PDA

View Full Version : Bowl season

TheLostDawg
11-15-2020, 01:44 PM
Will this be the year we don't make a bowl game? ->Not enough players?

parabrave
11-15-2020, 01:54 PM

Not enough wins more likely.

Offshore Dawg
11-15-2020, 01:57 PM

Well not just that but without the 4 ooc wins I think that the Dawgs will only get a max of one more win, I don't think 3 and 7 will get it even in a pandemic year. But for those of you being critical of Coach Leach's record, in a normal year the Dawgs would have 6 wins. This is sec only and State doesn't win often.

bulldawg28
11-15-2020, 02:04 PM
Well not just that but without the 4 ooc wins I think that the Dawgs will only get a max of one more win, I don't think 3 and 7 will get it even in a pandemic year. But for those of you being critical of Coach Leach's record, in a normal year the Dawgs would have 6 wins. This is sec only and State doesn't win often.

Where is the 3rd win coming? Leach will be lucky if this team doesn't quit completely on him after Saturday.

parabrave
11-15-2020, 02:16 PM

One more win HUH. Where? UGA, OM, AUBBIE? No way. Heck Next year might be worse.

Todd4State
11-15-2020, 02:46 PM

Maybe. If we don't have enough players- yes.

It depends on the bowl slots and how they are filled and 9 of 14 teams have 3 wins or less right now in the SEC. I think one more win gets us in assuming we have enough players.

MagicDawg
11-15-2020, 03:15 PM
Isn't it the case that the bowls are no longer requiring any specific number of wins this year? I've seen us projected to play Memphis in the Birmingham Bowl several weeks running now.

If we get a bid, even to Birmingham, we should take it for the streak. Assuming we have enough players to take the field at all.

Offshore Dawg
11-15-2020, 04:25 PM
The Dawgs aren't getting one more win, My statement was, even with 3 wins they aren't going bowling. The bowls won't have much income other than advertising with reduced seating. So why loose money.

Jack Lambert
11-15-2020, 04:35 PM
there will be teams opt out. There will be shitty teams in bowls.

Offshore Dawg
11-15-2020, 04:38 PM
there will be teams opt out. There will be shitty teams in bowls.

Jack, I believe a lot of bowls won't be worth watching.

Renardo Sidney
11-15-2020, 04:39 PM
One more win HUH. Where? UGA, OM, AUBBIE? No way. Heck Next year might be worse.

Missouri

Percho
11-15-2020, 06:00 PM
Worst fans in America.

Sienfield
11-15-2020, 06:11 PM
Will there be any significant practice time for bowls this year?

Todd4State
11-15-2020, 06:14 PM
The Dawgs aren't getting one more win, My statement was, even with 3 wins they aren't going bowling. The bowls won't have much income other than advertising with reduced seating. So why loose money.

I think ESPN manages most of the bowls- especially the small ones. They're going to want teams to play for content.

Todd4State
11-15-2020, 06:16 PM
Isn't it the case that the bowls are no longer requiring any specific number of wins this year? I've seen us projected to play Memphis in the Birmingham Bowl several weeks running now.

If we get a bid, even to Birmingham, we should take it for the streak. Assuming we have enough players to take the field at all.

Yes. No win requirement this year. It will be straight down the line based on wins as far as how many SEC teams go. And how many SEC teams make the playoffs and NY6. Which I think will be three- Bama, Florida, and A&M.

Todd4State
11-15-2020, 06:22 PM
The SEC has 12 tie ins assuming one team makes the playoffs and only one other team makes the NY6. So even if we win 2 games as long as we are in the top 12 worst case scenario for the SEC we're going bowling. If three SEC teams make the playoffs/NY6 we're a lock unless Vanderbilt gets hot. We're in decent shape right now and a third win probably seals the deal for us.

Jack Lambert
11-15-2020, 07:15 PM
The SEC has 12 tie ins assuming one team makes the playoffs and only one other team makes the NY6. So even if we win 2 games as long as we are in the top 12 worst case scenario for the SEC we're going bowling. If three SEC teams make the playoffs/NY6 we're a lock unless Vanderbilt gets hot. We're in decent shape right now and a third win probably seals the deal for us.

From my understanding wins will not matter outside the NY6.

FISHDAWG
11-15-2020, 08:51 PM
I think ESPN manages most of the bowls- especially the small ones. They're going to want teams to play for content.

I think the need for content keeps our streak alive... we're still projected to Birmingham... 2020 could have us playing a bowl on New Years Day .... strange times indeed

Todd4State
11-15-2020, 11:50 PM
I think the need for content keeps our streak alive... we're still projected to Birmingham... 2020 could have us playing a bowl on New Years Day .... strange times indeed

I agree. Probably anyway. I don't want to say it's a slam dunk with four games left because who knows what will happen but we're in decent shape.

coachnorm
11-16-2020, 10:00 PM
Are there really going to be that many bowl games with all the Covid-19 issues happening? What are the chances that bowl games will function with few in the stands? Don't have answers, just questions?

FISHDAWG
11-17-2020, 08:28 AM
Are there really going to be that many bowl games with all the Covid-19 issues happening? What are the chances that bowl games will function with few in the stands? Don't have answers, just questions?

They are planning the bowls but it remains to be seen if they will all get played ... I heard this am on the drive in that the Michigan Gov is going to shut down sports but this hasn't yet been confirmed

msudawg1200
11-17-2020, 11:02 AM
They are planning the bowls but it remains to be seen if they will all get played ... I heard this am on the drive in that the Michigan Gov is going to shut down sports but this hasn't yet been confirmed

Michigan governor is shutting down youth and high school sports. College and pro can carry on.

TUSK
11-17-2020, 02:57 PM
Michigan governor is shutting down youth and high school sports. College and pro can carry on.

And Wolverines wept.

Mobile Bay
11-17-2020, 03:35 PM
It would be kind of neat to play in the Birmingham Bowl this year anyway. Since it is probably the last football game to ever be played there.