PDA

View Full Version : OM is going to skull drug us for next 2 years

msugolf
10-31-2020, 09:57 PM
And then we'll see how the decision makers opinions change real fast. It's fine to preach patience when you're showing promise but lose that game the way I think we will in the future and heads will roll.

bluelightstar
10-31-2020, 09:58 PM
After they beat us 45-0 this year, leach is going to be on an immediate hot seat

Turfdawg67
10-31-2020, 09:58 PM
And Plumlee was going to run for 400 yds last year... yeah, yeah, yeah.

defiantdog
10-31-2020, 10:01 PM
And Plumlee was going to run for 400 yds last year... yeah, yeah, yeah.
We've scored one TD in 3 games on offense.

Turfdawg67
10-31-2020, 10:04 PM
We've scored one TD in 3 games on offense.

Yeah, but Bucky and Shotgun say we're close.

DownwardDawg
10-31-2020, 10:06 PM
This is why it's stupid to laugh at people saying Leach will be fired after 2 seasons. If we continue to look like this AND get beat by ole miss like we all think we are, that will be all she wrote.

BuckyIsAB****
10-31-2020, 10:07 PM
If OM skull drags us I will never post again. Mark it I?m down

Turfdawg67
10-31-2020, 10:10 PM
This is why it's stupid to laugh at people saying Leach will be fired after 2 seasons. If we continue to look like this AND get beat by ole miss like we all think we are, that will be all she wrote.

If Leach would've gone 4-8 in a "regular" season, similar to his others stops, would he have been given a pass?

Bothrops
10-31-2020, 10:18 PM
Leach is likely to go 2-8 this year. We will have a tough time hanging on to recruits and if we lose our DC, all bets are off for Leach.

Cowbell
10-31-2020, 10:19 PM
I appreciate your insight dude, I would not place any responsibility on our HC right now. He has some things to figure out. He is gonna have to come to an awakening.

DownwardDawg
10-31-2020, 10:34 PM

Don't do that. You're too good a poster.

ShotgunDawg
10-31-2020, 11:01 PM
Shotgun say we're close.

Not after tonight. We're floating aimlessly in sea of offensive sewage

ShotgunDawg
10-31-2020, 11:03 PM
As bad as it may get this year, I think it's still important that we see the big picture and Leach's history says that he does build winning programs in time.

If I'm Cohen, I leave Leach alone this season and let him do his thing. However, if we have similar issues in 2021, then I'm asking hard questions to better understand why moving the football is so hard

Todd4State
10-31-2020, 11:05 PM
As bad as it may get this year, I think it's still important that we see the big picture and Leach's history says that he does build winning programs in time.

If I'm Cohen, I leave Leach alone this season and let him do his thing. However, if we have similar issues in 2021, then I'm asking hard questions to better understand why moving the football is so hard

Agree.

Cowbell
10-31-2020, 11:16 PM

Something I've learned about being the leader of anything - You ask those questions now. You don't respond or show any emotion or offer advice or take a side. But you need to know his answers now to see where he's at and to track when/if he changes course. You keep track of those responses and follow up in a year and see how his responses change.

ShotgunDawg
10-31-2020, 11:23 PM
Something I've learned about being the leader of anything - You ask those questions now. You don't respond or show any emotion or offer advice or take a side. But you need to know his answers now to see where he's at and to track when/if he changes course. You keep track of those responses and follow up in a year and see how his responses change.

Great stuff. You’re right.

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2020, 11:30 PM
We self destructed. One we fired Moorhead at LEAST one year too soon. Then we compounded that by hiring a clown who is totally dependent on an outdated offense. I put that squarely on the inexperienced and no way qualified for the job he holds, John Cohen.

Todd4State
10-31-2020, 11:32 PM
We self destructed. One we fired Moorhead at LEAST one year too soon. Then we compounded that by hiring a clown who is totally dependent on an outdated offense. I put that squarely on the inexperienced and no way qualified for the job he holds, John Cohen.

