PDA

View Full Version : Hoops game tonight

CJDAWG85
11-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Anyone see a line on our game?

Tbonewannabe
11-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Is there anyway to watch it besides buying HailState TV?

CJDAWG85
11-08-2013, 12:13 PM
I'm going. I was just curious what Vegas put the line at.

msstate7
11-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Is there anyway to watch it besides buying HailState TV?
In person. Is it gonna be a local radio broadcast?

bully99
11-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Since we're playing most of the swac,maybe they'll forfeit and we won't have to play.

CadaverDawg
11-08-2013, 01:30 PM
I'm excited about tonight. I hope we beat that ass and start gaining confidence. Last year the schedule kept us from getting anything going, but we still fought hard all season. This year with a better schedule, maybe we can get a little early momentum and confidence.

smootness
11-08-2013, 01:38 PM
I said at the beginning of the year last year that the only thing I could judge Ray on, and the only thing I wanted to see, was the team to still be playing hard and fighting at the end of the year...because given what we knew was coming, that was a very difficult task.

Well, that happened. The only things I can judge Ray on so far, he has excelled in. So I'm all-in until he proves he can't get it done. Why any State fan would take a different approach than that, I can't answer.

CadaverDawg
11-08-2013, 01:39 PM
I said at the beginning of the year last year that the only thing I could judge Ray on, and the only thing I wanted to see, was the team to still be playing hard and fighting at the end of the year...because given what we knew was coming, that was a very difficult task.

Well, that happened. The only things I can judge Ray on so far, he has excelled in. So I'm all-in until he proves he can't get it done. Why any State fan would take a different approach than that, I can't answer.

You nailed it. Agree completely

Tbonewannabe
11-08-2013, 01:46 PM

I just didn't want to see anyone snowbirding. My wife will still get pissed if I mention Robert Jackson slow running down the court holding up his finger. His man would then get an easy layup and he would be yelling for the ball at midcourt.

It_Could_Happen
11-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Hearing great things on campus. I really think this team could surprise some people. They get after it. I'm not saying we will make the tournament, but I really think we can win 17-18 games.

CJDAWG85
11-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Hearing great things on campus. I really think this team could surprise some people. They get after it. I'm not saying we will make the tournament, but I really think we can win 17-18 games.

Not the big dance, but one of those postseason tourneys.

MarketingBully01
11-08-2013, 04:01 PM
We should. The SEC sucks again in basketball. With that schedule, we should win 18-20 games. We don't play a team with a pulse until Utah State and even then I don't think they are supposed to be good.

We should be at 10-3 to start the SEC season. Shit, if we were average we should be 11-2, 12-1 with that schedule with a loss to UNLV. My best guess is we will be 9-4 with one of those a loss to a team we shouldn't lose to.

I am not sold on Ray yet and really won't be unless he gets to the 17-20 win range. That record will probably get us to the NIT because it sure as shit won't get us to the big dance with our strength of schedule. Just my two cents and if he is as great a coach as you guys say he is 18-20 wins should be what he gets.

Political Hack
11-08-2013, 04:10 PM
if we win more than 17 I think it'll be a pleasant surprise to people.

I was hoping it was on espn360.

sleepy dawg
11-08-2013, 04:43 PM
You underestimate Utah State's home court advantage. No other place like it in the country.

engie
11-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Excited about it for sure...

CJDAWG85
11-08-2013, 05:09 PM
I'll just create a line haha.

MSU -19-

Dawg61
11-08-2013, 05:13 PM

It's fair to start judging Ray on recruiting now too

smootness
11-08-2013, 05:38 PM
It's fair to start judging Ray on recruiting now too

Going forward, yes. The 2012 or 2013 classes? No.

But just because we can start judging him on recruiting doesn't mean that the 2014 class will prove what kind of recruiter he will be. The one place where someone who was more proven or had been in the area longer would have a leg up on Ray is in initial recruiting out of the gate. It doesn't mean we should have gone that route rather than Ray, but he is having to create new relationships; and our on-court product is awful so it's hard for him to sell that right now.

As long as he begins showing that he can bring in some guys that either a) other schools want or b) come in and get the job done, I'm ok.

Dawg61
11-08-2013, 05:41 PM
He signed two players that won't play for MSU in 2013 and 1 of those never will. Those details get remembered.

MarketingBully01
11-09-2013, 01:56 AM
So in other words you are gong with the five year plan in a sport where one player can make a difference whether you are average or great. I think a fair amount of time to judge a coach in college basketball is three years. If he isn't doing it in three, he isn't going to do it.

Thick
11-09-2013, 08:13 AM
He signed two players that won't play for MSU in 2013 and 1 of those never will. Those details get remembered.

Refresh my memory on the player that never will, please? My memory is a little fuzzy.

Dawg61
11-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Travis Daniels and you could also add Quantel Denson to the list. Missing on 3 out of 4 signees is a recipe for disaster. Ray needs about 4 straight seasons he doesn't miss on the guys he signs.

Coach34
11-09-2013, 10:02 AM
So in other words you are gong with the five year plan in a sport where one player can make a difference whether you are average or great. I think a fair amount of time to judge a coach in college basketball is three years. If he isn't doing it in three, he isn't going to do it.

well you can give that up- Ray will be here 4 years at least. Last year didnt even count in the Administration's mind- that went on Stands. In their eyes- this is Year 1

tcdog70
11-09-2013, 11:44 AM

Amen, You speak the truth. In Basketball three years is plenty of time .

smootness
11-09-2013, 12:01 PM

This is absurd. Just because one player can make the difference doesn't mean that a coach that doesn't immediately pull in studs in recruiting won't ever win. That's a joke.

Look at Tom Crean's record his first 3 years at Indiana. And keep in mind, that was Tom Crean, a known quantity with proven success in a major conference, and it was at Indiana, with way more advantages in their basketball program than a place like State.

I don't get this idea that just because there are fewer players and each individual recruit is more important, it means a coach better get it done quicker. It still takes time to build something unless you're John Calipari and every top recruit in the country follows you wherever you go.

Quaoarsking
11-09-2013, 12:23 PM

It took Andy Kennedy, what, 6?, years to make the NCAA Tournament...