PDA

View Full Version : Serious question

Cowbell
10-31-2020, 10:55 PM
Since most of you are probably a little more honest after a few drinks.

Would you trade CML for Hugh Freeze today. Not wanting a freeze bashing, just a simple raise of the hands. ETA - I asked this in Q1 of the game thread as well.
Disclaimer- I am not of the high status that C34 is - Cohen has not asked me to float this for him.

I'm in.

ShotgunDawg
10-31-2020, 10:57 PM
So would I rather win over the next 4 years with my program left in ruins with a known lying sociopath or stink for 2 years and then win at a pretty high level with no NCAA issues?

Todd4State
10-31-2020, 10:59 PM
NO. Just in principle. I can't condone his views as a Christian.

defiantdog
10-31-2020, 11:01 PM
So would I rather win over the next 4 years with my program left in ruins with a known lying sociopath or stink for 2 years and then win at a pretty high level with no NCAA issues?

How can you assume we're going to win at a high level?

Cowbell
10-31-2020, 11:01 PM
NO. Just in principle. I can't condone his views as a Christian.
As you a Christian or he?

Cowbell
10-31-2020, 11:02 PM
That's the opposite of what you said 3 hours ago...

Todd4State
10-31-2020, 11:04 PM
As you a Christian or he?

Me. And I do not condone our football coach standing up and saying that we won because God loves us more than the other team. Or that we got a recruit because God found favor with us. That's blasphemous and absurd. Unless you can show me scripture where Jesus mentioned football once in the Bible.

Cowbell
10-31-2020, 11:08 PM
Me. And I do not condone our football coach standing up and saying that we won because God loves us more than the other team. Or that we got a recruit because God found favor with us. That's blasphemous and absurd. Unless you can show me scripture where Jesus mentioned football once in the Bible.

I have a different take on him based on some things I know - but he made some big mistakes. But I 100% appreciate that you are a Christian and so am I. Thank God that it matters more than football.

Todd4State
10-31-2020, 11:11 PM
I have a different take on him based on some things I know - but he made some big mistakes. But I 100% appreciate that you are a Christian and so am I. Thank God that it matters more than football.

It's not even the hookers and cheating that I have as much a problem with. I don't like that about him either. But his views of Christianity are off or he's using it as a crutch in hopes that people will not suspect that he's doing half the other stuff that is un-Christian that he does.

ShotgunDawg
10-31-2020, 11:21 PM
How can you assume we're going to win at a high level?

How can you assume Hugh would?

ShotgunDawg
10-31-2020, 11:22 PM
That's the opposite of what you said 3 hours ago...

True

Cowbell
10-31-2020, 11:23 PM
It's not even the hookers and cheating that I have as much a problem with. I don't like that about him either. But his views of Christianity are off or he's using it as a crutch in hopes that people will not suspect that he's doing half the other stuff that is un-Christian that he does.
Yeah I get that. I have a competitor that uses it in his marketing and I don't like it because I know first hand that the guy is a sleaze ball. But from what I know of Hugh - he really is a Christian that got caught up in a lot of stuff he shouldn't have and was living a lie. He's asked for forgiveness and as a Christian I will give that to him for now.

defiantdog
10-31-2020, 11:24 PM
How can you assume Hugh would?
I didn't..... you assumed Leach would

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2020, 11:25 PM
Since most of you are probably a little more honest after a few drinks.

Would you trade CML for Hugh Freeze today. Not wanting a freeze bashing, just a simple raise of the hands. ETA - I asked this in Q1 of the game thread as well.

I'm in.
Absolutely NOT. Hugh Freeze is a sleaze ball and if we hired him, and I'm a second generation grad and my son is third generation, I'll find some other college and college athletic program to support.

Quaoarsking
10-31-2020, 11:35 PM
Hell no. There's a sleaziness line that we should never cross. I'd rehire Moorhead or Croom before I hired Freeze.

TimberBeast
10-31-2020, 11:42 PM
I wouldn?t let freeze change the tire on my car, the guy is human garbage.