PDA

View Full Version : Never let anyone tell you OM wasn't punished

msstate7
11-07-2020, 03:23 PM
Freeze is 7-0 at liberty. OM lost one hell of a coach

Quaoarsking
11-07-2020, 03:39 PM
To be fair, we'd probably be 7-0 on that schedule too.

msstate7
11-07-2020, 03:40 PM

We wouldn't have our team there, and not sure what you've saw to give you confidence we beat Virginia tech

DEDawg
11-07-2020, 03:44 PM
Can we for once in our history put morals aside and hire Freeze besides another P5 school does and regularly stays in the top 15

lastmajordog
11-07-2020, 03:47 PM
Say what you want to but he beat Saban twice and in other games absolutely had Bama making mistakes they never make against anyone else. He beat Mullen with a one legged qb so I think he did well even if they were bought

Matt3467
11-07-2020, 03:54 PM
Was actually about to post about Freeze. Beating VT at Liberty is a great achievement. VT was arguably their hardest hurdle. If they can get by NC State they may run the table.

Mobile Bay
11-07-2020, 04:19 PM
When you consider the sexual deviancy of Jerry Fallwell Jr., Hugh is just a natural fit at Liberty.

Joebob
11-07-2020, 04:30 PM
When you consider the sexual deviancy of Jerry Fallwell Jr., Hugh is just a natural fit at Liberty.

Now why didn't I think of that one?

msstate7
11-07-2020, 04:36 PM
Delete

maroonmania
11-07-2020, 04:46 PM
Losing Freeze had to do with his own personal conduct with hookers, not punishment. If it had just been the NCAA stuff I have no doubt that OM would have let him stay. OM expects their coaches to cheat in recruiting anyway.

Turfdawg67
11-07-2020, 05:05 PM
Losing Freeze had to do with his own personal conduct with hookers, not punishment. If it had just been the NCAA stuff I have no doubt that OM would have let him stay. OM expects their coaches to cheat in recruiting anyway.

You are arguing with a wall. Freeze gives him a boner.

Mobile Bay
11-07-2020, 05:06 PM

I am somewhat disappointed that he was never investigated for possibly paying hookers for underage kids.

He shouldn't be coaching, he should be in prison.

msstate7
11-07-2020, 05:10 PM

Right, and the only reason that came to light was the investigation.

Sienfield
11-07-2020, 07:21 PM

I think Houston Nutt had something to do with it.

Todd4State
11-07-2020, 07:34 PM

Was it? I thought Rosebowl was the one that found out- not the NCAA. That has more to do with Houston Nutt being pissed at Freeze than anything if I remember correctly.

msstate7
11-07-2020, 07:36 PM
Was it? I thought Rosebowl was the one that found out- not the NCAA. That has more to do with Houston Nutt being pissed at Freeze than anything if I remember correctly.

You're right. Rosebowl was looking for recruiting violations though, right? If there were no ncaa investigation, would Rosebowl findings get freeze fired? I doubt it.

MafiaDawg
11-07-2020, 08:03 PM

My god you are an idiot

Cowbell
11-07-2020, 08:47 PM
I would take freeze today

maroonmania
11-07-2020, 09:08 PM
I would take freeze today

So would I. BUT, I also agree that Hugh Freeze should not be allowed to even coach anymore. I think everyone knows, without knowing, that those hookers were for recruits. That is the primary reason OM cut him loose pronto. They wanted to nip that investigation in the bud. Its not coincidence that those calls were made in the same timeframe of official recruiting visit weekends.

Cowbell
11-07-2020, 09:45 PM
So would I. BUT, I also agree that Hugh Freeze should not be allowed to even coach anymore. I think everyone knows, without knowing, that those hookers were for recruits. That is the primary reason OM cut him loose pronto. They wanted to nip that investigation in the bud. Its not coincidence that those calls were made in the same timeframe of official recruiting visit weekends.
There is a lot more that went on with that situation that Hugh took the fall for. And if you did this to every coach that got caught crossing the line once, there wouldn't be enough left to go around.

Coach34
11-07-2020, 09:56 PM
I would take Freezus as long as he didnt play the holier than thou angle. He is a snake and dude- be the snake