PDA

View Full Version : 2022 coaching wish list

KOdawg1
10-31-2020, 07:42 PM
Leach gets this year. He gets next. Arnett is gonna leave eventually. Assuming our offense continues to look like a midget crawling through quick sand, who would you like to see us hire for the 2022 season?

bluelightstar
10-31-2020, 07:44 PM
Leach gets this year. He gets next. Arnett is gonna leave eventually. Assuming our offense continues to look like a midget crawling through quick sand, who would you like to see us hire for the 2022 season?

A spread option offensive coach. Maybe Brian Johnson gets a g5 job and we can hire him

msu15
10-31-2020, 07:45 PM
**** it, Hugh Freeze.

Jarius
10-31-2020, 07:45 PM
The fact that you think we are going to change coaches again after 2 years is hilarious.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-31-2020, 07:46 PM
Whoever the best coach is.

Look, Arky hired a freaking OL coach and it was a good hire. LSU won a Natty with a guy we all thought was a terrible hire. Pruitt had Saban DC history and he looks to be mediocre. Leach is a 2x national coach of the year and many are looking to the replacement

There's no way of knowing who we should get. I just hope it's not COhen doing the hiring because I don't think he gets what it takes to win at FB. Every other sport he's great at hiring for but FB is the one that really matters

bluelightstar
10-31-2020, 07:48 PM
The fact that you think we are going to change coaches again after 2 years is hilarious.

Say we go 2-8 and 3-9, and can?t score next year either. After he took over a program that had been to 10 straight bowl games. I think it?s a close question whether he?s back or not

KOdawg1
10-31-2020, 07:48 PM
That's what you think is hilarious? 1 first down and 38 yards is what I would call hilarious.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-31-2020, 07:49 PM
Cohen doesn?t need to hire any more coaches.... we need to hire a real AD first.

KOdawg1
10-31-2020, 07:50 PM
Cohen doesn?t need to hire any more coaches.... we need to hire a real AD first.
My bad. I thought that was assumed. Yes, Cohen is gone too.

Bothrops
10-31-2020, 07:50 PM
I think Arnett is gone after this year. I wouldn't continue to coach defense in this gig. That is, unless there's a miraculous turn around this season.

Jarius
10-31-2020, 07:51 PM
That's what you think is hilarious? 1 first down and 38 yards is what I would call hilarious.

It is awful. No one is more upset with our team than me. If you are venting then vent on. If you truly think we are changing coaches after next year you are in for a rude awakening.

KOdawg1
10-31-2020, 07:53 PM
It is awful. No one is more upset with our team than me. If you are venting then vent on. If you truly think we are changing coaches after next year you are in for a rude awakening.
Not venting. Haven't watched the game. I knew what was coming.

We'll see.

And don't edit your post. Say what you mean tough guy.

ShotgunDawg
10-31-2020, 07:54 PM
**** it, Hugh Freeze.

You clear it with Sankey?

ShotgunDawg
10-31-2020, 07:54 PM
Kendall Briles

KOdawg1
10-31-2020, 07:55 PM
Kendall Briles

Good suggestion. I could see it.

msu15
10-31-2020, 07:56 PM

Hell we report ourselves when we don't even half to.

DownwardDawg
10-31-2020, 07:57 PM

Is it really???? Doesn't seem far fetched to me.

Bothrops
10-31-2020, 07:59 PM
Leach will get 3 years no matter what, unless he resigns. But we ain't winning shit at least until then.

Jarius
10-31-2020, 08:10 PM
Not venting. Haven't watched the game. I knew what was coming.

We'll see.

And don't edit your post. Say what you mean tough guy.

I edited my post because it was too harsh, but yea, if you believe that you are a full blown idiot.

Jarius
10-31-2020, 08:11 PM
Is it really???? Doesn't seem far fetched to me.

It is one of the most uninformed idiotic opinions ever put on this board, and that is saying a lot.

KOdawg1
10-31-2020, 08:11 PM
I edited my post because it was too harsh, but yea, if you believe that you are a full blown idiot.

We'll see.

Jarius
10-31-2020, 08:16 PM
No, we won’t see. He’s not getting fired unless we have some sort of scandal. It’s an extremely stupid topic to start.

KOdawg1
10-31-2020, 08:20 PM
No, we won’t see. He’s not getting fired unless we have some sort of scandal. It’s an extremely stupid topic to start.

We'll see.

