PDA

View Full Version : Leach, you stubborn SOB...

HoopsDawg
11-11-2020, 08:23 PM
we have another bye this weekend thanks to Covid. Make some adjustments!! Your offense has been pathetic. Adapt or die. You are making 5 million.

That is all.

Bothrops
11-11-2020, 08:27 PM
Taco Hell...may I have your order..

MaroonFlounder
11-11-2020, 09:44 PM
we have another bye this weekend thanks to Covid. Make some adjustments!! Your offense has been pathetic. Adapt or die. You are making 5 million.

That is all.

He's not going to do it unless he gets his type of guys in here and it still doesn't work.

Give it up. It's just going to eat you up inside.

Turfdawg67
11-11-2020, 09:50 PM
Wash, rinse, repeat thread... maybe he'll get the message this time. :confused:

Todd4State
11-11-2020, 09:55 PM
Hoops why don't you make an adjustment and go follow some other team or shut the **** up? Like Leach is going to pull some mobile QB out of his ass at this point in the year anyway. Same re-hashed bullshit from you every day.

Harrydawg
11-11-2020, 10:01 PM
If you think this guy is going to change at this point you are an ignorant SOB and I can?t help you. All successful coaches are 100% committed to a process and plan!

Remember - the chicken is involved that pig is committed. People - stop and ride the process out or GTFO.

Doggie_Style
11-11-2020, 10:25 PM
If you think this guy is going to change at this point you are an ignorant SOB and I can?t help you. All successful coaches are 100% committed to a process and plan!

Remember - the chicken is involved that pig is committed. People - stop and ride the process out or GTFO.

What we are doing is the actual definition of insanity.....and we are stuck with it for years to come. If you want to spend your money on it cool

HoopsDawg
11-11-2020, 10:27 PM
Hoops why don't you make an adjustment and go follow some other team or shut the **** up? Like Leach is going to pull some mobile QB out of his ass at this point in the year anyway. Same re-hashed bullshit from you every day.

Todd, thank you for keeping this post to 3 sentences. First post of yours I have actually read in about 3 years.

HoopsDawg
11-11-2020, 10:30 PM
He's not going to do it unless he gets his type of guys in here and it still doesn't work.

Give it up. It's just going to eat you up inside.

I'm not even mad anymore. I bet huge on Vandy and the under. I was preparing for a 5 figure bet on AU -13.5. I'm simply astounded at how awful Leach is. I pride myself on these sort of things, but I had no idea that one defense could completely shut down his offense and that he didn't have a counter. No one in their right mind would throw the ball 60 times per game against a team dropping 8 in coverage.

Harrydawg
11-11-2020, 10:31 PM

What we are doing is the actual definition of insanity.....and we are stuck with it for years to come. If you want to spend your money on it cool

So he supposed to do a 180 from everything he knows and has built his career on? Sorry guys - it just doesn?t work like that. Strap in and look forward to better days ahead.

DownwardDawg
11-11-2020, 10:35 PM
Todd, thank you for keeping this post to 3 sentences. First post of yours I have actually read in about 3 years.

Hahaha!!! I enjoy Todd's posts, but this was funny as hell to me!!!

yjnkdawg
11-11-2020, 10:36 PM
Yeah, CML actually reads MSU message boards to get insight, assistance and direction on what he needs to do next. Yeah the same reason that John Cohen reads the boards. LOL :D

HoopsDawg
11-11-2020, 10:57 PM
So he supposed to do a 180 from everything he knows and has built his career on? Sorry guys - it just doesn?t work like that. Strap in and look forward to better days ahead.

I wonder if ever looks at his coaching tree:

Lincoln Riley has had many articles written about his offense at OU where he took Leach's Air Raid and combined it with a running game.
Dana Holgerson branched out and started using RPO and the Run game to set up play action.
Kliff Kingsbury has made huge adjustments. Art Briles instilled a good run game.

The only person still running the pure Air Raid is Leach. He's literally the only one.

Homedawg
11-11-2020, 11:28 PM
I'm not even mad anymore. I bet huge on Vandy and the under. I was preparing for a 5 figure bet on AU -13.5. I'm simply astounded at how awful Leach is. I pride myself on these sort of things, but I had no idea that one defense could completely shut down his offense and that he didn't have a counter. No one in their right mind would throw the ball 60 times per game against a team dropping 8 in coverage.

