PDA

View Full Version : I was told on here

Homedawg
11-07-2020, 07:36 PM
That Mullen would never beat uga and would be fired within 4 years. Go ahead and admit it if you did. And there are a whole lot of you that said it. I mean NEVER. Much less whip uga ass. Mstate7 can float I know he was on the Mullen will beat ga crowd.

msstate7
11-07-2020, 07:38 PM
I actually called it this year too with Georgia losing fromm. I can't gloat too much though... I thought leach would be great here.

Homedawg
11-07-2020, 07:44 PM
I actually called it this year too with Georgia losing fromm. I can't gloat too much though... I thought leach would be great here.

Stay on topic 7!! Haha you'll get roasted enough for that later.

msstate7
11-07-2020, 07:47 PM
Stay on topic 7!! Haha you'll get roasted enough for that later.

Haha, I can't stay on topic

HoopsDawg
11-07-2020, 07:48 PM
Mullen is a dork and a dick, but he's a hell of a coach.

99jc
11-07-2020, 07:50 PM

I thought Leach was a good hire also...I was wrong kick him to the curb now.

Turfdawg67
11-07-2020, 07:54 PM
Congrats to Dan. I said earlier in the year this would be his best chance if he was ever going to do it. It may have taken UGA to be on their 5th string QB and their best player on Def and Off out, but he did get it done. Wonder if he'll break his streak on Saban too?

Coach34
11-07-2020, 07:58 PM
I didnt say Mullen would be fired- but I did say I didnt think he would beat Kirby. Definitely wrong on that call. Mullen won a big game for a change. Georgia's QB problems are ridiculous. That falls totally on Kirby

confucius say
11-07-2020, 07:59 PM
Dan is a top 5 coach in the country and has been for a while. Good for him and thankful for all he did here.

msstate7
11-07-2020, 08:00 PM
Mullen may be playing in playoffs this year. Pitts is the best offensive weapon in the sec, maybe the country. Bama won't be able to cover him either

Coach34
11-07-2020, 08:02 PM
Mullen may be playing in playoffs this year. Pitts is the best offensive weapon in the sec, maybe the country. Bama won't be able to cover him either

He's got to slay the dragon to do it. Should be a good one

Homedawg
11-07-2020, 08:07 PM
Mullen is a dork and a dick, but he's a hell of a coach.

All true

chef dixon
11-07-2020, 08:07 PM
I always thought Mullen at a place that could recruit itself would be really dangerous

DownwardDawg
11-07-2020, 08:09 PM
I said Mullen would never win the big game. I was wrong. I still don't think he's a great coach. He's a good coach and I don't think folks knew Georgia would have the QB issues they have this year but yeah, congratulations Big Game Dan..... I guess.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-07-2020, 08:11 PM
Freeze would be undefeated this year at Florida and beat BAMA.

MoreCowbell
11-07-2020, 08:12 PM
Hate to say it but it is evident Mullen was/is just a great coach and we dont have the resources as a program to be worth a shit in football. I?m a realist.

Homedawg
11-07-2020, 08:13 PM
I didnt say Mullen would be fired- but I did say I didnt think he would beat Kirby. Definitely wrong on that call. Mullen won a big game for a change. Georgia's QB problems are ridiculous. That falls totally on Kirby

Never knew you were even one of who did it. But kudos for the man up. But there were a ton that said it and a ton that said he would be fired by at least year 4. Guy can coach. And recruits harder than our present coach. So there's that.

NCDawg
11-07-2020, 08:15 PM

You could be right. Freeze is a very good coach. Wish we had him.

DownwardDawg
11-07-2020, 08:17 PM
Never knew you were even one of who did it. But kudos for the man up. But there were a ton that said it and a ton that said he would be fired by at least year 4. Guy can coach. And recruits harder than our present coach. So there's that.

He does recruit harder than Leach. Damn. That's unbelievable.

Homedawg
11-07-2020, 08:17 PM
I said Mullen would never win the big game. I was wrong. I still don't think he's a great coach. He's a good coach and I don't think folks knew Georgia would have the QB issues they have this year but yeah, congratulations Big Game Dan..... I guess.

