PDA

View Full Version : With Cowboys sinking and...

Turfdawg67
11-03-2020, 02:24 PM
... the Pats w/out a QB. What are the chances Dallas could/would trade Dak to NE and then draft Lawrence? I think Dak would thrive in that system. Thoughts?

Homedawg
11-03-2020, 02:29 PM
... the Pats w/out a QB. What are the chances Dallas could/would trade Dak to NE and then draft Lawrence? I think Dak would thrive in that system. Thoughts?

What's ne gonna give for him when they don't have a deal with him?? Not much... Plus the cowboys still aren't going to get the first pick. The jets going 0-for.

parabrave
11-03-2020, 02:37 PM
NE is Broke, according to BB himself.

Cowbell
11-03-2020, 02:51 PM
The more the cowboys have to watch this mess of an offense, the less chance they dont sign Dak.

R2Dawg
11-03-2020, 03:05 PM
Dak gambled and even while hurt it looks like he will still cash in. Now that is confidence and he knew what he was doing. Right now Dak is Dallas and he knows it.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-03-2020, 03:05 PM

Wait how? They have a roster of mediocre nobodies, how can they be hampered by the salary cap?

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-03-2020, 03:07 PM
What's ne gonna give for him when they don't have a deal with him?? Not much... Plus the cowboys still aren't going to get the first pick. The jets going 0-for.

Correct on both accounts. Boys can 1) let Dak be a free agent, 2) tag him again, or 3) sign him to a deal. Only if 3) happens can they then trade him. And yeah the Jets are out tanking 'erebody

StarkVegasSteve
11-03-2020, 03:14 PM
Dallas is going to tag Dak, draft Fields, and then if Dak doesn't have an MVP season they'll either a) trade him b)let him walk c)tag him again and then let him walk in 2022

BeardoMSU
11-03-2020, 03:36 PM
Wait how? They have a roster of mediocre nobodies, how can they be hampered by the salary cap?

they spent all their cap space on clam chowda and lobster salad**

Homedawg
11-03-2020, 03:43 PM
Dallas is going to tag Dak, draft Fields, and then if Dak doesn't have an MVP season they'll either a) trade him b)let him walk c)tag him again and then let him walk in 2022

They still won't be able to get anything for him in a trade...unless they sign him to a long term deal. then Whoever wants to trade for him would then, obviously, have to be comfortable w the contract he signed.

BeardoMSU
11-03-2020, 03:52 PM

If they have a pick that high and don't trade it for a bunch of picks to a team that actually needs a QB, someone should smother Jerry with his own piss-filled Depends. They need OL, DL, and Secondary. Period.

StarkVegasSteve
11-03-2020, 03:54 PM
They still won't be able to get anything for him in a trade...unless they sign him to a long term deal. then Whoever wants to trade for him would then, obviously, have to be comfortable w the contract he signed.

It would definitely have to be a sign and trade thing. My guess is that the Bears, Packers, 49ers, Jets, and maybe the Bucs will all be looking for a QB in two years and have cap room to facilitate a sign and trade. I specifically didn't mention the Saints because their cap is shot for the foreseeable future with Kamara and Mike already on the books and contract decisions upcoming for Jameis, Lattimore, Armstead, Ramczyk, and possibly Jared Cook.

Bass Chaser
11-03-2020, 03:58 PM
I would try to pull off a Herschel Walker type trade with Elliott.

Turfdawg67
11-03-2020, 04:10 PM

So instead of giving him his 4 year deal, they may wind tagging him for 3? Geez...

Cowbell
11-03-2020, 04:13 PM
Correct on both accounts. Boys can 1) let Dak be a free agent, 2) tag him again, or 3) sign him to a deal. Only if 3) happens can they then trade him. And yeah the Jets are out tanking 'erebody

This is not accurate at all. They can franchise him and then trade him. It is actually the most talked about scenario by cowboys insiders.

Cowbell
11-03-2020, 04:14 PM
I would try to pull off a Herschel Walker type trade with Elliott.

They need to rid themselves of that contract

Commercecomet24
11-03-2020, 04:17 PM

NE is broke this year not next year. They will have about 73 million in cap to play with after this season. Brady and Brown's dead cap money comes off the book as well as some others.

Turfdawg67
11-03-2020, 04:19 PM
This is not accurate at all. They can franchise him and then trade him. It is actually the most talked about scenario by cowboys insiders.

Yes but the team he went to would still have to deal with the long term deal. Who would do that unless their QB got hurt, they were stacked with veterans and thought they had a shot at a SB?

StarkVegasSteve
11-03-2020, 04:19 PM
If they have a pick that high and don't trade it for a bunch of picks to a team that actually needs a QB, someone should smother Jerry with his own piss-filled Depends. They need OL, DL, and Secondary. Period.

Fields is an athlete. He might be too good to pass up and yes he's as good as Dak was as a rookie. If you think you can surround him with enough talent then you let him sit and learn for a year and then roll him out in 2022 and get a king's ransom for Dak.