When they avg less than 2 running throwing sounds like a good idea.....��*♂️
If you start this thread tomorrow it will be the 100th we know you think CML sucks in the last 5 days. Give it up. We get it. Rinse repeat.

HoopsDawg
11-11-2020, 11:31 PM

I know you aren't a complete dumbass. So I know I don't have to spell it out for you. But obviously I'm talking about a little more than just running the inside zone, the draw, and the toss.

Todd4State
11-11-2020, 11:32 PM

Great. Try reading more then maybe you'll actually be able to come up with another topic besides how you think Leach needs to adjust. Dipshit.

Todd4State
11-11-2020, 11:33 PM
If you start this thread tomorrow it will be the 100th we know you think CML sucks in the last 5 days. Give it up. We get it. Rinse repeat.

No! All we need to do is make some adjustments an we'll look like LSU 2019.****

Lord McBuckethead
11-12-2020, 12:39 AM
Mike Leach will win here. It is also going to require fan buy in. Get on board or get out.

Todd4State
11-12-2020, 01:13 AM
Mike Leach will win here. It is also going to require fan buy in. Get on board or get out.

You're right. Unfortunately it's pretty evident some fans won't.

he's going to have to overcome it like Cohen did when he was the baseball coach.

msu15
11-12-2020, 02:18 AM
Somebody watched Moneyball on Netflix

bulldawg28
11-12-2020, 05:38 AM
Yeah, CML actually reads MSU message boards to get insight, assistance and direction on what he needs to do next. Yeah the same reason that John Cohen reads the boards. LOL :D

As corky as Leach is I wouldn't be surprised if he actually read message boards.

PGHBulldogBG
11-12-2020, 08:02 AM
All I know is that if Drinkwitz comes into Starkville and beats Leach, I?m sure people will still try to claim Leach was the better hire on here

Maroonthirteen
11-12-2020, 08:04 AM
More words.... Todd's avg post or Mike Leach play book? ***

KentuckyDawg13
11-12-2020, 09:45 AM
This "GET OUT" mantra needs to be killed. Many of us have been MSU fans for decades, to suggest such for criticizing a shit product on the field is ludicrous.
Just STFU w that mess. Leach too.

NWADAWG
11-12-2020, 10:37 AM
Wash, rinse, repeat thread... maybe he'll get the message this time. :confused:

Maybe my vision was tricked by my wishful thinking but it did seem like the splits on the O-line were less wide against Vandy than previous games. Not the change we are really needing but it's something.

sandwolf
11-12-2020, 11:09 AM

https://i.gifer.com/41KY.gif

RoseHillDog
11-12-2020, 11:23 AM
Lets remember that Mike Leach went 3-9 his first year at Washington State. I don't understand what you all are expecting? We have been a run first team my 47 years on this earth. We hired a coach who is a throw it first coach, we are asking him to change his offense that he has success with everywhere he has been, come on.

R2Dawg
11-12-2020, 12:52 PM

This is an overused cliche. The only buy in the fans need to do is buy tickets and show up. They don't have to get on board with any scheme for it to work. Fans don't run the routes or execute the plays. We just have to show up and financially support. I've done that my whole life until a coach was worn out his welcome and then I pulled the support plug. Fans getting on board with coach decisions is ill informed statement.

R2Dawg
11-12-2020, 12:55 PM
This "GET OUT" mantra needs to be killed. Many of us have been MSU fans for decades, to suggest such for criticizing a shit product on the field is ludicrous.
Just STFU w that mess. Leach too.

Yep agree. That is just the cancel culture that is taking over these days. Total disrespect that must stop. I've given more and more bought into MSU and vested than Leach ever will be. So are so many others.

R2Dawg
11-12-2020, 12:56 PM
Maybe my vision was tricked by my wishful thinking but it did seem like the splits on the O-line were less wide against Vandy than previous games. Not the change we are really needing but it's something.

I tend to agree with that. Could it be that part was due to having so many new OL playing? Think about that for a minute.

The Federalist Engineer
11-12-2020, 02:06 PM
This is an overused cliche. The only buy in the fans need to do is buy tickets and show up. They don't have to get on board with any scheme for it to work. Fans don't run the routes or execute the plays. We just have to show up and financially support. I've done that my whole life until a coach was worn out his welcome and then I pulled the support plug. Fans getting on board with coach decisions is ill informed statement.