Forget that ga didn't have a good qb. Uga was said to have the best d in the league and he shredded it. He's an assssshoooollle. But he's a good coach. Really good coach. Best we will ever have.

msstate7
11-07-2020, 08:19 PM

Freeze lost to memphis and Arkansas with his best team.

Hambone
11-07-2020, 08:21 PM
Does he recruit harder than us or is he at a better place where he doesn’t have to recruit as hard?

We’ve had two coaches since he left that recruited at the exact same clip he did when he was here.

Granted, Leach is still into his first year but has basically the exact same class ranking as Moorhead and Mullen

Homedawg
11-07-2020, 08:24 PM

Forget that ga didn't have a good qb. Uga was said to have the best d in the league and he shredded it. He's an assssshoooollle. But he's a good coach. Really good coach. Best we will ever have.

DownwardDawg
11-07-2020, 08:33 PM

I'll never believe that last sentence. Never. I watched him recruit lazily, make too many mistakes during big games, and shop for another job way too much to believe we won't do better than Mullen as our head coach some day.

Coach34
11-07-2020, 08:34 PM

And as a Coach- that is what I like about him. Mullen is a Power-Spread guy. But he didnt have Power Spread players at Florida. So what did he do? He made changes to his system to use the resources he had. That's what good coaches do. When guys like Moorhead say "I am not running that bullshit just to win a few games" or Leach running his system with no changes whatsoever to accomodate his current talent baffles me. In HS- we have to coach what we have- same goes for new hires in college.

RocketDawg
11-07-2020, 08:54 PM
Hate to say it but it is evident Mullen was/is just a great coach and we dont have the resources as a program to be worth a shit in football. I?m a realist.

That pretty much sums it up.

bulldawg28
11-07-2020, 09:10 PM
Dan is still the man!

calidawg
11-07-2020, 09:15 PM
And as a Coach- that is what I like about him. Mullen is a Power-Spread guy. But he didnt have Power Spread players at Florida. So what did he do? He made changes to his system to use the resources he had. That's what good coaches do. When guys like Moorhead say "I am not running that bullshit just to win a few games" or Leach running his system with no changes whatsoever to accomodate his current talent baffles me. In HS- we have to coach what we have- same goes for new hires in college.

Its arrogant egotistical bullshit and our sorry ass AD hired back to back coaches that do it

MaroonFlounder
11-07-2020, 09:20 PM
F**k Mullen. He and grantham got butt-raped by A&M.

He won't beat Bama.

Homedawg
11-07-2020, 10:16 PM
I'll never believe that last sentence. Never. I watched him recruit lazily, make too many mistakes during big games, and shop for another job way too much to believe we won't do better than Mullen as our head coach some day.

If you live to 200 maybe otherwise you will be outta luck

BrunswickDawg
11-08-2020, 12:49 AM
I'll admit that I'm one who said Mullen wouldn't make it at UF - but that was more about UF and their delusional fan base than it was about Dan's ability. I encounter enough of them here and via Jacksonville to know how batshit they are on a daily basis.

That being said - I've never thought Kirby was all that either. I call him Goff 2.0 to gig my UGA friends. Both could recruit and had gobs of talent - but they aren't killers.

HoopsDawg
11-08-2020, 01:07 AM
If you live to 200 maybe otherwise you will be outta luck

Jackie is still the GOAT to me.

Liverpooldawg
11-08-2020, 01:22 AM
That Mullen would never beat uga and would be fired within 4 years. Go ahead and admit it if you did. And there are a whole lot of you that said it. I mean NEVER. Much less whip uga ass. Mstate7 can float I know he was on the Mullen will beat ga crowd.

I said Mullen would win a National Championship at Florida, and he will. Those of "us" that wanted him gone have been revealed for what they are when it comes to MSU.

