PDA

View Full Version : Will We Play Saturday?

confucius say
11-09-2020, 09:10 AM
Listening to Bart and Charlie after the game, we only had 54 available and only played 44. Which the participation chart seems to confirm. Only 44.

Any info on how many of those guys will be back?

Jack Lambert
11-09-2020, 09:16 AM
We played with 44 why would we not be able to this Saturday?

confucius say
11-09-2020, 09:18 AM
I think the rule is you have to have 53 available to play, and a certain number of each position.

Mobile Bay
11-09-2020, 09:23 AM
I think the rule is you have to have 53 available to play, and a certain number of each position.

You can play with less. Below 53 players you can reschedule or cancel.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2020, 09:24 AM
with the situation on our OL, we should cancel Saturday. We have no chance of being competitive with Auburn with our COVID issues on the OL

Jack Lambert
11-09-2020, 09:26 AM
with the situation on our OL, we should cancel Saturday. We have no chance of being competitive with Auburn with our COVID issues on the OL

You mean postpone the game.

msstate7
11-09-2020, 09:26 AM

Is there a date to reschedule?

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2020, 09:27 AM

Correct. There's no way the SEC should force us to play a game, against any other than Vandy, with 3 starting OL out with COVID. Not right

KOdawg1
11-09-2020, 09:27 AM
I'm cool with postponing. Besides the LSU game, our bye week was my favorite week this year.

msstate7
11-09-2020, 09:29 AM
Can games be played on dec 12th? That's the only date available

confucius say
11-09-2020, 09:45 AM
Can games be played on dec 12th? That's the only date available

Yea. Fla and LSU are playing that day

Jack Lambert
11-09-2020, 10:02 AM
Is there a date to reschedule?

Yes they have planned to move the SEC Championship game if needed however they could probably play this game the same week. I serious doubt this game will matter for the Championship anyways. Plus Auburn views this as a win and they are going to want to play it. I don't really care if we play or not. I am going Saturday because it's going to be a nice cool day and my daughter wants to go. She will only go to night games or day games that are cool. My son is protesting. He was not for the Leach hiring from the beginning.

Dawgfan77
11-09-2020, 10:11 AM
Was told out of all positive test that no one had symptoms and were shocked they were positive.

parabrave
11-09-2020, 10:24 AM
Wait I placed my bet.

DownwardDawg
11-09-2020, 10:43 AM
I certainly hope it gets canceled. Please cancel the remainder of the season!!

Dawgology
11-09-2020, 11:48 AM
The defense will...the offense...not so much

StarkVegasSteve
11-09-2020, 11:50 AM
I'd say it's 50/50 at best whether we play at the moment. With the way this stuff is going around the state right now I don't know that our team could make it a week with basically no new positive tests.

yjnkdawg
11-09-2020, 02:46 PM
Was told out of all positive test that no one had symptoms and were shocked they were positive.

That's just the way this virus operates. Some with no symptoms can still spread it. It's weird but this is 2020.

Homedawg
11-09-2020, 02:55 PM
no game

Jack Lambert
11-09-2020, 02:57 PM
no game

Opinion or is that official?

Homedawg
11-09-2020, 03:01 PM
Opinion or is that official?

official play dec 12

mparkerfd20
11-09-2020, 03:17 PM
official play dec 12

Hell yeah! This makes me giddy as hell. It's sad that the prospect of us NOT playing has me excited.

Leach you've done what only one other coach has been able to make me do (Croom). You have made me completely apathetic to our football program. I eagerly await your dismissal in 2-3 years after we've completely destroyed our football program, yet again.

Jack Lambert
11-09-2020, 03:18 PM
official play dec 12

I saw it SEC network. LSU is in a bad way because they already having to make up FL. Be cool if Bama and Auburn played this weekend.

Percho
11-09-2020, 03:22 PM
Hell yeah! This makes me giddy as hell. It's sad that the prospect of us NOT playing has me excited.

Leach you've done what only one other coach has been able to make me do (Croom). You have made me completely apathetic to our football program. I eagerly await your dismissal in 2-3 years after we've completely destroyed our football program, yet again.

So you are going to take Leach's advice and find a new team? For a little while at least?

Percho
11-09-2020, 03:23 PM
We might have one in the portal!

KOdawg1
11-09-2020, 03:25 PM
I'm excited to have a stress free weekend. Obviously I hope the players infected and their families stay safe and healthy, but I look forward to watching football this Saturday now.

yjnkdawg
11-09-2020, 03:31 PM

So you have a MSU football program crystal ball that predicts the future? Gotcha

Mobile Bay
11-09-2020, 03:35 PM

This is the exact definition of a fair weather fan. Might I suggest the Tuscaloosa Wal mart for your future football apparel needs.

Hambone
11-09-2020, 03:38 PM
Steve is saying it isn’t COVID related but that we don’t have enough healthy O linemen to field a team.....

I mean, aren’t the Olinemen out DUE TO COVID?

I mean, geez

Homedawg
11-09-2020, 03:48 PM
Steve is saying it isn’t COVID related but that we don’t have enough healthy O linemen to field a team.....

I mean, aren’t the Olinemen out DUE TO COVID?

I mean, geez

I think he's trying to say, the additional player that puts us wo enoough OL isn't covid postive. Obviously, we have covid positives that got us in this shape.

Maroonthirteen
11-09-2020, 03:54 PM
So... that "be patient while Leach builds the program."

Is that 2-3 calendar years or 2-3 years of actual games played? ****

basedog
11-09-2020, 04:20 PM
Well we had no spring practice and a lot of ED folks are saying that is one of the reasons we are so bad on offense. Does the extra practice now count as "improvement is coming now on offense"***

Mobile Bay
11-09-2020, 04:23 PM
Well we had no spring practice and a lot of ED folks are saying that is one of the reasons we are so bad on offense. Does the extra practice now count as "improvement is coming now on offense"***

No. Spring practice sets up for the summer voluntary practices. All summer long in a field beside an Arby's in Tuscaloosa the Alabama football team was practicing Saban's offense. Just Saban, nor any of the other coaches, were there.

Our team didn't have that opportunity. Hell, they may have been practicing it wrong and that is worse in ways than not at all.

StarkVegasSteve
11-09-2020, 04:25 PM
No. Spring practice sets up for the summer voluntary practices. All summer long in a field beside an Arby's in Tuscaloosa the Alabama football team was practicing Saban's offense. Just Saban, nor any of the other coaches, were there.

Our team didn't have that opportunity. Hell, they may have been practicing it wrong and that is worse in ways than not at all.

Our team was practicing. KJ, Will, and Garrett were throwing with the receivers.

Commercecomet24
11-09-2020, 05:51 PM
Steve is saying it isn?t COVID related but that we don?t have enough healthy O linemen to field a team.....

I mean, aren?t the Olinemen out DUE TO COVID?

I mean, geez

We had an ol injured saturday night that is now ruled out. That leaves us with only 6 scholarship ol and 1 walk on. You have to have 7 scholarship ol on roster for the game to be able to play.

ETA The ones that were ruled as out against vandy were due to covid but the injury saturday night and those still being out with covid put us below the 7 scholarship ol number.