PDA

View Full Version : Shavers is the only transfer that bothers me

BB30
10-28-2020, 11:13 AM
I don't mind most of these transfers but Shavers bothers me. This is a kid that waited his turn at Bama under Saban and hasn't ever been a problem kid from everything we know on him.

If he can handle Saban what is his problem with Leach? Saban is a hard nosed old school coach, he stuck it out under him for several years and now can't handle Leach?

That one doesn't make sense to me and he seemed like a guy that could really help bridge the gap at WR until Leach got some of his guys in there.

What am I missing?

StarkVegasSteve
10-28-2020, 11:14 AM
Was wondering the same thing. Something's up. He knew what he was getting into. Maybe he got passed on the depth chart......I'm hoping it's something as simple as that.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2020, 11:19 AM
He may have failed a drug test, which Leach says he has no patience for in "Swing your Sword"

Leach is looking for players that ALL IN and if you choose to do drugs when you know it's against the rules, then you're not ALL IN. It's that simple

NCMSTFAN
10-28-2020, 11:28 AM
I dont like the fact that drugs are being insinuated. Maybe guys are seeing this offense and Leach won't work in the SEC. As mentioned by someone else, Shavers is coming from Alabama and Nick Saban is one of the hardest coaches in the nation to play for, seeing him leave is odd.. I was very excited when we hired him, and I hope he gets this thing turned around, but I haven't liked what I have seen with this offense or our program so far.

Cooterpoot
10-28-2020, 11:30 AM
Shavers was on pace to have less than 300 yards this year. I don't see a huge loss.

basedog
10-28-2020, 11:34 AM
Maybe he is just tired of the "grind" with playing football. It happens.

MSUDAWGFAN
10-28-2020, 02:44 PM
Saban allows drugs on his team (as long as you can play). Leach does not. It's probably as simple as that.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2696168-tim-williams-admits-he-failed-multiple-drug-tests-at-alabama

Bothrops
10-28-2020, 02:48 PM
Rules don't apply to Alabama.

Jarius
10-28-2020, 02:53 PM
You're going to have about 10 more chances to be bothered. Buckle up.

Extendedcab
10-28-2020, 03:23 PM
You're going to have about 10 more chances to be bothered. Buckle up.

Why do you say that? Do you know who the additional 10 are?

deltadawg63
10-28-2020, 03:30 PM
I am beginning to believe the narrative that it was Keenum who forced Cohen's hand on firing Moorhead as he learned about the internal problems and wanted the program cleaned up and many of us regular fans did not know how tainted the locker room actually was..we only saw the underperformance on the field and wondered what the real problem was when talent and ability were not matching performance. Maybe now we really more fully understand what the real problems were.

Irondawg
10-28-2020, 03:31 PM
Well it was said his was not “voluntary” which means he broke a team of rule of some kind that you can’t come back from.

I’m sure there will be more - just got to ride the wave at this point

bulldawg28
10-28-2020, 03:42 PM
Leach will not be successful trying to be this hard. Croom did the same thing.

bobcat91
10-28-2020, 03:59 PM
I am beginning to believe the narrative that it was Keenum who forced Cohen's hand on firing Moorhead as he learned about the internal problems and wanted the program cleaned up and many of us regular fans did not know how tainted the locker room actually was..we only saw the underperformance on the field and wondered what the real problem was when talent and ability were not matching performance. Maybe now we really more fully understand what the real problems were.

Cohen wasn't forced into firing Moorhead. It was Keanum's crap that kept him on, totally screwed up the deal with Napier and lead to the hiring of the pirate. And this is a throwaway season. Leach will get at least 4 more after this to prove he can win in the SEC. I personally think we will be competitive next year and see the reason we brought him in the next.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2020, 04:00 PM

Trying to be hard wasn't Croom's problem. Croom's problem was that he didn't have a lick of sense of how to coach offense

bulldawg28
10-28-2020, 04:03 PM
Trying to be hard wasn't Croom's problem. Croom's problem was that he didn't have a lick of sense of how to coach offense

Nor does Leach in 2020.

Todd4State
10-28-2020, 04:05 PM

Then **** our players then. Dan wasn't hard on our guys?