Liverpooldawg
11-08-2020, 01:34 AM
Unless you are old enough to remember Allyn McKeen, and I'm not, Dan Mullen is the best coach in any sport we have ever had on campus in living memory. Yes, I do know what Vic did. He did it in women's basketball, that's even a more minor sport than college baseball. Mullen did what he did at MSU in what will eventually be recognized as the absolute Golden Age of SEC football. A lot of you idiots wanted him gone. That includes you 34. You always qualified it, if,and, or but, but you wanted him gone if he didn't change things to suit you. Mullen showed us the way, and a lot of our internet fan base hated him. Cohen didn't respect him, Cohen always has to be the genius. He isn't. Cohen needs to fired TONIGHT.

Cowbell
11-08-2020, 06:52 AM

We have a lot of ignorant fans that will never get this

Cowbell
11-08-2020, 06:52 AM
I actually bet Florida to win :)

Cowbell
11-08-2020, 06:54 AM
I actually bet Florida to win :)

Mainly due to Georgia's offense being anemic. Surprisingly, Granthams defense will be Floridas shortcoming.

basedog
11-08-2020, 07:23 AM

Yes to what you say, good Coaches make changes necessary to there personnel to win games. Probably be a long time we get another Coach as good or what Mullen did for Msu.

Mullen is the best Coach in my lifetime with JWS being the second best, no one comes close to 3rd place as Shira, Tyler (who let his ego ruin his coaching days), Emory was good Coach but time passed him and wouldn't recruit, Rocky was way to young and inexperienced, we were Croomed, and Joe was just lost and out of placed in the south. Leach now, verdict is still out but the Pirate ship got hit with Hurricane force winds and and has no sail and the crew looks to abandoned the ship.
LMO!

Jack Lambert
11-08-2020, 08:24 AM
If he doesn't win the SEC he will be gone. They got rid of a coach who won the East three times. He is still Mullen and will Mullen a game.

msbulldog
11-08-2020, 09:34 AM
You could be right. Freeze is a very good coach. Wish we had him.

Keenum will never allow Freeze and I don't think Sankey would. There are too many UM bodies out there that Sankey knows about that the NCAA didn't charge them with.

maroonmania
11-08-2020, 09:39 AM
It was the perfect storm for Mullen. GA has their biggest problem at the most important position on the field. On top of that, the GA defense has been gutted with injuries and other factors. That being said, Mullen is in a great position at FL because he is a heck of a football coach that isn't a great recruiter. But unlike MSU, Florida will always have talent no matter who their coach is because it recruits itself and has talent galore all around it.

msstatelp1
11-08-2020, 10:03 AM
I'll admit to being one. Congrats on finally beating a Kirby Smart defense. Now let's see if he can improve his 0-10 record against Bama. I still don't think Florida keeps him long term if he doesn't win the SEC and/or a natty in the next 2 or 3 years.

basedog
11-08-2020, 10:04 AM
I'll admit to being one. Congrats on finally beating a Kirby Smart defense. Now let's see if he can improve his 0-10 record against Bama. I still don't think Florida keeps him long term if he doesn't win the SEC and/or a natty in the next 2 or 3 years.

Strickland has Dan's back, I'm betting Dan's next stop will be in the NFL.

msstate7
11-08-2020, 10:06 AM

Bama won't have an answer for Pitts either. Bama will score like crazy too though

gravedigger
11-08-2020, 10:07 AM
I'm just glad JoMo proved us all right by showing last night his offense doesnt work.

It's just too complicated. And he isnt from the south, like our current coach.

Just when I think our fans dont know what's best for MSU......well.....here we are. And they proved me wrong.

msstate7
11-08-2020, 10:10 AM
I'm just glad JoMo proved us all right by showing last night his offense doesnt work.

Just when I think our fans dont know what's best for MSU......well.....here we are. And they proved me wrong.
You still Moorhead was a good HC lol

Cooterpoot
11-08-2020, 10:15 AM

Welll, he wasn't running his offense, but ok.

Cooterpoot
11-08-2020, 10:18 AM
Anyone that thinks Dan isn't a good coach is a damn fool. Now he's at a place where his minimalist recruiting style can win big.