PDA

View Full Version : Observation

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2013, 09:22 AM
I am a Mullen supporter, but in honor of playing Texas A&M this week, I can't believe the Huddites haven't discovered the similarities between Dan Mullen and former Texas A&M coach Mike Sherman.

Just a reminder: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7304629/texas-aggies-fire-football-coach-mike-sherman

Also, why is everyone assuming that LSU/Bama is a for sure win from Bama?

Because Mettenberger played a terrible game against OM? I think people are underestimating LSU because they played one horrendous game in which they weren't prepared. Not saying LSU will win, but they are more than capable of doing so.

DownwardDawg
11-08-2013, 09:38 AM
LSU has the exact same talent level as Bama. Bama has a coach. Anything can happen in this game due to the talent comparison. I think Bama wins because of Saban. If LSU wins, it's on talent alone.
That last statement isn't 100% true though. Les will have his players fired up. They love him and they love playing for him. I don't think he is a good coach, but he's a great motivator.

smootness
11-08-2013, 09:46 AM
LSU has an average defense, at best. They have no chance to beat Bama this year.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-08-2013, 10:03 AM
I am a Mullen supporter, but in honor of playing Texas A&M this week, I can't believe the Huddites haven't discovered the similarities between Dan Mullen and former Texas A&M coach Mike Sherman.

Just a reminder: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7304629/texas-aggies-fire-football-coach-mike-sherman
What similarities? When have we ever gone into a season ranked in the Top 10? I'm too lazy to look up the recruiting numbers right now, but I'm sure aTm had pretty good classes under Sherman. Sherman was 25-25 and Mullen is currently 33-26 against what some call tougher competition. Sherman underachieved badly given the talent he had and the athletic budget of aTm. I wouldn't say the same for Mullen.

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2013, 10:06 AM
What similarities? When have we ever gone into a season ranked in the Top 10? I'm too lazy to look up the recruiting numbers right now, but I'm sure aTm had pretty good classes under Sherman. Sherman was 25-25 and Mullen is currently 33-26 against what some call tougher competition. Sherman underachieved badly given the talent he had and the athletic budget of aTm. I wouldn't say the same for Mullen.

All this is true. I was alluding more to the 6-6 record and blowing 2nd half leads.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-08-2013, 10:18 AM
All this is true. I was alluding more to the 6-6 record and blowing 2nd half leads.
I'll agree about the 2nd half issue, bu I'm not sure that a 6-6 record at aTm and a 6-6 record at MSU is an apples to apples comparison.

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2013, 10:19 AM
I'll agree about the 2nd half issue, bu I'm not sure that a 6-6 record at aTm and a 6-6 record at MSU is an apples to apples comparison.

Fair enough

It_Could_Happen
11-08-2013, 10:28 AM
The only team left on the schedule that can beat Bama is auburn. I don't care what you say about us playing them close. That team is completely different now. The Gus Bus gets better every single week.