Todd4State
10-28-2020, 04:07 PM
Cohen wasn't forced into firing Moorhead. It was Keanum's crap that kept him on, totally screwed up the deal with Napier and lead to the hiring of the pirate. And this is a throwaway season. Leach will get at least 4 more after this to prove he can win in the SEC. I personally think we will be competitive next year and see the reason we brought him in the next.

By Keenum you mean lining up the boosters on his side to get the money to fire him. I don't think either Cohen or Keenum had a problem firing him- but the money has to be there and the people that have it and can use have to be persuaded to use it.

Jarius
10-28-2020, 04:11 PM
Why do you say that? Do you know who the additional 10 are?

I was told a number, not names.

bulldawg28
10-28-2020, 04:36 PM

Dan connected with his players. Leach is not attempting to relate. Also, Dan can coach circles around Leach

Todd4State
10-28-2020, 04:41 PM
Dan connected with his players. Leach is not attempting to relate. Also, Dan can coach circles around Leach

Bullshit.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2020, 04:49 PM

Dan really connected with Josh Robinson*

Complete BS post

TNDawg35
10-28-2020, 05:00 PM

Wow... this may be the stupidest thing I have seen on here in awhile... So let me
Get this straight....

First we get mad cause Cohen let Mullen walk, even though we match Florida?s offer. Then we get mad at Cohen cause he hired JoMo who everyone in the media was praising as a homerun here. Then We all got mad cause JoMo run us into the ground trying to be everyone?s friend. Then we get mad at Cohen cause he wouldn?t fire him after the egg bowl, when it was Keenum who made Cohen keep him. Then we get made at Cohen again cause he hired Leach instead Nappier who Ever else we wanted, even though Napier was coming until Keenum made Cohen keep JoMo after the egg and therefore pissed Nappier off. Then we get mad at Cohen and Leach cause Leach blows out LSU, and then prceedes to look like dog shit then next three wks and looses the bye wk. Then again, we get mad at Leach for trying to clean the program up and get rid of people who think about no one but themselves, can?t stop smoking grass, or just won?t do shit that?s expected. It?s all Leaches fault cause he told Kylin to pound sand after KH told everyone to 17 off and State needed him
And he didn?t need State. Doesn?t matter Leach have him chance after chance to make amends and rejoin the team. Everyone wants to blame Leach, even though everyone knows KH is a nutcase and does nothing but want sympathy and everyone to ?look at me?... Doesn?t matter Leach told him to Opt Out and save face, cause Kylin then tried to force Leaches hand and then get on twitter and tell everyone I didn?t leave the team and I?m all about State, even though some of the threats made inside the locker room of the KY game have gotten students arrested at high schools and shit...

But poor KH, poor Shavers, poor whoever the 17 else wants to leave, it?s all Leaches and Cohens fault cause they didn?t put down the red carpet and ?get to be our players BF?....

Get that shit out of here...

We are 4 games into the season and everyone wants to fire Leach and Cohen...

bulldawg28
10-28-2020, 05:14 PM
Bullshit.

Dan has plenty of players that love him. Leach's former team was glad he left.

bulldawg28
10-28-2020, 05:14 PM
Dan really connected with Josh Robinson*

Complete BS post

Lol...so one disgruntled player means he didn't connect?

bulldawg28
10-28-2020, 05:15 PM
Wow... this may be the stupidest thing I have seen on here in awhile... So let me
Get this straight....

First we get mad cause Cohen let Mullen walk, even though we match Florida?s offer. Then we get mad at Cohen cause he hired JoMo who everyone in the media was praising as a homerun here. Then We all got mad cause JoMo run us into the ground trying to be everyone?s friend. Then we get mad at Cohen cause he wouldn?t fire him after the egg bowl, when it was Keenum who made Cohen keep him. Then we get made at Cohen again cause he hired Leach instead Nappier who Ever else we wanted, even though Napier was coming until Keenum made Cohen keep JoMo after the egg and therefore pissed Nappier off. Then we get mad at Cohen and Leach cause Leach blows out LSU, and then prceedes to look like dog shit then next three wks and looses the bye wk. Then again, we get mad at Leach for trying to clean the program up and get rid of people who think about no one but themselves, can?t stop smoking grass, or just won?t do shit that?s expected. It?s all Leaches fault cause he told Kylin to pound sand after KH told everyone to 17 off and State needed him
And he didn?t need State. Doesn?t matter Leach have him chance after chance to make amends and rejoin the team. Everyone wants to blame Leach, even though everyone knows KH is a nutcase and does nothing but want sympathy and everyone to ?look at me?... Doesn?t matter Leach told him to Opt Out and save face, cause Kylin then tried to force Leaches hand and then get on twitter and tell everyone I didn?t leave the team and I?m all about State, even though some of the threats made inside the locker room of the KY game have gotten students arrested at high schools and shit...

