PDA

View Full Version : Huge 2021 commit to add to class

MsStateBaseball
11-18-2020, 12:37 PM
3B Slate Alford, who de committed from Auburn a few days ago signed with us yesterday. He is 6-3, 215 and ranked 233 overall in the country.

Judging by social media several of our commits helped him out in the decision.

We are getting some physical specimens in our program. Several pitchers are over 6-3. We needed big corner infielders and we got them.

The Federalist Engineer
11-18-2020, 01:16 PM
Finally - we steal something from Butch after he’s flipped so much from us

This young man has great size, long way from Cohen’s all-bunter classes of the late 2000s

Plus, ranked high, but not too high. Perfect college baseball recruit

mparkerfd20
11-18-2020, 04:44 PM
3B Slate Alford, who de committed from Auburn a few days ago signed with us yesterday. He is 6-3, 215 and ranked 233 overall in the country.

Judging by social media several of our commits helped him out in the decision.

We are getting some physical specimens in our program. Several pitchers are over 6-3. We needed big corner infielders and we got them.

Committed... Not signed.

Todd4State
11-18-2020, 06:08 PM
Finally - we steal something from Butch after he’s flipped so much from us

This young man has great size, long way from Cohen’s all-bunter classes of the late 2000s

Plus, ranked high, but not too high. Perfect college baseball recruit

Yeah. The biggest one he took was Jack Owens.

Homedawg
11-18-2020, 06:50 PM
Committed... Not signed.

I'm willing to bet he signs.... if he hasn't yet

Avelso
11-18-2020, 09:32 PM
Ok Guys trash JC all u want about football hires but the IB was a 17?n awesome baseball coach. Yes he recruited a bunch of bunters when bats were dead but there was a reason for that. When bats changed he changed and took us to the finals of the CWS. Look at this overall record. He?s the best at any sport we?ve ever had minus Vic. I think u could make an argument that Vic is the greatest coach on MS college sports history.

HoopsDawg
11-18-2020, 10:06 PM
Ok Guys trash JC all u want about football hires but the IB was a 17?n awesome baseball coach. Yes he recruited a bunch of bunters when bats were dead but there was a reason for that. When bats changed he changed and took us to the finals of the CWS. Look at this overall record. He?s the best at any sport we?ve ever had minus Vic. I think u could make an argument that Vic is the greatest coach on MS college sports history.

He was 108-130 in conference games as MSU head coach. He was a good coach. I don't think he was a great coach.

Homedawg
11-18-2020, 10:36 PM
He was 108-130 in conference games as MSU head coach. He was a good coach. I don't think he was a great coach.

To be fair to him, he took over a train wreck. He started basically from scratch w that roster.... had he kept his baseball job his worth as a coach would be greater appreciated IMO.

Avelso
11-18-2020, 10:42 PM
To be fair to him, he took over a train wreck. He started basically from scratch w that roster.... had he kept his baseball job his worth as a coach would be greater appreciated IMO.

Cant bring that up LOL....he took over a complete dumpster fire and was sued for asking a player to actually practice (Moore kid). Bottom line....he almost got us a Natty and left the program in really good shape. Cannizaro was a great hire but there is still one thing thats undefeated and it aint message boards.

ShotgunDawg
11-18-2020, 10:43 PM
Really good commit here.

Has a Brent Rooker type starter kit with his tools. If everything clicks, you may get a middle of the order right handed bat with similar ability & he should get to school.

Hard to find power in college baseball & we got some here. Great commit

Captain Falcon
11-18-2020, 10:58 PM

The Cohen era was kinda all over the place. He had some of the highest highs in our history (2013 and 2016) and also some of the lowest lows (2009-10, 2015). I would definitely say the good outweighed the bad though, and he deserves a lot of credit for his recruiting. It greatly helped our program remaining good in spite of several coaching changes.

He brought our program back from the dead and set the table for us to be an elite program in the modern era.

hp22
11-18-2020, 11:12 PM
Welcome aboard. I'm excited about the level we are recruiting at. I also think you'll have a higher number of kids come to play college baseball as opposed to testing the pro waters in the modern era of baseball. We have some high level baseball coaches here. Our recent track record at putting players in the bigs speaks for itself. And we have a few more about to make that jump.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-19-2020, 08:16 AM
In a sport that 90% of the NCAA doesn?t even try and is basically a club sport with most schools.

The Federalist Engineer
11-19-2020, 04:22 PM

Sorry John, you were a good coach. You almost won it all in 2013.***

Homedawg
11-19-2020, 04:26 PM
In a sport that 90% of the NCAA doesn?t even try and is basically a club sport with most schools.

Nevermind...smh

Todd4State
11-19-2020, 05:49 PM
Nevermind...smh

Nobody puts down MSU better than MSU fans.

And the fact that we have someone focusing on Cohen's SEC record- LOL. Never mind that NC round appearance, SEC title, and three SR appearances while completely rebuilding the program.**

Homedawg
11-19-2020, 06:43 PM
Nobody puts down MSU better than MSU fans.

And the fact that we have someone focusing on Cohen's SEC record- LOL. Never mind that NC round appearance, SEC title, and three SR appearances while completely rebuilding the program.**

I'm gonna chalk that one up to his major disdain for JC and let it go...

HoopsDawg
11-19-2020, 07:02 PM
I'm gonna chalk that one up to his major disdain for JC and let it go...

If you are talking about me, I don't have a major disdain for JC. He shouldn't be the AD, but that's not his fault.