PDA

View Full Version : Sooooo rules violations

Duckdog
10-28-2020, 06:53 PM
Who wants ro bet some of these idiots wouldn't stop smoking weed

Homedawg
10-28-2020, 07:06 PM
To be clear I haven't checked on why they got the punt. But I will say, if we- leach is going to punt people for smoking dope(and I'm not talking 3/4 times) then he won't make it here... and I don't smoke. But these kids do. And yes it will hurt recruiting when word gets out.

SPMT
10-28-2020, 07:13 PM
Who gives a 17 about smoking weed. I would make sure athletes passed that bullshit. So many people do weed and they are successful and productive etc. it?s better than alcohol. It?s illegal only because of William Randolph Hearst.

99% of college football players are sparking up. Calvin Johnson did after every game because he didn?t want mat to take opioids.

If Leach is so hardcore on this he needs to check himself, because word is he?s a damn near a drunk.

LC Dawg
10-28-2020, 07:22 PM
I keep seeing/hearing that Leach has a one strike policy with weed. I don't know if that is true but if it is true then he better not test the players or he better get ready to be Vandy bad.
College football players smoke weed. Saban's players do. The great moralistic Dabo's players do.
I don't think the NFL suspends players for weed so Mississippi State kicking them off the team for one violation won't work.
Fans can gnash their teeth over this and pretend it's the 20th century and think we can get some good ole wholesome boys to play for us and win but it ain't happening.

Duckdog
10-28-2020, 09:12 PM
Bullshit its his rules follow them. If you can't give up smoking weed and lut your education abd career on the line because of it you have issues.

HoopsDawg
10-28-2020, 09:15 PM
Half the 7th graders in MS smoke weed. If Leach is one and done, Cohen will have to step in.

BeardoMSU
10-28-2020, 09:25 PM
I keep seeing/hearing that Leach has a one strike policy with weed. I don't know if that is true but if it is true then he better not test the players or he better get ready to be Vandy bad.
College football players smoke weed. Saban's players do. The great moralistic Dabo's players do.
I don't think the NFL suspends players for weed so Mississippi State kicking them off the team for one violation won't work.
Fans can gnash their teeth over this and pretend it's the 20th century and think we can get some good ole wholesome boys to play for us and win but it ain't happening.

Too bad BYU will out-recruit us for those players.**

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2020, 09:33 PM
So how come only non-starters are getting the boot?

Do our starters not smoke weed?

Point being, there’s more going on here.

Matt3467
10-28-2020, 09:39 PM
"everyone does it so what's wrong with smoking weed? Leach is the problem here" give me a break. If that's his rule then follow it. It's not as though what he's asking is unreasonable although most on here say so.

https://www.lung.org/quit-smoking/smoking-facts/health-effects/marijuana-and-lung-health
I understand the issue here isn't with health. People smoke cigarettes and drink cases of alcohol all the time. The problem is with the neurological side effects: https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana take a second and look at the short and long term effects of marijuana usage. Weed (outside of very specific medical usage) should not be encouraged so therefore I have no problem with Leach (if it's even true) taking a hardcore stance against it.

defiantdog
10-28-2020, 10:28 PM
Doubt he got cut (if that's the case) if it was his first offense.

bulldawg28
10-29-2020, 01:41 AM
Leach is a dinosaur looking to go extinct.

bulldawg28
10-29-2020, 01:42 AM
Who gives a 17 about smoking weed. I would make sure athletes passed that bullshit. So many people do weed and they are successful and productive etc. it?s better than alcohol. It?s illegal only because of William Randolph Hearst.

99% of college football players are sparking up. Calvin Johnson did after every game because he didn?t want mat to take opioids.

If Leach is so hardcore on this he needs to check himself, because word is he?s a damn near a drunk.

He looks and sounds like a drunk 90% of the time.

Maroonthirteen
10-29-2020, 07:25 AM

1. State should have hired Sarkisian.

2. Leach is going to have quite the problem if and when weed dispensarys are in Starkville.

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2020, 07:32 AM

2. Leach is going to have quite the problem if and when weed dispensarys are in Starkville.

I don't think Sark was the answer at all

Maroonthirteen
10-29-2020, 07:44 AM

Yeah.... Alabama only leads the conference in all but one offensive category. #3 in the nation in offense.

But whatever ..... I'm not arguing with you. We can revisit this topic at seasons end.

msbulldog
10-29-2020, 07:47 AM
How many 5 stars on Alabama's offense?

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2020, 07:52 AM
Yeah.... Alabama only leads the conference in all but one offensive category. #3 in the nation in offense.

But whatever ..... I'm not arguing with you. We can revisit this topic at seasons end.

You could OC Bama to a top 20 offense.

Wish people would get would think this stuff through.

