PDA

View Full Version : Okay Coach Leach....

HoopsDawg
11-04-2020, 06:19 PM
Leach does not downplay what Derek Mason's team can do on that side, though.

"I think they're a pretty multi-dimensional defense, he said. They want to be a base man-free, cover-three type of team but they'll give you a lot of looks. They play extremely hard. We've got to play real well to beat them."

Spoiler Alert: They aren't going to give us a lot of looks.

TNDawg35
11-04-2020, 06:34 PM
I’m telling you now, don’t underestimate Derek Mason. He may be a sucky head coach, but he is an excellent Dcord. In the end tho, they don’t have near enough talent, but don’t set here for one second and think he won’t try to scheme something up...

HoopsDawg
11-04-2020, 06:36 PM
I’m telling you now, don’t underestimate Derek Mason. He may be a sucky head coach, but he is an excellent Dcord. In the end tho, they don’t have near enough talent, but don’t set here for one second and think he won’t try to scheme something up...

I think you missed the point.

Cowbell
11-04-2020, 08:37 PM
I?m telling you now, don?t underestimate Derek Mason. He may be a sucky head coach, but he is an excellent Dcord. In the end tho, they don?t have near enough talent, but don?t set here for one second and think he won?t try to scheme something up...

Well according to many on here, we don't have the talent either.

DownwardDawg
11-04-2020, 09:08 PM
Vandy will win. I don't know how we can score. Vandy will score on defense.

confucius say
11-04-2020, 09:59 PM

I'll take a side bet on that if you're interested?

msstate7
11-04-2020, 10:03 PM

I expect very little from us this week, but I expect a win. If leach loses this one, he could lose the fanbase.

Bass Chaser
11-04-2020, 10:12 PM
Did Leach face Mason when Mason was at Stanford?

Ezsoil
11-04-2020, 10:17 PM
I?m telling you now, don?t underestimate Derek Mason. He may be a sucky head coach, but he is an excellent Dcord. In the end tho, they don?t have near enough talent, but don?t set here for one second and think he won?t try to scheme something up...

I'd say the only scheme you need is the 3-8

DownwardDawg
11-05-2020, 12:43 AM
I'll take a side bet on that if you're interested?

I don't bet. Especially on football and ESPECIALLY on MSU football. I predict we lose though.

confucius say
11-05-2020, 07:57 AM
I don't bet. Especially on football and ESPECIALLY on MSU football. I predict we lose though.

Probably Smart.
If we lose, I'll come on here and tell you that you were right though. Just don't see it. 28-10 state.

NWADAWG
11-05-2020, 09:02 AM
I'd say the only scheme you need is the 3-8

Our hope against vandy is that their 3 ain't the same as the rest of the SECs 3. We might actually be able to block them with 5.

Cooterpoot
11-05-2020, 09:15 AM
We lose to Vandy and shit is going to be as bad as you've ever seen. The Leach/Cohen ticket will be in more trouble than Trump/Pence.

StarkVegasSteve
11-05-2020, 09:33 AM
I expect very little from us this week, but I expect a win. If leach loses this one, he could lose the fanbase.

COULD lose the fanbase? A loss to Vandy and you won't have to worry about social distancing for the next 2 years. You'll be able to sit wherever you want. This is a team OM beat last week and could've named their score. If we can't move the ball on Vandy then you can pack it in for this year and probably next year.

msstate7
11-05-2020, 09:46 AM
COULD lose the fanbase? A loss to Vandy and you won't have to worry about social distancing for the next 2 years. You'll be able to sit wherever you want. This is a team OM beat last week and could've named their score. If we can't move the ball on Vandy then you can pack it in for this year and probably next year.

OM's offense is light years ahead of ours though... like HS vs nfl

deltadawg63
11-05-2020, 10:04 AM
I truly believe that this Saturday's game is a fork in the road for the fan base. The MSU court of public opinion will go one way or the other after this Saturday's game. A struggling win or lost will send many into apathy that may last for several years and the confidence of a large part of the fan base in Leach and Cohen may be permanently lost.

