PDA

View Full Version : So on Bo Bounds show

4Dawgs4Life
11-08-2013, 12:07 PM
There was a guest who said that Mullen missed his chance for a much better job. That he should have left because there is no way that a coach can win at Mississippi State consistently. Two questions, do we believe that and if better programs wanted Mullen then why are we wanting to get rid if him?

I say Mullen is overcoming our lack if tradition with superior player development. Also come next year Dak will have had a year under his belt and Mullen will be able to open up the offense even more and show the country why he was seen as one if the hottest assistants when we hires him.

Do y'all realize that Bama, LSU, and probably aTm all lose their starting QBs? The only somewhat decent returning starter is Wallace. I say the schedule turns in our favor and we have one of if not best QB in the west if not league. I think we finish no worse than second in the west next year.

Dak > Wallace

Do we really waste that opportunity to win next year by bringing in a new coach who MIGHT do better?

Political Hack
11-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Michigan, Miami, Minnesota, Tennessee, Penn State, and probably some others I didn't list have shown interest.

Michigan's AD or President one was quoted after the Gator Bowl beat down as saying "Maybe he did invent football." I still think that's hilarious.

cheewgumm
11-08-2013, 12:49 PM
Once we get into our easy scehdule next year and with the fact our fans think 6 wins is "progressing", he'll be here forever.

So, maybe 3 yrs down the road some of these people will finaly get tired of only beating crappy teams, but I doubt it.

Rigth now, we are close to Ole Miss. In 3 yrs if we stay this course, I predict they will CLEARLY be better than us. OF course then the narrative will change to "we should not expect to compete with Ole Miss. They ahve all these advantages."

It's pretty discouraging.

Hopefully I'm wrong and we beat A&M and Ole Miss...expecially if we are not willing to make a change.

There was a guest who said that Mullen missed his chance for a much better job. That he should have left because there is no way that a coach can win at Mississippi State consistently. Two questions, do we believe that and if better programs wanted Mullen then why are we wanting to get rid if him?

I say Mullen is overcoming our lack if tradition with superior player development. Also come next year Dak will have had a year under his belt and Mullen will be able to open up the offense even more and show the country why he was seen as one if the hottest assistants when we hires him.

Do y'all realize that Bama, LSU, and probably aTm all lose their starting QBs? The only somewhat decent returning starter is Wallace. I say the schedule turns in our favor and we have one of if not best QB in the west if not league. I think we finish no worse than second in the west next year.

Dak > Wallace

Do we really waste that opportunity to win next year by bringing in a new coach who MIGHT do better?

4Dawgs4Life
11-08-2013, 01:03 PM
What bothers me more, to be honest, is how we got behind in basketball. That's the bigger problem. Because we have the tradition and better arena. I mean tad pad really?

Political Hack
11-08-2013, 01:05 PM
What bothers me more, to be honest, is how we got behind in basketball. That's the bigger problem. Because we have the tradition and better arena. I mean tad pad really?

ok, you've got to be trolling if you think we're behind that shitastic program in basketball.

HancockCountyDog
11-08-2013, 01:13 PM
ok, you've got to be trolling if you think we're behind that shitastic program in basketball.

Im not sure how far behind we are - but they went to the tourney last year, and will probably win more games than us this year, if they aren't ahead of us in basketball right now, then how do you measure it as opposed to wins and losses? Serious question.

IT just seems like if you took your quote and pretended to be a bear baseball fan, you would be doing the same thing. I mean, on what objective basis do you think they haven't passed us in basketball?

4Dawgs4Life
11-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Well they did win the SEC last year.

Now to be honest we did embarras them but somehow that caused them to go on a heck of a run. But no overall I don't think they have passed us. I think Ray gets us back in the next two years. I just hate we have to go through two down years. But if those idiots can ever build an arena over there and keep it going and we don't recognize them yes they can and will pass us.

DownwardDawg
11-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Well they did win the SEC last year.

Now to be honest we did embarras them but somehow that caused them to go on a heck of a run. But no overall I don't think they have passed us. I think Ray gets us back in the next two years. I just hate we have to go through two down years. But if those idiots can ever build an arena over there and keep it going and we don't recognize them yes they can and will pass us.

Wait!!! Ole miss won the SEC last year????? Huh???

M.Fillmore
11-08-2013, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE=4Dawgs4Life;82258]Well they did win the SEC tournamentlast year.
QUOTE]
Fixed it for you. There is a gargantuan difference in winning the SEC tourney (which they have done twice in their history) and in winning the SEC (which they have never done).

They have never passed us in hoops, never will. Ray may or may not pan out, but they are terrible.

Political Hack
11-08-2013, 01:38 PM
AK will never pass State in basketball. A one year bump and an early tourney exit is great and all, but we've owned them for a long time and will continue to own them in the foreseeable future.

Thick
11-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Wait, wtf is going on here? OM pass us in basketball?? Have any of you noticed who graduated this past year? The meat and potatoes of their rebounding and post scoring are gone. Regardless, we will be better this year, plus we play in a shitty conference.

So it all evens out in the end!

HancockCountyDog
11-08-2013, 02:01 PM
AK will never pass State in basketball. A one year bump and an early tourney exit is great and all, but we've owned them for a long time and will continue to own them in the foreseeable future.

So you think we have a better season than them this year?