Why is in the world would anyone hire Sark over Leach when Sark has already failed at two blue bloods and Leach has never failed? What possible logic is there to that?

Cowbell
10-29-2020, 08:34 AM

I agree with you some on doubting Leach, but you need to reign it in a little. This is not true and only shows you are reaching.

Cowbell
10-29-2020, 08:34 AM
You could OC Bama to a top 20 offense.

Wish people would get would think this stuff through.

Why is in the world would anyone hire Sark over Leach when Sark has already failed at two blue bloods and Leach has never failed? What possible logic is there to that?

Agreed

bulldawg28
10-29-2020, 08:36 AM

Agreed

Jack Lambert
10-29-2020, 08:37 AM
Half the 7th graders in MS smoke weed. If Leach is one and done, Cohen will have to step in.

50% of 7th graders? where you hear that?

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2020, 08:46 AM
Agreed

There's no logic to hiring Sark over Leach. None whatsoever.

People in decision making positions have to justify their hirings. They can't just throw crap at the wall and keep their job.

There's not a single bit of logic to hiring Sark over Leach that you could justify to a university president.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-29-2020, 08:55 AM
If the rules are "don't smoke weed", then I have no problem with a player being booted for smoking weed. Why is it wrong to hold people accountable?

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2020, 08:59 AM
If the rules are "don't smoke weed", then I have no problem with a player being booted for smoking weed. Why is it wrong to hold people accountable?

Agree, but I don't think that's the rule. If that's the rule and only backups happen to smoke weed, then that's interesting natural selection bias

bulldawg28
10-29-2020, 09:14 AM

People in decision making positions have to justify their hirings. They can't just throw crap at the wall and keep their job.

There's not a single bit of logic to hiring Sark over Leach that you could justify to a university president.

A young upcoming coach that's a proven winner and program manager sounds better than an end of his career old school media darling.

Liverpooldawg
10-29-2020, 09:17 AM

Sark is a dang good football coach. If he is really on the wagon then somebody is going to get a very good head coach very soon. That is the only thing working against him.

Liverpooldawg
10-29-2020, 09:19 AM

He is a better coach that isn't a media darling one trick pony.

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2020, 09:32 AM
Sark is a dang good football coach. If he is really on the wagon then somebody is going to get a very good head coach very soon. That is the only thing working against him.

That may be so but there's no logic to hiring him over Leach and you wouldn't bet $5 mil on Sark being better

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2020, 09:33 AM
He is a better coach that isn't a media darling one trick pony.

then why doesn't his head coaching record reflect that?

HoopsDawg
10-29-2020, 10:28 AM

I wouldn't have hired Sark over Leach at the time. You have to be careful hiring Bama assistants. Cohen got fooled by Moorhead and didn't realize how much talent Moorhead was working with at Penn State.

Leach can win here if he will adapt. If he continues to blame personnel and execution like you do as a dense poster, he will fail.

Maroonthirteen
10-29-2020, 10:35 AM

This is 17n message board dude.

My point was Sark's offense is looking good. Leach's not so much. If you want to talk real, I can get Cohen being apprehensive about hiring Sark given his exit at USC. However, you are being illogical regarding Sark for the sole purpose of defending your coach crush. Sark took over a UW team that had 5 losing seasons prior, which included a 0-12 season. He had one decent year at USC and won 8 games, calling plays drunk. He has a .550 winning percentage as a HC. Leach is .600 as a HC.

We all know the reality is that Leach better workout because State is stuck with Leach 3-4 years. It has been duly noted that you're 100 a Leach guy. You don't have to run to his defense anytime someone has a thought to the contrary regarding Leach. We will all find out in 3-4 years if the Leach era is a good one. 2020...so far,the air-raid is a paper airplane.

However, you have already said this summer.... it was illogical for State to be ONLY slight favorites v Arkansas and a dog v UK for the 2020 year. You were wrong and being an illogical fan.

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2020, 10:43 AM
A young upcoming coach that's a proven winner and program manager sounds better than an end of his career old school media darling.

Young upcoming?

He's already failed at 2 blue bloods. There's a lot more to running a program than just being a bright offensive mind.

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2020, 10:43 AM
I wouldn't have hired Sark over Leach at the time. You have to be careful hiring Bama assistants. Cohen got fooled by Moorhead and didn't realize how much talent Moorhead was working with at Penn State.

Leach can win here if he will adapt. If he continues to blame personnel and execution like you do as a dense poster, he will fail.

100% agree

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2020, 10:45 AM
This is 17n message board dude.

My point was Sark's offense is looking good. Leach's not so much.