But poor KH, poor Shavers, poor whoever the 17 else wants to leave, it?s all Leaches and Cohens fault cause they didn?t put down the red carpet and ?get to be our players BF?....

Too long to read bro...You win.

hailmari
10-28-2020, 05:19 PM
To be fair, not many people seem to like Josh Robinson.

bulldawg28
10-28-2020, 05:33 PM
I can promise you if Leach keeps this up recruiting will fall off now and the future. If these kids start speaking out recruits and their parents will take notice. Leach is more hands off than Mullen ever was and that will hurt him. If you can't relate to players you will get leftovers.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2020, 05:40 PM
I can promise you if Leach keeps this up recruiting will fall off now and the future. Agree, IF it keeps up past this year. That hasn't been Leach's MO though. Seems to be a one year attrition and then everyone figures it out.

If these kids start speaking out recruits and their parents will take notice. What are they going say that parents take notice from? "I did pot, knew it was against the rules, and got kicked off the team? That may help recruiting more than anything unless parents want their kids to do pot

Leach is more hands off than Mullen ever was and that will hurt him.[B]Maybe, but Leach's assistants and Emerick work way harder than Mullen's did at recruiting

If you can't relate to players you will get leftovers. Maybe we should ask Rogers, Williams, Cross, Marks, etc if they relate to Leach

Here's what I can promise: If we don't get the culture right, we ain't winning shit

bulldawg28
10-28-2020, 05:56 PM
You're naming recruits that were committed to Moorehead. Leach isn't relating and you haven't had one current player on the roster come out to support him during this time. Leach's old philosophy may be the problem.

R2Dawg
10-28-2020, 06:09 PM
Shavers was on pace to have less than 300 yards this year. I don't see a huge loss.

Wrong standard with this O. No one is getting many yards this year. Jerry Rice would only have 400 yards for the year.

R2Dawg
10-28-2020, 06:12 PM
I can promise you if Leach keeps this up recruiting will fall off now and the future. If these kids start speaking out recruits and their parents will take notice. Leach is more hands off than Mullen ever was and that will hurt him. If you can't relate to players you will get leftovers.

Well we have to wait and see. This is half a year with a dumpster fire culture. No reason to panic yet. If this is still going on a year from now, I will be slightly concerned.

PGHBulldogBG
10-28-2020, 06:26 PM
These are the ramifications that happen when you make a terrible hire like Moorhead. All of this is still on Cohen because that is the reason for this mess Leach has to clean up. Hopefully the Leach hire turns out to be a genius hire and we turn it around significantly by year 3. He needs to hope it is for messing up the Moorhead hire so badly

Cooterpoot
10-28-2020, 06:27 PM
Wrong standard with this O. No one is getting many yards this year. Jerry Rice would only have 400 yards for the year.

He had no catches last game. And we've put up decent yardage numbers in games.

Jarius
10-28-2020, 06:34 PM

Leach has connected well enough to average 8.5 wins a year at 2 shit holes once he got his guys in there.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-28-2020, 06:50 PM

aaaand now I know I can skip your posts because there's probably no thought to them

Santiago
10-28-2020, 06:56 PM
Get this straight....

You nailed it. Perfect post.

BuckyIsAB****
10-28-2020, 07:09 PM
I dont like the fact that drugs are being insinuated. Maybe guys are seeing this offense and Leach won't work in the SEC. As mentioned by someone else, Shavers is coming from Alabama and Nick Saban is one of the hardest coaches in the nation to play for, seeing him leave is odd.. I was very excited when we hired him, and I hope he gets this thing turned around, but I haven't liked what I have seen with this offense or our program so far.

