PDA

View Full Version : The Cowboys tank is on

DEDawg
10-28-2020, 10:17 AM
https://heavy.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-everson-griffen-nfl-trade-rumor/?fbclid=IwAR3xDQyH1rXfjVizh-xuMr6AvXStiYd3hJjpZI1Y9XFLfdvKlQUKCaQTV6w

They're all in for Fields or Trevor I think. I hope Dak goes to New England or Colts, think he can win multiple SB at either. Dallas is such a trash organization right now, I hope he gets out this year.

BeardoMSU
10-28-2020, 10:19 AM
I don't that trading him is indicative of them trying to tank, tbh.

Also, anyone with a brain and functional eyes can see Dallas' problems are not in anyway connected to the QB position....so going all out to get a rookie QB with a top pick will improve them literally zero.

DEDawg
10-28-2020, 10:21 AM

Also, anyone with a brain and functional eyes can see Dallas' problems are not in anyway connected to the QB position....so going all out to get a rookie QB with a top pick will improve them literally zero.

It's Jerry Jones. Nothing there makes sense.

Cowbell
10-28-2020, 10:23 AM

What it will do is get them out of having to pay Dak because they have a lot of holes to fill and a lot of current contracts that aren't paying off.

But I agree on griffin - he has not lived up to expectations and some believe he is the locker room cancer that ran his mouth to Jane Slater.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-28-2020, 10:25 AM
I don't know they're all in on a QB, I read on reddit.com/r/Cowboys that they need cap space freed up.

Plus, they need help at S, CB, Lb (if they get rid of Jaylon Smith), DT and DE (if Tank actually performs like he's capable of they can skip DE). On O they need to replace the interior OL and in a year will have to use a 1st on a Tyron Smith replacement.

Basically, they need picks, and since this year is out they may as well do a firesale. There's still no getting this group into a SB contender within the next 3 years, and I don't think McCarthy is the guy either

DEDawg
10-28-2020, 10:27 AM
I don't know they're all in on a QB, I read on reddit.com/r/Cowboys that they need cap space freed up.

Plus, they need help at S, CB, Lb (if they get rid of Jaylon Smith), DT and DE (if Tank actually performs like he's capable of they can skip DE). On O they need to replace the interior OL and in a year will have to use a 1st on a Tyron Smith replacement.

Basically, they need picks, and since this year is out they may as well do a firesale. There's still no getting this group into a SB contender within the next 3 years, and I don't think McCarthy is the guy either
Well this is the point. If you can get Fields or Trevor at 18 mil for 4 years that's half of what you'd have to pay Dak

Joebob
10-28-2020, 10:31 AM

He's definitely the number one problem, but this coaching staff (which he picked) evidently can't evaluate talent either.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-28-2020, 10:36 AM
Well this is the point. If you can get Fields or Trevor at 18 mil for 4 years that's half of what you'd have to pay Dak

But it's going to be hard to outtank the jets, Texans, Jags, bengals.... I guess they may as well go for it but especially with how bad the East is it'll be hard not to win more than those teams. No, teams like a bengals or Texans don't need Fields, but I think if they had a high enough spot to grab him they'd trade back to someone who does

BeardoMSU
10-28-2020, 10:38 AM

No arguments from me on that point, lol.

To your previous post, I'd love to see Dak in New England, both for him as a player, and selfishly for me as a fan. Still a big market team, but with a much better coach, infrastructure, and culture of winning, and I'd actually have a reason to go see the Pats play.

Dak would absolutely kill it in NE.

DEDawg
10-28-2020, 10:40 AM
But it's going to be hard to outtank the jets, Texans, Jags, bengals.... I guess they may as well go for it but especially with how bad the East is it'll be hard not to win more than those teams. No, teams like a bengals or Texans don't need Fields, but I think if they had a high enough spot to grab him they'd trade back to someone who does

Texans and Bengals will finish better. Giants TBD. I mean Dallas has probably the worst defense i've ever seen in the NFL, and the article I linked is them releasing 3 D starters. I don't think top 2 pick is out of the realm, and top 4 seems probable. We'll see if they like Lance if they don't get the first 2. Either way, I hate the Cowboys, think they've treated Dak poorly, and Jerry is a cancer so hoping he gets traded. He can make an 8-8 team with a mediocre QB a contender. See Bears, Colts, Patriots....

Commercecomet24
10-28-2020, 10:43 AM
No arguments from me on that point, lol.

To your previous post, I'd love to see Dak in New England, both for him as a player, and selfishly for me as a fan. Still a big market team, but with a much better coach, infrastructure, and culture of winning, and I'd actually have a reason to go see the Pats play.

Dak would absolutely kill it in NE.