So this is really the extent of the opinion. Pretty in depth analysis here. I'm sure college presidents would be thrilled with you as an AD

William Tecumsah Sherman
10-29-2020, 10:49 AM
The fact that people are mad that kids are held accountable and face consequences due to breaking rules is perplexing. Microcosm of society I guess.

bulldawg28
10-29-2020, 10:50 AM
Young upcoming?

He's already failed at 2 blue bloods. There's a lot more to running a program than just being a bright offensive mind.

Leach ultimately failed at Tech and was run off. WSU was glad he left. Sark has more upside.

Hot Rock
10-29-2020, 10:56 AM
Leach ultimately failed at Tech and was run off. WSU was glad he left. Sark has more upside.

What freak are you smoking? Failed at TECH? You have no idea what you are saying.. WSU glad he left? UMMMM, they will be back to winning 1-3 game a year in short order.

RocketCityDawg
10-29-2020, 11:03 AM
What freak are you smoking? Failed at TECH? You have no idea what you are saying.. WSU glad he left? UMMMM, they will be back to winning 1-3 game a year in short order.

He's got to be just trolling at this point, right? He can't be this stupid and dishonest, right?

NWADAWG
10-29-2020, 11:06 AM

He may have failed at being nice to booster's kids but he did not fail at winning at TTech.
2000 7-6
2001 7-6
2002 9-5
2003 8-5
2004 8-4
2005 9-3
2006 8-5
2007 9-4
2008 11-2
2009 8-4 didn't coach bowl but they won on his system so 9-4.

I'm not sure if he will win at State or not but to say he failed at TTech is simply not true with regards to winning and losing.

bulldawg28
10-29-2020, 11:14 AM

If you're fired or run off, you failed. He was fired at TexasTech.... that's failing.

Maroonthirteen
10-29-2020, 11:14 AM
Leach has been successful everywhere he has been. THe only Q on Leach is if Leach has been figured out and if his offense will continue to work. He has been running the same thing for 20 years. We shall see.

In 2020, Sarks offense is kicking ass. Leaches....not so much. Yeah, Bama has 5*s. However, State has lost all games this year vs roughly equal talent.

Bothrops
10-29-2020, 11:36 AM

This is dumb.

R2Dawg
10-29-2020, 12:04 PM
Leach is a dinosaur looking to go extinct.

So many are willing to sell their soul to win. If you think the culture was bad, wait till you have a whole team of pot addicted players. Saban ain't going to put up with that either.

Based on feedback on/off campus by students there, the pot problem has gotten worse with Covid school. A few housing locations have pot smokestacks.

No society has ever achieved or sustained success when it loses its moral compass. That is what you see happening in America right now. I don't want our football program to be part of that.

HancockCountyDog
10-29-2020, 12:14 PM
You know it is simply possible that we was simply a really good coach for a long time who is struggling to adapt his offense to one particular defense. There is no reason to try and pretend that Leach isn't a good coach, he absolutely has been a successful coach at programs where winning has been damn near impossible.

It's also possible that his offense really struggles against athletic defenses that run a 3-8 zone. Both things can be true. So far, they sure seem like they are true.

It is up to Leach to adapt his offense to defeat the 3-8. I think he can do it, my concern is that I'm almost positive he won't.

msbulldog
10-29-2020, 12:26 PM
If you're fired or run off, you failed. He was fired at TexasTech.... that's failing.

Your wrong.

bulldawg28
10-29-2020, 12:36 PM
Your wrong.

Was he not fired? If football were a Corporate setting the reasoning behind his firing and mass exodus leaving with more to come according to Leach would bring red flags and warrant an investigation. I'm never on the jump to protect a coach and make him right because he's in an authoritative seat. It is what it is. We'll see whose right. It will take less than 24 months. If we lose to Ole Miss everyone that's protecting him now we sing a new tune.

PCHSDawg
10-29-2020, 12:37 PM
Some of y'all really make me appreciate the ignore feature, some stupid sh!te being posted 'round here.

Extendedcab
10-29-2020, 12:55 PM
So many are willing to sell their soul to win. If you think the culture was bad, wait till you have a whole team of pot addicted players. Saban ain't going to put up with that either.

Based on feedback on/off campus by students there, the pot problem has gotten worse with Covid school. A few housing locations have pot smokestacks.

No society has ever achieved or sustained success when it loses its moral compass. That is what you see happening in America right now. I don't want our football program to be part of that.

Good one! Tried to give rep but have to spread it around more first.

StateDawg44
10-29-2020, 01:24 PM

What on earth are you talking about? Feedback? Pot smokestacks?

Because of COVID??? Either they are going to smoke or they aren't Covid has nothing to do with it.

Are you saying students are volunteering information about their smoking habits to what? A poll of some sort collecting feedback?

thf24
10-29-2020, 01:31 PM
So many are willing to sell their soul to win. If you think the culture was bad, wait till you have a whole team of alcohol addicted players. Saban ain't going to put up with that either.

