PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Murphy Opting out

Hambone
11-12-2020, 07:40 PM
Are we getting very close to shutting down our season?

bulldawg28
11-12-2020, 07:46 PM
The season has been shutdown.

R2Dawg
11-12-2020, 07:50 PM
Yep we are down to scout team players getting major playing time. They better get on the recruiting trail soon. Spring will be JUCO season, go get some studs and convince the good ones we have to stick around another year or two.

Cooterpoot
11-12-2020, 07:57 PM
Can only sign the limit we're stuck with. Losing guys doesn't allow us to sign 30+.

msugolf
11-12-2020, 08:03 PM
Hope you all enjoyed our football program under Mullen because it's going to be a very long time till we get back to just average

R2Dawg
11-12-2020, 08:06 PM
Can only sign the limit we're stuck with. Losing guys doesn't allow us to sign 30+.

Wasn't talking about numbers but quality. Also got to re-recruit the good players we got.

Extendedcab
11-12-2020, 08:06 PM
https://youtu.be/ZAAKPJEq1Ew

Cooterpoot
11-12-2020, 08:09 PM
Wasn't talking about numbers but quality. Also got to re-recruit the good players we got.

We aren't losing any recruits minus possibly one. We've got a top 25 class. Just need to finish up OL and defense.

ZedFedder
11-12-2020, 08:11 PM
Ouch.

HoopsDawg
11-12-2020, 08:17 PM
We aren't losing any recruits minus possibly one. We've got a top 25 class. Just need to finish up OL and defense.

When it's all said and done, we won't be Top 30. For example, we have 21 commits. Penn State only has 14 commits. A lot of schools are going to leap frog us.

HoopsDawg
11-12-2020, 08:18 PM
Hope you all enjoyed our football program under Mullen because it's going to be a very long time till we get back to just average

I'm thinking 2024 at best.

Cooterpoot
11-12-2020, 08:20 PM
When it's all said and done, we won't be Top 30. For example, we have 21 commits. Penn State only has 14 commits. A lot of schools are going to leap frog us.

Probably, but our best recruits are at QB and WR where this offense rolls. I'm ok with a top 30. OM is like over 50.

HoopsDawg
11-12-2020, 08:23 PM
Probably, but our best recruits are at QB and WR where this offense rolls. I'm ok with a top 30. OM is like over 50.

Better sign some quality Olinemen and Dlinemen.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-12-2020, 08:47 PM
Better sign some quality Olinemen and Dlinemen.

Agreed but at the end of the day how much blame can leach take for this class not being great?

MS this year simply has no DL or OL. Leach can -and has- gone out of state to get WRs and QBs, but lineman aren't going to give his name special attention.

Ultimately our recruiting will hang on in state crop. It's why the Florida and Texas schools are considered good jobs, the instate talent is always there.

KOdawg1
11-12-2020, 09:05 PM
Murphy has an actual excuse to opt out with his kid's illness.

But that's not the reason he's opting out. Apparently, a practice earlier this week before everything got shut down got pretty intense. Might see another player leave soon.

I don't know what happened at practice or who the other player is.

bulldawg28
11-12-2020, 09:11 PM

But that's not the reason he's opting out. Apparently, a practice earlier this week before everything got shut down got pretty intense. Might see another player leave soon.

Hmmm....sounds like a leadership problem.

maroonmania
11-12-2020, 09:13 PM

Starting to think it would have been much better for our program if we had had no season and just started back with a full Spring Practice next year to implement this offense. Its obvious that a Fall camp and during the season is not adequate to start doing what we're doing with players that have never been in this kind of system before.

DownwardDawg
11-12-2020, 09:41 PM
https://youtu.be/ZAAKPJEq1Ew

Man I miss that.

BeardoMSU
11-12-2020, 10:23 PM
I'm ok with a top 30. OM is like over 50.

Truth be told, we need to worry about more than just out-recruiting them...

DAWGS1
11-12-2020, 10:25 PM
No they are just a bunch of prima donnas that can?t take the heat in the kitchen and need to get the fU?? out of the way for those that can.
This is a microcosm of our entire culture these days
No competitive fire, no belief in no I in Team, no leadership, no guts - I don?t want these type of guys on our Miss St team - period!
Enjoy minimum wage in W Point when you may could have had an opportunity in the NFL.
17 em all !!

BuckyIsAB****
11-12-2020, 10:40 PM

First I have heard of this. Would not surprise me. Leach is going to thin the herd.

My 2 cents is he has a legit reason. He has been a great kid and a winner. He is not one to pitch a fit like Kylin was so that is interesting to hear

Cooterpoot
11-12-2020, 11:08 PM
First I have heard of this. Would not surprise me. Leach is going to thin the herd.

My 2 cents is he has a legit reason. He has been a great kid and a winner. He is not one to pitch a fit like Kylin was so that is interesting to hear

He was right there with Kylin a few months ago. He threatened to leave too but not as publicly as Kylin. His coach called him out and he quit. Two more are likely "opting out" too.
I expected both of them to quit and here we are.

BuckyIsAB****
11-12-2020, 11:15 PM
He was right there with Kylin a few months ago. He threatened to leave too but not as publicly as Kylin. His coach called him out and he quit. Two more are likely "opting out" too.

Would not shock me but I personally like Murphy. Not his teammate or anything and I don?t know him but just from my experience he didn?t seem like one who would do that.

Jarius
11-12-2020, 11:44 PM

Yep.

bulldawg28
11-13-2020, 03:29 AM
No they are just a bunch of prima donnas that can?t take the heat in the kitchen and need to get the fU?? out of the way for those that can.
No competitive fire, no belief in no I in Team, no leadership, no guts - I don?t want these type of guys on our Miss St team - period!
Enjoy minimum wage in W Point when you may could have had an opportunity in the NFL.
17 em all !!

Dumb post.

Dawgology
11-13-2020, 12:16 PM
Well hopefully he didn’t get in a fist fight with any of his coaches. I don’t see him doing anything like that.

confucius say
11-13-2020, 12:25 PM
Dumb post.

I'm guessing that moron is a troll

BB30
11-13-2020, 01:14 PM
17 em all !!

Eh he is probably going to still get a shot at the NFL and I think he has a chance to get drafted potentially. He is athletic enough. If he gets an opportunity I think he will do well. He is a good kid.

Dawgology
11-13-2020, 01:21 PM
Eh he is probably going to still get a shot at the NFL and I think he has a chance to get drafted potentially. He is athletic enough. If he gets an opportunity I think he will do well. He is a good kid.

I think he has NFL potential about like Josh Robinson did. He’s was also just hitting his stride and got a taste of NFL “potential” but jumped too soon. I hope he opts back in next year or at least finds someplace to play his senior year. I think it would help him tremendously in the draft.

StarkVegasSteve
11-13-2020, 01:22 PM
17 em all !!

I always find it humorous that we have "fans" like this that'll post all over the place about how we're FAMILY and then proceed to throw every player under the bus and god help them if the player ever leaves. Now I know this is just a troll, but we do have fans who think like this.

msbulldog
11-13-2020, 06:18 PM
ban hin

confucius say
11-13-2020, 06:36 PM
I hope Murphy plays college again somewhere for his sake. Put more on film. Get a college degree. Bc he has about as much chance as getting drafted right now as shotgun does.
Hope the best for the young man though