PDA

View Full Version : Is it a problem that Leach hasn't talked to Kylin...

HoopsDawg
10-28-2020, 11:58 AM
Leach was just asked about this. Says they wish him the best. "I haven't talked to Kylin. What I've heard is he's opting out and preparing for the NFL."

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2020, 12:00 PM
Leach was just asked about this. Says they wish him the best. "I haven't talked to Kylin. What I've heard is he's opting out and preparing for the NFL."

Read between the lines. I think this quote tells you everything you need to know.

Leach booted him and doesn't care how Kylin or anyone else frames it

Homedawg
10-28-2020, 12:00 PM
Tells you all you need to know.

HoopsDawg
10-28-2020, 12:02 PM
Tells you all you need to know.

Ok, just asking the question. I know that most players today need to feel like the head coach cares about them. That's just not Leach.

bobcat91
10-28-2020, 12:02 PM
How many times are folks going to talk this to death. Hill is gone. Period. He can make face saving comments and others can bounce this back and forth, but whether you think he was kicked off the team, quit, is working on the NFL or whatever, the facts won't change. He will never wear maroon and white officially again. Let it go.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2020, 12:04 PM
Ok, just asking the question. I know that most players today need to feel like the head coach cares about them. That's just not Leach.

Not true IMO.

The best coaching staffs have a bad cop Head Coach and good cop assistants that care about the players.

You think Saban shows his players love? No shot. but his assistants do.

The head coach sets the culture and expectations and the assistants put their arms around the kids.

The best coaching staffs are mostly built that way.

R2Dawg
10-28-2020, 12:25 PM
Not true IMO.

The best coaching staffs have a bad cop Head Coach and good cop assistants that care about the players.

You think Saban shows his players love? No shot. but his assistants do.

The head coach sets the culture and expectations and the assistants put their arms around the kids.

The best coaching staffs are mostly built that way.

I don't think Saban is the norm. I see the opposite of what you describe a lot of the time. The CEO is the good guy to guys many levels away from him but he rides the guys right under him. The position coaches may be the hardest on the players. Bottom line is where ever the bad cop, good cop comes from, you can't have just one in the whole organization. Whether they are harsh or not, the guy at the top has to set the tone. The manor in which he does that may be personality more than anything.

HoopsDawg
10-28-2020, 12:28 PM
I don't think Saban is the norm. I see the opposite of what you describe a lot of the time. The CEO is the good guy to guys many levels away from him but he rides the guys right under him. The position coaches may be the hardest on the players. Bottom line is where ever the bad cop, good cop comes from, you can't have just one in the whole organization. Whether they are harsh or not, the guy at the top has to set the tone. The manor in which he does that may be personality more than anything.

Saban is tough on his players but he cares about them. Most of his guys would run thru a wall for him.

Dabo is great example of having discipline but gets along with his players.

Irondawg
10-28-2020, 12:31 PM
Either approach can work but I’m a fan of the guy at the top being the table setter

hp22
10-28-2020, 12:32 PM
If there is an issue in the locker room, then I applaud our coaching staff for aggressively handling it. The sooner the issues are cleaned up, the sooner the program can move forward.

ZedFedder
10-28-2020, 12:36 PM
He hasn’t talked to Kylin because Kylin isn’t his player anymore.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2020, 12:38 PM
He hasn’t talked to Kylin because Kylin isn’t his player anymore.

Yeah I think they had their "talk" after the uk game. Nothing else left to say.

PGHBulldogBG
10-28-2020, 12:44 PM
I may not be a Leach fan, but I think the mess that Moorhead left is bigger than we thought. He sure destroyed things in 2 short years in terms of culture. I don?t fault Leach for any of this purging and I think he is doing the right thing to get attitude problems off the team. I am hopeful that once it gets cleaned up he can prove me wrong and take us to high levels. We do have to give him 3 years unless it?s still a complete train wreck next year.

TUSK
10-28-2020, 12:48 PM
Saban is tough on his players but he cares about them. Most of his guys would run thru a wall for him.

this^

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2020, 12:52 PM

You can win different ways.

Did Saban have that at Bama in 2007?

ZedFedder
10-28-2020, 12:56 PM
You can win different ways.

Did Saban have that at Bama in 2007?

Knew a guy that was at Bama for Saban’s first season. Said they were in line to get their jersey number, and the guy in front of him told Saban that he had to have a specific number. Said Saban cussed him so bad that he made sure to tell Saban to give him whatever number he felt like!

Choctaw Dawg
10-28-2020, 12:58 PM
The last thing Leach is going to do is beg a player to come back.

HoopsDawg
10-28-2020, 01:02 PM
The last thing Leach is going to do is beg a player to come back.

No one on this board would want him to.

Homedawg
10-28-2020, 01:05 PM

Well he did talk to him right after the uk game....

StateDawg44
10-28-2020, 01:08 PM
I may not be a Leach fan, but I think the mess that Moorhead left is bigger than we thought. He sure destroyed things in 2 short years in terms of culture. I don?t fault Leach for any of this purging and I think he is doing the right thing to get attitude problems off the team. I am hopeful that once it gets cleaned up he can prove me wrong and take us to high levels. We do have to give him 3 years unless it?s still a complete train wreck next year.

He'll get 4 regardless of next year.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2020, 01:09 PM

This!

HoopsDawg
10-28-2020, 01:24 PM

Yep. Kylin was emotional and frustrated (can you blame him). Kylin acted poorly. No debate.

But did they have any additional meetings?

Leeshouldveflanked
10-28-2020, 01:27 PM
I am traveling thru Alabama this week and Cole Cubulic said the thing that he noticed during the UK-MSU game was Kylin taking himself out and his body language showed that he didn?t want to be out on the field. He also said Leach?s OL splits wouldn?t work in the SEC no matter who MSU had on OL.

PGHBulldogBG
10-28-2020, 01:39 PM
I am traveling thru Alabama this week and Cole Cubulic said the thing that he noticed during the UK-MSU game was Kylin taking himself out and his body language showed that he didn?t want to be out on the field. He also said Leach?s OL splits wouldn?t work in the SEC no matter who MSU had on OL.

While I agree with Hill on that, it should?ve been an opinion kept to himself as a player. Comments like that can bring the whole team down. It?s one thing for us fans to express that view but an active player should not do so

Homedawg
10-28-2020, 01:43 PM
Yep. Kylin was emotional and frustrated (can you blame him). Kylin acted poorly. No debate.

But did they have any additional meetings?

Yes. When they got back.....now I don't think it was a two sided meeting for the most part

BuckyIsAB****
10-28-2020, 07:30 PM
Kylin hill was exposed for what he was all along IMO. The fact he played over Aeris Williams is a crying shame

Coach34
10-28-2020, 07:52 PM
Kylin said enough after Kentucky. Nothing left to be said at that point. His resignation was accepted. Onward and Upward

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-28-2020, 08:12 PM
Kylin said enough after Kentucky. Nothing left to be said at that point. His resignation was accepted. Onward and Upward

Yep say what you want about Leach being an ass and running off more people than he should but if you quit on your team as a Sr? We'll be better off without you. Can't have guys looking up to that as a leader and thinking it's ok