PDA

View Full Version : Games around country thread

msstate7
11-14-2020, 01:05 PM
With 10+ mins to go in 2nd quarter, Kentucky has more yards on vandy than we got the whole game.

msstate7
11-14-2020, 01:06 PM
Luke mccaffrey appears to be the real deal

msstate7
11-14-2020, 01:08 PM
Guy I really wanted, Dave clawson has WF's offense rolling again this year after Georgia took their qb

HoopsDawg
11-14-2020, 01:26 PM
Guy I really wanted, Dave clawson has WF's offense rolling again this year after Georgia took their qb

Might could have had him instead of Moorhead. I don't think we could have gotten him this last go around.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-14-2020, 01:31 PM
Might could have had him instead of Moorhead. I don't think we could have gotten him this last go around.
There were a lot of Coaches we could have got instead of Moorhead, Cohen wanted to save some money. It ended up costing us a lot more.

PGHBulldogBG
11-14-2020, 01:32 PM
Clawson, Brown and Satterfield should?ve been our 3 choices. Instead Cohen had Pruitt, Moorhead and Morris in mind

msu15
11-14-2020, 01:40 PM
Clawson, Brown and Satterfield should?ve been our 3 choices. Instead Cohen had Pruitt, Moorhead and Morris in mind

Satterfield was the guy

Maroonthirteen
11-14-2020, 01:43 PM
You just wait 3 years.... Leach will have his guys. Kentucky will rue the day. **

HoopsDawg
11-14-2020, 01:44 PM
Instead Cohen had Pruitt, Moorhead and Morris in mind

Might as well have been Larry, Moe and Curly

HoopsDawg
11-14-2020, 01:48 PM
Right on cue, tweet from Brad Powers:

"There are three Power 5 coaches in this 12pm window that are criminally underrated and get so much out of their team(s):

Tom Allen, Indiana
Dave Clawson, Wake Forest
Neal Brown, West Virginia

If you're a fan of any of these programs, you should feel really good right now."

parabrave
11-14-2020, 01:59 PM
Glad I layed off the Vandy UK game/

PGHBulldogBG
11-14-2020, 02:06 PM

"There are three Power 5 coaches in this 12pm window that are criminally underrated and get so much out of their team(s):

Tom Allen, Indiana

If you're a fan of any of these programs, you should feel really good right now."

West Virginia fans love Neal Brown. He has done a lot for the community as well. He is a good dude with a good family and is all in for WVU. They have all bought into his trust the climb campaign. In year 2 he has a top 5 defense and is improving the offense throughout the year. Absolutely no reason we couldn?t have hired him if WVU did. That is all on Cohen and it?s very frustrating living here and hearing all about Brown

AROB44
11-14-2020, 02:51 PM
There were a lot of Coaches we could have got instead of Moorhead, Cohen wanted to save some money. It ended up costing us a lot more.

I take it from this post and others you have made that you don't care very much for Cohen. Just curious....who would you have preferred to be hired instead?

msstate7
11-14-2020, 03:15 PM
Is hooker (VT)the worst qb in college football? Turned it to this game to see if they could get the upset. Hooker looks pathetic

Todd4State
11-14-2020, 03:24 PM

You would have been questioning the hire after the first disappointing game and would have declared that he might lose the fan base if he lost to Vanderbilt.

Which is why I call MSU fans like you stupid.

msstate7
11-14-2020, 03:25 PM
You would have been questioning the hire after the first disappointing game and would have declared that he might lose the fan base if he lost to Vanderbilt.

Which is why I call MSU fans like you stupid.

Todd, I don't give a sheet what you call me. Who was right on Moorhead between the two of us?

Todd4State
11-14-2020, 03:26 PM

Tom Allen, Indiana

Allen in first year at Indiana- 5-7
Clawson in first year at Wake Forest- 3-9
Brown in first year at West Virginia- 5-7

msstate7
11-14-2020, 03:28 PM

How many straight bowl games did each of those programs have?

Todd4State
11-14-2020, 03:30 PM
Todd, I don't give a sheet what you call me. Who was right on Moorhead between the two of us?

After being wrong 90% of the time I'm glad you finally you got one in dumb bitch.