Bullshit. Keeping Moorhead around would have dug the hole even deeper.

KOdawg1
10-31-2020, 11:42 PM

SWING and a miss.

3 years of Moorhead would've absolutely tanked us. We fired him 2 years too late.

Cowbell
10-31-2020, 11:50 PM

Your second sentence completely discredits any opinion you have going forward.

Dawgcap
10-31-2020, 11:54 PM
Got to get rid of the dead weight. We still have a few playing that don?t give a shit

bluelightstar
10-31-2020, 11:55 PM
They do not give a shit because they know the coach is an outdated, all-figured-out idiot

Dawgcap
11-01-2020, 12:10 AM
Ha. Same thoughts after week 1? Bet not.

Dawgcap
11-01-2020, 12:11 AM
So your answer? Love to know

msstate7
11-01-2020, 07:29 AM
Ha. Same thoughts after week 1? Bet not.

Of course not, but things change. We have no answers for zone defense. Hell, look at OM struggling vs the same ark defense, and then they had an answer for it immediately the next week when auburn did it. We're headed into our 5th straight game of it, and still, no adjustments.

Cowbell
11-01-2020, 07:50 AM
Of course not, but things change. We have no answers for zone defense. Hell, look at OM struggling vs the same ark defense, and then they had an answer for it immediately the next week when auburn did it. We're headed into our 5th straight game of it, and still, no adjustments.

Yep. Bo Pelini was an idiot and LSU is terrible. We caught them completely off guard and now everyone has the tape. We just didn't know that at the time.

Jack Lambert
11-01-2020, 08:18 AM
How the human mind works is amazing.

ShotgunDawg
11-01-2020, 08:50 AM
One we fired Moorhead at LEAST one year too soon

We fired Moorhead too late. He was terrible. Every minute we kept him he was hurting the program. The program would be better off if we would've ditched him after 2018

ShotgunDawg
11-01-2020, 08:51 AM
They do not give a shit because they know the coach is an outdated, all-figured-out idiot

This isn't true

R2Dawg
11-01-2020, 08:59 AM

Yep, free year for CML. If we still look like this next year on O, time to start discussions.

Jarius
11-01-2020, 02:34 PM
It is amazing that it is Sunday (not Saturday night where people are heated) and we still have people that think Leach could get fired next year. Some of you have no sense of reality. I will make a bet with anyone on here and we can pin it to the top. Name the price. Barring Leach getting caught with naked pictures of him and a goat he will be our football coach in 2022. The lack of awareness on here is astounding.

bluelightstar
11-01-2020, 02:44 PM
It is amazing that it is Sunday (not Saturday night where people are heated) and we still have people that think Leach could get fired next year. Some of you have no sense of reality. I will make a bet with anyone on here and we can pin it to the top. Name the price. Barring Leach getting caught with naked pictures of him and a goat he will be our football coach in 2022. The lack of awareness on here is astounding.

The same thing was said about Joe Moorhead. If we go 2-8/1-9 and then three wins or fewer next year with a still MIA offense, Leach will be done next November.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-01-2020, 02:49 PM
I'm more concerned with keeping the recruits that we have committed more so than any wins and losses to come in the next few weeks. If our top 5-6 commits start jumping ship it's going to get bad. I don't see us figuring out anything on O the rest of the year, but we have to have some help come in the form of the Jimmy's and the Joe's or we're going to see a repeat of this next year. We'll be better just because of maturity and reps, but we've got to upgrade our roster.

I know not every player is going to be an NFL player, but just look at our offense when it's on the field, and look at the defense when it's on the field. Does any player jump out to you like a Jeffrey Simmons? A Montez Sweat? A Jonathan Abram? A Cam Dantzler? Not much to choose from on offense....A Dak Prescott? Hell, I'd settle for just some good college players like a Jameon Lewis or Fred Ross.

