PDA

View Full Version : Miss. State Men's Basketball

jdelta02
11-05-2020, 02:09 PM
Miss. State's W. Kentucky transfer.....

Tolu Smith selected as one of Jon Rothstein's 20 under-the-radar transfers for the 20-21 season. My opinion, expecting a good bit of Miss. State's low post offense to run through Tolu. Also, team scoring by committee...with Abdul Ado, Javien Davis, Quinten Post, Derek Fountain, guards and wings, ect. Need for Tolu to establish himself down low, help open things up for teammates. Abdul Ado consistency. Also, keep an eye on Alabama transfer Javian Davis.

StarkVegasSteve
11-05-2020, 03:06 PM
We have to get A LOT out of Tolu, Davis, and Ado early in the season. We're still very young in the backcourt. I'm hopeful that Deivon Smith will come on quickly to help out Stewart and Molinar.

tcdog70
11-05-2020, 08:40 PM
Smith, Stewart and Molina are going to surprise a lot of people.

msu15
11-05-2020, 10:16 PM
We have to get A LOT out of Tolu, Davis, and Ado early in the season. We're still very young in the backcourt. I'm hopeful that Deivon Smith will come on quickly to help out Stewart and Molinar.

Relying on Ado for anything offensively is a negative proposition

MaroonFlounder
11-06-2020, 11:03 AM

Loser post***

NCMSTFAN
11-06-2020, 06:31 PM
I've mentioned before that I like this roster. Its a bunch of hard nosed, blue collared athletic guys on this team and from what I've seen, no attitudes or negativity. DJ and Molinar will be key for us, luckily they both got alot of minutes last year and are familiar. Ado will still anchor the middle and be the steady defender and rebounder. I like Tolu, Jalen and Deivon to contribute alot to this team as well.

msugolf
11-07-2020, 07:16 AM
I've mentioned before that I like this roster. Its a bunch of hard nosed, blue collared athletic guys on this team and from what I've seen, no attitudes or negativity. DJ and Molinar will be key for us, luckily they both got alot of minutes last year and are familiar. Ado will still anchor the middle and be the steady defender and rebounder. I like Tolu, Jalen and Deivon to contribute alot to this team as well.

It's going to be really tough to find instant offense when we need it. Expect a lot of scoring droughts in games.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-07-2020, 07:39 AM
I never have understood why we haven?t recruited a Shane Power type of player in the last 15 years....6ft 5 G/F that hits the open shot or Darryl Wilson type ..we seem to recruit athletes and not ball players who spend every day shooting/playing ball.

smootness
11-07-2020, 09:18 AM
I never have understood why we haven?t recruited a Shane Power type of player in the last 15 years....6ft 5 G/F that hits the open shot or Darryl Wilson type ..we seem to recruit athletes and not ball players who spend every day shooting/playing ball.

They're not easy to find. Power and Wilson were also great athletes. You can go find some Riley Benock's but that won't help you much.

BiscuitEater
11-07-2020, 10:03 AM

And yet, he basically LED the team in FG% .. 69 of 116 for .595%.

msstate7
11-07-2020, 10:37 AM
And yet, he basically LED the team in FG% .. 69 of 116 for .595%.

Gonna need more attempts without perry