Todd4State
11-14-2020, 03:31 PM

You're telling me that in year one you wouldn't have questioned those hires?

BULLSHIT.

msstate7
11-14-2020, 03:35 PM
After being wrong 90% of the time I'm glad you finally you got one in dumb bitch.

Wow, so mad.

msstate7
11-14-2020, 03:38 PM
You're telling me that in year one you wouldn't have questioned those hires?

BULLSHIT.

See the thing is Todd, they were horrible a long time before those guys were hired. We were not horrible. We were trending down bc we lost a great coach, but we still had a decent program. Did you think we'd win 2 games this year?

PGHBulldogBG
11-14-2020, 03:49 PM

I can?t speak for WF and Indiana because I?m not familiar with their programs besides knowing they were awful before Allen and Clawson. WVU however was a big mess after Holgerson left, drug issues, arrests, etc. Brown had to blow it all up and start from scratch. He was picked to win 2 games last year and won 5. This year he has a top 5 defense and was picked to win 4 and already won 5. No fans have complained that I know of and are all United with Brown.

BiscuitEater
11-14-2020, 04:34 PM
With 10+ mins to go in 2nd quarter, Kentucky has more yards on vandy than we got the whole game.

And Kentucky was LUCKY to escape with a 3 Point win!!

msstate7
11-14-2020, 04:38 PM
And Kentucky was LUCKY to escape with a 3 Point win!!

We were fortunate to win vs vandy too. That TO was huge. We were not so lucky vs Kentucky... we got smashed.

BankerDog
11-14-2020, 04:40 PM
See the thing is Todd, they were horrible a long time before those guys were hired. We were not horrible. We were trending down bc we lost a great coach, but we still had a decent program. Did you think we'd win 2 games this year?

No use in arguing with him, 7. He still doesn?t think Mullen is a great coach and is a life long loser.

To get back on topic, I love the fact Cohen went after Day-just got turned down. When the time comes, these guys are on my short list:

-Fickell
-Brian Johnson
-Clawson
-Brown

ShotgunDawg
11-14-2020, 04:45 PM
West Virginia fans love Neal Brown. He has done a lot for the community as well. He is a good dude with a good family and is all in for WVU. They have all bought into his trust the climb campaign. In year 2 he has a top 5 defense and is improving the offense throughout the year. Absolutely no reason we couldn?t have hired him if WVU did. That is all on Cohen and it?s very frustrating living here and hearing all about Brown

What was it about Brown?s resume at Troy that would?ve sold you?

Hiring is hard. You can?t get mad in hindsight.

What would you have done differently that would?ve led to hiring Brown?

ShotgunDawg
11-14-2020, 04:47 PM

How many team drug problems did those coaches have to solve?

ShotgunDawg
11-14-2020, 04:48 PM

Decent program with drug issues and a culture issue

msstate7
11-14-2020, 05:02 PM
Mullen's fault when Moorhead was lackluster. Now the die is cast... we are the team of full of addicts. Forget this cast of crackheads (eye roll) lit the world on fire week 1. Once a team showed how to stop us, we've had zero answer. Here's what lake said about leach and adjustments...

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/washington-dc-jimmy-lake-blasts-mike-leachs-offense-after-apple-cup-win/

Cooterpoot
11-14-2020, 05:04 PM
We were fortunate to win vs vandy too. That TO was huge. We were not so lucky vs Kentucky... we got smashed.

Not really. Our QB was awful. They did little offensively vs us. Picks killed us.

msstate7
11-14-2020, 05:08 PM
Not really. Our QB was awful. They did little offensively vs us. Picks killed us.

You're right... they did little, and we did less. Our defense and Kentucky's defense outscored our offense. We lost 24-2 to KENTUCKY! That's smashed imo, but whatever

Cooterpoot
11-14-2020, 05:14 PM
You're right... they did little, and we did less. Our defense and Kentucky's defense outscored our offense. We lost 24-2 to KENTUCKY! That's smashed imo, but whatever

Take away the picks and what's the score? We gave them three scores?? You're overreacting. We all know the offense isn't working. But KY didn't smash us.

PGHBulldogBG
11-14-2020, 05:16 PM
What was it about Brown?s resume at Troy that would?ve sold you?

Hiring is hard. You can?t get mad in hindsight.

