PDA

View Full Version : More on the exodus train....

William Tecumsah Sherman
10-28-2020, 11:00 AM
Shavers, Lawson, and Stewart on the way out

Mobile Bay
10-28-2020, 11:01 AM
Goodbye malcontents

FISHDAWG
10-28-2020, 11:08 AM
at this rate my 60 yr old self is tempted to try to walk-on ... any malcontents on the OL ?

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2020, 11:09 AM
Sounds like we had a bunch of failed drug tests.

Leach at his next press conference:

THIS IS YOUR TEAM....... Norman Dale has come to town

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/CLwsRPsrYJCnP5bTtB2tYjFIywTQrV4TXlNllaD7TJHmbYT7vz L9O60Qdapjfq-q1B08RD_hzuagxvA608CFhnn_Grwe09z9bbb7q4CXSxEVPnjp

BeastMan
10-28-2020, 11:12 AM
Guess this is a full rebuild

HoopsDawg
10-28-2020, 11:13 AM
First player on the 2 deep we have lost.

With these 3 departures, we now have room to sign a full 25.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2020, 11:15 AM
I know a lot of folks are freaking out over the number we have leaving but if you've ever had to take over a team or a business with bad attitudes and poor production you understand that you have to cut out the diseased parts before it can flourish. Painful in the short term but only way to have a shot at long term success. Been there done that.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2020, 11:20 AM
Guess this is a full rebuild

has to be. Joe was the worst hire at MSU since Felker.

Croom, while bad, was at least respected by players. Joe did nothing positive for the program at all

BrunswickDawg
I know a lot of folks are freaking out over the number we have leaving but if you've ever had to take over a team or a business with bad attitudes and poor production you understand that you have to cut out the diseased parts before it can flourish. Painful in the short term but only way to have a shot at long term success. Been there done that.

Yep. It ain't fun.

And in Leach's case, he is dealing with a holdover culture that lets just say was high on some things that Leach absolutely doesn't tolerate.

ShotgunDawg

you continue to get it. Really appreciate your perspective

BankerDog
10-28-2020, 11:21 AM
You can?t fail two drug test in a row and expect no punishment...

HoopsDawg
10-28-2020, 11:23 AM
You can?t fail two drug test in a row and expect no punishment...

Is this the policy at all SEC programs? I thought weed was a 3 strike thing.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2020, 11:23 AM
Yep. It ain't fun.

And in Leach's case, he is dealing with a holdover culture that lets just say was high on some things that Leach absolutely doesn't tolerate.

Bingo!

TrapGame
10-28-2020, 11:24 AM
Joe Moorhead, thanks for being the cool dad.**

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2020, 11:26 AM
Joe Moorhead, thanks for being the cool dad.**

Uncle Buck done Bucked up the program

confucius say
10-28-2020, 11:40 AM
Yep. It ain't fun.

High you say?

Commercecomet24
10-28-2020, 11:41 AM
you continue to get it. Really appreciate your perspective

Thanks, Gun. Sometimes the years you have on you give you a little knowledge on how things work in life. I grew up working on my grandfathers farm. Working on a farm is a great teacher about how life works. I always apply those things I learned on that farm to everything I do and it generally proves to be succesful.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2020, 11:54 AM
https://twitter.com/AlexS_ESPN/status/1321494862898831361?s=20

Cowbell
10-28-2020, 11:58 AM
I fully support this transition - glad it is happening now. I just hope it doesn't affect us on the recruiting front too bad.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2020, 12:04 PM
If you think it's bad now, just imagine if Joe was still our head coach.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2020, 12:05 PM
Leach says to expect more

CadaverDawg
10-28-2020, 12:23 PM
State should have a permanent sign out front that says "Will Contend Tomorrow".

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-D1x0U-ldYdU/TpmufjHyi7I/AAAAAAAAHuw/WD5Ex6a8uEk/s1600/free-crab.JPG

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-28-2020, 12:26 PM
Well, Lawson hurts. The other 2 not so much, but with our bad DE situation next year we sure needed Lawson's athleticism on the edge to get pressure.

Overall, lets remember this time last year we were arguing about whether Joe had set us back one year, 2 years, or if a 3rd year under Joe would completely destroy the program or not. We all agreed 2020 wouldn't be good, we just wanted it to not be good because a new coach was cleaning things up vs not being good cause Joe is still here.

We need to keep Arnett, fix the OL, and improve our DL recruiting. Outside of that I think the program is clearly going in the right direction. a lot has been made about Leach's system and his refusal to adapt and yeah, it'll keep us from being as good as possible, but Leachs' system competently ran will still be good enough to win a lot of games and be a solid program.

After Leach is gone, we won't have a mobile QB and we won't be good at run blocking. Other than those relatively easy to work around flaws the program will be in a good place for the next guy, because Leach will have a culture of hard work, listening to coaches, and discipline, and (this year's poor in state class asside) normal for State level recruiting

FISHDAWG
10-28-2020, 01:05 PM
Well, Lawson hurts. The other 2 not so much, but with our bad DE situation next year we sure needed Lawson's athleticism on the edge to get pressure.

Overall, lets remember this time last year we were arguing about whether Joe had set us back one year, 2 years, or if a 3rd year under Joe would completely destroy the program or not. We all agreed 2020 wouldn't be good, we just wanted it to not be good because a new coach was cleaning things up vs not being good cause Joe is still here.

We need to keep Arnett, fix the OL, and improve our DL recruiting. Outside of that I think the program is clearly going in the right direction. a lot has been made about Leach's system and his refusal to adapt and yeah, it'll keep us from being as good as possible, but Leachs' system competently ran will still be good enough to win a lot of games and be a solid program.

After Leach is gone, we won't have a mobile QB and we won't be good at run blocking. Other than those relatively easy to work around flaws the program will be in a good place for the next guy, because Leach will have a culture of hard work, listening to coaches, and discipline, and (this year's poor in state class asside) normal for State level recruiting

good post ... When we hired an experienced HC it's easy to forget that a year ago we were all admitting to ourselves it would be a two or three year rebuild while we were still under Joe ... I'm totally guilty of this ... maybe because of higher than should be expectations since hiring a proven / experienced HC .... I know Gun preaches this but impatience can be a bitch