Todd4State
10-31-2020, 08:54 PM
Jeff Monken, Ken Nimuatala, Paul Johnson, Troy Calhoun. That's a these dumb mother ****er players can do.

HailStateSZN19
10-31-2020, 09:12 PM
Joe Brady or Kendall Briles

msu15
10-31-2020, 09:14 PM
Jeff Monken, Ken Nimuatala, Paul Johnson, Troy Calhoun. That's a these dumb mother ****er players can do.

I'd be down.

parabrave
10-31-2020, 09:20 PM
Time to go get our winningest Coach ever back. I give you Greg Knox. He should've been hired right after the Gator Bowl

msu15
10-31-2020, 09:21 PM
Time to go get our winningest Coach ever back. I give you Greg Knox. He should've been hired right after the Gator Bowl

No

Dawgology
10-31-2020, 10:07 PM
Billy Napier. It was dumb that we didn’t pay him what he asked in the first place.

Failing that...Hudspeth. He would win here. A lot. (Queue the “it will never happen because of top secret rumor no one will say”).

KOdawg1
10-31-2020, 10:09 PM
Billy Napier. It was dumb that we didn’t pay him what he asked in the first place.

Failing that...Hudspeth. He would win here. A lot. (Queue the “it will never happen because of top secret rumor no one will say”).

Napier will be long gone from ULL by 2022. We were never getting him. He wants the South Carolina job.

Homedawg
10-31-2020, 10:38 PM
Unless you have a checkbook to write a big one, and you don't or your wouldn't post it, just forget it.

KOdawg1
10-31-2020, 10:41 PM
Unless you have a checkbook to write a big one, and you don't or your wouldn't post it, just forget it.

Nah, I can have an opinion without writing a big check. Does it mean anything? No, but I'll post my thoughts as I please, thanks.

Todd4State
10-31-2020, 10:56 PM
Napier will be long gone from ULL by 2022. We were never getting him. He wants the South Carolina job.

Yeah. And he would be gone about a year later.

ShotgunDawg
10-31-2020, 10:59 PM
Mike Leach winning 8 games is my first choice

KOdawg1
10-31-2020, 11:04 PM
Mike Leach winning 8 games is my first choice

Can he adapt the offense? That's the only way I see that happening.

msbulldog
11-01-2020, 02:04 PM
Say we go 2-8 and 3-9, and can?t score next year either. After he took over a program that had been to 10 straight bowl games. I think it?s a close question whether he?s back or not

If we lose to Mississippi 2 years in a row, the natives we'll get restless. But, if that happens odds are Mississippi we'll be starting the coaching deal over as well as chances are Kiffin we'll leave for a better program.

msbulldog
11-01-2020, 02:07 PM
I think Arnett is gone after this year. I wouldn't continue to coach defense in this gig. That is, unless there's a miraculous turn around this season.

Their already talking about replacing Pelini with Arnett on the Tiger boards.

starkvegasdawg
11-01-2020, 02:22 PM

Honest question. If we told Sankey to go piss up a rope what could he do?

Coach34
11-01-2020, 02:31 PM
One scenario I could see is The Pirate saying "F#ck This im going to Key West" after a 3-9 or 4-8 season next year

HailStateSZN19
11-01-2020, 02:44 PM
One scenario I could see is The Pirate saying "F#ck This im going to Key West" after a 3-9 or 4-8 season next year

He goes 3-9 or 4-8 next year and we look like s**t on offense still and I won’t be mad. No way we’re firing him before he gets 3 years. But if we haven’t improved much next season, I wouldn’t be upset if he decided to just throw up the duces and retires away to Key West.

Who’s on your short list of guys you’d look at theoretically *IF* something like what you’re saying happened?

ScooterDog
11-01-2020, 03:44 PM
I think this thread was designed for us to talk about get our hopes up for the future. So, in keeping my hopes up, I wanted the entire Cincinnati coaching staff before, and I still do. They seem to just win, that's all.

Bothrops
11-01-2020, 04:12 PM
He goes 3-9 or 4-8 next year and we look like s**t on offense still and I won?t be mad. No way we?re firing him before he gets 3 years. But if we haven?t improved much next season, I wouldn?t be upset if he decided to just throw up the duces and retires away to Key West.

Who?s on your short list of guys you?d look at theoretically *IF* something like what you?re saying happened?

Next year is going to he a tough season too.

HailStateSZN19
11-01-2020, 04:30 PM
Next year is going to he a tough season too.