What would you have done differently that would?ve led to hiring Brown?

He came into a program that needed work after their previous coach retired after 23 years. In year 2 he had them at 10 wins after only having 4 the year before. He then went on the road to Baton Rouge and won at night. Also he went to Lincoln and won. Granted Nebraska today isn?t Nebraska of old, but he won games with talent deficiencies and he runs a similar system to what MSU is accustomed to running. He could?ve came in here in 2018 and picked up where Mullen left off. Each year, there was improvement not regression and he isn?t married to be a ?system? coach. Instead, Cohen chose a coach who got the benefit of having substantial offensive talent with Barkley and McSorley and did less with more.

msstate7
11-14-2020, 05:18 PM
Take away the picks and what's the score? We gave them three scores?? You're overreacting. We all know the offense isn't working. But KY didn't smash us.

Does Kentucky get no credit for getting 6 TOs? I saw a whole lot of pressure on our qbs.

msstate7
11-14-2020, 05:26 PM
Back to the games... I'm really having a hard time getting into college footfall games this year. Not sure if it's no crowds or state being way down, but I find myself enjoying the nfl much more than college for the first time in a long time

ShotgunDawg
11-14-2020, 05:51 PM
Back to the games... I'm really having a hard time getting into college footfall games this year. Not sure if it's no crowds or state being way down, but I find myself enjoying the nfl much more than college for the first time in a long time

It’s just a weird year. So many teams are dysfunctional and throw in the cancellations and it’s hard to see these games as anything but exhibitions

ShotgunDawg
11-14-2020, 05:52 PM
Shame on the SEC for not trying to move a few game times around today.

Maroonthirteen
11-14-2020, 05:53 PM
How many team drug problems did those coaches have to solve?

When you say drugs, are you talking heroine ? Crack? Meth? All teams have some players smoking MJ. It only becomes a "drug problem " when those teams lose.

Maroonthirteen
11-14-2020, 05:55 PM

NFL is just a better game. Teams execute at a much higher level obviously. Then most games are closely contested.

msstate7
11-14-2020, 06:08 PM
NFL is just a better game. Teams execute at a much higher level obviously. Then most games are closely contested.

I agree, but that's always been the case. College just seems like a really bad product this year

msstate7
11-14-2020, 06:10 PM
So who is Colorado's coach? He may be a guy to watch. They've been impressive this year

ShotgunDawg
11-14-2020, 06:12 PM
I agree, but that's always been the case. College just seems like a really bad product this year

Without Spring and with some many players opting out, it makes sense.

Along with the lack of practice time, I think the lack of Spring, Zoom meetings, & players being at home really took it's toll on team building & players & staff bonding. Just a bad product this year that in all honesty the records should maybe be throw out.

ShotgunDawg
11-14-2020, 06:33 PM
the USC Arizona game is good.

20-20 in the 4th.

USC is blah.

PGHBulldogBG
11-14-2020, 06:34 PM
So who is Colorado's coach? He may be a guy to watch. They've been impressive this year

He was UCLAs coach in the mid 2000s. Decent but nothing special

Jarius
11-14-2020, 06:34 PM

This is our 3rd losing season in 5 years. The outstanding juco class saved us from having more than that but they also put us where we are currently because we have zero upperclassmen left.

msstate7
11-14-2020, 06:40 PM
This is our 3rd losing season in 5 years. The outstanding juco class saved us from having more than that but they also put us where we are currently because we have zero upperclassmen left.

2nd imo.

Mullen getting a bowl in 2016 was welfare. Moorhead won the 6 to get a bowl.

Jarius
11-14-2020, 06:43 PM
2nd imo.

Mullen getting a bowl in 2016 was welfare. Moorhead won the 6 to get a bowl.

We finished 6-7. That’s a losing season. Going to a bowl game doesn’t mean we had a winning season. I will be the first to admit that I thought we would be better offensively this year but it is pretty obvious that Leach did not inherit anything offensively that fits what he needs to be a competent offense.

msstate7
11-14-2020, 06:47 PM
We finished 6-7. That?s a losing season. Going to a bowl game doesn?t mean we had a winning season.

Fine, well some are more of a loser than others. We won't be losing a bowl this year.

