PDA

View Full Version : Can LSU beat Bama?

Jack Lambert
11-08-2013, 09:27 AM
I think that LSU offense will be back on track and put some points on Bama but I wonder how that defense is going to hold up. I think they can but it is going to be a tough game.

By the way I am pulling for Alabama. I really want to see the Florida State vs Bama or the Stanford vrs Bama game. Alabama will pound them both.

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Yes, LSU can beat Bama. Bama is better, but more because of their consistency and not overall ceiling. Everyone is down on LSU because they have 2 loses, but those two loses were to a HEALTHY UGA team and to OM in a game that they weren't in least prepared for and the played like dog doo doo.

If LSU plays the way they can, LSU is more than capable of beating Bama.

smootness
11-08-2013, 09:51 AM
I don't see any way LSU beats Bama. This is not the LSU of past years where they could shut your offense down. I don't see how they stop Bama's offense at all, and even in a worst-case scenario for Bama's defense, they'll at least be able to slow LSU down enough.

ETA: They may only have 2 losses, but they gave up 27 to TCU; 21 to Auburn; 26 to us; 16 to Furman, 17 to UAB...they're just not that good on defense.

They lost the one game on their schedule so far that was a toss-up, and then they also lost another...and they gave up a combined 71 points in those 2 losses.

SheltonChoked
11-08-2013, 09:54 AM
It depends on which Mettenburger shows up. If it is the one that played MSU, LSU has a shot.

If it is the one that played vs Ole Miss, LSU gets blown out.

quickstrike2
11-08-2013, 10:00 AM
It depends on which Mettenburger shows up. If it is the one that played MSU, LSU has a shot.

This. Everytime we play LSU, everybody on their team plays to their All American potential seems like.

smootness
11-08-2013, 10:10 AM

Here's to guessing Bama doesn't allow the Mettenberger that tore us apart to show up.

Goat Holder
11-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Of course they can. They will be motivated for this one. And when you can score, you always have a chance.

TUSK
11-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Can they? Of course.

If Mett has a really good game, LSU is +1 or 2 in Turnovers, and Bama gives up some explosive plays to LSU.

Oh, and if AJ has an off game... and if Miles doesn't choke...

and if LSU's defense plays above their heads,,,, and our fans leave early....

Political Hack
11-08-2013, 12:07 PM
LSU can win games with big plays. they can beat any team on any given night, but Bama should win.

TUSK
11-08-2013, 12:47 PM
You're correct HACK... Since Saban arrived, that defense has been suffocating, thus making it susceptible to the Big Play...

it's very, very seldom anyone has a "legit drive" for a TD against a Bammer defense.

LSU can win games with big plays. they can beat any team on any given night, but Bama should win.

cheewgumm
11-08-2013, 12:54 PM
No....

Bama -14 ish

BogeyGolfer
11-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Bama doesn't make many mistakes and they can beat you by 14-21 and it feels like they beat you by 42....I think Bama pulls away in the 2nd half and wins by 17-21 pts....BTW, no way Stanford should play for NC, they are no better than Auburn, Ole Miss or SC.. I would love to see what the spread on SC v Stanford on a neutral field would be.... I would take USC straight up....

mparkerfd20
11-08-2013, 01:11 PM
I think that LSU offense will be back on track and put some points on Bama but I wonder how that defense is going to hold up. I think they can but it is going to be a tough game.

By the way I am pulling for Alabama. I really want to see the Florida State vs Bama or the Stanford vrs Bama game. Alabama will pound them both.

Yes LSU can beat Bama and they will. I'm calling it now.
LSU 31 BAMA 27

smootness
11-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Yes LSU can beat Bama and they will. I'm calling it now.
LSU 31 BAMA 27

Bama will win and make it look easy. I don't know what makes you think that LSU can hold Bama to only 27 points, but that would shock me.

I normally do not feel this confidently about a team having little, if any, chance to win a game, but in this case it's justified. To beat Bama, you either have to be able to shut them down (LSU can in no way, shape, or form do that with their current defense) or have arguably the greatest QB in college football history. That's the only way to beat them under Saban.

Statecoachingblows**
11-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Given that LSU has 2 losses does a close win by bama drop them any in the standings? Or do they need a big win to stay at the top?

Sam&DeansDawg
11-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Deer Gawd people. This is the SEC and anything can happen. We know that LSU is good. We didn't think so during our first half but we learned the hard way in the second half. Ol Miss beat LSU with a game ending field goal... (see it's the SEC). I hate bama as much as I hate the Rebels but I think LSU pulls out a win against the Tide and the 85% shuts the hell up for a little while. Also, if we play the first half of the Ol Miss game the way we played against LSU then we will beat the rebels. But IMO if Ol Miss comes to play then I'm scared they might sneak one past us in the fourth quarter. But anyhoo here's my predection:
Good guys- 45
bad guys- 27
GTHOP

was21
11-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Actually it seems to me that it's in the contract of every LSU head coach that if they lose to State, they'll be docked pay....or something worse.