I would have to say, yes. If the fan support were enough, Mullen would have been victorious vs Alabama the year of the "We Believe" cult. Shows what happens when you combine Women, Football, Internet, and Xanax.

I'm not coming out against Leach, this will be sorted out and come out alright. Just saying. For me, a great year to watch soccer instead. English Premier League has never been better and more unpredictable. Plus, baseball starts in a few months.

https://secureservercdn.net/198.71.233.254/32d.42b.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/We-Believe-MSU-family21.jpg

https://nukegingrich.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/we-believe-miss-state.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/EpNCwtEuXn4/hqdefault.jpg

viverlibre
11-12-2020, 03:29 PM

That is all.

You may just want to take off the rest of this football season (call it load management) and likely the first part of next season. Huntin' season is coming up, turn your thoughts toward that.

Percho
11-12-2020, 03:48 PM
Lets remember that Mike Leach went 3-9 his first year at Washington State. I don't understand what you all are expecting? We have been a run first team my 47 years on this earth. We hired a coach who is a throw it first coach, we are asking him to change his offense that he has success with everywhere he has been, come on.

As, Pogo said, "We have found the enemy and it ain't, Leach".

Extendedcab
11-12-2020, 04:38 PM
You may just want to take off the rest of this football season (call it load management) and likely the first part of next season. Huntin' season is coming up, turn your thoughts toward that.

Are you sure you want to recommend he pick up a gun? Just saying ... :D

BuckyIsAB****
11-12-2020, 05:12 PM

That is all.

Have fun making adjustments behind the OL we put out there Saturday. Bear Bryant couldn?t have done it.

MaroonFlounder
11-12-2020, 07:30 PM
Have fun making adjustments behind the OL we put out there Saturday. Bear Bryant couldn?t have done it.

Hoops needs to stick to....HOOPS.

Coach34
11-12-2020, 07:41 PM

That OL was still as talented and likely more than the people Vandy put out there. Be careful running too many people off as Crooms did. This program had been to 10 straight bowls and didnt need a house-cleaning. It needed a little retooling. Gutting this program would be ridiculous

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2020, 07:45 PM
That OL was still as talented and likely more than the people Vandy put out there. Be careful running too many people off as Crooms did. This program had been to 10 straight bowls and didnt need a house-cleaning. It needed a little retooling. Gutting this program would be ridiculous

What does retooling mean when you have a culture problem?

And BTW, we all acknowledged we had a culture problem last year.

What would you have done without a Spring?

R2Dawg
11-12-2020, 07:48 PM

Agree but that is exactly what is going on. Croom went way too far. If I remember correctly he lost over 30 players that first year. This feels about like the same thing. I've said before our program is being nuked right in front of our eyes.

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2020, 07:50 PM
Agree but that is exactly what is going on. Croom went way too far. If I remember correctly he lost over 30 players that first year. This feels about like the same thing. I've said before our program is being nuked right in front of our eyes.

Joe already nuked the program. We’re just gutting it for the rebuild

It was already nuked.

R2Dawg
11-12-2020, 07:54 PM
Joe already nuked the program. We’re just gutting it for the rebuild

It was already nuked.

I agree Joe did major damage but I don't think it was nuked yet; it is now finished off. There was still talent here when Leach arrived to compete but we are a multi-year rebuild now.

I predict this will go about like the Croom era did. Leach will luck up and win 6-7 one year and a new AD will threaten him to change or resign. History repeating itself.

BuckyIsAB****
11-12-2020, 10:56 PM

No. It wasn?t. That was the worst OL that has ever taken the field that I have laid eyes on for state. Worse than 2015 with Rufus warren at Tackle. Worse than 2003 with Fant getting killed.

Could Leach change some things? Yes. Would I do what he is doin? No I?m not pure air raid but I have not won 11 games multiple times nor have I won a National coach of the year award at middle of nowhere jobs. You cannot hire Mike Leach then question him.

If he fails here it will be the only place he has ever failed odds are in our favor

bulldawg28
11-13-2020, 03:48 AM

1000000% truth. People with any sense are starting to get nervous. MSU is not a plug and play program.

bulldawg28
11-13-2020, 03:52 AM
Joe already nuked the program. We?re just gutting it for the rebuild

It was already nuked.