ETA... to be fair, this is a 10-game sec schedule vs 8 in those years. Maybe leach would've ran the OOC schedule for 4 more wins (doubtful, NC state), but he wouldn't have got vandy in normal season.

Jarius
11-14-2020, 06:52 PM
The goal is to not just settle for a season that is less of a loser than the previous, which is why Leach is here to start with. If last year wasn’t shitty, he would not be here. Just because we think he should adjust until he gets his people in here to run his offense doesn’t mean it’s not going to work like it always has once he does.

msstate7
11-14-2020, 07:00 PM
The goal is to not just settle for a season that is less of a loser than the previous, which is why Leach is here to start with. If last year wasn?t shitty, he would not be here. Just because we think he should adjust until he gets his people in here to run his offense doesn?t mean it?s not going to work like it always has once he does.

I was thrilled with the leach hire. After the LSU game, I felt like I was justified in my excitement. I'm worried though now bc I'm seeing improvement. Hopefully you guys are right, and leach is a mastermind working with a buncha of no-talented crackheads (ok, druggies according to gun). I think there's a crap load of blame to place on leach's shoulders too though

Jarius
11-14-2020, 07:04 PM
I was thrilled with the leach hire. After the LSU game, I felt like I was justified in my excitement. I'm worried though now bc I'm seeing improvement. Hopefully you guys are right, and leach is a mastermind working with a buncha of no-talented crackheads (ok, druggies according to gun). I think there's a crap load of blame to place on leach's shoulders too though

I don’t think he’s working with guys with zero talent. I just don’t think a lot of our offensive linemen are built to play in this offense. I also don’t think we have a bunch of crack heads. If he is awful next year on offense and shows no improvement I will also be worried but I don’t expect to see that.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-14-2020, 07:17 PM
Well Vandy made a game of it. 38-35, 407 yards of O for Vandy. Theri OC deserves a raise for doing what he's doing with this talent deficit. I really really hope they beat TN this year

ShotgunDawg
11-14-2020, 07:37 PM
It ticks me off how much more passion Mullen coaches with at Florida compared to MSU. He's way more intense.

I'll always contend that we only got about 60% of him.

ShotgunDawg
11-14-2020, 07:38 PM
Do we want to do the Ole Miss game thread here or start a new thread?

ShotgunDawg
11-14-2020, 07:39 PM
I have no idea what we got from JoMo for 2 years. Absolutely no idea

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1327772488890261505?s=20

msstate7
11-14-2020, 07:39 PM
Do we want to do the Ole Miss game thread here or start a new thread?

You decide buddy.

I'll be interested if we can score vs the terrible OM defense

msstate7
11-14-2020, 07:41 PM
I have no idea what we got from JoMo for 2 years. Absolutely no idea

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1327772488890261505?s=20

Could be Oregon is much more talented than all but usc in the pac12. Could be Moorhead is a good OC, but had HC. There are plenty of examples of guys that can't make the jump from cood to HC

ShotgunDawg
11-14-2020, 07:49 PM
Could be Oregon is much more talented than all but usc in the pac12. Could be Moorhead is a good OC, but had HC. There are plenty of examples of guys that can't make the jump from cood to HC

That has to be the situation & man to man, single coverage SEC defenses screwed his world up.

It'll be interesting to see how JoMo does with a 2nd head coaching shot. It'll come at Oregon State or some place like that, but he may change his discipline style & do well.

Jarius
11-14-2020, 08:14 PM
You decide buddy.

I'll be interested if we can score vs the terrible OM defense

It’s going to be a 2008 level beat down. Their defense is improving.

msstate7
11-14-2020, 08:16 PM
It’s going to be a 2008 level beat down. Their defense is improving.

Maybe not. I'm still dreaming we click on offense any time now

Jarius
11-14-2020, 08:18 PM
We are not going to click on offense this year. Unless 8 gets hurt for them they will name the score. They will move him around like Alabama did their #1 guy and match him up with a walk on safety. They will beat us to death, and I’m a leach homer.

Todd4State
11-14-2020, 08:41 PM

See the thing is you're wrong again.

West Virginia went to FIVE bowls and won eight games before they hired Brown and only won five in year one. And they went from Air Raid guy to Air Raid guy. No questioning the Brown hire from you on that?**

Indiana went to bowls the two years prior to Tom Allen- granted both were 6-6 seasons but then Allen went 5-7 in both years. So, actually worse than the year before and hardly a trend in the right direction.

