18-2020, 03:13 PM
Isn't he one of the guys that has been in quarantine either for having COVID or for contact tracing?

HancockCountyDog
11-18-2020, 03:25 PM
He opted out but he said isn't transferring. So, it sounds like he will be back fof 2021

Can any insider give more information, I?m hearing conflicting things on whether this is an opt out or a transfer portal.

Indndawg
11-18-2020, 03:25 PM
64 on Schollie? Can't we just make up some Covids and cancel the season.

ZedFedder
11-18-2020, 03:26 PM
His tweet made it sound like he was staying but idk

msstate7
11-18-2020, 03:28 PM
Little friendly reminder, Georgia -26.

FISHDAWG
11-18-2020, 03:32 PM
Can any insider give more information, I?m hearing conflicting things on whether this is an opt out or a transfer portal.

his tweet said he loved MSU and is NOT transferring

https://twitter.com/TheRealNathan22/status/1329147432333144066

TheLostDawg
11-18-2020, 03:33 PM
I just don't understand why you'd opt out if you plan on staying? Why not get the extra experience? There has to be more to the story. I'm not saying he's leaving only that there has to be a reason he'd just opt out all of the sudden

Hambone
11-18-2020, 03:34 PM
https://twitter.com/therealnathan22/status/1329147432333144066?s=21

Brahmabull
11-18-2020, 03:40 PM
He's not entering the portal.

Brahmabull
11-18-2020, 03:42 PM
I just don't understand why you'd opt out if you plan on staying? Why not get the extra experience? There has to be more to the story. I'm not saying he's leaving only that there has to be a reason he'd just opt out all of the sudden

Maybe he can't practice due to illness or injury.

Cooterpoot
11-18-2020, 03:51 PM

He's not transferring.

Cooterpoot
11-18-2020, 03:52 PM

Lots of talk it's going to be canceled.

BrunswickDawg
11-18-2020, 03:56 PM
Isn't he one of the guys that has been in quarantine either for having COVID or for contact tracing?

If he had or has COVID, and he had effects from it it would be wise for him to sit out. I'm 2 weeks post COVID that included a 6 day stint in the hospital - Dr. said it could easily be 3 months before my energy level is back to what it was.

DEDawg
11-18-2020, 03:56 PM

I feel like so many players have absued it that we forget this option is here for a legit reason. He may actually just be opting out because he?s had a few close calls (or even gotten it already) and wants to play it safe since this season is a wash anyway

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2020, 03:57 PM
Is it better for our program for young guys to play or cancel the season to prevent recruiting issues?

Cowbell
11-18-2020, 04:10 PM
Thank you

Cowbell
11-18-2020, 04:11 PM
The way this season is going, I don't blame any of these kids for going home and spending time with their families.

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2020, 04:14 PM
The way this season is going, I don't blame any of these kids for going home and spending time with their families.

at the cost of costing their teammates a chance to play a season?

Whether you opt out or not can't depend on your team's record. FWIW, I don't think that's happened with Pickering. I think he has legit reasons.

If I were a coach & a guy opted out because the season isn't going well, I'd kick him off the team & never want to see his face again. it's Ok to opt out, but you better have a legit reason

msbulldog
11-18-2020, 04:15 PM

He said in his twitter message from 247: "Pickering, a true sophomore and regular at nose tackle, posted this news at 1:40 ct. ?I love Mississippi State University and all the people surrounding it. There?s not a school I (would) rather play for. God has a plan for everything. This is not about transferring but something I have to do. That being said I will be opting out of the 2020 season.?

msstate7
11-18-2020, 04:17 PM

Bet it anyway. You'll get refund

Bothrops
11-18-2020, 04:48 PM
How many players do we even have left at this point? Even a minor COVID outbreak we'll probably take us out of any game left on our schedule.

I sure as hell hope so.

LC Dawg
11-18-2020, 04:50 PM
Does Vegas have odds on us not playing another game this season?

BeardoMSU
11-18-2020, 04:51 PM
I sure as hell hope so.