Turfdawg67
11-03-2020, 04:25 PM
NE is broke this year not next year. They will have about 73 million in cap to play with after this season. Brady and Brown's dead cap money comes off the book as well as some others.

https://i.postimg.cc/zDLQtQKj/C9-F3-C567-5-D6-C-406-F-ABB1-02075-D7-CDA47.gif

Homedawg
11-03-2020, 04:26 PM

But only a stupid as organization would trade away anything when you don't have him signed to a long term deal. yeah let's trade away multiple draft picks for a guy that might be here a year. Cause nobody is going to tag him a 3rd year. Crazy money.

StarkVegasSteve
11-03-2020, 04:32 PM
But only a stupid as organization would trade away anything when you don't have him signed to a long term deal. yeah let's trade away multiple draft picks for a guy that might be here a year. Cause nobody is going to tag him a 3rd year. Crazy money.

Let me introduce you to J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets.

Homedawg
11-03-2020, 04:37 PM
Makes even less sense. They are about to get the #1 pick. They aren't making that trade. Nobody, even the jets are that dumb.

viverlibre
11-03-2020, 04:55 PM
So instead of giving him his 4 year deal, they may wind tagging him for 3? Geez...

Yes, unless Dak backs off his demands, this is the most likely scenario. They will tag him to see how well his recovery has gone.

Homedawg
11-03-2020, 05:41 PM
Yes, unless Dak backs off his demands, this is the most likely scenario. They will tag him to see how well his recovery has gone.

They aren't going to tag him a third time. Next time is the second. And yes they will tag him. And try to sign him before the tag goes into play. But I find signing him to a long term deal unlikely considering the circumstances

Turfdawg67
11-03-2020, 06:07 PM

I think you missed my point, they may wind up paying more guaranteed money/yr than if they'd signed him to the deal he wanted.

Turfdawg67
11-03-2020, 06:20 PM

How did I miss this gem! Well done... can't give you any rep at this time!

Cowbell
11-03-2020, 07:09 PM

They need linebackers badly too

Cowbell
11-03-2020, 07:13 PM

I have tried to explain this to you already. That's not how it works. You need to educate yourself better on this process. The trade would take place binding on a long term deal being signed.

Homedawg
11-03-2020, 08:33 PM
I have tried to explain this to you already. That's not how it works. You need to educate yourself better on this process. The trade would take place binding on a long term deal being signed.

And I don't need explaining. You're living in a fantasy world. You have no clue. Obviously. This isn't the nba. How many sing and trades do you see in the nfl?? One Ramsey. And w days injury nobody is going to do it. But you can call me you if it happens. Otherwise. Your the wrong one.....
ETA Dak in that case also doesn't get to see his value on the open market. Which clearly he thinks or thought was high. So again. Not happening.

Cowbell
11-03-2020, 09:18 PM
And I don't need explaining. You're living in a fantasy world. You have no clue. Obviously. This isn't the nba. How many sing and trades do you see in the nfl?? One Ramsey. And w days injury nobody is going to do it. But you can call me you if it happens. Otherwise. Your the wrong one.....
ETA Dak in that case also doesn't get to see his value on the open market. Which clearly he thinks or thought was high. So again. Not happening.

I didn't say it was gonna get done. I think they will sign him. But it is the scenario being talked about here in Dallas the most. I was just correcting you and others for saying it can't be done. You were spreading misinformation Bracky.

parabrave
11-04-2020, 08:01 PM

Anybody ever heard of Mark Texeria???? Braves fans!

Johnson85
11-05-2020, 04:20 PM
I think you missed my point, they may wind up paying more guaranteed money/yr than if they'd signed him to the deal he wanted.

They will pay more money per year, but it will only be guaranteed a year at a time. If Dak had had a career ending injury this year, they would be free and clear after this year. If they had done the smart thing and signed him to a long term deal, they'd be on the hook for the rest of his guaranteed money (which I don't remember what it was, but more than $30M left after this year).

Not saying the Cowboys weren't stupid. And this injury probably has hurt them more than dak, because it's shown how bad Dallas is without him, and now to not lose him they're probably going to have to commit big money before they get to see how he recovers.

BiscuitEater
11-05-2020, 05:21 PM
If. They need OL, DL, and Secondary. Period.

'Cause QB hasn't been an issue since Dak got hurt !

BeardoMSU
11-05-2020, 08:08 PM
'Cause QB hasn't been an issue since Dak got hurt !

You typically don't draft back-up QB's with a lottery pick...

Tbonewannabe
11-05-2020, 08:21 PM
I don't think the Cowboys have the cap space to tag Dak since it would be a $38-39 Mil cap hit. They would have to restructure deals or get rid of contracts to do that. They also wouldn't get much for a QB on a 2nd tag. A 3rd tag would be around $42-44 Mil.

Homedawg
11-06-2020, 12:18 AM
I don't think the Cowboys have the cap space to tag Dak since it would be a $38-39 Mil cap hit. They would have to restructure deals or get rid of contracts to do that. They also wouldn't get much for a QB on a 2nd tag. A 3rd tag would be around $42-44 Mil.

They will have enough to tag him again. They restructured several deals. And the third tag would be way more than that. That ain't gonna happen for sure.

Cowbell
11-06-2020, 07:04 AM
They will have enough to tag him again. They restructured several deals. And the third tag would be way more than that. That ain't gonna happen for sure.
54 million - you are correct - no way they do that. They will get him signed I believe.