msstate7
11-08-2020, 12:51 PM
Who you got on way out? I say...

Harbaugh back to nfl
Franklin out at penn st
Herman out at texas
Boom out at South Carolina
Mason out at vandy

If I'm right about Michigan, psu, and Texas, it will interesting to see who these blue bloods get. Will urban return?

msstate7
11-08-2020, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Riley goes to nfl. That would be 4 blue bloods

Rick Danko
11-08-2020, 12:59 PM
Why the hell would Herman be out at Texas?

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-08-2020, 01:02 PM

Because they are nowhere near the level Texas fans expect in any respect? Why'd Michigan fire Harbaugh? Why'd PSU fire Franklin?

msstate7
11-08-2020, 01:02 PM

I think they lose another game (1 of Iowa st/ksu). This would be another disappointing season for him. Basically, just a feeling

msstate7
11-08-2020, 01:05 PM
Because they are nowhere near the level Texas fans expect in any respect? Why'd Michigan fire Harbaugh? Why'd PSU fire Franklin?

Again, speculation...

Harbaugh bolts to nfl to keep from being fired. They're really bad this year.

Penn st is 0-3, and just got throttled by Maryland

Todd4State
11-08-2020, 01:35 PM
I think you nailed it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dan Mullen try for a NFL job as well.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-08-2020, 01:37 PM
Franklin and Harbaugh have zero excuses. These are 100% their guys, their culture, their coaching and they have the money and prestige to have their pick of up and coming coaches for coordinators. To not be good now is inexcusable.

compare it to us in '16: we were 4-7 heading into the egg bowl. Many wanted Mullen fired. Yet, we lost games to BYU and Kentucky because of missed sub 30 yard FGs, Mullen had just given us Dak and more sustained success than any coach in our history, AND we'd be really good if our DC hire had worked out. The only reason we had to hire a new DC was because we can't pay enough/don't have the prestige to keep DCs. Now, imagine if he had no DC excuse, and the program was below our historical level of play? He'd just have a bad FG kicker to blame. How much worse would the State outcry have been for his head? A lot of blue bloods (and Auburn) are in this position

I think all 3 of Harbaugh, Franklin, and Herman get fired. Well maybe just 2, I could see Franklin getting another year. Gus might get canned as well. Ironically if Mac Brown was 10 years younger Texas would probably give him an interview lol

Billy Napier and Hugh Freeze are about to be very desired, mark it down. Art Briles might get a HC job this year too. Maybe not at a blue blood, but at a desperate to win mid level P5 job? Sure

Bothrops
11-08-2020, 01:40 PM
Who you got on way out? I say...

Harbaugh back to nfl
Franklin out at penn st
Herman out at texas
Boom out at South Carolina
Mason out at vandy

If I'm right about Michigan, psu, and Texas, it will interesting to see who these blue bloods get. Will urban return?

As far as Mason is concerned, it depends on if they are still afraid of him. The Vandy administration that is.

Bothrops
11-08-2020, 01:42 PM
Hugh Freeze will be the hottest name going this carousel.

msstate7
11-08-2020, 01:44 PM
Franklin and Harbaugh have zero excuses. These are 100% their guys, their culture, their coaching and they have the money and prestige to have their pick of up and coming coaches for coordinators. To not be good now is inexcusable.

compare it to us in '16: we were 4-7 heading into the egg bowl. Many wanted Mullen fired. Yet, we lost games to BYU and Kentucky because of missed sub 30 yard FGs, Mullen had just given us Dak and more sustained success than any coach in our history, AND we'd be really good if our DC hire had worked out. The only reason we had to hire a new DC was because we can't pay enough/don't have the prestige to keep DCs. Now, imagine if he had no DC excuse, and the program was below our historical level of play? He'd just have a bad FG kicker to blame. How much worse would the State outcry have been for his head? A lot of blue bloods (and Auburn) are in this position

I think all 3 of Harbaugh, Franklin, and Herman get fired. Well maybe just 2, I could see Franklin getting another year. Gus might get canned as well. Ironically if Mac Brown was 10 years younger Texas would probably give him an interview lol

Billy Napier and Hugh Freeze are about to be very desired, mark it down. Art Briles might get a HC job this year too. Maybe not at a blue blood, but at a desperate to win mid level P5 job? Sure

Gus is the one I'm very interested in. I think he's headed to 6-4 right now, but gus seems to always pull out just enough to save himself. Last 2 for auburn are Bama and aTm... he has to have 1.

TNDawg35
11-08-2020, 01:48 PM
I think you nailed it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dan Mullen try for a NFL job as well.

I beat if Franklin gets fired, Mullen will be offered that job. Will he go, possibly. He would have practically one “big” game a yr against OSU...

smootness
11-08-2020, 01:48 PM
Penn St. has won 42 games the last 4 years. They're not firing James Franklin no matter how they finish this year.

Texas isn't great, but they've been good enough that Herman won't be fired after year 4.

was21
11-08-2020, 02:02 PM
Maybe. But have a gut feeling that he still believes he can win a natty at Florida, so maybe not so fast

msstate7
11-08-2020, 02:05 PM
Penn St. has won 42 games the last 4 years. They're not firing James Franklin no matter how they finish this year.

