Defense = 9 pts

Leach is awesome
Best coach $5 mil a year can buy!

msu15
10-31-2020, 09:34 PM
A lot of fun to watch

BayouDawg
10-31-2020, 09:36 PM
I still think Leach can get it going. But there is no polishing this turd. That is awful.

Getcha_a_Burner
10-31-2020, 09:36 PM
wAiT uNtIl hE gEtS hIs GuYs

Leeshouldveflanked
10-31-2020, 09:37 PM
First career shutout for Leach.

R2Dawg
10-31-2020, 09:42 PM

And he keeps setting records, the wrong kind. Now 2 out of 5 games no O points where he never had that happen in coaching career. He better wise up soon or this will be a death penalty for MSU. But we stuck with air raid. The only raid is by the D against his O.

Vandy is lickin their chops, a chance at SEC win. Pathetic.

Dawgology
10-31-2020, 09:44 PM
Leach must have completely forgotten how to coach.

Irondawg
10-31-2020, 09:47 PM
I just don’t get it - his system has been at least moderately successful every season. He brought basically his whole offensive coaching staff that knows the system inside and out.

Looked great week 1 and the last 4 weeks are unbelievably bad.

What’s happening a few miles up north isn’t helping. I realize they have more skill talent than we do by a long shot but it’s still really tough to stomach

BayouDawg
10-31-2020, 09:53 PM
I just don’t get it - his system has been at least moderately successful every season. He brought basically his whole offensive coaching staff that knows the system inside and out.

Looked great week 1 and the last 4 weeks are unbelievably bad.

What’s happening a few miles up north isn’t helping. I realize they have more skill talent than we do by a long shot but it’s still really tough to stomach

As terrible as WSU was when leach got there they were still a pass heavy team. So they may have had o linemen and receivers more ready for a move to the air raid. Still that doesnt explain the level of suckage here. I did not expect this.

bulldawg28
11-01-2020, 05:38 AM
The system doesn't work with SEC talent and it doesn't matter who he trots on the field for the offense. The SEC is different from when he coached in it 30 years ago. Defenses have evolved. Unfortunately he hasn't.

Dawgfan77
11-01-2020, 07:27 AM
The system doesn't work with SEC talent and it doesn't matter who he trots on the field for the offense. The SEC is different from when he coached in it 30 years ago. Defenses have evolved. Unfortunately he hasn't.

I have to agree with you. The issue is not the 3/8. It's speed. The speed on the DL the speed of the LBs and secondary. The Air Raid won't work in the SEC

Cowbell
11-01-2020, 08:07 AM
I have to agree with you. The issue is not the 3/8. It's speed. The speed on the DL the speed of the LBs and secondary. The Air Raid won't work in the SEC
And good DCs that disguise blitzes/coverage. Leaches offense does nothing to disguise run from pass and that is an elementary staple of this league.

DLGDawg
11-01-2020, 02:50 PM
And good DCs that disguise blitzes/coverage. Leaches offense does nothing to disguise run from pass and that is an elementary staple of this league.

This argument reminds me of the triple option and why no NFL teams ran it back in the day.

The answer I always heard was that NFL defenses were too disciplined and talented for the triple option to work there.

Can that argument be applied here? I don't know the answer.
Thoughts ?

Percho
11-01-2020, 03:49 PM

So he could not win early with the players Alabama has?

R2Dawg
11-01-2020, 04:26 PM

All you have to do is drop a few deep and jump the crossing routes and short pass to the flats. He has nothing else. The league is laughing their tail off at us right now.

If he doesn't grow into a HC soon his whole career will be nothing but a snake oil salesman. At some point you have to be wider than a note card calling plays and adjusting. So far he has shown 0 ability to coach and adjust.

Everything is a nail to him and he is the hammer.

bulldawg28
11-01-2020, 06:00 PM

Nope. People can't get open when essentially everyone can be doubled most plays based off sheer numbers covering. The way to help is at least hand it to the backs 30-40% of the time. We're not even willing to do that.

HoopsDawg
11-01-2020, 06:04 PM

No. 8 covering 5.

Coach34
11-01-2020, 06:14 PM
No. 8 covering 5.

This.

The offense will not improve until Leach develops a running game. The SEC doesnt miss tackles and has great closing speed.

parabrave
11-01-2020, 06:21 PM

This usually happens when backyard go "Tommy you go long and Jummy do a curl" football meets real defenses/

parabrave
11-01-2020, 06:35 PM

Some of us said the same thing when he was hired and we were ostricised for it. Unless he develops a run threat we are instore for this crap until he leaves.