I know we've got some really young guys playing....but do any of them remind you of the guys I listed above when they were young? I see some flashes with Emerson and Crumedy. Even Forbes has shown me a glimpse at times of these guys named above. But they are few and far between. We've got to improve our roster big time. And honestly, this crop committed, while I think really good at QB and WR....top to bottom I'm not sure improves the roster that much.

My concern from the beginning is Leach and coaches seeing better players than they were used to at Wash. St. and thinking "this guy" is better than "so and so" that we had, and "so and so" was really good for us, so "this guy" is going to be really, really good. But in hindsight, while "this guy" may be better than "so and so" that they had at Wash. St., he is not up to SEC standards. I pray that is not happening with this years class and Leach has to find out the hard way by seeing them once they get on campus next year.

I'm disappointed just like the rest of you, but I'm going to back the coach as long as he's here and just hope he figures it out. I'm not going to pick sides and say he will figure it out or pick the side that he won't and hope i'm right just so I can tell people on a message board that I don't even know that I was right all along. I'm just going to continue to pull for my school and go into every game wanting to win it. Time will tell.

Jarius
11-01-2020, 03:42 PM
The same thing was said about Joe Moorhead. If we go 2-8/1-9 and then three wins or fewer next year with a still MIA offense, Leach will be done next November.

Put your money where your mouth is. If you don’t understand the difference in those 2 situations and why Moorhead being fired after 2 actual full years (not 1 year and another crazy covid year where he didn’t even get a spring) prevents us from being able to quickly fire another coach in that same time span I will gladly take whatever amount of money you want to Throw down the toilet. We would hire the equivalent of Rick Ray if our leadership was dumb enough to do that, and they will not.

Todd4State
11-01-2020, 03:53 PM

Moorhead had some things happen that were clearly in the scandal territory- even though there weren't any scandals other than Tutor Gate. He was going off on our fans in press conferences while players were getting into fights with each other in practice. Nobody at any university wants to support that kind of a product. And it's embarrassing when we lose our QB because of that. I bet we win three OOC games alone next year at least.

I'm more concerned with keeping the recruits that we have committed more so than any wins and losses to come in the next few weeks. If our top 5-6 commits start jumping ship it's going to get bad. I don't see us figuring out anything on O the rest of the year, but we have to have some help come in the form of the Jimmy's and the Joe's or we're going to see a repeat of this next year. We'll be better just because of maturity and reps, but we've got to upgrade our roster.

I know not every player is going to be an NFL player, but just look at our offense when it's on the field, and look at the defense when it's on the field. Does any player jump out to you like a Jeffrey Simmons? A Montez Sweat? A Jonathan Abram? A Cam Dantzler? Not much to choose from on offense....A Dak Prescott? Hell, I'd settle for just some good college players like a Jameon Lewis or Fred Ross.

I know we've got some really young guys playing....but do any of them remind you of the guys I listed above when they were young? I see some flashes with Emerson and Crumedy. Even Forbes has shown me a glimpse at times of these guys named above. But they are few and far between. We've got to improve our roster big time. And honestly, this crop committed, while I think really good at QB and WR....top to bottom I'm not sure improves the roster that much.

My concern from the beginning is Leach and coaches seeing better players than they were used to at Wash. St. and thinking "this guy" is better than "so and so" that we had, and "so and so" was really good for us, so "this guy" is going to be really, really good. But in hindsight, while "this guy" may be better than "so and so" that they had at Wash. St., he is not up to SEC standards. I pray that is not happening with this years class and Leach has to find out the hard way by seeing them once they get on campus next year.

I'm disappointed just like the rest of you, but I'm going to back the coach as long as he's here and just hope he figures it out. I'm not going to pick sides and say he will figure it out or pick the side that he won't and hope i'm right just so I can tell people on a message board that I don't even know that I was right all along. I'm just going to continue to pull for my school and go into every game wanting to win it. Time will tell.