You have no concept of reality. Do you live in a basement and have no real life interactions? You really are totally lost.

bulldawg28
11-13-2020, 03:59 AM
No. It wasn?t. That was the worst OL that has ever taken the field that I have laid eyes on for state. Worse than 2015 with Rufus warren at Tackle. Worse than 2003 with Fant getting killed.

Could Leach change some things? Yes. Would I do what he is doin? No I?m not pure air raid but I have not won 11 games multiple times nor have I won a National coach of the year award at middle of nowhere jobs. You cannot hire Mike Leach then question him.

If he fails here it will be the only place he has ever failed odds are in our favor

Your delusional. The offensive line going into the season was the strength of the team. It's experience and talent everywhere. You can also question any human being. Who do you think he is?

Leach doesn’t know how to utilize talent. He only knows his 4 plays. He's not won in the toughest conference and he won't with his current mindset. He should only be receiving a baptism to the SEC however he's about to drown because he's too stubborn to stand up.

msstate7
11-13-2020, 07:00 AM
Your delusional. The offensive line going into the season was the strength of the team. It's experience and talent everywhere. You can also question any human being. Who do you think he is?

Leach doesn’t know how to utilize talent. He only knows his 4 plays. He's not won in the toughest conference and he won't with his current mindset. He should only be receiving a baptism to the SEC however he's about to drown because he's too stubborn to stand up.

The problem is we don't have more oline starters from rankin county. Anyone from rankin county is destined for greatness**

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2020, 08:18 AM
You have no concept of reality. Do you live in a basement and have no real life interactions? You really are totally lost.

Real in depth here.

Especially coming from a poster that knowingly lied about Vandy having more players out than us.

BuckyIsAB****
11-13-2020, 08:45 AM

Take that talent and knock about half of them out, injure 1, then teach them all how to vertical set and protect 40 times a game. Then we can hire you.

Yeah it was so talented and experienced we moved a NG to OL and are still playing Eiland at T bc we don?t have anyone else. The best one is a FR and he was out. To their credit they are better than KJ showed but that?s bc we got a QB with a quicker trigger now.

BuckyIsAB****
11-13-2020, 08:48 AM
The problem is we don't have more oline starters from rankin county. Anyone from rankin county is destined for greatness**

4 starters on State and OM from rankin. 6 players overall. Not bad actually. If you can?t see that Will makes us better you are willfully ignorant. Mingo is a part of that 2-4 OM juggernaut that is gonna destroy us according to y?all.

If they were named Jimbo you would have built them a shrine by now.

msstate7
11-13-2020, 08:54 AM
3 starters on State and OM from rankin. Not bad actually. If you can?t see that Will makes us better you are willfully ignorant. Mingo is a part of that 2-4 OM juggernaut that is gonna destroy us according to y?all.

If they were named Jimbo you would have built them a shrine by now.

We just got 204 yds total vs vandy. Maybe we are better with Rogers, but there's no data to support it

BuckyIsAB****
11-13-2020, 08:56 AM
We just 204 yds total vs vandy. Maybe we are better with Rogers, but there's no data to support it

Well my data is the fact that we move the ball exponentially better with him. He has not thrown 15 interceptions and has had TDs taken from him. Biggest data point is he is 1-0 as a starter and KJ is MIA and the others have quit. You tell me money ball. Doesn?t take rankin county genius to see it

msstate7
11-13-2020, 09:01 AM
Well my data is the fact that we move the ball exponentially better with him. He has not thrown 15 interceptions and has had TDs taken from him. Biggest data point is he is 1-0 as a starter and KJ is MIA and the others have quit. You tell me money ball. Doesn?t take rankin county genius to see it

Lol, you're a homer. Our offense was the worst it's been all year last Saturday. Vandy last 4 games total defense...
204 (us)

Yikes

msstate7
11-13-2020, 09:04 AM
Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying Rogers is to blame. I think this offense just sucks. Drew Brees would struggle with us right now

BuckyIsAB****
11-13-2020, 09:05 AM
Lol, you're a homer. Our offense was the worst it's been all year last Saturday. Vandy last 4 games total defense...
204 (us)

Yikes

You did not answer me. How many of those teams had to play 19 FR and only had 7 OL. One of those being a NG.

