PDA

View Full Version : Next year

KOdawg1
10-31-2020, 10:37 PM
I watched just a few minutes of the game at the end once it was well out of reach. My night was much more enjoyable because of it.

I'm conceding this year. Don't care what happens from here on out. Everywhere Leach has gone, it's taken awhile for the offense to get going. I understand that. I think a dude making $5 million a year should be able to figure it out a lot quicker than that, but I'm willing to give him the rest of this year and next year to figure it out. But it all hangs on next year for me. He has to get it rolling. The only problem is I don't see it getting better.

QB: You've essentially got a RS freshman or a true freshman as your starting QB next year. Not a great recipe. I think it's good that Rogers will get experience this year. But he's still going to be young.

RB: Marks and Johnson are solid. But they're still going to be young as well. I think they'll be serviceable though.

WR: Mitchell will hopefully be gone. That's addition by subtraction. We've got some good WRs coming in. Gotta have them come in immediately and contribute though.

OL: Here's your problem. This group has been putrid this year. Our 5* hasn't looked like a 5*. Eiland will hopefully move on. Parker may be back. But we need immediate help in this group and I'm not sure you're gonna get it. The OL we have committed right now are sub-par. Two HS guys (they're solid but can't expect them to contribute) and two JUCO guys nobody wants. Desperately need to hit the transfer portal hard for a couple of guys.

I look at what we have coming back and who we have coming in, and I don't see a vastly improved offense on paper. Yes, the transfer portal can change some of that, but the list of guys we've gotten from the portal who have helped us isn't very long.

Basically the only hope is that another year getting used to the offense turns it around. Can that happen? Yes. Will it? I think it depends on if Leach can adapt some things. If he is hell bent on running the exact shit he's been running out there the last month, then no, it will never work.

HoopsDawg
10-31-2020, 10:38 PM
You only watched a couple of minutes of the game but just presented that essay?

KOdawg1
10-31-2020, 10:39 PM
You only watched a couple of minutes of the game but just presented that essay?

Did I miss anything that makes anything I said wrong? Didn't think so.

HoopsDawg
10-31-2020, 10:41 PM
Did I miss anything that makes anything I said wrong? Didn't think so.

Didn't read it.

KOdawg1
10-31-2020, 10:43 PM
Didn't read it.

Explains a lot.

msu15
10-31-2020, 10:43 PM
Didn't read it.

Lol but you commented, classic

Todd4State
10-31-2020, 11:08 PM
Our offensive linemen need to get more athletic. Another year in S&C will help all of them along with experience this year.

SPMT
10-31-2020, 11:28 PM
Leach will never beat Saban nuff said

chef dixon
11-01-2020, 07:27 AM
O line was fine last night. We had plenty of plays where our QB had all day and still threw a 2 yard pass or incompletion