PDA

View Full Version : Anybody see us on SportsCenter

Cowbell
11-04-2020, 04:11 PM
Was at a lunch meeting today and noticed us on SportsCenter at the back of the room. Looked like a pretty long segment showing the timeline of news since we hired leach and ending with Kylin leaving. No sound on so was curious what was said.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-04-2020, 04:47 PM
Being that it is ESPN, I bet one could guess the narrative.

Bothrops
11-04-2020, 05:03 PM
ESPN is liberal scum just like the rest of the media.

Extendedcab
11-04-2020, 05:43 PM

Amen brother!! Rep Given!

Joebob
11-04-2020, 10:40 PM

Scum? Seriously? That's a bit much, don't you think?

Todd4State
11-05-2020, 12:46 AM

I thought he was being nice by calling them scum.

TUSK
11-05-2020, 12:49 AM

As the resident white trash redneck, I can say I've yet to meet a "Joe Bob" that wasn't "nice"...

Leeshouldveflanked
11-05-2020, 06:22 AM
It has been a very long time since I watched something other than an actual game on ESPN.. Sad.

HRTFXR
11-05-2020, 08:59 AM

I thought he was insulting scum.

Turfdawg67
11-05-2020, 09:38 AM

Amen brother!! Rep Given!!

DownwardDawg
11-05-2020, 11:26 AM
It has been a very long time since I watched something other than an actual game on ESPN.. Sad.

Me too. It's gotten horrible. It's one of the channels that's banned in the common areas where I work unless there's an actual game on. It's too political.

StarkVegasSteve
11-05-2020, 11:50 AM

Their morning stuff outside of Get Up is BAD. But Van Pelt's Sportscenter is still very good, Kornheiser and Wilbon are still pretty entertaining, and 30 for 30 is and always been amazing. It's not what it used to be in terms of the talent. I mean Kenny Mayne, Dan Patrick, Stuart Scott, Rich Eisen, SVP, and Berman. That's a STRONG cast of anchors. There was no way they'd ever replace all those personalities and they've basically failed to even try. It will get less political now that the election is over. I mean in their defense you couldn't turn on any channel that wasn't political in the last few months

R2Dawg
11-05-2020, 12:48 PM

Same here, not worth watching.

DownwardDawg
11-05-2020, 01:42 PM
Their morning stuff outside of Get Up is BAD. But Van Pelt's Sportscenter is still very good, Kornheiser and Wilbon are still pretty entertaining, and 30 for 30 is and always been amazing. It's not what it used to be in terms of the talent. I mean Kenny Mayne, Dan Patrick, Stuart Scott, Rich Eisen, SVP, and Berman. That's a STRONG cast of anchors. There was no way they'd ever replace all those personalities and they've basically failed to even try. It will get less political now that the election is over. I mean in their defense you couldn't turn on any channel that wasn't political in the last few months

I really miss Stuart Scott. He was great.

DLGDawg
11-05-2020, 08:29 PM
I really miss Stuart Scott. He was great.

I remember the nineties. We watched ESPN all the time. It was really great back then.

MaroonFlounder
11-06-2020, 10:57 AM

ESPN had Keith Olberman, who was great back in the day, but is now spewing ignorance, such as calling for the immediate arrest of a sitting POTUS for "squatting" in the WH, not realizing that he is still officially the POTUS until around January 20th, regardless of whatever the outcome of the election turns out to be. In fact his entire twitter history is an anti trump hate fest.

schddog72
11-07-2020, 02:36 PM
ESPN had Keith Olberman, who was great back in the day, but is now spewing ignorance, such as calling for the immediate arrest of a sitting POTUS for "squatting" in the WH, not realizing that he is still officially the POTUS until around January 20th, regardless of whatever the outcome of the election turns out to be. In fact his entire twitter history is an anti trump hate fest.

Calling Olberman scum is insulting to scum. He is one worthless piece of used Kotex.

Duckdog
11-07-2020, 03:19 PM
By scum he means a shit pile of soy boy gas lighting.