PDA

View Full Version : College Baseball in Mississippi

SteelCurtain74
10-27-2020, 07:04 PM
Found this article about college baseball in Mississippi. Pretty good write up.

https://www.collegebaseball.info/post/no-better-place-for-college-baseball-a-look-at-the-tradition-of-college-baseball-in-mississippi

Todd4State
10-27-2020, 09:41 PM
Yes- college baseball is big here because MSU made it big and Ole Miss and USM followed our lead. We also don't really have a pro baseball team in the area- the Cardinals and Royals hurt Mizzou baseball and the Braves hurt Georgia baseball.

I would have talked about Delta State if I had written the article. They're a very strong and tradition rich program as well- much moreso than the HBCU's baseball teams.

MsStateBaseball
10-28-2020, 01:55 PM
These guys are very pro OM so I don?t associate with them. They have not clue of the history of our program.

ArrowDawg
10-28-2020, 02:13 PM
Yes- college baseball is big here because MSU made it big and Ole Miss and USM followed our lead. We also don't really have a pro baseball team in the area- the Cardinals and Royals hurt Mizzou baseball and the Braves hurt Georgia baseball.

I would have talked about Delta State if I had written the article. They're a very strong and tradition rich program as well- much moreso than the HBCU's baseball teams.

That's great that college baseball is big here, but if OM ever wins a title before we do I'm giving you permission to shoot me dead.

Todd4State
10-28-2020, 03:31 PM
That's great that college baseball is big here, but if OM ever wins a title before we do I'm giving you permission to shoot me dead.

You have to get to Omaha to win one.