StarkVegasSteve
11-05-2020, 10:09 AM
OM's offense is light years ahead of ours though... like HS vs nfl

Very true. The point I was trying to make was that knowing how bad your rival beat them and if you lose to them, it will just be another reason for fans to not care.

msstate7
11-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Very true. The point I was trying to make was that knowing how bad your rival beat them and if you lose to them, it will just be another reason for fans to not care.

Gotcha

Lord McBuckethead
11-05-2020, 12:06 PM
Leach does not downplay what Derek Mason's team can do on that side, though.

"I think they're a pretty multi-dimensional defense, he said. They want to be a base man-free, cover-three type of team but they'll give you a lot of looks. They play extremely hard. We've got to play real well to beat them."

Spoiler Alert: They aren't going to give us a lot of looks.

No shit. They are going to play zone and jump routes. The are going to rush 3 and not get blocked by our 5. Seriously. That is the way its going to go.

Cowbell
11-05-2020, 12:13 PM
I truly believe that this Saturday's game is a fork in the road for the fan base. The MSU court of public opinion will go one way or the other after this Saturday's game. A struggling win or lost will send many into apathy that may last for several years and the confidence of a large part of the fan base in Leach and Cohen may be permanently lost.
This reminds me of the Tennessee game last year

Cowbell
11-05-2020, 12:14 PM
It would open a lot of people's eyes to just how bad this offensive scheme is

StarkVegasSteve
11-05-2020, 12:20 PM
It would open a lot of people's eyes to just how bad this offensive scheme is

Yea cause if we can't move the ball this week then we definitely won't win anymore this year and we may struggle to score anymore this year

R2Dawg
11-05-2020, 12:47 PM
This reminds me of the Tennessee game last year

Yeah a little but UT was way better and it was on road. Even if we win, I don't think we look good doing it.

Cowbell
11-05-2020, 01:36 PM
Yeah a little but UT was way better and it was on road. Even if we win, I don't think we look good doing it.
Well I feel it's comparable due to this being earlier in Leech's career vs. joe having a year and a half under normal circumstance + he inherited a better situation than leach

HoopsDawg
11-05-2020, 02:04 PM
Well I feel it's comparable due to this being earlier in Leech's career vs. joe having a year and a half under normal circumstance + he inherited a better situation than leach

Yes, but Vandy is awful. Even by Vandy standards.

DownwardDawg
11-05-2020, 03:24 PM
Probably Smart.
If we lose, I'll come on here and tell you that you were right though. Just don't see it. 28-10 state.

I sure hope I'm wrong. I just don't know what could have changed. This is the worst football I've seen in a while.

Only bets I take are sure things!! Lol. Like a Spanish guy I work with assured me that Trump would win California!!!! We bet 20 push-ups in front of everyone at work. I jumped all over that bet.

StarkVegasSteve
11-05-2020, 03:37 PM
I sure hope I'm wrong. I just don't know what could have changed. This is the worst football I've seen in a while.

Only bets I take are sure things!! Lol. Like a Spanish guy I work with assured me that Trump would win California!!!! We bet 20 push-ups in front of everyone at work. I jumped all over that bet.

Barry Odom happened. He gave everyone the blueprint. He took what Jimmy Lake did at UW and just dared KJ to make the throws into tight windows.

DownwardDawg
11-05-2020, 03:47 PM
Barry Odom happened. He gave everyone the blueprint. He took what Jimmy Lake did at UW and just dared KJ to make the throws into tight windows.

No I meant what could have changed this week to make us better.

bulldawg28
11-05-2020, 05:32 PM
If Leach isn't careful the team is going to quit on him completely. You can't run them into the ground, they see no results, and only to hear consistent criticism of their play. There is very little connection with this team and he could care less.

CaptainObvious
11-06-2020, 11:43 PM
I believe Leach used the open date week to practice and prepare for Vandy. At least that is what last Saturday looked like to me.