Stans owned AK, Ray got a nice win last year, but its hard to say we aren't behind them right now as a program. Over the last 4 years AK is 91-47; MSU the last four years 72-59;

Now, I don't think they can compete with us regarding facilities or tradition - but its hard to say that they aren't ahead of us in basketball - especially if they win another 20 games this year and we struggle to get to 15.

justwin
11-08-2013, 02:12 PM

We still beat their best team with our worst team over the last 20 years

4Dawgs4Life
11-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Listen guys you are just proving my point in another thread about history and tradition. See the difference in the sports for each school?

That's all I'm saying. No they haven't passed us but in the last few years they have been more successful. Is it because we are focusing more in catching up in football? Do we need to just refocus on basketball and keep baseball going and let Mullen have time in football or can we do it all?

M.Fillmore
11-08-2013, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=4Dawgs4Life;82302] No they haven't passed us but in the last few years they have been more successful. Is it because we are focusing more in catching up in football? QUOTE]

Say what?

In the last 10 years, we have an SEC title (something) they have never done. They have an SEC tourney title, so do we and we would have more without the screw job by John Wall and the refs.

We had mucho SEC-West titles which bored us, when they tied us for an SEC west title and the University (not JoeBob's klucker fruit stand) came out with shirts that read in huge letters SEC BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS and in itty bitty letters underneath it read "western division".

It would be easier to argue that Samford has passed us in baseball than to argue that the bears have passed us in hoops.

engie
11-08-2013, 02:52 PM
"Surpassing MSU" = losing 14 of 15 in Humphrey Coliseum and 8 of 15 in Tad Smith.

engie
11-08-2013, 02:54 PM

How many ridiculous posts and threads does this guy have to make in a row before we accept this is reality?

I'm sure they are laughing their asses off over in the IPF**

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2013, 02:54 PM

Dak > Wallace

I have no interest in Dan Mullen opening up the offense. I want ground and pound, then play action over the top, Stanford style. We are best when we do that.

Political Hack
11-08-2013, 02:55 PM
So you think we have a better season than them this year?

Stans owned AK, Ray got a nice win last year, but its hard to say we aren't behind them right now as a program. Over the last 4 years AK is 91-47; MSU the last four years 72-59;

Now, I don't think they can compete with us regarding facilities or tradition - but its hard to say that they aren't ahead of us in basketball - especially if they win another 20 games this year and we struggle to get to 15.

We own them on the hardwood. Have forever. I don't care if they're 100-50 over the last five years if we're 40-10 against them during that span.

They have a joke of a program. One or two year blips on the radar don't fix leaky gyms, a terrible history, and a lopsided record against your not-real rival.

Does Wichita State have a better program than Duke because they made the final four last year?

CJDAWG85
11-08-2013, 03:05 PM

Subtract last year and go by the previous 3. TSUN is 64-39 and MSU is 62-38. MSU is 4-2 vs. TSUN those 3 years.

Sam&DeansDawg
11-08-2013, 03:13 PM

I agree Dawgs4Life. When it rains it pours. They s*** on us last year. And they're bringing back Marshall H but he's missing a few games. It's still raining huh?

4Dawgs4Life
11-08-2013, 03:15 PM
We own them on the hardwood. Have forever. I don't care if they're 100-50 over the last five years if we're 40-10 against them during that span.

They have a joke of a program. One or two year blips on the radar don't fix leaky gyms, a terrible history, and a lopsided record against your not-real rival.

Does Wichita State have a better program than Duke because they made the final four last year?

Think you guys are missing my point with the basketball question. I agree. I have said so. I'm just saying you can't take for granted what they ahve done the last few years. For example they took for granted what Mullen was doing with our program. They said the same type of things that we are about basketball. Now look. They realized they couldn't hide their heads in the sand anymore and that's why they made the move they did. Now, I think Freezy is a flash in the pan. But still I think the mindset was the same as ours about baseball and basketball. We can't let them even appear to pass us. Who is the media talking about in the SEC right now? Kentucky, obviously but then it's Marshall Henderson and OM. So while I think Ray is the right guy I hope it doesn't take long. In fact I hope he puts those arrogant pricks in their place this year. Putting them out of the SEC tourney would be huge start!

601Dawg
11-08-2013, 03:33 PM

NOT UNLESS RAY LANDS SOME good recruits.

This year's recruiting class consisted of
IJ Ready a solid (not great) undersized PG who was a 3 star
Fallou Ndoye a C who was ruled academically ineligible low 3 star who didn't score much at his prep school
Travis Daniels a 3/4 combo who never passed college algebra at JUCO and was a wasted signee in this class 3 star

So of the 3 only ONE will put on a jersey this season.

He has 4 commits for next year (including Elijah Staley)
Dunlap an undersized SG with deep range but needs to RS his FR year due to being a buck sixty low 3 star
Oliver Black a 6'9" kid from Jackson who is now at a prep school in FLA trying to get eligible 3 star and if pans out may be a good one
Houston a 6'7" wing from Montgomery another 3 star solid play but no star material
Staley who is a 3/4 combo who will have to split time with football.

So 2 classes all to ray and not a single 4 star recruit at all.

We just can't win if Vandy, Georgia, Ole Miss, South Carolina and other bottom end SEC basketball programs are landing 4 and even 5 star talent while we settle for 3 star guys because they are "coachable" and "Good Kids" which im sure they are but if they cant play and win games they are the type of recruits who get a first time head coach fired REALLY QUICK.