Based on feedback on/off campus by students there, the alcohol problem has gotten worse with Covid school. [Not sure what a "smokestack" is in regards to housing]

Just out of curiosity, would you say my edits to your post changed the message in any meaningful way?

In response to the thread in general, do we have a shred of confirmation yet that weed was the specific offense, or that Leach's zero-tolerance drug policy extends to weed?

SPMT
10-29-2020, 01:33 PM

Smoking a natural plant is immoral.....?

Get a grip.

Way worse problems than that in our society if you are pointing to morals.

Liverpooldawg
10-29-2020, 01:50 PM

Because he was a drunk.

Liverpooldawg
10-29-2020, 01:54 PM
Young upcoming?

He got fired at SC because he was showing up at practice stone drunk, as in slurring his words and staggering. He was drinking in the locker room. He was having the same problems at Washington. He was a very good assistant at SC under Pete Carroll. Now he is under Saban and doing another great job. The man can coach, when he is sober.

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2020, 02:02 PM
He got fired at SC because he was showing up at practice stone drunk, as in slurring his words and staggering. He was drinking in the locker room. He was having the same problems at Washington. He was a very good assistant at SC under Pete Carroll. Now he is under Saban and doing another great job. The man can coach, when he is sober.

He may be successful somewhere, but you've yet to give a convincing argument to why any sane person would hire him over Leach.

So I get a worse record than Leach and alcohol in his past?

But since he's young and upcoming, I'm supposed to believe that's a better hire?

Captain Falcon
10-29-2020, 02:05 PM

Texas Tech would take him back in a heart beat now. He won 8 games or more there 8 years in a row, they've only had two 8 win seasons total in the decade since they ran him off. They had Patrick freaking Mahomes and the best record they could put together with that kind of talent at QB was 7-6. Also, it's widely known that Leach's firing was highly controversial and the texbook definition of booster meddling.

Surely you're not this ill-informed.

Indndawg
10-29-2020, 02:15 PM

with that statement

bulldawg28
10-29-2020, 02:41 PM
Texas Tech would take him back in a heart beat now. He won 8 games or more there 8 years in a row, they've only had two 8 win seasons total in the decade since they ran him off. They had Patrick freaking Mahomes and the best record they could put together with that kind of talent at QB was 7-6. Also, it's widely known that Leach's firing was highly controversial and the texbook definition of booster meddling.

Surely you're not this ill-informed.

Boosters get 90% of coaches fired. Leach made the University look bad so he had to go.

bulldawg28
10-29-2020, 02:44 PM
with that statement

If you say so. The major universities have been willing to give sarkisian a chance verses Leach explain that to me? Someone upside is greater than the other when it comes to major universities. Leach has been turned down for every major job with the exception of us, if you want to call MSU high profile.

Percho
10-29-2020, 03:03 PM

Would Leach's offense be as successful as Alabama's both running and passing with the players on Alabama's team?

What do you think the stats would look like against the 4 teams we have played?

AFDawg
10-29-2020, 03:05 PM

I've read a lot of dumb things on message boards, but few that made me laugh as much as this one.

thf24
10-29-2020, 03:23 PM
Boosters get 90% of coaches fired. Leach made the University look bad so he had to go.

Come on man. Either you're consciously ignoring key context to fit a narrative, or you just plain don't know what happened.

Maroonthirteen
10-29-2020, 03:58 PM
Would Leach's offense be as successful as Alabama's both running and passing with the players on Alabama's team?

What do you think the stats would look like against the 4 teams we have played?

The current Alabama players at MSU playing for Leach would be 2-2 or 3-1. They wouldn't lead the conference or be 3rd nationally in offense.

If Leach was at Bama without Saban and Sark, Alabama would be 1-3 to 3-1. Possible Losses to OM, aTm and UGA.

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2020, 04:44 PM
The current Alabama players at MSU playing for Leach would be 2-2 or 3-1. They wouldn't lead the conference or be 3rd nationally in offense.

If Leach was at Bama without Saban and Sark, Alabama would be 1-3 to 3-1. Possible Losses to OM, aTm and UGA.

LOL

Get out of here with that

Maroonthirteen
10-29-2020, 07:12 PM
1 TD in 8 quarters vs Kentucky and aTm. That's pathetic.

Drop your balls. Put your prediction out there.

State has to play all the schools that Bama just played. Let's hear what the offensive wizard is going to do. Put it out there genius.

Lord McBuckethead
10-29-2020, 07:21 PM
Bullshit its his rules follow them. If you can't give up smoking weed and lut your education abd career on the line because of it you have issues.

They will go play literally at any other college though. College players smoke weed. Who really gives a shit.