Wake Forest was 6-7, 5-7, and 4-8 before your boy took them to 3-9 the next two years. And yet you're telling us that you wouldn't have questioned that hire either?**

You're a liar. Period.

The fact of the matter is no one was talking about ANY of these coaches when they were rebuilding their programs. But like a typical MSU fan stuck in the Golden Triangle Bubble you don't understand that most of the time it takes a year or two for most coaches to change over. As far as wins- I didn't have any expectations one way or the other. Too many unknowns with COVID. And without question with the OOC schedule Leach would easily win more than two games.

Todd4State
11-14-2020, 08:43 PM
We finished 6-7. That?s a losing season. Going to a bowl game doesn?t mean we had a winning season. I will be the first to admit that I thought we would be better offensively this year but it is pretty obvious that Leach did not inherit anything offensively that fits what he needs to be a competent offense.

And then there is this. Yes, we have a bowl streak going. We also have losing seasons two out of the last four years.

msstate7
11-14-2020, 08:46 PM

West Virginia went to FIVE bowls and won eight games before they hired Brown and only won five in year one. And they went from Air Raid guy to Air Raid guy. No questioning the Brown hire from you on that?**

Indiana went to bowls the two years prior to Tom Allen- granted both were 6-6 seasons but then Allen went 5-7 in both years. So, actually worse than the year before and hardly a trend in the right direction.

Wake Forest was 6-7, 5-7, and 4-8 before your boy took them to 3-9 the next two years. And yet you're telling us that you wouldn't have questioned that hire either?**

You're a liar. Period.

The fact of the matter is no one was talking about ANY of these coaches when they were rebuilding their programs. But like a typical MSU fan stuck in the Golden Triangle Bubble you don't understand that most of the time it takes a year or two for most coaches to change over. As far as wins- I didn't have any expectations one way or the other. Too many unknowns with COVID. And without question with the OOC schedule Leach would easily win more than two games.

That's good research. I should've remembered that holgerson was pretty good at WV

Todd4State
11-14-2020, 08:46 PM
I don?t think he?s working with guys with zero talent. I just don?t think a lot of our offensive linemen are built to play in this offense. I also don?t think we have a bunch of crack heads. If he is awful next year on offense and shows no improvement I will also be worried but I don?t expect to see that.

He's working with a lot of young players.

Fr at QB and RB.
Walley and Tulu are freshmen. We also don't really have a slot receiver that profiles for this offense. Not yet anyway. That would help some against the defenses we are facing.
Offensive line is two RS sophomores, a true freshman and a DT at least some of the time.

More than anything these players have to develop and grow up as football players. A lot of guys are playing sooner than they should be.

PGHBulldogBG
11-14-2020, 08:48 PM

You're a liar. Period.

WVU actually was 9-3 before Brown came. This is a perfect example of someone looking at a record and not understanding the magnitude of how bad the situation was. Holgerson knew he was done and quit recruiting prior to this. He left the program a big mess to the point they were only expected to win 2 games the next year. Brown had to nuke it and blow it all up. WVU fans are very much reacting to Brown the way MSU fans did with Mullen. He is following the same trajectory

Todd4State
11-14-2020, 08:49 PM
That's good research. I should've remembered that holgerson was pretty good at WV

Look Leach may not work here. History says he will. No ones knows. But for the love of God I just wish our fans would give a coach a couple of years before just declaring that it's all bad and terrible and blaming the coach for everything. There's a difference between saying Croom should get seven years and a difference between saying a coach should get two years.

RocketDawg
11-14-2020, 08:51 PM
Michigan is down 28-0 to Wisconsin. How long will they put up with Harbaugh losing so much? And they're paying him almost as much as Saban.

