PDA

View Full Version : Corral and Moore for OM

Irondawg
11-14-2020, 11:04 PM
Both recruits they normally don?t get.

Moore was dropped by GA I?m guessing because of off the field concerns like the one that cost them the egg now last year. Whether he?s shaped up or they are just ignoring it, you can?t argue with the production.

Corral was similar in that most name programs totally backed off because of issues, which you show hints of last year. But he?s been lights out almost all year.

Programs like State and OM have to take chances on talent sometimes - they?ve probably hit on more than we have but it?s unsustainable because you eventually end up with something like Jackie?s last teams or a Sidney situation. But there is no doubt their is serious offensive production and coaching envy on our side right now.

Especially since our big names completely bombed out

ShotgunDawg
11-14-2020, 11:06 PM
I'm not certain why Corral isn't a 1st round pick.

What else does he got to do?

He's way more talented that Trask & Mac Jones

PGHBulldogBG
11-14-2020, 11:07 PM
Barry Odom confused Corral and Leach

msu15
11-14-2020, 11:08 PM
Barry Odom confused Corral and Leach

Let's go get him

confucius say
11-14-2020, 11:10 PM

He has struggled against zone, when having to make decisions against coverage. 6 picks vs ark's drop 8. Pick first drive against auburn zone. Why you play man against him and OM is beyond me. Stupid.

trojandawg
11-14-2020, 11:10 PM
I think Odom is a better DC than HC but that?s OK.

Liverpooldawg
11-14-2020, 11:14 PM

He has a heck of a lot of negative history to overcome. Ole Miss is almost the only D1 program he would be allowed to play for. I'm actually surprised THEY allow it, and that says a lot. It says more about Ole Miss than anybody.

LC Dawg
11-14-2020, 11:22 PM
Corral just looked great against a depleted SC defense and Vandy but he threw 6 picks against Arky and looked bad against a mediocre Auburn defense the two games before. He's obviously talented but he has not played that well against good defenses.

KOdawg1
11-14-2020, 11:28 PM
If you can get a little pressure on Corral, he'll make some bad decisions. That's something USCe couldn't do tonight. He had all day to throw.

We should be able to generate some pressure, so I think we can slow them down, but none of it will matter because our offense is like watching a one-legged midget army crawl through quicksand.

msstate7
11-14-2020, 11:31 PM
Corral just looked great against a depleted SC defense and Vandy but he threw 6 picks against Arky and looked bad against a mediocre Auburn defense the two games before. He's obviously talented but he has not played that well against good defenses.

He's played 7 sec games, and he's been over 200 passer rating in 5 of them (Florida, Kentucky, Bama, vandy, and SC). Bama and Kentucky shut us out offensively... corral and OM put up 90 on those 2.

Jarius
11-14-2020, 11:33 PM
Corral is going to beat the shit out of us

Todd4State
11-14-2020, 11:39 PM
He has a heck of a lot of negative history to overcome. Ole Miss is almost the only D1 program he would be allowed to play for. I'm actually surprised THEY allow it, and that says a lot. It says more about Ole Miss than anybody.

What I don't understand is how it seems like they always get players with these character issues and it works out beautifully for them while we get Renardo Sidney and the entire program spirals out of control. They did it with Kelly, Nkemdiche, and Marshall Henderson among others.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-14-2020, 11:40 PM
I'm less worried about how "sustainable" OM's offensive talent is than I am about actually getting some offensive talent to State in the first place. Tired of 204 yards vs bad teams, we need talent NOW or it'll be more than just this and next year down the drain

LC Dawg
11-14-2020, 11:42 PM
He's played 7 sec games, and he's been over 200 passer rating in 5 of them (Florida, Kentucky, Bama, vandy, and SC). Bama and Kentucky shut us out offensively... corral and OM put up 90 on those 2.
I wasn't comparing him to us. That's your gig.

msstate7
11-14-2020, 11:46 PM
I wasn't comparing him to us. That's your gig.

Throw out last sentence then. 5 200+ passer rating games in the sec is sick. Joe burrow had 5 last year also.

Liverpooldawg
11-14-2020, 11:48 PM
What I don't understand is how it seems like they always get players with these character issues and it works out beautifully for them while we get Renardo Sidney and the entire program spirals out of control. They did it with Kelly, Nkemdiche, and Marshall Henderson among others.

It's because they don't care. Corral is the essence of "Ole Miss". He represents everything Ole Miss IS. Sidney is a choirboy compared to Corral. It's not even a fair comparison because Sidney's issues were not of the same type. Corral is lucky he isn't in San Quentin. Sidney was just fat and lazy. He wasn't a borderline criminal.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-14-2020, 11:48 PM

Seriously the common narrative is that if you bring in character issues you either 1) get toxic cancer in the locker room (Fabian Lovett, Jarian Jones etc), or 2) wind up with a spoiled group of players with no discipline ala what JoMo gave us.

