PDA

View Full Version : Any word on weather situation for tonight yet?

SnakePlissken
04-18-2013, 09:13 AM
Presuming there are storms and the game is postponed, would they play the DH tomorrow as opposed to Sat? I know it can change quickly but I'm seeing an 80% chance of storms tonight in Starkville

msstate7
04-18-2013, 09:26 AM
Presuming there are storms and the game is postponed, would they play the DH tomorrow as opposed to Sat? I know it can change quickly but I'm seeing an 80% chance of storms tonight in Starkville

Last I checked it was 20% till 10 pm when it becomes 80%. Pollo is a quick worker so we should get it in. (Fingers crossed)

slickdawg
04-18-2013, 09:49 AM
It's gonna be tricky - there's going to be a main squall line that plows through at some point in the evening. In advance of that, there's going to be discrete thunderstorms here and there, and if one of those passes over, it'll be a mess. In this type of setup, these discrete storms can become supercells, which can producing damaging winds, large hail and even a tornado.

Right now the NWS has a forecast of 100% Severe Thunderstorms for tonight in Vegas.

Showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 7pm and 4am, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 4am. Some of the storms could be severe. Low around 56. South wind 15 to 20 mph becoming west northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.

ScoobaDawg
04-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Hmmm.. sounds like this might be a fun drive over. Leaving DFW at 2:30 and getting to Madision by 8 hopefully.

Coach34
04-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Hmmm.. sounds like this might be a fun drive over. Leaving DFW at 2:30 and getting to Madision by 8 hopefully.

raising the speed limit to 75 between Dallas and Shreve sure makes it better for traveling

Will James
04-18-2013, 11:02 AM
raising the speed limit to 75 between Dallas and Shreve sure makes it better for traveling

Same for coming into College Station. If you're not at 85 mph you're holding up traffic