Hopefully that will include NOT getting embarrassed by OM.

Dawgology
11-18-2020, 05:30 PM
I like Pickering a lot. Hope he comes back to us next year. Good fella.

Quaoarsking
11-18-2020, 05:52 PM

Wouldn't mind if it did and we played Jackson State on 12/19 to make up for it.

Cowbell
11-18-2020, 06:22 PM
at the cost of costing their teammates a chance to play a season?

Whether you opt out or not can't depend on your team's record. FWIW, I don't think that's happened with Pickering. I think he has legit reasons.

If I were a coach & a guy opted out because the season isn't going well, I'd kick him off the team & never want to see his face again. it's Ok to opt out, but you better have a legit reason

There are a lot of grandparents that won't survive this winter and this season gets more meaningless by the day. At this point there's a lot more important stuff than football. Don't ask me how I know....

confucius say
11-18-2020, 07:05 PM
There are a lot of grandparents that won't survive this winter and this season gets more meaningless by the day. At this point there's a lot more important stuff than football. Don't ask me how I know....

Are you saying a player playing football makes it more likely that said player's grandparents will die from covid? Bc that would require that the player be more likely to get covid playing football than not playing football AND that said player is going to be around their grandparents before December 19.

Or just saying that players may want to opt out bc things in life are more important than football and they don't want to worry about football right now?

Prediction? Pain.
11-18-2020, 07:09 PM
If he had or has COVID, and he had effects from it it would be wise for him to sit out. I'm 2 weeks post COVID that included a 6 day stint in the hospital - Dr. said it could easily be 3 months before my energy level is back to what it was.

Damn, dude, sorry to hear about that. I hope you're recovering well. Now may be a good time to get really well acquainted with that four-disc ABB Fillmore West set that came out earlier this year.

On the topic of the thread, it sucks and is a big loss, but so it goes. If dude had or has symptoms that are rough or has seen some friends or family members having a rough go of it, I can't blame him for sitting out the rest of the games following a rash of player infections.

Turfdawg67
11-18-2020, 07:11 PM
Wow... this is one miserable 17'n fan base. If I've lived half of my life outside of MS, I can legit root for another college, right? Insufferable...

R2Dawg
11-18-2020, 07:27 PM
Is it better for our program for young guys to play or cancel the season to prevent recruiting issues?

Cancel season will stop the bleeding with our team, program and Leach. If I'm Cohen, I do all I can to cancel out.

If we play we get run over by everyone. Olemiss will beat us 72-0. Our D is good but due to injuries, Covid and attrition our D is depleted. O is hopeless so what does that leave us?

Glad Pickering is staying. He may be doing it because of health issues, maybe he doesn't feel comfortable with the spread of Covid or he may not feel he is in shape to play properly. At least he can't get hurt bad enough to mess up next year or spring.

We need Pickering, Crumedy and company on D back.

defiantdog
11-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Sorry to hear that Brunswick. You can't blame anyone for opting out..... family comes before football.

Cowbell
11-18-2020, 11:12 PM
Are you saying a player playing football makes it more likely that said player's grandparents will die from covid? Bc that would require that the player be more likely to get covid playing football than not playing football AND that said player is going to be around their grandparents before December 19.

Or just saying that players may want to opt out bc things in life are more important than football and they don't want to worry about football right now?

Saying that this may be the last holidays some may get to spend with their grandparents.

FISHDAWG
11-19-2020, 08:05 AM

My wife got through it about 4 or 5 weeks ago but even today she still has some symptoms that bring the fatigue and shaking (Rigors) for a few hours each day ... Hope your recovery goes well

Joebob
11-19-2020, 09:43 AM
My wife got through it about 4 or 5 weeks ago but even today she still has some symptoms that bring the fatigue and shaking (Rigors) for a few hours each day ... Hope your recovery goes well

My brother-in-law is just starting to recover from it after spending two weeks in bed. He complains about having zero energy. Sounds like it could be a while before he does.