You can not like it all you want but it is what happened

BuckyIsAB****
10-28-2020, 07:12 PM

Mullen is gone. Mullen would not win 11 games at Texas Tech or WSU. He just wouldn?t. Good coach both are but you sound like the ex who can?t move on

BuckyIsAB****
10-28-2020, 07:14 PM

He was extremely hard.

TNDawg35
10-28-2020, 07:19 PM

That’s the problem. You could careless about what anyone says. You have it set in your mind Leach isn’t the answer and nothing is gonna change that.

That’s fine tho, that’s your opinion.

But to sit her and say Leach doesn’t try or this is all his fault is bullshit and you know it. That’s what’s wrong with the one kid who could have been a huge star. Nothing is his fault and it’s all about him.

And to say recruiting is gonna suck cause we won’t let kids smoke dope, WTF are you even talking about? If a kid can’t stay clean at school, why the 17 would we want him?? Seriously dude, step back and think about what you just said...

We won’t recruit well cause we won’t let kids smoke dope..****

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2020, 08:30 PM
You're naming recruits that were committed to Moorehead. Leach isn't relating and you haven't had one current player on the roster come out to support him during this time. Leach's old philosophy may be the problem.

Stay woke bud. You'll never win like that

bulldawg28
10-29-2020, 12:21 AM
Mullen is gone. Mullen would not win 11 games at Texas Tech or WSU. He just wouldn?t. Good coach both are but you sound like the ex who can?t move on

If he won 10 games at State he'd win 11 games at tech and WSU twice as many times as Leach. I sound like a person responding to Mullen being brought because I didn't bring him up. However, you sound like a current lover regarding Will Rogers. Newsflash if the current Qb recruit is good as advertised your boy will be short lived.

Dannyripms
10-29-2020, 12:25 AM
Yeah i had high hopes for Shavers too. Man i wish he would stick around. He's got the talent to do real well here.

bulldawg28
10-29-2020, 12:25 AM
That’s the problem. You could careless about what anyone says. You have it set in your mind Leach isn’t the answer and nothing is gonna change that.

That’s fine tho, that’s your opinion.

But to sit her and say Leach doesn’t try or this is all his fault is bullshit and you know it. That’s what’s wrong with the one kid who could have been a huge star. Nothing is his fault and it’s all about him.

And to say recruiting is gonna suck cause we won’t let kids smoke dope, WTF are you even talking about? If a kid can’t stay clean at school, why the 17 would we want him?? Seriously dude, step back and think about what you just said...

We won’t recruit well cause we won’t let kids smoke dope..****

All 7 kids didn't smoke weed and that's the problem. If you look at our latest commitment it's already happening. Don't get mad at the truth. Old school coaches that can't win consistently and big are dinosaurs on their way out. I hope he does well but I don't see anything about him that suggests success. He'd rather be right than adapt. You can't succeed anywhere like that.

bulldawg28
10-29-2020, 12:34 AM
Stay woke bud. You'll never win like that

You'd better wake up. You can be naive and optimistic all you want but the reality is slapping you in the face. All these outliers you want to give him credit for aren't true. Leach's overall winning percentage is just barely at .60% there's nothing big about that, and that's his prime. He's too old, lazy, and into himself to win big at the SEC level.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-29-2020, 06:15 AM
You'd better wake up. You can be naive and optimistic all you want but the reality is slapping you in the face. All these outliers you want to give him credit for aren't true. Leach's overall winning percentage is just barely at .60% there's nothing big about that, and that's his prime. He's too old, lazy, and into himself to win big at the SEC level.

And probably too white to relate to southern black kids, right? You keep beating around the bush. Why don't you just come out and say it?

bulldawg28
10-29-2020, 06:39 AM
And probably too white to relate to southern black kids, right? You keep beating around the bush. Why don't you just come out and say it?

I don't beat around bushes, I mow them down. This has nothing to do with race. Old school isn't a color.

Irondawg
10-29-2020, 07:06 AM
Without knowing the actual team rules it’s hard to argue his policies.