Take the games that you think the offense was better in and he still played better than KJ. If Mitchell hangs on to both TDs we beat UK and don?t get slaughtered at Bama. Idk why y?all want to bash a kid who is clearly all in and the team is behind.

msstate7
11-13-2020, 09:09 AM
You did not answer me. How many of those teams had to play 19 FR and only had 7 OL. One of those being a NG.

Take the games that you think the offense was better in and he still played better than KJ. If Mitchell hangs on to both TDs we beat UK and don?t get slaughtered at Bama. Idk why y?all want to bash a kid who is clearly all in and the team is behind.

24-2 Kentucky
41-0 bama

1 td in both games was the difference in winning and losing and a slaughter? Come on

HoopsDawg
11-13-2020, 09:17 AM
24-2 Kentucky
41-0 bama

1 td in both games was the difference in winning and losing and a slaughter? Come on

We won't get an objective, reasonable post from Bucky until Will graduates. There's no point arguing with him.

BuckyIsAB****
11-13-2020, 09:17 AM
24-2 Kentucky
41-0 bama

If we do not turn it over vs Arky and UK we win.

If we get the Heath catch and Mitchell hangs on to it it is 27-7 late 3rd quarter.

The biggest factors on offense are points scored and turnovers. Will is better in both categories. If total yards is your biggest determining factor in offense then your factors are bad money ball

BuckyIsAB****
11-13-2020, 09:18 AM
We won't get an objective, reasonable post from Bucky until Will graduates. There's no point arguing with him.

The whole team and Leach must be non objective and un reasonable too then

BuckyIsAB****
11-13-2020, 09:20 AM
If Wil led the nation in interceptions or quit I?d be down on him too. But he does neither of those. And our other QBs do

HoopsDawg
11-13-2020, 09:23 AM
If Wil led the nation in interceptions or quit I?d be down on him too. But he does neither of those. And our other QBs do

I have no issues with Will. He's the least of our problems.

BuckyIsAB****
11-13-2020, 09:26 AM
I have no issues with Will. He's the least of our problems.

Pick a scheme and pick a coach then add in all the BS Leach has had to deal with and tell me what you think the record would be vs an all SEC schedule. Do not forget culture change and 7 total OL

Coach34
11-13-2020, 10:55 AM
What does retooling mean when you have a culture problem?

And BTW, we all acknowledged we had a culture problem last year.

What would you have done without a Spring?

They didnt have an official Spring- but the guys were working out and working hard. They were getting outside running routes and catching balls. You drug test and set the tone. Nobody is against any of that. I dont mind us losing the guys we have so far because they couldnt pass a piss test. But these are top athletes and have worked hard before. Just seems like its more to it than that

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2020, 11:30 AM
They didnt have an official Spring- but the guys were working out and working hard. They were getting outside running routes and catching balls. You drug test and set the tone. Nobody is against any of that. I dont mind us losing the guys we have so far because they couldnt pass a piss test. But these are top athletes and have worked hard before. Just seems like its more to it than that

Maybe, I think once the culture piece is established, you'll see the coaches pull back.

RiverCityDawg
11-13-2020, 12:49 PM

The OL wasn't able to do real work though, and that's been one of our biggest problem areas. I have to think a spring would have helped settle some things there. Or at least have us more insight into what we couldn't do.

Again, one of our issues. Obviously not the only one.

Coach34
11-13-2020, 01:09 PM
The OL wasn't able to do real work though, and that's been one of our biggest problem areas. I have to think a spring would have helped settle some things there. Or at least have us more insight into what we couldn't do.

Again, one of our issues. Obviously not the only one.

The OL lifted weights and did others things just like everybody else. The OL has been zone blocking and pass blocking long before Leach got here. Mullen used wider splits at times just as Leach does. You guys acting like Leach is trying to teach these guys Chinese mathematics is hilarious. SEC defenses are what is causing the problems to this system. The closing speed and lack of being able to break tackles is what is choking this offense out. When a team just has to play pass and adjust to a couple of runs it makes it easier to defend.

PGHBulldogBG
11-13-2020, 01:56 PM
The issue at hand is that there are no signs of improvement after Moorhead. When other coaches take over after a coach being fired you want to look for signs. With Mullen in 2009 it was obvious that we had the best team since 2000. Kiffin is improving Ole Miss. Pittman is improving Arkansas. Drinkwitz is improving Missouri. It?s not always in W-L column that the improvement happens. My concern is that we are even worse and getting worse each game while others are improving.