PDA

View Full Version : Leach hire an OC?

Cowbell
11-06-2020, 10:54 AM
Some of you will think this is stupid or impossible. What are the chances that Leach ever hire an OC if he continues to struggle?

Homedawg
11-06-2020, 10:55 AM
Some of you will think this is stupid or impossible. What are the chances that Leach ever hire an OC if he continues to struggle?

zero

Hambone
11-06-2020, 10:59 AM
He did hire one.

Himself

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-06-2020, 11:32 AM

We've had this same discussion with the last 2 coaches

MaroonFlounder
11-06-2020, 11:49 AM
I wish the extra $$ we are saving by not having a separate OC could go toward Arnett's salary, but that is eaten up by the fact that we have 2 WR asst coaches, one for inside (slot) receivers and the other for outside (x) receivers.

I'd rather keep the DC happy and figure the other out as we go.

yjnkdawg
11-06-2020, 12:47 PM
What Homedawg said , "zero". There are a few HC's who are going to serve as their team's OC and call the plays, and CML is one of those coaches.

HoopsDawg
11-06-2020, 01:08 PM
All the dude has to do is go to traditional line splits, put in some power runs and personnel and commit to running the ball against the 3-8. If he won't do that, he sure as hell won't hire an OC.

Fader21
11-06-2020, 06:19 PM
All the dude has to do is go to traditional line splits, put in some power runs and personnel and commit to running the ball against the 3-8. If he won't do that, he sure as hell won't hire an OC.

If he did this then he wouldn't be facing 3-8 defenses.

HoopsDawg
11-06-2020, 08:20 PM
If he did this then he wouldn't be facing 3-8 defenses.

Lol, exactly. Then he could run his Air Raid. Wow.

CaptainObvious
11-06-2020, 11:35 PM
I wish the extra $$ we are saving by not having a separate OC could go toward Arnett's salary, but that is eaten up by the fact that we have 2 WR asst coaches, one for inside (slot) receivers and the other for outside (x) receivers.

I'd rather keep the DC happy and figure the other out as we go.

But, we don?t have a TEs coach, so the 2 WR coaches are a wash on Offense coaches.