PDA

View Full Version : Coaches Graveyard

AROB44
11-08-2020, 02:49 PM
Davis Wade stadium.....the largest coaches graveyard in the world. Dan was the only coach I can think
of who escaped before the grim reaper that is MSU got him. It even got JWS eventually. The next plot is reserved for Leach.

basedog
11-08-2020, 03:05 PM
LOL, No doubt there is plenty space available!

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2020, 03:07 PM
Most places are coach's graveyards. Since 1990, MSU has as few amount of coaches as most anyone in the SEC

msbulldog
11-08-2020, 03:18 PM
Davis Wade stadium.....the largest coaches graveyard in the world. Dan was the only coach I can think
of who escaped before the grim reaper that is MSU got him. It even got JWS eventually. The next plot is reserved for Leach.

Well you're wrong, Bernie Bierman and Murray Warmath went on to win National championships at Wisconsin as did Darrel Royal at Texas.

basedog
11-08-2020, 03:26 PM
Well you're wrong, Bernie Bierman and Murray Warmath went on to win National championships at Wisconsin as did Darrel Royal at Texas.

Never heard of Bernie? Darryl Royal stayed one year, I think Womack was only a year two himself.

R2Dawg
11-08-2020, 04:15 PM

Not really. That can be said of every coach who stays too long somewhere look at schools like Florida St. Penn St. VaTech, even Bama had a string of bad coaches that didn't work out over the years. It is just nature of college football. We may a few bad hires and gambles; that is what you get sometimes.

Sometimes chicken, sometimes feathers.

msbulldog
11-08-2020, 05:56 PM
Never heard of Bernie? Darryl Royal stayed one year, I think Womack was only a year two himself.

Their ancient basedog, but the point was no coach at Msu had gone anywhere and done anything and that is just incorrect.

IMissJack
11-08-2020, 05:58 PM
One thing is for sure. If we thought it was tough to find a coach before Moorhead, it is going to be harder now.

basedog
11-08-2020, 07:15 PM
Their ancient basedog, but the point was no coach at Msu had gone anywhere and done anything and that is just incorrect.

I think he was saying most are in the graveyard. I first heard of the graveyard being mentioned was in early 70’s.