That’s what I’m afraid of. I think Rogers is going to be good but he’ll still be a freshman eligibility wise and sophomore experience wise. But even the young WR’s like Walley and Tulu that we expect to be good, they’re not likely to take monster steps forward next season. And although Knox and Nabers are really talented, they’re not Bama or LSU type freshmen WR’s who you expect to come in and instantly be studs (maybe I’m wrong and they do exactly what I’m saying they probably won’t). It’ll take them some time to acclimate. Heath will be back and is going to have to be a legit #1 option for us next year or we’re screwed. Austin Williams is just limited speed/agility/quickness wise and although he’s got the best hands on the team, he just can’t consistently get open against SEC DB’s.

So what do you look at roster-wise for next season for hope that the offense gets going? We’re going to be relying on a young QB, 2 young RB’s, and 3-4 young WR’s (all sophomore/freshmen). Albeit the QB, RB’s and 2 of the young WR’s will have a year in the system, they’re still going to be going against some older, tougher, more experienced guys on defense.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-01-2020, 06:23 PM
That?s what I?m afraid of. I think Rogers is going to be good but he?ll still be a freshman eligibility wise and sophomore experience wise. But even the young WR?s like Walley and Tulu that we expect to be good, they?re not likely to take monster steps forward next season. And although Knox and Nabers are really talented, they?re not Bama or LSU type freshmen WR?s who you expect to come in and instantly be studs (maybe I?m wrong and they do exactly what I?m saying they probably won?t). It?ll take them some time to acclimate. Heath will be back and is going to have to be a legit #1 option for us next year or we?re screwed. Austin Williams is just limited speed/agility/quickness wise and although he?s got the best hands on the team, he just can?t consistently get open against SEC DB?s.

So what do you look at roster-wise for next season for hope that the offense gets going? We?re going to be relying on a young QB, 2 young RB?s, and 3-4 young WR?s (all sophomore/freshmen). Albeit the QB, RB?s and 2 of the young WR?s will have a year in the system, they?re still going to be going against some older, tougher, more experienced guys on defense.

Which is why he'll get a year 3.

IF you can't win in year 3 with 1) a Jr QB you recruited, 2) a highly rated So 4* QB you recruited, 3) 2 Jr 4* RBs, 3) multiple 4* WRs, 4) gifted young 5* and 4* OT's + the Ol you brought in, then you have no excuse. If an O can't work with that it won't work in year 4 or 5

yjnkdawg
11-01-2020, 07:16 PM
Nice fantasy ("what if") thread I guess , but it's not reality. The only way CML will be leaving our football program during the time period indicated is for (1) he decides that he wants to go to another university or college; (2) he decides to hang it up and retire in FL or anywhere else he chooses; and then (3) If he violates something in his contract that warrants termination. Other than that, if he is in good health,where he can continue to coach, he will be our football coach in 2022.

Cooterpoot
11-01-2020, 07:50 PM
Nick Saban or Dabo Swinney

KOdawg1
11-01-2020, 07:54 PM

Don't forget Urban Meyer

yjnkdawg
11-01-2020, 08:49 PM

LOL Let's just wait and see who wins the Super Bowl and then hire the winning HC.

Jack Lambert
11-01-2020, 09:10 PM

the fact this is being discussed five games into his first season is asinine. Some of you need some hobbies or a BJ.

msu15
11-02-2020, 12:16 AM
the fact this is being discussed five games into his first season is asinine. Some of you need some hobbies or a BJ.

Coach34 can't see his penis so that's off the table for him.

StarkVegasSteve
11-02-2020, 10:08 AM
Luke Fickell, but I'm afraid long gone from Cincy by then. He's Vrabel at the collegiate level. It's who we should've hired this time.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-02-2020, 10:22 AM
**** it, Hugh Freeze.

If USM was smart they would be all over Hugh Freeze. The guy can obviously coach. He has won everywhere he has gone. He deserves a another chance and USM could get their program turned around in a hurry.

BB30
11-02-2020, 11:43 AM

We have a winner. Some of yall need to back off of the ledge. This isn't life or death. We are probably running through some savings already as is with COVID cutting into $$. We simply can't afford to fire him after next year.

Give the guy a break and a chance to get acclimated. He may never win much of anything here but expecting to in year one of a screwed up year already is dumb. Some of yall sound like those millennials you are always complaining about wanting instant gratification. Seems like some of you older dogs want the same thing, INSTANT GRATIFICATION.