But at OM they take the worst of the worst, never discipline them, never kick them off, never have locker room drama, and always get the best athletically from the problem players. I don't get how they do it

LC Dawg
11-14-2020, 11:50 PM
Throw out last sentence then. 5 200+ passer rating games in the sec is sick. Joe burrow had 5 last year also.

So he's comparable to Burrow? You're on the record with that?

msstate7
11-14-2020, 11:57 PM
So he's comparable to Burrow? You're on the record with that?

Just looking at stats. Corral has been outstanding, and to say otherwise is just being foolish. Do I think corral is as good as burrow though? No, but who knows what corral looks like with joe Brady coaching him and Marshall, Jefferson, chase, and CEH around him?

LC Dawg
11-15-2020, 12:03 AM
Just looking at stats. Corral has been outstanding, and to say otherwise is just being foolish. Do I think corral is as good as burrow though? No, but who knows what corral looks like with joe Brady coaching him and Marshall, Jefferson, chase, and CEH around him?
I said he was talented. He also has thrown 6 picks in a game this year. Both are true statements. You are cherry picking to argue.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-15-2020, 12:05 AM

Corral has Kiffin, Moore, Ealy, the TE, and a REALLY good OL. That's a shit ton to work with. Is it '19 LSU, or every year Bama good? No, but it's the 3rd best situation for a QB this year after Bama (all that talent) and UF (Mullen).

msstate7
11-15-2020, 12:10 AM
I said he was talented. He also has thrown 6 picks in a game this year. Both are true statements. You are cherry picking to argue.

Ok, do you not consider Bama a good defense? Seems you cherry pick some too. And the reason I used Bama and Kentucky is bc both are top 5 in sec in total defense

LC Dawg
11-15-2020, 12:13 AM
Ok, do you not consider Bama a good defense? Seems you cherry pick some too. And the reason I used Bama and Kentucky is bc both are top 5 in sec in total defense
I honestly don't care nearly as much as you.

BigDawgB
11-15-2020, 12:25 AM
I honestly don't care nearly as much as you.

Translation = I am wrong as 17. My apologies

OurState
11-15-2020, 03:24 AM

No... Mullen recruited Corrall then he got into some trouble (I think he beat up Wayne Gretzky?s son) and the school freaked out and Florida dropped him.

He was always borderline because he is short. His upside is limited but my sense was they got lucky when an early QB commit got dropped.

He is a good college QB but 2 days after graduation he will be forgotten forever.

msbulldog
11-15-2020, 06:08 AM
No... Mullen recruited Corrall then he got into some trouble (I think he beat up Wayne Gretzky?s son) and the school freaked out and Florida dropped him.

He was always borderline because he is short. His upside is limited but my sense was they got lucky when an early QB commit got dropped.

He is a good college QB but 2 days after graduation he will be forgotten forever.

You are correct about Gretzky's son, Corral got kicked out of that private school and finish somewhere else.

Indndawg
11-15-2020, 07:29 AM
Seriously the common narrative is that if you bring in character issues you either 1) get toxic cancer in the locker room (Fabian Lovett, Jarian Jones etc), or 2) wind up with a spoiled group of players with no discipline ala what JoMo gave us.

But at OM they take the worst of the worst, never discipline them, never kick them off, never have locker room drama, and always get the best athletically from the problem players. I don't get how they do it

Dire Straits 1985

BigDawg81
11-15-2020, 08:26 AM
I think Odom is a better DC than HC but that?s OK.Kinda like Joe Moorhead

Maroonthirteen
11-15-2020, 08:44 AM
Dontae Jones worked out really well for us. Also, IIRC Darryl Wilson was a prop-48. Wilson would have played at Alabama if they recruited him.

Also, I think Eric Moulds was a prop-48.

Jeffrey Simmons..... most of the country saw that as a questionable signee.

Mobile Bay
11-15-2020, 08:49 AM

More than Swag Kelly?

defiantdog
11-15-2020, 10:25 AM
Corral is going to beat the shit out of us
I doubt the egg bowl happens at this point

Saltydog
11-15-2020, 10:48 AM
He will hang 50 on us...?..It's coming and Joey Freshwater won't take his foot off the gas if he can get 60...??.The beatdown is inevitable...?.

tcdog70
11-15-2020, 12:21 PM
Knock Corral's Dick in his watch pocket --early and often. Can't let him sit back and have all day.

Lord McBuckethead
11-15-2020, 01:18 PM
He has struggled against zone, when having to make decisions against coverage. 6 picks vs ark's drop 8. Pick first drive against auburn zone. Why you play man against him and OM is beyond me. Stupid.

Exactly. No idea why Leach's offense demands 3-8 zone, but for some reason that isnt the focus on OM.

HoopsDawg
11-15-2020, 02:09 PM
Exactly. No idea why Leach's offense demands 3-8 zone, but for some reason that isnt the focus on OM.

B/C they run them out of it just like they did last night.

confucius say
11-15-2020, 02:41 PM
Usce didn't run the drop 8. They also ran more man the zone last night