Texas isn't great, but they've been good enough that Herman won't be fired after year 4.

I think penn st is headed into a really bad year, but you're probably right. I just get the impression that penn st feels they underachieve under Franklin, so I think it's a shot. My other guess on harbaugh leaving though could be what keeps Franklin around ... doubt penn state wants to go against Michigan for a HC.

Bothrops
11-08-2020, 02:08 PM
Maybe. But have a gut feeling that he still believes he can win a natty at Florida, so maybe not so fast

This. Mullen isn't leaving Florida for another football job.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-08-2020, 02:11 PM
I beat if Franklin gets fired, Mullen will be offered that job. Will he go, possibly. He would have practically one “big” game a yr against OSU...

He's got 3 "big" games now (UGA, LSU, Bama in the championship) but the advantage of Florida is 1) it's always recruited better than PSU, 2) ou cna lose one of those 3 big games and still make the playoffs. A 12-1 Florida with a couple big wins is in over a 12-1 PSU with maybe 1 big win

Coach34
11-08-2020, 02:36 PM
If Mullen were to leave Florida- it would only be to go to Penn State or the NFL. Not sure if the wife would want to move to Pennsylvania though. I dont see Franklin being booted yet.
Boom is probably done.
Michigan is certainly getting tired of Harbaugh- but C19 may get him 1 more year.
I agree the GusBus is headed for 6-4. This is Auburn's chance to finally fire him. Wouldnt surprise me at all. If anybody in the SEC would hire Freezus- look no further than The Plains
I dont see any way Mason keeps his job unless he gets a C19 pass also.

msu15
11-08-2020, 02:45 PM
Freeze at Texas seems like a perfect match. I just don't see Sankey letting him back in the SEC, but who knows.

PGHBulldogBG
11-08-2020, 04:43 PM
I don?t want Jamie Chadwell to end up in the SEC. He wins everywhere and has Coastal Carolina in the top 15. He coached circles around Napier and Napier has a lot more experienced players and talent. He is probably the best coach at a mid major right now.

Tbonewannabe
11-08-2020, 05:08 PM
Will Bill O'Brian get back into college?

BeardoMSU
11-08-2020, 05:11 PM
Freeze....at Auburn....with that Network...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9c/83/75/9c837571b03184484da94d0fe2381b9a.gif

msstate7
11-08-2020, 05:12 PM
Will Bill O'Brian get back into college?

Very possible. I thought he did a good job of holding penn st together during a tough time. He wouldn't be a blue blood 1st choice imo, but maybe someone like South Carolina

BeardoMSU
11-08-2020, 05:14 PM
Very possible. I thought he did a good job of holding penn st together during a tough time. He wouldn't be a blue blood 1st choice imo, but maybe someone like South Carolina

I bet he stays in the League, tbh.

msstate7
11-08-2020, 05:17 PM
I bet he stays in the League, tbh.

Just DON'T let him GM, at all. Trading Hopkins lol

ETA... the "don't" was important

BeardoMSU
11-08-2020, 05:31 PM
Just let him GM, at all. Trading Hopkins lol

4-D Chess, lol.

Santiago
11-08-2020, 06:28 PM
Another factor for TX, is how TX A&M finishes this season. A factor , but not sure how much to move the needle. Also, TX had a life long Longhorn fan as a QB commit for next year I think, and he decommitted recently. That really stung them.
TX wants to be "Back" in a big way, and they seem to forget the culture needs changing also.

Santiago
11-08-2020, 06:30 PM
If you took Odom , Arkansas DC , and put him as HC of say an LSU or somewhere with recruiting running itself, I bet he would have a good run.

BeardoMSU
11-08-2020, 06:32 PM
Just DON'T let him GM, at all. Trading Hopkins lol

ETA... the "don't" was important

I knew what you meant, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32Q7GwxIlU8&ab_channel=YangMengti

bulldawg28
11-08-2020, 06:44 PM
Freeze may replace Pruitt in TN this year.

BeardoMSU
11-08-2020, 07:09 PM

Full circle. He and his wife broke into their stadium and he promised her he'd be a SEC HC.....we'd get to hear that story again and again every game they played, lol.

Todd4State
11-08-2020, 07:13 PM

I'll believe it when I see it as long as Sankey is the SEC commissioner.

Bothrops
11-08-2020, 08:20 PM
Freeze will be at South Carolina, if he's in the SEC next year.

Coach34
11-08-2020, 09:32 PM
Freeze will be at South Carolina, if he's in the SEC next year.

Why? What makes you think SC would hire a guy with a bad rep and that the SEC looks unfavorably upon? Auburn dgaf- but SC has some morals

TNDawg35
11-08-2020, 09:42 PM
Why? What makes you think SC would hire a guy with a bad rep and that the SEC looks unfavorably upon? Auburn dgaf- but SC has some morals

Nor does TN, but Fulmer will never hire a coach better than him. He wants to always be the guy at TN.

Let us not also forget Stoops is still sitting out there with Myer. Also Chris Peterson. There are 3 legit coaches who someone could throw the bank at...