My dream would be to see Dak in NE. I'm a Pats fan and adding Dak would be awesome. The Pats have cap issues though and I can't see them being able to afford him. Would be awesome though!

DEDawg
10-28-2020, 10:45 AM
My dream would be to see Dak in NE. I'm a Pats fan and adding Dak would be awesome. The Pats have cap issues though and I can't see them being able to afford him. Would be awesome though!

Patriots have no cap space issues. They have Tom and ABs dead money this year... think its around 20 mil then its off the books June 1st. They will be swimming in money for 2021, signing Dak wouldn't be an issue from a cap space standpoint

Commercecomet24
10-28-2020, 10:47 AM
Patriots have no cap space issues. They have Tom and ABs dead money this year... think its around 20 mil then its off the books June 1st. They will be swimming in money for 2021, signing Dak wouldn't be an issue from a cap space standpoint

I hope that's true but that's not what i've been hearing on the Pats message boards. Hope you're right.

DEDawg
10-28-2020, 10:49 AM
I hope that's true but that's not what i've been hearing on the Pats message boards. Hope you're right.

Cap space is public, you can go look it up: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/cap/2021/

Estimated at 70 mil+ for 2021

Commercecomet24
10-28-2020, 10:50 AM
Cap space is public, you can go look it up: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/cap/2021/

Estimated at 70 mil+ for 2021

Appreciate that. I can only hope Dak goes to NE. BB can be tight with the checkbook though.

bulldawg28
10-28-2020, 11:18 AM
Appreciate that. I can only hope Dak goes to NE. BB can be tight with the checkbook though.

That's the main reason he wouldn't go, plus they have no WR's.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2020, 11:20 AM
That's the main reason he wouldn't go, plus they have no WR's.

Agree on all that and Edelman is all they got. BB got work to do.

huffy
10-28-2020, 11:36 AM
Nah. Dak needs to be a steeler. Let Ben ride off in the sunset and give Dak some awesome targets.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-28-2020, 06:37 PM

Texans don't have any early round draft picks because of Bill O.

Okrastar1
10-29-2020, 09:42 AM
In all honesty what the Cowboys can possibly do in this next draft could set them up for years. If they can get slotted 3-5 in the draft order, its perfect for them! Teams looking for a QB make a blockbuster trade sending between 1-3 1st rd picks(between 2021-2022 drafts) as well as a few 2nd/3rd/4th rounders thrown in. This gives you the availability to turn that one pick into possibly 4-5 early picks where you sure up that OL(OT to repair the line), Find that Byron Jones replacement (Should have let Cooper leave and pay Byron), pick up a stud LB(Get the hell up outta that stupid ass Jaylon Smith contract), and find a RB so you can drop Zeke and that monstrosity of a contract for someone who was supposed to be the stud horse(See stats without Dak, BADDDD).
In doing this you flip the Cowboys quickly back into the mix and over the hump, and have plenty of Cap to pay Dak comfortably(pending he comes back healthy)
That top 5 pick could flip the franchise if dealt with correctly!

DEDawg
10-29-2020, 10:26 AM
In all honesty what the Cowboys can possibly do in this next draft could set them up for years. If they can get slotted 3-5 in the draft order, its perfect for them! Teams looking for a QB make a blockbuster trade sending between 1-3 1st rd picks(between 2021-2022 drafts) as well as a few 2nd/3rd/4th rounders thrown in. This gives you the availability to turn that one pick into possibly 4-5 early picks where you sure up that OL(OT to repair the line), Find that Byron Jones replacement (Should have let Cooper leave and pay Byron), pick up a stud LB(Get the hell up outta that stupid ass Jaylon Smith contract), and find a RB so you can drop Zeke and that monstrosity of a contract for someone who was supposed to be the stud horse(See stats without Dak, BADDDD).
In doing this you flip the Cowboys quickly back into the mix and over the hump, and have plenty of Cap to pay Dak comfortably(pending he comes back healthy)
That top 5 pick could flip the franchise if dealt with correctly!

There is 0% chance they get out of the Zeke contract. I'd say 15% for Jaylon. JJ overpaid both those guys and Zeke has under performed and Jaylon has been hurt. I don't see any team with a GM dumber than JJ (not the O'Brien is gone) who would take those contracts. I thinkkkk Jaylon has an out after 2022 with like 10mil in dead cap, but pretty sure Zeke's is mostly guaranteed. I'd be more worried about the DLaw contract than those other 2 if I was a cowboys fan

hp22
10-29-2020, 10:51 AM
I think Dak is perfect for the type of football played in NE.

I'd also be curious if the Giants would be a possible landing spot. Him moving to the largest market in the world and playing for an MSU football guy....I like it. I'm not a subscriber to the Daniel Jones experiment. Jason Garrett is also there.

One thing I do think, the quicker Dak can get out of Dallas the better he will be.