Why do MSU fans worry about the negative side of recruiting like this? Most recruits are going to look at us and see an opportunity to play and potentially start in the SEC right away. How many freshmen did Alabama start last night? How many are starting across the SEC? We don't have anyone on our team like Teddy Knox and Malik Nabors will contribute and play right away next year as well. What do you think they are thinking when they see Osiris drop another pass or lose a battle in the end zone? I can't tell you- "I don't think I'm better than that guy" isn't crossing their mind at all when they see that.

yjnkdawg
11-01-2020, 07:52 PM

They don't give a shit because they had a good ole boy coach, and they could go to the water park and basically do whatever they wanted to do, or not do concerning our football program

Todd4State
11-01-2020, 07:58 PM
They don't give a shit because they had a good ole boy coach, and they could go to the water park and basically do whatever they wanted to do, or not do concerning our football program

I have to spread more rep before I give it to yjinkdawg again.

yjnkdawg
11-01-2020, 08:08 PM

No discipline and being a good ole boy coach? Just more malcontent to deal with probably.

tcdog70
11-01-2020, 08:12 PM
Y'all do know Jackie only won 1 SEC game His first year. To me the most glaring problem we have is we have pitiful WRs. Who is a SEC receiver. Osiris is soft as charming . Heath is average as is Payton. Our best receiver was Kylin Hill. Until we get SEC receivers Leach's air raid will sux.

yjnkdawg
11-01-2020, 08:17 PM
If you are basing your projection on how the OM offense was so successful against Bama, Bama's defense has figured it out now. That was a SNAFU Bama defensive effort and it embarrassed Saban big time.

msstate7
11-01-2020, 08:19 PM
Y'all do know Jackie only won 1 SEC game His first year. To me the most glaring problem we have is we have pitiful WRs. Who is a SEC receiver. Osiris is soft as charming . Heath is average as is Payton. Our best receiver was Kylin Hill. Until we get SEC receivers Leach's air raid will sux.

I've saw this twice about Sherrill, and it isn't true. He was 7-5 (4-3) with a bowl game

parabrave
11-01-2020, 08:32 PM

Hey The rebs tired of Houston Nutt and we tired of Slow Mo after 2 years. If next year is as bad as this year he is gone.

yjnkdawg
11-01-2020, 08:43 PM
Hey The rebs tired of Houston Nutt and we tired of Slow Mo after 2 years. If next year is as bad as this year he is gone.

We had just cause to move JoeMo on. The type of culture and lack of discipline we had in our football program. I don't understand how people think you can fire a coach after two years, because you (the fan) thinks he is not achieving what you want , with no just cause warranted, and then expect to hire a higher rated coach to come in. It just doesn't work like that.

Todd4State
11-01-2020, 09:17 PM

They tired of him after a 4-8 season in which he lost to Jacksonville State and then they still kept him...and only fired him after he went 2-10.

Todd4State
11-01-2020, 09:18 PM
We had just cause to move JoeMo on. The type of culture and lack of discipline we had in our football program. I don't understand how people think you can fire a coach after two years, because you (the fan) thinks he is not achieving what you want , with no just cause warranted, and then expect to hire a higher rated coach to come in. It just doesn't work like that.

It's like our fans somehow missed Tutor Gate, the product on the field, and Gay and Shrader fighting each other.

Tripp McNeely
11-01-2020, 10:01 PM
Isnt it ?skull DRAG??

BeardoMSU
11-01-2020, 10:03 PM
Isnt it ?skull DRAG??

Y'all think a "skull drag" is as bad as life can get...**

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/IllfatedImpressionableGoose-small.gif

PendingTransaction
11-01-2020, 10:57 PM
JoMo should have been fired, by damn! Not for rotten the football team, but for how he was so unfair to our defensive room. I mean he let the offensive party, smoke dope, go to the water park ( he probably stole the playing in the water from Saban, but I digress), etc. Just let them rot. But based on the fact that this defense is the youngest and least talented that we have had in the last 10 years and is playing inspired football even in the face of sure defeat is proof that the rottenness didn't get to them.