Todd4State
11-14-2020, 08:51 PM
WVU actually was 9-3 before Brown came. This is a perfect example of someone looking at a record and not understanding the magnitude of how bad the situation was. Holgerson knew he was done and quit recruiting prior to this. He left the program a big mess to the point they were only expected to win 2 games the next year. Brown had to nuke it and blow it all up. WVU fans are very much reacting to Brown the way MSU fans did with Mullen. He is following the same trajectory

The difference is I can't see MSU fans reacting well to going from 9 wins to 5. I'm not sure why West Virginia fans understand the context of their situation and a lot of MSU fans don't understand the context of our situation.

msstate7
11-14-2020, 08:54 PM
Look Leach may not work here. History says he will. No ones knows. But for the love of God I just wish our fans would give a coach a couple of years before just declaring that it's all bad and terrible and blaming the coach for everything. There's a difference between saying Croom should get seven years and a difference between saying a coach should get two years.

No one is saying fire leach. Hell, we can't fire leach. He's gonna get his chance to fix this. I think it's more than fair to question him (or anyone) when the offense is this pathetic though.

msstate7
11-14-2020, 08:55 PM
Michigan is down 28-0 to Wisconsin. How long will they put up with Harbaugh losing so much? And they're paying him almost as much as Saban.

NFL will call him this offseason.

Todd4State
11-14-2020, 09:00 PM
No one is saying fire leach. Hell, we can't fire leach. He's gonna get his chance to fix this. I think it's more than fair to question him (or anyone) when the offense is this pathetic though.

Well, Brandon Walker called out three people on his podcast that post on sixpack for saying that Leach should be fired last week. So, someone is saying it.

I don't have a problem with people questioning- but look at the context of the situation is all I'm saying. We have a coach that has a history of his offenses struggling the first two years. We have a lot of young players. And as I have shown most coaches- I'm sure there are exceptions take a year or two to get it going. Even Dan went 5-7 here. It may have made our fans "feel good" but if you look at it statistically it wasn't all that great.

Jarius
11-14-2020, 09:01 PM

No one is saying fire Leach today but plenty are saying that they know this won’t work which is equally as stupid.

PGHBulldogBG
11-14-2020, 09:13 PM
The difference is I can't see MSU fans reacting well to going from 9 wins to 5. I'm not sure why West Virginia fans understand the context of their situation and a lot of MSU fans don't understand the context of our situation.

Holgerson could never beat the Oklahoma teams and then quit recruiting in 2017 because prior to that year he knew he was done. Lots of arrests and other internal issues. Had he stayed it would?ve been a big disaster. He got lucky getting Grier. He never won the big 12 or went to a title game in 6 years. He was a Mark Richt. Brown gives them that hope and chance

HoopsDawg
11-14-2020, 09:27 PM
No one is saying fire Leach today but plenty are saying that they know this won’t work which is equally as stupid.

It's not going to work unless Leach adapts. And I don't think he will adapt.

CaptainObvious
11-14-2020, 11:20 PM
Well, Brandon Walker called out three people on his podcast that post on sixpack for saying that Leach should be fired last week. So, someone is saying it.

I don't have a problem with people questioning- but look at the context of the situation is all I'm saying. We have a coach that has a history of his offenses struggling the first two years. We have a lot of young players. And as I have shown most coaches- I'm sure there are exceptions take a year or two to get it going. Even Dan went 5-7 here. It may have made our fans "feel good" but if you look at it statistically it wasn't all that great.

Well, to be fair Brandon Walker called out 2 for saying Leach should be fired. He call out a guy named bruiser for criticizing Walker for having to use the F word along with his sidekicks in every sentence to prove he is one of the boys. Kind of funny but I kinda agree. Using the F word on a publicly broadcast forum is kinda skanky to me. But I guess ?most? Christians find that word offensive.

Jarius
11-14-2020, 11:21 PM
It's not going to work unless Leach adapts. And I don't think he will adapt.

Exhibit A.

Todd4State
11-14-2020, 11:41 PM
Well, to be fair Brandon Walker called out 2 for saying Leach should be fired. He call out a guy named bruiser for criticizing Walker for having to use the F word along with his sidekicks in every sentence to prove he is one of the boys. Kind of funny but I kinda agree. Using the F word on a publicly broadcast forum is kinda skanky to me. But I guess ?most? Christians find that word offensive.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't listen to his podcast and I was going off of the post on sixpack.

I don't really care what he says as far as cussing goes on his podcast but I get why some would be offended by that.

HoopsDawg
11-15-2020, 12:36 AM
Exhibit A.

A-Z all day.