Coach34
11-08-2020, 09:45 PM
Nor does TN, but Fulmer will never hire a coach better than him. He wants to always be the guy at TN.

Let us not also forget Stoops is still sitting out there with Myer. Also Chris Peterson. There are 3 legit coaches who someone could throw the bank at...

I think Pruitt is safe for another season or 2. His mentality and Fulmer's match up

msstate7
11-09-2020, 08:04 AM
South Carolina may go Jamey Chadwell.

DownwardDawg
11-09-2020, 10:50 AM
If Leach says "bye Felicia ", who do we get? (Yes, I'm just throwing shit at the wall for discussion)

PGHBulldogBG
11-09-2020, 12:11 PM
South Carolina may go Jamey Chadwell.

That would be trouble for the SEC East. Chadwell would be an absolute homerun hire for them. He is a phenomenal coach

Percho
11-09-2020, 03:43 PM

Maybe Jerry will call him up.

Percho
11-09-2020, 03:48 PM
If Mullen were to leave Florida- it would only be to go to Penn State or the NFL. Not sure if the wife would want to move to Pennsylvania though. I dont see Franklin being booted yet.
Boom is probably done.
Michigan is certainly getting tired of Harbaugh- but C19 may get him 1 more year.
I agree the GusBus is headed for 6-4. This is Auburn's chance to finally fire him. Wouldnt surprise me at all. If anybody in the SEC would hire Freezus- look no further than The Plains
I dont see any way Mason keeps his job unless he gets a C19 pass also.

What if we beat Gus on Dec 12?***

Percho
11-09-2020, 03:51 PM
Full circle. He and his wife broke into their stadium and he promised her he'd be a SEC HC.....we'd get to hear that story again and again every game they played, lol.

I'd rather hear, Hey Hugh?

Bothrops
11-09-2020, 04:27 PM

If he's in the SEC. I think SC is getting pretty damn hungry for some relevancy.

PGHBulldogBG
11-09-2020, 06:19 PM
Ole Miss got too greedy. If they had been patient and slowly built their recruiting up nobody would?ve really looked into as much after Hugh succeeded with 9 and 10 win seasons with 3 and 4 stars. Say what you want but Freeze is a good coach and if they had done more baby steps they would be sitting real good right now. Instead Ole Miss wanted to go all in and they did it too fast. Freeze is probably going to go 11-1 at Liberty. That is pretty remarkable, but selling himself to the network just tarnished him in the SEC. I don?t see Sankey letting him back in. Maybe Texas will make a run for him if they lose some more games this year and fire Herman.

DownwardDawg
11-09-2020, 06:29 PM
What if we beat Gus on Dec 12?***

Hahahaha!!!! That was good bro!

DawgNsuds
11-09-2020, 08:47 PM
Hahahaha!!!! That was good bro!

Auburn has TN, Bama & A&M before playing us now, not saying it is likely but I could see a scenario where they may have quit on Gus by the time they roll in

Bothrops
11-09-2020, 08:51 PM
Ole Miss got too greedy. If they had been patient and slowly built their recruiting up nobody would?ve really looked into as much after Hugh succeeded with 9 and 10 win seasons with 3 and 4 stars. Say what you want but Freeze is a good coach and if they had done more baby steps they would be sitting real good right now. Instead Ole Miss wanted to go all in and they did it too fast. Freeze is probably going to go 11-1 at Liberty. That is pretty remarkable, but selling himself to the network just tarnished him in the SEC. I don?t see Sankey letting him back in. Maybe Texas will make a run for him if they lose some more games this year and fire Herman.

No one would have done shit if it hadn't been for Tunsil on national TV.

parabrave
11-10-2020, 05:29 PM
Hugh Freeze will be the hottest name going this carousel.

Well don't forget about our Friend to the Northwest. He would leave Pronto to a bigger school.

MedDawg
11-10-2020, 06:54 PM
Well don't forget about our Friend to the Northwest. He would leave Pronto to a bigger school.

Kiffin to Tennessee. They will have to paint over that rock.

Coach34
11-10-2020, 09:12 PM
I would be shocked if SC drop their standards to bring in Freezus. I think Auburn is the school to watch there.

PGHBulldogBG
11-10-2020, 09:19 PM
Kiffin to Tennessee. They will have to paint over that rock.

No let?s keep Kiffin there. I don?t want them getting a Tom Allen or Jamey Chadwell type

BeardoMSU
11-10-2020, 09:46 PM
I think Auburn is the school to watch there.

If we're gonna pick a school that DGAF, it's definitely Auburn.

msstate7
11-21-2020, 06:46 PM
Penn state bout to be 0-5.

PGHBulldogBG
11-21-2020, 06:56 PM
If Penn State or Michigan want to compete with Ohio State their future coach is in Ames Iowa

Quaoarsking
11-21-2020, 07:00 PM
If Penn State fires Franklin, Vandy should hire him back. This is good at most SEC schools and outstanding at Vandy.

2011: 6-7 (2-6) L Liberty
2012: 9-4 (5-3) W Music City 20/23
2013: 9-4 (4-4) W BBVA 23/24