PDA

View Full Version : OT: The Master's - who's going to win?

RocketDawg
11-12-2020, 08:59 AM
I think either Bryson DeChambeau, John Rahm, Bruce Koepka, or Dustin Johnson will win. Of those four, I'm going with DeChambeau.

They have a weather delay this morning, as expected, this morning. Probably won't get play restarted until very late morning or early afternoon.

Broadcast is on ESPN starting at 12:00 noon. Can livestream the entire tournament on masters.com

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2020, 09:13 AM
This is going to be a Masters unlike any other. I'd look to someone who has experience at Augusta. Wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of past champions in contention headed to the weekend. You have to know how to play the golf course. Day, McIlroy, Koepka, Simpson, Rahm, and DJ are my favorites. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bubba Watson in contention on Sunday. He knows his way around Augusta as good as anyone. And obviously Tiger and Phil always seem to turn it up a notch at Augusta, even if Phil is all over the place right now.

HailStateSZN19
11-12-2020, 09:35 AM
Rory, Justin Thomas, Brooks Koepka, and Tyrell Hatton are my 4 picks that I think the winner will come out of.

state66
11-12-2020, 10:52 AM
It’s the young guys on tour you have to watch out for. There is no crowds to cause pressure that would normally fold a younger guy on tour. That has a lot to do with the ascent of scottie schefler and Collin Morikawa.

BrunswickDawg
11-12-2020, 11:01 AM
This is going to be a Masters unlike any other. I'd look to someone who has experience at Augusta. Wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of past champions in contention headed to the weekend. You have to know how to play the golf course. Day, McIlroy, Koepka, Simpson, Rahm, and DJ are my favorites. Wouldn't be surprised to see Bubba Watson in contention on Sunday. He knows his way around Augusta as good as anyone. And obviously Tiger and Phil always seem to turn it up a notch at Augusta, even if Phil is all over the place right now.

I'm going to be very interested to see if playing in the fall instead of spring has an impact. Some of you turf/golf guys may know - are they playing on an overseed or the regular grass? I know whenever I've played on overseed, courses game play very differently - especially in the short game.

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2020, 12:15 PM
It’s the young guys on tour you have to watch out for. There is no crowds to cause pressure that would normally fold a younger guy on tour. That has a lot to do with the ascent of scottie schefler and Collin Morikawa.
Any other tournament you'd be correct, but this isn't any other tournament and Augusta isn't any other course. Course knowledge and knowing where to miss is WAY more important than anything else at Augusta.

FISHDAWG
11-12-2020, 03:40 PM
The course is tame today... looking forward to drying out and firming up over the weekend

RocketDawg
11-12-2020, 04:45 PM
I'm going to be very interested to see if playing in the fall instead of spring has an impact. Some of you turf/golf guys may know - are they playing on an overseed or the regular grass? I know whenever I've played on overseed, courses game play very differently - especially in the short game.

That's a good question and I don't know. The Bermuda fairways may be the same since I doubt they've had a freeze or much of a frost there yet, but I don't see how bentgrass greens could live through an Augusta summer. It gets hot there. The greens look a little splotchy compared to a normal year.

You're right about overseed - rye looks good but just doesn't set the ball up like Bermuda or zoysia does.

RocketDawg
11-12-2020, 04:47 PM
Tiger had a great first round today. -4, and it was his first bogey-free round in 106 rounds at the Master's. That's pretty amazing. I think he's in 2nd place at the moment. He seems to reach back and find some adrenalin or something at this tournament.

FISHDAWG
11-12-2020, 05:24 PM
Yep saw that and that's not an easy thing to do... it tells me his head is into his game right now... I've never been a Tiger fan before but I've found myself pulling for him since the last Masters.... It actually feels good and probably should have before that ... would have made for many more less boring Sunday afternoons

Liverpooldawg
11-13-2020, 12:47 AM
Tiger had a great first round today. -4, and it was his first bogey-free round in 106 rounds at the Master's. That's pretty amazing. I think he's in 2nd place at the moment. He seems to reach back and find some adrenalin or something at this tournament.
It's the Masters. The great ones always do.