Is interesting that Malik Heath gets a DUI and is still on the team and others are supposedly kicked off for a failed drug test. Everyone assumes weed but maybe it was something else. Who knows.

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2020, 07:11 AM
Without knowing the actual team rules it’s hard to argue his policies.

Is interesting that Malik Heath gets a DUI and is still on the team and others are supposedly kicked off for a failed drug test. Everyone assumes weed but maybe it was something else. Who knows.

Correct.

We don't actually know what happened. Has to be more than 1 failed drug test or it would've effected starters as well.

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2020, 07:12 AM

Good to know your thoughts

confucius say
10-29-2020, 07:15 AM
All 7 kids didn't smoke weed and that's the problem. If you look at our latest commitment it's already happening. Don't get mad at the truth. Old school coaches that can't win consistently and big are dinosaurs on their way out. I hope he does well but I don't see anything about him that suggests success. He'd rather be right than adapt. You can't succeed anywhere like that.

What's wrong with our latest commit?

FISHDAWG
10-29-2020, 07:59 AM

this is the feeling I get as well ... If top athletes were attracted to this style or "scheme" then where was all the talent at WSU ? I read here where folks are saying his Air-Raid will attract better talent and I also read here where he couldn't get talent at previous stops - there must be a better reason ..... However, I do understand, agree, and support discipline but he is going to need to be a HELL of a coach to compete here .... I think of Freeze when he was at OM and the success he had ... I could be wrong but I don't think he was a rigid disciplinarian and was well liked by his players, so I know that approach can work as well (unless hookers and cash were part of the equation )

Jarius
10-29-2020, 08:04 AM

Leach has had to take over a Complete rebuild and scheme change at both previous stops. Look at his record year 3 and on at both stops. Saying his record is 60 % winning is extremely lazy and poorly thought out, just like every one of your posts in this Thread. Once he gets his guys in the program (year 3 and forward) he averages over 8 wins per year. You can sit on here and bitch for 2 more years if you would like, but he is here and he is not going anywhere and he is eventually going to win.

Jarius
10-29-2020, 08:12 AM

Our recruiting class is ranked 27th and we will add 5 more players to it. Leach is recruiting at the exact same
Level as Moorhead in the worst in state year For prospects in MS That I can remember. He has no idea what he is talking about.

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2020, 08:14 AM
Our recruiting class is ranked 27th and we will add 5 more players to it. Leach is recruiting at the exact same
Level as Moorhead in the worst in state year For prospects in MS That I can remember. He has no idea what he is talking about.

This staff can recruit.

For all that's made about Leach's lack of involvement in the process, unlike Mullen he pushes his guy to be persistent and recruit. He's got a good staff that knows how to sell what they do

StateDawg44
10-29-2020, 08:24 AM

Not picking a side in this argument he has going on in this thread, but absolutely nothing bulldawg28 has said has even remotely led to race until you went there.

What a dumb comment.

bulldawg28
10-29-2020, 08:39 AM

Nothing is wrong with him. He's just a reach for an SEC program ala leftovers.

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2020, 09:00 AM
Nothing is wrong with him. He's just a reach for an SEC program ala leftovers.

If it were any other position, I'd agree, but OL are different to me. Especially in this scheme when we really have no idea what they value. OL are the hardest to evaluate.

bulldawg28
10-29-2020, 09:07 AM
If it were any other position, I'd agree, but OL are different to me. Especially in this scheme when we really have no idea what they value. OL are the hardest to evaluate.

No they're not. Either you can block or you can't. Either he's too slow or he's not. Either he's physical or he's not.

MrCoachKlein
10-29-2020, 09:39 AM

Leach knows what to look for in OL for his scheme. He found plenty of 2 stars at TT and Wazzu that wound up looking a lot better than they should have.

BB30
10-29-2020, 09:49 AM

Why wouldn't mullen win 11 at T tech or WSU? When he took state over we were in just as bad a shape as both of those programs? We were coming off years where we had lost to teams named Maine... Let me repeat that, Maine. He won 10 with an SEC slate. You don't think he could have success in two conferences that don't play defense where you might play 1 0r 2 tough games a year?

We were much more similar to Texas Tech/WSU than we were Alabama, LSU, UGA at that point in time and it's not close.