Or Arnett is a genius at managing that Gay/JoMo gangrenous defense room???

Todd4State
11-02-2020, 12:01 AM
JoMo should have been fired, by damn! Not for rotten the football team, but for how he was so unfair to our defensive room. I mean he let the offensive party, smoke dope, go to the water park ( he probably stole the playing in the water from Saban, but I digress), etc. Just let them rot. But based on the fact that this defense is the youngest and least talented that we have had in the last 10 years and is playing inspired football even in the face of sure defeat is proof that the rottenness didn't get to them.

Or maybe we recruited the defensive side of the ball better because those guys weren't in the Country Club?

At any rate I can't say that the defense wasn't part of the problem under Moorhead last year. I think we just got rid of them sooner- Lovett, Gay, Dantzler, and Jones. We're just now getting rid of Hill. We also have better upperclass leaders on that side of the ball (Thompson, Peters, Morgan, Kobe, Spencer) and less of a transition because our scheme isn't all that different from Grantham and Shoop's compared to Leach's offense and Moorhead's.

softballfanatic1
11-02-2020, 05:23 AM
[QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;1283014]As bad as it may get this year, I think it's still important that we see the big picture and Leach's history says that he does build winning programs in time.

If I'm Cohen, I leave Leach alone this season and let him do his thing. However, if we have similar issues in 2021, then I'm asking hard questions to better understand why moving the football is so hard[/QUOTE

Just give it 2 weeks

yjnkdawg
11-02-2020, 09:56 AM

I don't think the defense was excluded from the water park or the other stuff. It was an equal opportunity situation. Some players just have different goals, values, and attitudes concerning their football career and life in general.

FISHDAWG
11-02-2020, 01:44 PM
Yep, free year for CML. If we still look like this next year on O, time to start discussions.

I'm with you here but I wonder who or what we have recruited this year that will help change next year ... I'm willing to give him another two years because I don't think this thing can be fixed by next season but I really need to see some imagination sooner more than later

Jarius
11-02-2020, 02:55 PM

Houston Nutt was at Ole Miss for 4 years. Jesus.

R2Dawg
11-02-2020, 03:06 PM
I've saw this twice about Sherrill, and it isn't true. He was 7-5 (4-3) with a bowl game

Jackie blew the lid off his first year with existing players. I graduated that year. The energy on campus was off the charts. The mad dawgs. He could have easily won several more games too.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-02-2020, 03:07 PM
drag*

Homedawg
11-02-2020, 03:19 PM

hell no we didn't!!!!

Homedawg
11-02-2020, 03:22 PM

huh?? one +3

Maverick91
11-02-2020, 05:27 PM

You wanted to keep Moorhead for one more year?

MedDawg
11-03-2020, 11:05 AM

Ridiculous. Leach and Washington State went 11-2 just TWO seasons ago, and that was with a defense not nearly as good as what MSU has now and most years. By 2018 Leach had been in the conference for several years and they had not figured him out.

[URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Washington_State_Cougars_football_team"]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Washington_State_Cougars_football_team[/U

StateDawg44
11-03-2020, 04:49 PM
Ridiculous. Leach and Washington State went 11-2 just TWO seasons ago, and that was with a defense not nearly as good as what MSU has now and most years. By 2018 Leach had been in the conference for several years and they had not figured him out.

Aight, well in 2020, in the SEC, they've figured him out.

FISHDAWG
11-04-2020, 08:38 AM
Aight, well in 2020, in the SEC, they've figured him out.

actually quite simple isn't it .... I've heard all the excuses in the world so far but the bottom line is we are trying to publish yesterday's news after folks have already read it